Bridal Makeup Artist in Chennai?

by Mehak Shahani on August 11, 2013

in Beauty Banter

bb copy A Bride to be in Despair wants to know about the best bridal makeup artists that Chennai has to offer. SOmeone who does, classy , elegant and sophisticated makeup and can turn you into a princess on your wedding day? Any recommendations girls?? Do comment below with the best of your list!

• One of the best I found in Chennai was Siva Makeup : Very clean, very soft and minimal work but something that definitely adds and brings out the best features in every bride.

See his work here: Siva Makeup Artist

• If you like makeup to be Glamorous then Shweta Hasija from Chennai is probably the better ones out there

See her work on wedmgeood: Shweta Hasija

• There is also Noor in Chennai whose makeup is so subtle but so pretty and natural looking. Perfect for morning brides

See her work: Noor MUA

• G Venkatesh has a really pretty makeup aesthetic as well and has worked with both SI and NI brides

See his work : G Venkatesh

• Recently came across the work of Anushka Spa and Salon and it looks quite fab!

See their work: Anushka Spa and Salon

• A great one from Chennai is Mesmereyes by Akriti Sachdev: Absolutely love her work, very clean and polishes and can work for both South Indian and North Indian Brides in Chennai as well! You can see her work on our wedding website- Wed Me Good where we are putting together our list of favourite wedding professionals in on place

• We also love Sunita Singh . One of the stalwarts of makeup in Chennai and the trainer behind many of the top makeup artists in Chennai today!

Get in touch via twitter  : Sunita

• Also have heard of Page 3 Salon from some brides as a decent place

• Beware of: People sending you pics online of bridal makeup they have just downloaded from the internet. This is a rampant problem, which is why we handpick the makeup artists to feature on wedmegood..

Lastly, if you know of a great makeup artist in Chennai then do let us know so we can investigate and see whether we can recommend them.

For the best in Bangalore click here: Bridal Makeup in Bangalore

Shrutilaya August 11, 2013 at 12:57 pm

Akriti Sachdev!
She used to work for MAC, I think. She’s really good!
This is her facebook page –

Hope this helps!

Revathy HnB August 11, 2013 at 1:12 pm

try vogue salon in sun plaza, t.nagar.. she does makeup for most tv celebrities & many tv shows in vijay tv too…. she used only MAC….

Supria August 11, 2013 at 1:25 pm

Anushka salon in t.nagar did a great job for my friend’s wedding.

Stay away from naturals bridal salon, khader nawaz khan road, they did a terrible job for my own wedding.

mehak August 11, 2013 at 5:09 pm

Thanks supria

JANE August 12, 2013 at 8:57 pm

No for Naturals here too. Terrible job. I wish there were as many beauty blogs in 2008 and I would have done my own makeup for sure.

mehak August 13, 2013 at 9:05 am

Thanks Jane !

Gowthami August 11, 2013 at 6:20 pm

Naturals salon and Vogue salon in t-nagar!!

VK August 11, 2013 at 6:34 pm

Check him out. . .He is famous around ad world and he is also an hit with Chennai brides.

Priyanka Jain August 12, 2013 at 10:11 pm

heyy i live in chennai and neelam is the best and most popular makeup artist when it comes to we north indians with an experience of over 15 years. contact details No 402 A Block Prince Garden, Thambusamy Street, Kilpauk, Chennai – 600010 . 9884349444/ (044) 42012669 .. and the next is akriti sachdev ex mac makeup artist.. and ohh she s great n m greatful to have taken makeup lessons from her :) ;)

preethi March 8, 2014 at 10:50 pm

Hi, do you know the package cost for Neelam? Thanks in advance.

Nithya August 15, 2013 at 2:52 pm

The Mac store in EA has a few freelance MUA who are really good. Kanya in Besant nagar is good. Oryza I’ve heard is good

scarlett o hara August 18, 2013 at 11:07 pm

Check out noor make up artist…he’s quite good and reasonable too.

Nivedita July 1, 2014 at 11:38 am

Hi, Do u know the package cost for NOOR??? Thanks in advance…

uma September 7, 2013 at 10:33 pm

Hi, i am Uma from Chennai.I offer professional Bridal makeup at your doorstep. I do makeover for wedding, reception, engagement or any occasions. I guarantee you that young look beautiful, stylish and confident of your makeover. I can make your face natural and glowing skin. you can contact me @ 98402 82374. I use only brand products like Mac, bourjois, inglot etc

Meenakshi September 30, 2013 at 7:06 pm

Hi Uma,

Please mail me your brides’ pictures and the packages available @

Monisha December 7, 2013 at 7:49 pm

Hi Uma,
Can you please mail the pictures and package details .

Vidhya January 15, 2014 at 1:00 pm

Hi Uma,

Could you plz send the bride’s pictures and package details to

Anu January 30, 2014 at 2:28 pm

Hi Uma,

Please mail me the pictures and package details.

uma February 12, 2014 at 7:57 pm

Thanks for contacting me. send me your email, I ll mail you my portfolio and my package costs Rs 5000 per event. thus includes makeup, hair do and saree drapping. I do free trail once you book me so you no need to be in panic about how you on your B day. you can reach me @ 98402 82374

chennai bride September 18, 2013 at 8:48 pm

Thanks for the recommendations. Can you tell me which person I should ask for at Vogue or MAC? Uma, do you have a portfolio online?

Uma September 21, 2013 at 1:35 pm

thanks for contacting me. I do bridal makeup on freelance basis and it is my family business. currently I don’t have any online profile. if you reach me @ phone, we ll discuss in detail.

Vaishnavi December 18, 2013 at 5:31 pm

Hi Uma

Can you please send the details of your package and pictures to

Harine October 3, 2013 at 3:12 pm

I saw this thread only today . probably my suggestion could be useful for brides to be in chennai .
The makeup artist’s name is Kavitha . she has a parlour in Nanganallur . She uses MAC and kryolan
She s not very famous but did an excellent job for my sangeeth . i regret that i didn’t book her for my wedding and reception since I came to know about her only after I booked Kanya ‘s .
She s very innovative,gives a free trial session and her charge is very moderate .
her number is 9884465894.
She charged Rs 4500 for me. Probably now she might have increased

p December 20, 2013 at 8:57 pm

is it possible to see your photographs anywhere to get a hang of how good she is?

Janaki January 15, 2014 at 4:46 pm

Hi P,

Click the following google+ link, which has sent to me, to see some of her bridal Makeover pictures.

Mail her to the following mail id for further information.

Janaki January 15, 2014 at 4:24 pm

Hi Harine,

I must be very thankful to you. Because, I booked Kavitha for my wedding and reception.
She has done great job. She is really creative and innovative.
Charges also very reasonable.
Now she is charging Rs6000.
Once again, I thank you very much for your valuable suggestion in choosing good Makeup artist.

Harine January 30, 2014 at 3:02 pm

Welcome Janaki… Am happy yr makeup turned out really good..

vidhya September 4, 2014 at 4:59 pm

Hi harine..can u give me kavitha’s contact number and which parlor she runs n nanganllur.

Reshmi November 16, 2013 at 2:02 pm

Page 3 Luxury Salon has one of best bridal makeup in Chennai. Excellent detailing, service and looks good in person and in photos. Personal recommendation – Samantha Jagan.

SHILPA November 18, 2013 at 6:26 pm

Hi Girls!
Gaythri did a great for my wedding.. she has a blog
You can visit her blog and request for her works. She gives a free trial if you finalize her dates for wedding and reception. Does a neat work that does not look overdone. Hope I helped all Brides to be

m January 5, 2014 at 4:26 pm

Hi all,
Any suggestions where i could get a complete bridal package like mehendi,all d services dat we get from a salon,engagement,wedding nd reception makeup,saree draping,hair dressing nd coming to the venue and all these together at a reasonable price? I might be asking too much but would like to know different opions…
Please help..

Shrutilaya January 29, 2014 at 11:29 pm

I’m a freelance makeup artist from Chennai, and I’ve recently started Bridal makeup as well :)
Feel free to contact me if needed! :)

Chitra February 24, 2014 at 10:26 am

Please share kavitha’s contact number

Judy Poulose March 15, 2014 at 2:03 pm

I would suggest Page 3 Salon. they have 2 stores – nugumbakkam and teynampet. Both are equally good, though the teynampet is a newer one. I got a haircut and so did my friend. We both loved our haircuts and eventually decided to go with bridal makeup. Very professional, yet friendly staff. Detailed and there’s little room of package discount. I liked that they offered. I picked the MAC makeup for Rs 12000 for engagement – it turned out real good. Loved the makeup – my artist was Bina, she did both my hair and makeup. I’ve recommended 2 other friends and they got it done too. So you know this place works.

Neha March 17, 2014 at 9:46 am

Hi All, It was total waste of money and time if u have plans to call “UMA 98402 82374″, she is totally a beginner, ameture, confusing lady. I didn’t see any professional work by her! Dont ask her portfolio she may pick up any bridal pics from website and send it across! Pls keep away and beware!!!

Adeeba March 18, 2014 at 4:29 pm

Hey guys! any leads? I am still looking at desperately for a good but reasonable MUA in Chennai! Do let me know!

jeya shreevarshini April 2, 2014 at 11:48 pm

hi call me to have a flawless make up on your very special me or whats app me for further enquires on +919962602555…….

hanna April 9, 2014 at 5:27 pm

How about green trends and naturals for bridal makeup

priya April 17, 2014 at 9:41 pm

I was looking for a makeup artist who could give me a complete traditional look for my engagement and a contemporary look for my sister’s reception. I did a trial make up with kavita snd found her very impressive. She not onky did s very good job at the make up but also hair and jewelry. She came across as s complete make over solution artist. I would rate her 10 on 10. She helped me take care of my hair n skin as well. Make up was just right and not too bling. U can google kavita’s bridal make up nanganellur and also find her on just dial. Overall a thumbs up.

Elakkia.R June 2, 2014 at 3:28 pm

Please give her contact no.. ll be useful

nisha September 11, 2014 at 10:35 am

Hi priya

Can you tell me how much did she charge you??

Elakkia.R June 2, 2014 at 11:13 am

Kavitha.. Can you please send me your Conct no. to my mail id..

Elakkia.R June 2, 2014 at 3:27 pm

My mail id is

nivedha June 16, 2014 at 6:22 pm

i would like to know how much menal momaya costs for a single event.

karthika jothi October 9, 2014 at 6:00 pm

Hi frnds for me nov 9th marriage plz guide me some bridal artist i need simple and natural make up my budget lies within 5k to 10k

Esha November 1, 2014 at 3:43 am

Hi Girls,

I am on the same boat as Karthika. Do yo guys have any one who is reasonably priced? My budget is 10k-15k.

@karthika, I have been talking to some salons, like naturals and green trends if you want them to use good products that will not harm your skin for the next day, you should choose the higher end package at 10k. But if you can find someone ho uses MAC products for cheaper, then let us all know as well.

Sneha Shanker January 19, 2015 at 4:17 pm

As per your budget you can go for maha elegance.I booked them for my iyer wedding in june 2014 & the sweet lady there customizes your makeup as per your wish.when I went through their portfolio I saw a lot of pancake faces & heavy makeup but she assured that it depends on the customer.if someone asks for a heavy makeup they hav to do it..I personally dont like a plastered pancake I went for a subtle n elegant one..& her work was really appreciated..she kept it simple yet classy without any overdoing..yes it was a mac makeup

Nikitha November 9, 2015 at 6:39 pm

Could you please provide me with the contact number

Nity June 13, 2015 at 6:39 pm

I am confused in getting a MUA for my wedding coming soon in the month of august… i want some reasonable price and good artist for reception and wedding.. pls suggest me.
i culd see many of them suggesting but the problem is we dont know how genuine they are and whether they send their own work portfolio.experienced brides should know better on whom is good and request u to share their number their own work pics.

Aparna November 9, 2015 at 6:31 pm

Hi Sneha,

Could you please provide me her contact

Rojita July 25, 2015 at 10:34 pm

Please suggest a good makeup artist for Christian wedding. Someone who’s good at a decent reasonable price.
Thanks in advance!

Shruthi August 25, 2015 at 1:51 pm

Hey Rojita,
I am a bridal makeup artist. I have been doing a lot of wedding related work off late. I will give you a free trial makeup and I charge very reasonable rates according to each customer and her requirements. Also i use all kinda crylon and mac products(again according to customer’s need). My work number is 9962314998.

Shruthi August 25, 2015 at 3:43 pm

Also I rent really great and fully worked raw silk lehengas and beautiful antique and kundan accessories specially ordered from Delhi . You’ll look nothing less than a princess. I specialise in South Indian Iyer and Christian weddings

Anitha September 12, 2015 at 11:33 am

Hi, I am Anitha, CIBTAC (UK) professional running Floritus Beauty Salon, bringing my salon experiences from Malaysia & Australia. Please visit my salon to feel the difference. We do bridals as well at affordable cost. Walk-in or call: Floritus Fashion & Beauty Salon, 14 Sarathy Nagar, 1st Main Road, Velachery, Chennai. Opp: PIND Restaurant. Ph: 9791573360. I am sure our place will make u to feel fresh, beautiful & relax. Thanks

Dr.Swathi October 19, 2015 at 7:54 pm

I had Arthi Balaji as my make up artist for my wedding. I would highly recommend Pearls Beauty Lounge & Bridal Makeup Studio to any bride-to-be or anyone looking to have their make up done professionally for any occasion. I found Arthi Balaji an absolute pleasure to deal with, both in the make up trials before the wedding and on the day. She listened to requests for certain shades etc. and also offered advice and recommendations on what shades and make up suit your skin type.

We all got so many complements on the day about our make up..thanks to Arthi’s expertise and experience in bridal make-up. I would recommend Arthi to anyone who wants to feel extra fabulous for a special occasion!

Visit the work of Pearls Beauty Lounge at

Nikitha November 9, 2015 at 6:38 pm

Hi Girls,

Can some one suggest any good bridal make up artist. Really confused with so many adds in facebook.
Cant actually figure out what would actually be good. I believe in listening to others experiences. I am looking for something subtle and reasonable at the same time.

Thanks in advance