The Best Bridal Makeup Artists in Mumbai : Top 10

by mehak on October 22, 2013

in Bridal Blog, Bridal Makeup, Bridal Makeup Artist Mumbai

So I scouted Delhi for the best ones and gave you my top list over here – Bridal Makeup Artists in Delhi. Then we turned to Hyderabad as my Sister in law was planning her wedding, and gave you our list there. We now move to Mumbai, where there seems to be precious little written about, considering what a big wedding destination that city is (also the city of my SIL’s reception!) ! A lot of these great makeup artists don’t seem to have Facebook pages or websites which made finding them super difficult, so I thank all you real brides from Mumbai who wrote in recommending them! I personally believe that Mumbai has some of the best makeup artists that India has to offer (maybe because its where the glamour industry is). But each of these names are people I would love to get my makeup done from!

Each of these makeup artists come recommended by Brides from Mumbai who have written in to us sharing their photos and experiences. You can view a consolidated list of all the Bridal Makeup Artists I personally recommend along with sample of their work on Wed Me Good.

For those who can pay about 30k and above for Bridal Makeup :-

Ojas Rajani

Ojas Rajani : Probably one of the best known names and definitely quite expensive but if you can afford it, hire Ojas Rajani for turning you into a super stunning diva on your wedding day. She is a makeup artist to Aishwarya Rai and I absolutely love how she keeps her brides looking bridal yet still fun. Some of our Real Brides have been done by Ojas Rajani, and each of them are unique (One even had a modern kitten flick for her wedding). Glowing fresh skin, with heavy dark eyes is her forte!

Price – 50,000

Amrita Sanghavi : If you want to look effortlessly beautiful with makeup that subtly enhances your features, she is the one you should go to. Two brides wrote in to me, almost up in arms about why Amrita was missing from our list. I looked at some of Amrita’s work and was definitely kicking myself for not having put her sooner. Gorgeous and glow-y, her brides look so put together. Also on dusky girls I have seen some makeup artists just ruin it, but Amrita’s brides (specially the duskier ones) look like Indian goddesses! She offers free trials, airbrush makeup services and also travels to the venue.

Price – 40,000

Meghna Bhutani : A name I came across when brides wrote in about her specifically, and after taking a look I know she does do a good job ! She says, “I don’t do typical bridal work but like to combine the bridal traditional look with a more contemporary one. I make sure the bride looks like herself on her wedding day as I do not believe she’ll look recognizable with layers of makeup”

Price – 30,000

For those who can pay about 20k for Bridal Makeup :-

Fatima Soomar

Fatima Soomar : I’ve seen a lot of her brides in person and they are lovely – simple, clean and beautiful. Her makeup style is girly, fresh and youthful ! She’s extremely talented and works to show off your best features. Fatima offers paid trials and also travels to the venue.

Price – 22,000

Kajol R Paswwan : Another well known name in the business, she has a huge number of positive reviews on Wedmegood which is always a good sign. She tries to understand her client’s thoughts and works to highlight their best features.

Price – 25,000

Recinda Martis : Another  name that has made a big mark in the Mumbai bridal makeup scene, but one that needs to be known even more. Definitely one of those talented makeup artists that make a bride look bridal without overdoing the makeup bit ! I absolutely adore her style, the subtle but polished base, the natural tones used and the lovely pops of coral that make her brides look contemporary but still innately Indian.

Price – 25,000

Maya Mehta

Maya R Mehta : Her makeup is subtle and polished without breaking the bank and she is a name you can count on for brides of various different cultures as well. She is so versatile in giving different kinds of looks. Huge fan of her work and once you take one look at her profile you will know why she made it to our list.

Price – 20,000

For those who can pay about 15k for Bridal makeup :-

wmg074

Into Candid Photography

Divya Shetty : A hugely talented makeup artist and one I absolutely recommend to everyone !! She is a great person to be around plus also does some of the most gorgeous, natural but effortlessly pretty makeup. Very current too – no dark maroon lipsticks here ! She is also one of the rare ones who doesn’t double her rates for outstation travel !

Price – 18,000

Aditi Mehra : For the price she charges, Aditi is a superstar ! She understands that new-age brides don’t want over the top makeup looks and successfully adds glow to the skin without going overboard.

Price – 16,000

Shamita Gogia : She believes in the adage – Less is more when it comes to makeup and tries her best to use eco-friendly and cruelty free products as far as possible. LOVE. Totally Recommend. Take a look at her brides and you’ll know what I’m talking about.

Price – 18,000

Do you know or recommend some other makeup artists in Mumbai ?  Comment below.

Ashima October 22, 2013 at 1:10 pm

Thank you so much Mehak for this much needed post! :) These are definitely the best names in Bombay! I have also been doing crazy research since the last few days and for the benefit of all your readers here are contact details of Maya and Fatima.
Maya – +91 98201 86665
Fatima – fatimasoomar@hotmail.com/+91 99306 11766

Ashima October 22, 2013 at 1:12 pm

And Recinda’s contact details are recinda15@gmail.com/+91 9867249229

mehak October 22, 2013 at 1:57 pm

LIFE SAVer !

Aust October 22, 2013 at 2:18 pm

Hey Mehak

Great post and very informative! Will you be covering other cities in this series too? I’m specifically looking for Chandigarh as I am gonna get married there in 2014

mehak October 22, 2013 at 2:24 pm

Hi Aust,
Yes planning to!

mily jain October 22, 2013 at 2:20 pm

can you do something like this for ahmedabad or jodhpur mehak? or some makeup artists who travel to the wedding destination if paid for travelling?

Ashima October 22, 2013 at 3:01 pm

There are some more names I would recommend for brides in Bombay. They all have Facebook pages and are quite prompt in responding.
Jharna Shah – You can look up her work on Facebook. She has her own studio in Juhu and travels to the location also! She is quite affordable and her make up style is also subtle and natural
Amrita Sanghavi – She is one of the most popular bridal makeup artist in Bombay and her work often gets featured on Wedding Sutra. Her rates are slightly on the higher side but she will definitely make you look like a princess on your D Day.
Cherag Bambboat – He is a celebrity makeup artist and his work is absolutely fantastic. He is extremely popular with the South Bombay brides and is also on the higher side in terms of pricing. But I would definitely recommend him if someone is looking for subtle and elegant make up. His make up is like MAGIC!

Shikha October 22, 2013 at 5:31 pm

Hello,

Does anyone know how much Ojas Rajani charges for bridal makeup?

Thankyou
Shikha

Nisha October 23, 2013 at 1:01 am

25k per function!

M October 22, 2013 at 7:46 pm

I live nowhere near Mumbai but the names Priya Todarwal and Recinda Martis are quite familiar to me…I’ve seen a lot of their their work in magazines!

R October 22, 2013 at 10:52 pm

please come up with a ist for pune too mehak. i will be getting married there coming february and any help with the make up artist would be appreciated.. thank u fot this detailed post :)

Maha October 23, 2013 at 12:09 am

Hi Mehak,

Great post… I would love to give away deatails of best makeup artists from Kerala too. It will be a help for brides of Kerala because they are extremely richer while in weddings with lots of stuffs.

Niyati Desai October 23, 2013 at 9:18 am

Ojas is worth recommending! Have tried and seen his work. Also another dekho is Malika Bhat. Typically, these guys need to be booked a year in advance.

Mrinalini October 23, 2013 at 11:01 am

Sunita Divecha. She’s been around for many years with Cory. She did my reception make up. Was brilliant! I was totally pinned and ready in under 2 hours and she was like a Mother hen..did everything, right now to helping wear my strappy heels!

Bhavna Singh October 30, 2013 at 8:13 pm

Can u plz share contact details :)! Thanks.

MissBoPeep October 23, 2013 at 12:15 pm

You must feature Gitika Rohra in this list. She has a Makeup Academy too.

Bhavna Singh October 30, 2013 at 8:12 pm

Can u plz mention her phne no? Thanks! I am looking for a make up artist in mumbai for my reception makeup.

Jigisha October 23, 2013 at 8:04 pm

Neeraj navare is good.. V natural and v fresh look.

Shikha October 24, 2013 at 9:45 pm

I’v also heard Bharat & Dorris are amazing too.

shelly October 28, 2013 at 11:00 am

hey mehak
awesome…can someone please tell me some good bridal makeup artists in gurgaon?

richa October 28, 2013 at 11:05 am

hey mehak..cng ur research and i kno its really helpful for the brides in mumbai buh me the soon to be bride in jaipur ..so do lemme know the make up artists in jaipur :-/..although i have visited lakme and vlcc through recommendations frends and family buh confused who to go for o.O o.O !!..be my saviour and lemme knw the make up artist in Jaipur and also if i go among dese then who is the best one!!…:) :-D

mehak October 28, 2013 at 12:00 pm

Im working on the jaipur post richa…suggestions are welcome

Aakanksha October 30, 2013 at 5:12 pm

Hi Richa,

Would you please share your experience at vlcc and lakme at jaipur? I am getting married in feb 13 and in the same dilemma. Hopefully Mehak’s post will arrive in time and save us but i am visiting jaipur in the next few weeks to finalise the mua.

Thanks,

Shikha October 28, 2013 at 3:49 pm

Jaipur is a tough one!
The only MUA I’v read or heard about is Jassi Chhabra in Jaipur. She also runs a salon named Shades a skin & hair care.

FP page: https://www.facebook.com/jassi.chhabra.3

Until Mahek dusn’t come up with a bridal 101 Jaipur, all brides getting married there will have to take along mua’s from other cities. :P

PS: Im in d same rut..will be getting married next year in march in Delhi or Jaipur. Sigh :-/

Aarti December 19, 2013 at 1:44 pm

Nisha Soni is a makeup artist based in Mumbai but she did my wedding in Jaipur, she is excellent in her work , she also does makeup for celebrities, you can find her no and see her work on nishasoni.com

Sanjana April 17, 2014 at 2:40 pm

Hey, my wedding was in Mumbai in January and my makeup, hair and draping was done by makeup artist Alpa Panchamiya.. She gave me very natural and subtle look. Her no is 9920467341.

supriya May 21, 2014 at 6:44 pm

Can anyone suggest a good makeup artist in Bhopal? a really good one

Purva June 17, 2014 at 11:28 am

Can someone get me contact number of Dilshad Ukaji

Fais September 16, 2014 at 4:33 pm

Hey Mehak,

pls have a look here: http://www.zubairshaikh.net

Zubair Shaikh is one of the top 10 bridal makeup artists in Mumbai.

Thanks,
Fais

pravajya May 14, 2015 at 11:30 pm

could you please suggest some good make-up artists within the 15k mark… that would be great.thank you.

Nisha Choksi June 1, 2015 at 12:49 am

For the best bridal makeup and hair in Mumbai, get in touch with Nisha Choksi bridal artist and be sure to add a touch of panache and elegance in your look.

Sonal Bisht September 8, 2015 at 1:12 pm

This list is a great help as at least the research is narrowed down..
I have tried Sohni juneja and she is really good. She ruined my makeup and hairstyle for the day. Thought she was sweet and patient. go to her if you can’t find anyone.Check her work also.https://www.facebook.com/pages/Freelance-Makeup-Artist-in-India-Sohni-Juneja/550322785027572

Anant Singhal September 18, 2015 at 7:25 pm

Hey Mehak, this is Anant here. Jharna Shah has been trained by Puneet. So cool to see her on this list. :)

urvi shah February 11, 2016 at 12:39 pm

hey,I am looking for a make up artist in mumbai for my reception makeup,could you please suggest some good make-up artists within the 15k mark

Niharika Sharma July 12, 2016 at 10:08 am

Hi, the list is great but most of these makeup artists are very expensive to hire. Can you please suggest me a bridal makeup artist for my wedding under 10K range? Any help would be much appreciated.