Lakme Fashion Week 2013: What Should I Wear??

by mehak on August 18, 2013

in Fashion

The first thing you think of when you are invited to be the Official beauty blogger for Lakme Fashion Week 2013 ( Day 0 and Day 1)  is .. “Hmm, how can i interpret beauty trends that are relevant to the new age Indian Woman amidst the global scenario of Economic Slowdown”…umm NOT . Unless you are Bandana Tiwari or some super serious fashion journalist. Me? The first thing i think of is..OMG I have nothing to wearrrrr !!! Now, typically i would go and buy something appropriate enough for Fashion Week, but i refuse to do so since i am on a shopping ban and hence will make do with what is best available in my closet. And guess who will help me decide ? YOU GUYS !!!  Just Remember before you vote for an outfit that it should be :

• Comfortable to wear
  • Should be able to look good without heels (Im not a heels person at all- I feel i am undergoing chinese torture while wearing them)
  • Should not look like im trying too hard (Though obviously i am….know what i mean? It Should be like “Oh this, i just threw on whatever i could find ”  :p  …kidding)

Option #1 : The Zara Lace Dress (With a Bright Belt)

I love this dress because from the front its almost corporate and demure looking- high neck, not short- knee length and then you turn around and then *Bang* …its super super low back. Only thing is- Lingerie with this is extremely tricky!

Option #2 : The Mango Coral Dress (With a Bright Belt)

Peachesandblush143I know this looks like a balloon in the picture, but when you wear it – the neck is really interesting and i like it cinched at the waist with a gold belt. Think it might be too cocktailish for LFW though – i dont wanna ‘dress up’ you know.

Option #3: Cropped Navy Jumpsuit

I like that this is kind of casual, but can be dressed up or down. It kind of has an awkward length though- ends like 4 inches above my ankle i dont know if that looks nice or wierd.

Option #4: Indo Western

One of the shows i will be attending will be Manish Malhotra, so i thought i may add a bit of Indo-Western. Honestly, i would wear a Sari but  i dont know how to tie one myself and i cant handle myself in one so shall avoid. This is worn with a spaghetti strap inner and tights.

Option #5: Neon Pants

I love my neon Pants but i think they may look too Hawaii-ish ! No? I might switch up that black top with something more formal like a nice white top or something…

So What Should i wear?

[poll id=”19″]

Pssst: TOTALLY kicked about LFW 2013 btw!!!! Cant wait to see Anita Dongre’s show the Jaipur Bride in person!

Shruti August 18, 2013 at 7:47 pm

Coral neck tie with golden accessories!

LittleBigHappyGirl August 18, 2013 at 7:47 pm

Oooh! The white lace dress for sure!
And really liking the blue indo western kurta (?!)
Would love to see how it looks when you wear it.

Deepti August 18, 2013 at 7:49 pm

u know I wld love to see u in that white lace dress… once u r done with selection here.. why not do a outfit if the day for us :P

anyway I have voted for white lacy dress but I was confused with that Mango dress. Thou I feel Mango dress might look a lil dressy if u wanna wear something comfortable.. :)

Krithi August 18, 2013 at 7:59 pm

U should wear either lace dress or floral pant with white shirt which u can inshirt so that it looks bit formal

Clothes and Creativity August 18, 2013 at 8:08 pm

Mehak, you pulled out some eclectic stuff there!

My detailed analysis (cause I love clothes and getting dressed-up_.

1. White Lace Dress- It’s a classic dress with an edge (the interesting back). And lace is quite ‘on-trend’. Plus, it could be accessorized really well since it’s a blank canvas. You could wear a statement necklace and a nice skinny belt to make the dress fun. You could also play-up with your footwear in terms of colour (if not heel height).

2. Coral Dress- Although it’s a pretty colour, I agree with you when you say it’s cocktailish!

3. Jumpsuit. Again, jumpsuits are quite in and the you can pair this one up with statement accessories, however, I’m not quite sure about the length.

4. Indo-western- It’s got a bohemian vibe to it. It would make for an interesting outfit. Plus, colour-blocking has been ‘in’ for quite sometime.

5. Neon Pants- They are fun for daytime. But I think a tad casual for a forma l(although creative) event.

My vote- The white lace dress :)

I have almost written up a thesis! LOL

Clothes and Creativity

Bulbul August 18, 2013 at 8:10 pm

The poll seems to be closed… I vote for white lace dress… Very classy and chic. Btw, which kind of lingerie will you wear? I have a backless top but have not been able to figure this part yet.

Bhavna Singh August 18, 2013 at 11:47 pm

For a backless dress/top buy a nice adhesive bra! :)

Poorva August 18, 2013 at 8:13 pm

i loveed the white dress but i feel it might look a bitt formal?
so, i voted for the jumpsuit n the pants if i could vote for 2!
all the best, you’ll look gorgeous in whatever u wear :*

Aleah August 18, 2013 at 8:43 pm

I think you should go for the white backless dress or the coral dress from Mango. DO NOT think about being over-dressed or being too glamorous because it is a Fashion Week and you are a Beauty and Fashion Blogger. Hope it helped :)

ssema August 18, 2013 at 8:52 pm

Hi Mehak I ‘ll vote for the lace dress as its very classy and elegant .Cant wait to see the end result and the post after that !!! Another thing I wanted to write to u about as that after u mentioned the winners of the blog aware i checked them out u see but no body can beat u !!! As ur the best and closest to our heart .

ssema August 18, 2013 at 8:55 pm

Hi Mehak I ‘ll vote for the lace dress as its very classy and elegant .Cant wait to see the end result and the post after that !!! Another thing I wanted to write to u about is that ,after u mentioned the winners of the blog award, I checked them out u see ,but no body can beat u !!! As ur the best and closest to our heart .

nehac August 18, 2013 at 10:17 pm

1. White lace dress with Tan Belt and accessories with Tan wedges and hairs tied up in Doughnut bun/french roll.
2. Coral dress with gold cuff , belt and gold gladiators with messy fish tail ;)

I Would choose the above options.. anyways best of luck :)

anusha August 18, 2013 at 10:20 pm

i think u should go with white lace dress…its so classy :)…

mehak August 18, 2013 at 11:04 pm

Thanks for all the suggestions girls.keep em coming!

Ayesha August 18, 2013 at 11:12 pm

definitely the white dress. the cut out back makes it the best one to wear at a fashion week.ultra elegant with a kick!

Bharathi August 18, 2013 at 11:15 pm

Option 1: White dress – Classy and pretty !:)
Option 2 : Coral dress – vibrant and trendy with golden accessories !

Nimisha Goel August 18, 2013 at 11:21 pm

Navy blue jumpsuit.. classy and at the same time not trying too hard!!

Stuti August 18, 2013 at 11:36 pm

Zara white dress for the first day and the Mango for the second!

Jumpsuits won’t be comfortable enough, especially for an all day event where you will need to pee. :P

Btw, for the right bra with the Zara white dress – Enamor has a couple of no back and transparent back bras. Not too expensive, in the 600 range. Works perfectly with really low cut clothes, trust me! :)

Bhavna Singh August 18, 2013 at 11:43 pm

I love all your outfits but my heart is totally over that color blocker indo western outfit! I want it in my life.! Where did u buy it from?? U should def wear dt for atleast one the events during the fashion week. With those stylish cuts and color blocking feature i feel like that outfit is made to be worn at a fashion event. It’s totally a hatke piece! How about pairing it up with cigarette pants?

Preeti Kaur August 19, 2013 at 12:59 am

It has to be Mango Coral one. It will so complement your height :)

Preeti Kaur recently posted.. Jovees Ayurveda Anti Blemish Pigmentation Face Mask Review

Swati August 19, 2013 at 1:16 am

Zara White Dress!!! Definitely! It is so beautiful and classy! And the low back is wow!
And the mango one for backup/next day.

avee August 19, 2013 at 1:28 am

first ,wear the coral dress i am sure it will look wonderful for your height. second,the white lace dress or the indo western outfit!!

coralcrue August 19, 2013 at 2:06 am

White lace dress is gorg. And so is the jumpsuit. Finally, where what you like on D Day so that you feel awesome :)

coralcrue August 19, 2013 at 2:06 am

White lace dress is gorg. And so is the jumpsuit. Finally, wear what you like on D Day so that you feel awesome :)

Nishu August 19, 2013 at 3:21 am

Option 1 lace dress is a stunner! and that indo-western blue tunic..can that be worn without tights? too sheer?

Neetu August 19, 2013 at 7:37 am

For some reason, I feel the white lace dress going with navy blue heels/pumps?

Abhilasha August 19, 2013 at 8:40 am

oh super…I can totally understand the excitement :)
I think ill be there on 24th sat…let me know if youd like to meet up :)
BTW love the indowestern look n the colours..

mukta August 19, 2013 at 8:48 am

I think blue jumpsuit is a really good option and that length will make you look really good. Pair it with golden accessories and done ! Comfortable chic and fashionable !

xuvious August 19, 2013 at 9:50 am

Jumpsuit definitely! It will look really nice with a bright blazer ^_^

Ankita August 19, 2013 at 9:59 am

How about using your youngsters dress??

Sana August 19, 2013 at 10:00 am

White Lace Dress ..

Gargi Sinha August 19, 2013 at 10:51 am

Coral necktie dress

Sonam August 19, 2013 at 11:07 am

white dress to suit the occasion…classy, stylish and elegant!!!

sakhi August 19, 2013 at 11:18 am

White Lace dress

Gagan August 19, 2013 at 11:27 am

The white lace dress is very elegant. Cant go wrong with it anywhere!!

The indo western is so lovely.. maybe pair it with gold/silver/metallic inners? with gold slippers?

I love the length of the jumpsuit actually.. but if worn with nice stilettos. If you’re wearing flats, then forego the jumpsuit, the length can look slightly too casual.

shayonee August 19, 2013 at 12:03 pm

Voting for the white lace dress.

You can consider pairing it with a bright colored blazer, a neutral skinny belt and keep other accessories minimal.

You can also pair it up with a red skinny belt and red lips. Classy and chic!

You can consider wearing kitten heels. They are comfy and fit the bill. or maybe wedges? But in my opinion, espadrilles look too casual- very lazy Sunday brunch like.

PS- doing this in the middle of work- ze blog is so addictive!

Revathy HnB August 19, 2013 at 12:41 pm

i love all of ur outfits…. the white lace dress wud be apt to add the oomph factor at the FW yet keep it subtle…. the indo-western outfit is gonna be kickass stuff with the bright choice of colors :D

Shikha August 19, 2013 at 1:30 pm

pretty outfits.. I like that Indo-western and first dress :)

Somya August 19, 2013 at 2:04 pm

Mehak..u hav got so any awesome options..god all the dresses are absolutely beautiful..wat a stunning collection u have almost all designer pieces looks was really hard to go for one so i hav to choose white dress coz of its sexy back:)

p.s. u are inspiration to all normal girls ( by normal i mean girls can totally relate to you..atleast i can:) )

Fani August 19, 2013 at 2:09 pm

please wear Option 1… the white lace dress with some bold neckpiece.

sahana August 19, 2013 at 3:08 pm

ummm, option-4 hands down. Its in between dressy and casual. So its perfect. And the color! Love those colors for monsoon.

Pooja August 19, 2013 at 3:18 pm

White lacy dress and The Blue indo-Western dress. Both are ultra glam and chic, and best of all, will brighten up your already glowy complexion! And I look forward to see the pics.

Pooja August 19, 2013 at 3:20 pm

btw, that mirror behind sofa looks super cool! The wall behind sofa in my newly done house is emply, and your mirror gives me some inspiration!

shami August 19, 2013 at 5:40 pm

Voted for Option 1 and 2, would love to see you in white dress :)

Princess Butter August 19, 2013 at 8:34 pm

For the backless dress, you need the silicon shaper cups. I have no idea where you could get those in India. Try ebay. Transparent straps dont really look good.

mehak August 19, 2013 at 10:56 pm

you get them in !

Princess Butter August 21, 2013 at 10:35 pm

Oooooh…. Interesting! I can suggest that site to my engaged friends who are looking at pretty cholis with a ‘what the hell do i wear inside this’ look….

R August 19, 2013 at 8:53 pm

voted fr the white lace dress.. team it up with red lips n red ballerinas.. n ur hair tied in a messy braid or somethn like tat..

Supria August 19, 2013 at 10:07 pm

Mehak, definitely the zara lace dress! it will look very chic n I am sure u can sort some undies out for it ;)

Pls not the neon pants… pls!

mehak August 19, 2013 at 10:56 pm

Haha thats what my husband said..pls not those!

Sunayana August 20, 2013 at 12:09 am

My personal pick is the white dress with a neon or blingy belt! I have the same Zara neon pants and teamed them with a black tank under a black blazer and a chunky necklace! Totally rocked a lunch with a client!

shalini August 20, 2013 at 10:07 am

Anything except the Neon pants…they are too casual!! Also the indo western dress would be the last choice among the rest.

I would vote for Coral Dress and the white dress….:-)

Elle August 20, 2013 at 11:28 am

Hello from New Zealand! Yep! Yours is one of the first blog I check out when I wake up in the morning!

I popped in to say that (in my opinion) if you are wearing the white lace dress, you should do something sleek and gorgeous with your hair. Probably put it up so that your sexy back is there for all to see? Will you have time to pop into a salon and get your hair fixed? I know that a salon might sound over the top but it is not everyday that you get to be the Official Fashion Blogger at a Fashion Week, right?

Great blog and so inventive with all the different features you keep adding every now and then! :)

Priya January 27, 2014 at 8:56 pm

Hi all!!
More hawt trends like above on love n urban… Pic ur outfit and get it delivered straight from london… Love n urban… Awsm clothes!!