The Bridal Files (SIL Edition) : 4 Months to Go

by mehak on September 21, 2013

in Bridal Blog, Bridal files countdown

Incase you are new to P&B, you may want to first read the Bridal Files in Sequence to know what this is  all about:

1. Bridal Files 6 Months to Go

2. Bridal Files 5 Months to Go

3. Bridal Files 4 Months to Go

4.Bridal Files 3 Months to Go

5.Bridal Files 1 Month to Go

6. Bridal Files 5 Days to Go

7. The Youngsters

8.The Mehendi

9.The Engagement

10.The Wedding

11. One Year on….

12. The Bridal Files (SIl Edition ): 6 Months to go

13. The Bridal Files (SIL Edition) : 5 Months to go

The Wedding Lehenga is ORDERED !!!

So Remember the complete fail of Wedding shopping in Hyderabad in the previous post ? Phase two of searching for Bridal lehengas took place in Mumbai, which is where my SIL currently stays and she hit jackpot !  Now a lot of the boys family is in Mumbai and wedding shopping in Mumbai, is an event in itself . My SIL, My MIL, My MIL’s Sister, Me all headed to Mumbai for mission wedding lehenga- fully prepared to slog it out over a 3 day period. Its a tough job, but hey someones got to do it !

After recommending a few stores I knew she would like, my SIL headed to two designers whom i think are MUST visits if you are looking for light, breathable outfits in Mumbai.

The first ones are Chamee & Palak- this designer duo makes some gorgeous, light, vibrant lehengas and at affordable prices. Soft Pinks, Saturated Oranges, Pastel Blues , Lime Greens…My SIL chose a beautiful shaded peachy orange color for her morning wedding with intricate Gold work  and they customised it and made it lighter to suit the morning event.  She didnt want to spend more than 60-70k on her lehenga and Chamee & Palak definitely made it well within budget ! She didnt even go to any other place once she liked the piece. Just like, pay, order. done. SO UNLIKE ME ! What did we need 3 days for? This took just 3 hours !

The second Bridal wear  designer to visit in Mumbai is Sanshe. Again, customised, unique Bridal Wear with a modern , lighter feel. I feel like Delhi infact needs someone like Sanshe & Chamee &Palak. We have the entire Royal, opulent Bridal look going but there are fewer designers catering to modern, simple brides who just want to have fun. Designers who make light, breathable Wedding lehengas. Know of  any? Give them a shout out in the comments below.

The Makeup Artist is Booked !

After searching and researching, and hours of us pondering over who to go with (Remember  my own nightmares in  finding a makeup artist in Hyderabad), we finally booked Tamanna Rooz! If you are from Hyderabad, you may want to tune in to this post- Bridal MUA in Hyderabad to get a lowdown on whose good! The SIL went for trials at Juice and a couple of other salons and suffered the same fate that i suffered in my trials, so i am relieved we found Tamanna this time and kind of annoyed that we didnt find her for my own wedding.

Now all that is left to do is pick rings, a mehendi artist, a photographer and we are sorted folks !!! The other rather critical decision we need to make without which my SIL’s wedding cannot proceed further is …..

What am i wearing???

That is the question.  For the wedding, since its a day event i want to wear something like an anarkali in a pastelish sort of color. Or i want just a flowy outfit with Pallazo’s or a sharara – or maybe just a lehenga? Im totally confused. I know im wearing a trousseau sari for the reception (My mom will murder me if i dont use them soon) but any ideas for wedding guys?

According to my mum, i should get something similar to the Tarun Anarkali on the left done in a soft pink or coral. I do love the neckline and silhouette, im just not sure its special enough.

You know what i want to wear? Some of those gorgeous kind of flowy outfits that Pakistani brides wear…

Something flowy like this, but obviously not even 1/4th as heavy!

Another Pakistani Silhouette i like !

Anarkali-Lehengas are now done to death so i dont want to do that. Hmm..maybe just a modern lehenga like this Ridhi Mehra one …

19eba67f181f981e40cf663492e0b31a

Shivi@COSMOCHICS September 21, 2013 at 8:35 pm

I loveeeeee Chamee & Palak designs!!!!
Simple yet elegantly they produce such work which is a blessing!!! Checking out Sanshe now:)
Go for a Lehenga for the wedding:)
{at least you don’t have to bother about sari pleats ( like me which was a disaster during my SIL’s wedding, as i had no time enjoying and had to run from morning to evening and then again late night time for PHERa’s …lol)}
Have super fun wedding preparations!

Shivi@COSMOCHICS September 21, 2013 at 10:42 pm

Hi Mehak Just a quick question….cannot find Sanshe on facebook , do they have an official facebook page like that of Chamee & Palak !
Thanks:)

Ashima September 21, 2013 at 11:36 pm

Their page on Facebook is saa.n.she!

Shivi@COSMOCHICS September 22, 2013 at 11:46 am

Thanks Ashima!

Hetal November 12, 2013 at 1:49 pm

Hey… is there a link to Saanshe which you can put up here?

thanks

bharathi September 21, 2013 at 8:36 pm

Mehak !!

Ridhi Mehra Lehenga – Class apart :)
and Unlike most of the girl (includes me :P).. Khushi is this quick shopper.. I can’t wait to see her impatience on the stage at the reception …most awaited wedding for Me !

But I am sure she’ll look like a princess cuz Chamee and Palak make awesome stuff !

Sonal September 21, 2013 at 9:35 pm

Hi Mehak,

Chamee and Palak are awesome, I ordered my Sangeet lehenga with them. Do you know how to reach Sanshe?

Thanks.

Ashima September 21, 2013 at 10:27 pm

The Riddhi mehra lehnga looks absolutely amazing! Even the color looks so royal!

Preeti Kaur September 21, 2013 at 10:30 pm

My vote also goes to Riddhi Mehra :)

Preeti Kaur recently posted.. Lux Scarlet Blossom Body Wash Review

Swati September 22, 2013 at 12:01 am

Loved the 2nd Pakistani silhouette and the Riddhi Mehra too! Either will look fabulous :)

Supria September 22, 2013 at 2:02 am

Definitely the modern lehenga… So classy!

Shikha September 22, 2013 at 9:29 am

I would suggest to go Delhi wala way. You are brides Bhabhi and important role to play and seek much deserve attention :) Also its only 1 yr of your wedding and you could afford to look blingy too.
Go for a lehenga which will be easy to carry and you could run around too managing work.
I am sure many of your cousins, close friends will be wearing modern saris and lehenga so you don’t want to be lost in crowd. Keep such moder lehenga/anarkali for friends and cousins wedding

Marathi Weddings September 22, 2013 at 9:29 am

Riddhi Mehra Lehenga was love at first sight for me!!! Its so classy.. Go for it!!

kiransingh September 22, 2013 at 1:32 pm

Riddhi Mehra Lehenga was too good :)

sindhu gupta September 22, 2013 at 4:36 pm

Hey Mehak, im currently in Hyderabad. And I know an amazing photographer and the kind of photographer your SIL might like(as you mentioned she is quite modern), Rebecca Aishwarya. Love her couple potraits. Her fb page- https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rebecca-Aishwarya-Photography/182708695200073
I dunno her charges,but have seen her work personally and loved it!

Sonia September 22, 2013 at 11:25 pm

I have ordered my wedding lehenga with Chamee and Palak and am waiting for it to get ready..their work is always so gorgeous..can’t wait for my special piece!

Mrinalini September 23, 2013 at 10:10 am

Its awesome that you guys came to Bombay to shop! All of us here want to go shop in Delhi & Cal cos those are supposed to be the 2 best places for all things Indian wedding!!
C&P are pretty good! Even Jade (though almost as exp as Sabya) is lovely! I got my Mehendi Lehenga from Masaba and I love it!
Another person is Neha Mehra. She made my MkC outfit and sister’s outfit too. and they both were stunning. she’s awesome, affordable and her stuff is very wearable! You can find her on facebook.

Hetal November 12, 2013 at 1:50 pm

Hey, is there link / website where i can check Neha Mehra’s details? thanks

Rishika September 24, 2013 at 9:05 pm
saumya September 27, 2013 at 12:21 am

Hi Mehak,

I have been following your blog religiously and seems like i am addictesd to it. Thank you for being so generous in expressing yourself. It seems we are all in the same boat.

I live in delhi but would be getting married in varanasi. Any idea about good photographers and mua from varanasi or lucknow? Thanks in advance!!

Tanvi Taneja October 1, 2013 at 6:44 pm

I love the Ridhi Mehra..but wouldn’t suggest it for you for your SIL’s wedding. You’re the bhabhi, this is too simplistic. Maybe go for the lehenga and get a heavier blouse with it??
I really like the Tarun Anarkali as well but I agree, not special enough.How about one of those Harpreet Rimple style floor length Anarkalis..with the resham threadwork. I’ve taken one for my sagan and it’s oh so pretty. :D

And I lovee the first Pakistani style..if you do manage to get something like that made, let me know from where please.