Its D -Day . You are done with the morning function where you cried a bucket full of tears (or in my case cried just a little bit and was told by everyone that i look ‘too happy’for the Chura function), and now you are gearing up for the big one. The main event itself !! There are about a
million gazillion things running through your head, and things seem to just be happening in one big daze. People are scurrying around here and there, coming to check on you telling you to start hair and makeup, worrying about decor and its this out of body- surreal feeling. You know those amusement park rides which take you to the top and then just let you fall straight down. Funnily enough, thats kind of how you feel on the day of the wedding . But worry not, while you may be in a daze, this ultimate bridal checklist will help you make sure you are on top of everything.
2 Hours Before Hair & Makeup Starts
- Have you messaged Your Makeup Artist to Confirm the time you expect her and where you expect her? Any accessories you need her to bring? Also ask her if she wants you to wash your hair. Mine told me she specifically didnt want freshly washed hair
- Has someone called the Groom to ask how things stand at his end in terms of timing? When is the time you should expect the Baraat?
- Has your ‘Girl to Bride Bag‘ Been Packed? What is your ‘Girl to Bride Bag’ you say? Well its a list of things you need to take to the parlour to get ready . This is what you need to check it has
- Your Jewellery
- Your Lehenga (Skirt, Blouse and Dupatta please. I know a bride who forgot her blouse at home)
- Your shoes
- Hair Pins
- Double Sided Tape (For those of you wearing slightly low cut blouses)
- Safety Pins
- Cotton Buds (Optional- they help in Makeup removal)
- Tick Tock Clips- These help to put your hair out of your face
- Your Bridal Accessories- HaathPhool, Pajeb, Nose Pin, Maang Tikka
- Straws (Yes Straws- when there is lipstick on your face and you want water , this is what will help)
- Mini Bisleri Bottle or Better Yet Tang or Red Bull or some energy related drink
- Vaseline (This is just me, but whatever you fav lip balm is)
- Your makeup kit (You need to carry a small kit just incase your MUA’s product doesnt work on you). Take one foundation, kajal, lipstick and blush.\
- Makeup Remover
- Reference pic you want to show your makeup artist?
- Snack-Chocolate Bars, Energy Bars, Nuts, Khakra, Anything you can munch on
- Umbrella – It could rain on the way to the parlour!
- Money (You should always carry some money!)
- Phone and Phone Charger (The last thing you want is your battery dying when you have to coordinate stuff)
- Perfume Bottle ! (I forgot to carry one)
- Has you ‘Bride to Wife‘ Bag Been Packed?What is your ‘Bride to Wife Bag’ you say? Well its all the things you need as an overnight bag in your hotel or wherever your first night is going to be (If its at the boys house im assuming you have already shifted your stuff day so probably dont need it) . This is what you need to check it has:
- Night Suit
- Change for the Next Day-I wore something Indo-Western
- Makeup Remover (SO IMPORTANT!!! You return looking like a wicked witch and you need this- highly recommend Mac Makeup Remover – the purple bottle one )
- Sanitary Stuff- Toothpaste, Shampoo, Conditioner , Combs etc etc.
- Change in Shoes- you wont wear the same ones the next day.
- Night Creams and all those lotions and potions
- Your Makeup Kit and daily essentials
- Are you wearing a front open top? This is important! When your hair/makeup is done you dont want to pull up your t shirt over your head. Or best- wear your blouse when your hair and makeup starts.
- Have you assigned someone to be your personal helper yet? She will be the one who needs to ensure your Bride to Wife bag gets into the Vidaai car and that you are well fed, and giving you sign language about how the makeup is going, You cant really insult the MUA on her face can you?
- Is someone working on your Entrance Song CD- one of your brothers should take responsibility.
- You know which driver and which car is going to take you from the parlour to the wedding ? You need one assigned to you .
- You know how to get into the wedding venue without being seen by the Grooms family (for your big entrance)
Half Way Into Makeup
- Have someone Check with the groom about the status and expected time of Baraat
- Have someone Check with the DJ about your Entrance Song – he has recieved it right?
- Check with your mum and dad to see they havent broken out into a bucket full of tears like little kids. Indian Parents- You love em, but they are a funny lot.
- Check with your Brothers to see if the Phoolon ki Chaadar or whatever it is you are walking under is in process of being made.
- Get some nice behind the scenes shots with your Photographer
- Pee ! Im serious- going to pee with that lehenga is torture ! Make sure you have used the loo for whatever needs to be done before.
- Test the Dupatta on your head. The minute the MUA put the dupatta on my head, my head was literally hurled back. I suggest you stand up with the dupatta to check if you can take the weight of it – I made this mistake. While sitting, i didnt realise how heavy it was and at my ceremony, i had to STAND. Aweful- i was scowling and uncomfortable throughout!
Post Hair and Makeup
- Send a message to the Groom saying “Baby, Here we gooo!” . Ok no. This is not important.
- Click a photo, See if you want something changed.
- Relaxxx !! Wait till you hear the horns of the baraat and spend some time with your sisters and friends! Its going to be one tiring , fun and unforgettable day ahead. Make sure you capture these moments with your photographer as well!
For more Useful Bridal Posts, dont forget to check out the Bridal Blog Section of Peaches & Blush -HERE
If you are a bride to be, dont forget to check our our wedding shopping service- Brides by P&B
*Psst: Do add more checklist items i may have missed!
At the Salon!!
Who will be married next?
I dont want to scare you or anything, but thats HALF the number of pins that came out of my hair and yes that much fake hair was used on my wedding.
I re-wore my lehenga for the first KC !
Subscribe Updates, Its FREE!