Beauty Fixes The Morning After A Late Night?

by mehak on October 14, 2013

in Beauty Banter, Features

So yesterday was my friends wedding, and after partying till 4:00 am, im supposed to head to work today. Sigh. My question is- what do you girls do when the previous night has had a toll on your face? You wake up puffy faced, with dark circles, a hoarse voice and looking like death!

Do you tend to use concealer to hide your dark circles , or do you just let it be..slather on some moisturizer  , kajal and lipbalm and head out??? Do you use cucumbers and stuff to freshen up your eyes? I somehow dont like to use concealer when my dark circles are this bad- because it tends to n make it worse . Or maybe im just not using the right shade (because when my dark circles get very dark, my regular concealer starts looking light if that makes sense)..

I do remember seeing a Lisa Elridge video in which she transforms her super exhausted face to a super refreshed one by ¬†using a light reflecting concealer and lilac eyeshadow… Whats your fix?

manisha October 14, 2013 at 2:01 pm

ice pack for eyes is a quick fix and for make up u can try a cream or golden eye pencil with some bright lip colour

mehak October 14, 2013 at 6:19 pm

cream ye pencil is actually a brilliant idea

Supria October 14, 2013 at 2:14 pm

I totally get what you mean… When my dark circles are worse I skip concealer, I find it makes it more obvious than it already is! I use my cleanser and leave it on a bit longer, like a mask just to freshen skin a bit more and slather loads of moisturiser.

Shikha October 14, 2013 at 2:53 pm

Splash lots of water ans some ice cubes, helps is reducing puffy eyes after all night jagran. Then just a kajal to make dull eyes look little better

Anams October 14, 2013 at 2:58 pm

My fix: Call in sick and go to bed. :)

mehak October 14, 2013 at 6:18 pm

Haha best fix ever!

xuvious October 14, 2013 at 4:19 pm

I get the exact will-not-vanish dark circles. I use a heavy corrector and concealer combo for that. But also a lighter eye shadow helps look more awake. I have very deepset eyes, so using eyeliner on my lower lash line can make me look tired at times, I skip that too.

Preeti Kaur October 14, 2013 at 4:29 pm

Concealer comes to my rescue :)

Preeti Kaur recently posted.. Maybelline Cheeky Glow Blush in Fresh Coral Review

Swati October 14, 2013 at 4:59 pm

I mostly just let it be, rub some ice and head out with kajal, lipbalm and curled eyelashes with mascara. Curling the lashes makes my tired eyes look a lot better.

tiny October 14, 2013 at 5:15 pm

I have the same prob Mehak and all I do is one elaborate(self-indulging kind of) bath and go out with zero makeup..just lip balm.

Keerthi October 14, 2013 at 6:18 pm

Kajal and a brightening lipstick, always does the trick…also, try a moisturizer with calamine, itll soothe your tired skin and plump it up :)

Ankita Singh October 14, 2013 at 6:58 pm

I don’t think concealer should be used when situations are this bad, it only makes things worse.
My MBA night outs were handled by splashing my face with very cold water, somehow ice makes my eyes puffier! Then I apply Lacto calamine, my HG skin care product. Since I normally don’t wear make-up, I apply a thick line of kajal, some mascara and my tinted maybelline baby lips and go out :)

Rima Kaur October 14, 2013 at 9:13 pm

What I feel is that when one has to to head to work after such a long night of partying, it’s best to take the least amount of time to get ready. What’s the point stressing out further when one is already sleep deprived! It’s alright to look tired for once. Now if one has to get ready for an important meeting/another function, that would be a entirely different story!

Heena October 14, 2013 at 10:09 pm

To Cover Heavy Dark Circles, An Orange Corrector Is a Must Before Using Your Regular Concealer Otherwise The Concealer Looks Ashy.. As You Said White :)

Personally, When I Know My Skin (Acne Skin!) Hasn’t Breathed For More Than 12 Hours, I Don’t Care and I Head Out With Naked Skin, Just Eyeliner and Tinted Lip Balm. I Just Apply Ice and Eye Cream Before

Lilac Eyeshadows As You Said.. Light and Neutral Eyeshadows Always Add a Youth Factor :)

Heena October 14, 2013 at 10:11 pm

*Ice On Face Leaving Eyes

Krithi October 15, 2013 at 3:47 pm

This is what I do ,may not be best solution but i feel good ;)
I pamper my face a lot with good scrub and good mask ….drink lot of water and hydrate my self.
Brighten your eyes with nice brown eye liner ….d
also its better not to apply anything to compensate everything from prev night ;)
apply bright lipstick to take away the attention from eyes to lips ;)…to brighten your face

Riya October 15, 2013 at 5:56 pm

Besan, rose water, milk scrub to remove all signs of makeup.. .. cold water…moisturiser..bright lippie…ur smile!

mounica October 17, 2013 at 8:34 pm

I use Giorgio Armani Master Corrector #2 Orange for horrible dark circles. Once you color correct it, its a lot easier to use a concealer on it – it doesnt look grayish or bad concealer job if you know what I mean. The rest – I use my skinceuticals hyaluronic acid serum so my face is kinda plumped up by the morning. But nothing can replace a good night’s sleep. Nothing ! :(