Breaking Norms: Tanishq’s New Ad !

by mehak on October 28, 2013

in Uncategorized

You wont usually find me talking about advertisements here on P&B  (We hardly watch TV in the Shahani house- all our addictions are online!) unless i find something ridiculously appalling on one and i cant help talking about it  ! This time though Tanishq replaced its cliched  jewellery ads with an advertisement that features a beautiful dusky bride who is remarrying, after having a daughter. Its rare to see a bridal jewellery brand feature remarriage and even rarer for a dusky girl to be featured as a bride (unless she is in some ridiculous fair and lovely ad in which she gets a ‘no brains in his head’ prince to sweep her off her feet after she becomes pale).

So kudos to Tanishq on not just breaking the norms but honestly for gorgeous styling !!!! I love the pale saree, i love that beautiful rubies and gold set, i love how that cream sherwani looks !

What did you think of this beautiful Tanishq ad?

Tanvi October 28, 2013 at 11:07 pm

So beautiful! … and touching. Thanks for sharing.

I think I might re-blog this. Wit credits of course. (:

Peachesandblush October 28, 2013 at 11:38 pm

no problemo!!!!

Maliha October 28, 2013 at 11:10 pm

I love that ad too and i specially love how they break the norms so effortlessly! Their ads are normally soo cheesy. Btw hate those fair and lovely ads lame as hell!! Why do people even buy that stuff :/

Palak Handa October 28, 2013 at 11:12 pm

India needs more of this type!

Xuvious October 29, 2013 at 12:43 am

I was so happy when I saw this. Most of these ads are so boring, it’s good to see brands taking a stand on important issues.

Shreya October 29, 2013 at 12:58 am

Thank you dear for posting this add ! Really touching and much needed change !

Bipasha October 29, 2013 at 5:17 am

Good to see hat they are breaking the supposed norms :), yeah I agree they don’t generally take dusky women in ads in India.

Taamra October 29, 2013 at 8:56 am

Excellent ad, and for once a touching and genuine one. It stands out among the other ones Im seeing on tv these days which seem insincere and pretty lame, aimed mostly on the jewelry. This one has so much emotion in it and the styling is just beautiful! Thanks for sharing on your blog, wouldn’t have known about it otherwise!

Divya Teja October 29, 2013 at 9:37 am

Really good ad, very bold move from Tanishq..

swathi October 29, 2013 at 9:43 am

Indeed Mehak..its such a beautiful ad…they have broken stereotypes with this one…boring to see the same old cliche of girl trying to be fair so that she can land a good dulha…

Mansi October 29, 2013 at 9:49 am

I think this add is really beautiful . Its good finally marketeers are understanding that the true indian beauty is not in being white but in the warmth of the skintone we have. when will we stop aping the west and start appreciating what we have here..Good intitative Tanishq
Also, its a welcome change to see men throw there egoistic and chauvinistic image and come out as more understanding and accepting.

Mansha Joshi October 29, 2013 at 12:24 pm

So happy to see finally India is finally evolving in terms of advertisements. I wish this could impact the Indian society in some way. Well, we all know there is a long way to go, but why not start now !!! Appreciate if more such ads come !!!

Shivi@COSMOCHICS October 29, 2013 at 1:42 pm

This is NEW INDIA…….this is “BETTER INDIA” !!!!
Amazing work Tanishq! :)

Clothes and Creativity October 29, 2013 at 2:42 pm

I don’t usually remember ads, but this one is path-breaking in more ways than one!

Frances October 30, 2013 at 7:07 pm

*sniff* *sniff*

I ain’t crying. Have those onion-cutting ninjas been in here again?

I swear, when he swung that little girl up into his arms……

That bang you just heard? That was my ovaries exploding.