Do You Religiously Remove Makeup Before Going to Bed?

by Mehak Shahani on October 1, 2013

in Uncategorized

bb copy

Umm. I get a bit lazy sometimes.

I got these AMAZING wipes from New York -they are called ‘Simple Makeup Removal’ Wipes and i usually dont go gaga over something as trivial as makeup removing wipes but these are so effective and handy. They remove literally anything and everything in one quick swish. Definitely a good thing to ask your relatives to get for you from the states- really cheap and surprisingly effective.

Supria October 1, 2013 at 12:33 am

I have started doing it every single night… I don’t use wipes, I have passed that stage… I now do the whole cleanse, tone, serum, moisturise… My skin has never looked this good :)

Bipasha October 1, 2013 at 12:34 am

Yeah I always do, I Mean I take a shower right after coming home so I take a makeup removing wipe, wipe my face ,wash face with a cleanser, shower etc. Even if I do not shower, if I do not wash my face and brush teeth, I cannot sleep like that. I Agree there are times where we feel very sick/tired etc but still I would wipe my face, the day’s grime,sweat etc would no let me sleep. :)

Preeti Kaur October 1, 2013 at 2:06 am

I remove makeup as soon as I reach home let alone before sleeping. I wont be able to do anything else unless I am in my pj’s, clean face and in glasses (no contacts at home). I am kinda obsessed with this too :P About those wipes, I have seen yt gurus raving about it too :)

Preeti Kaur recently posted.. Khadi Sweet Almond Oil Review

Bipasha October 1, 2013 at 3:52 am

Same here! :) I do not follow TM religiously but as soon as I come home, remove makeup, wash face ,shower etc and get in my comfy clothes. :)

rachna October 1, 2013 at 2:27 am

Earlier i was not but now I am religiously doing that…proper CTM:)

Kalyani October 1, 2013 at 2:51 am

I wish! that i was religious about it i mean…. but then on the other hand i convinve myself i soooooo rarely have full makeup on. Sounds nice about the wipes. Which brand – neutrogena?

Bipasha October 1, 2013 at 3:50 am

No, the brand is called simple skincare and she is referring to their Cleansing Facial Wipes
I think…I might be wrong.

meha October 1, 2013 at 6:23 am

i’m obsessed with skincare and hence, i religiously wash my face in the morning and at night before i go to bed. for make up removal, i’ve been using coconut oil (for eye make up) and bioderma for rest of the face followed by Shiseido Ibuki cleanser followed by Tarte maracuja oil. for make up cleansing cloth, i’m think neutrogena wipes are my holy grail product however i’ve heart lots about simple brand as well. will try them next.

Krithi October 1, 2013 at 8:08 am

Even i got these from US and I agree they are so so effective
the one you get in India arent this effective :(

Fiona Furtado October 1, 2013 at 8:28 am

‘Simple wipes’ are the much raved products in the USA. However I am loving the clinique take the day off balm a lot. It removes any kind of makeup in matter of 20-30 seconds leaving the skin squeaky cleAn. I also like Johnson baby wipes also!

Gayatri October 1, 2013 at 9:40 am

Omg!! Seeing so many girls actually following a routine about wiping off their make up before sleeping is making me think that I might be a man!!! :D On days, when I stay home.. I don’t even wash my face in the morning!!

mehak October 1, 2013 at 9:50 am

Haha dude im the same !!!!
I get lazy!

MissBoPeep October 1, 2013 at 10:21 am

Always!!! I never ever sleep with makeup on. Even if I am half dead or returning home at 4am. CTM is as essential as food.

V October 1, 2013 at 10:28 am

I’m sometimes too lazy.. but when i wake up the next morning I hate myself because my skin feels so bad!

tanvi taneja October 1, 2013 at 10:36 am

Wow..I think I’m one of the few lazy ones here. I’ve justt started washing my face at night. Too lazy I tell ya..
Mehak…or one of the readers, could u please help me out. Im buying my trousseau makeup n stuff and need a good ctm..which brand should I go for? I have super oily skin..
And alot of people say you should start using anti ageing and night creams when you turn that true? And if yes then could u recommend some?
Thanks love.

O and I recently tried mac face wipes and clinique eye makeup remover..loved both.

mehak October 1, 2013 at 11:20 am

CTM- clinique or neutorgena are what i swear by.
I use a night cream but its not anti ageing or anything ! Its the shiseido one and i love it but give the kiehls anti ageing range a try!

Tanvi Taneja October 1, 2013 at 5:36 pm

Alrightyy.. Thank you <3

rashmi krishna October 9, 2013 at 4:25 pm

Although expensive coz of the shipping, the Liz Earle cleaning system is brilliant and gentle on the skin. Ever since Sali Hughes of the Guardian raved about it, I started following the hot cloth cleansing method and love the results. Squeaky clean skin with all the gunk and dirt out. And it gets u relaxed and ready to hit the bed happy :D

Shikha October 1, 2013 at 11:05 am

As soon as I reach hope I wipe of all my makeup followed by a good face wash, at night before sleep just a night cream. Thats it..

Nidhi Pandey October 1, 2013 at 11:26 am

Yes I do :) Esp after I hit my 20th year (Its kind of psychological..that if I dont remove I’ll age fast :P ) I try oil cleansing when I ave heavy makeup on my face.. it makes your skin feel really good

Clothes and Creativity October 1, 2013 at 11:29 am

How I wish I could stick to a make-up removal routine every night! Although I try to clean my face before I sleep almost daily, sometimes I’m just too tired or lazy to do it. The product of my choice is Maybelline Make-Up Remover- it does a great job at wiping all the make-up off, however the only thing is that it feels slightly oily!

Nidhi Pandey October 1, 2013 at 11:37 am

Typo error.. I meant 30th year and not 20th :)

Jyoti October 1, 2013 at 12:04 pm

Always!! :) i never sleep without removing makeup and moisturizing my skin :)

Purva October 1, 2013 at 12:39 pm

I dont put heavy makeup everyday.. just kajal lipstick n sunscreen. . But I wash my face as soon as I reach home n then use forest essentials narangi n nagkesar ubtan mixed with milk.. the ubtan dries while I cook dinner or do some other chores.. n then wash it off.. my skin glows like never before with this routine

Nivedita October 1, 2013 at 12:52 pm

Simple products are very gentle and effective. I have used a few from the brand and loved it.
yes! I would rather not wear makeup than sleep with it on. Cleansing and brushing is a habit I can’t compromise with. I would meticulously remove every trace.

Ankita Singh October 1, 2013 at 2:19 pm

Always always always. Never used wipes, I somehow don’t get the satisfaction of a squeaky clean face with wipes. In fact I clean my face with a cotton bud soaked in rose water and almond oil every night – make up or no makeup. I swear by the powers of almond oil for removing make up as well as for skin care. If it feels too oily, I follow with face-wash else I sleep with the oil on, it’s great for skin!

sangeeta October 1, 2013 at 3:14 pm

Well this is something I am doing for the last one year except those days when I am down with my Migraine..

Kayennat October 2, 2013 at 12:49 am

I always remove all make up before bed no matter how tired I am :D CMT every night for me as well. I don’t believe in make up wipes as i find them very superficial on the skin and I would rather oil cleanse but to each their own :)

coralcrue October 2, 2013 at 1:48 pm

I use a lot of home made stuff to remove so it’s a tedious job but I always remove every ounce of makeup, or I try to, when I reach home and I know I have no visitors coming. I really wish there was just one swipe remedy like you just mentioned in your post. Wipes I have tried are not so effective here. These that you speak of sound amazing!

pinky October 2, 2013 at 3:07 pm

Always ,Never skipped it.Skin needs to breathe specially at night ,hence CTM is a must.

Tiny October 2, 2013 at 3:39 pm

All I use for removing my makeup is almond oil for eye liner and cleanser+scrub+face wash for the rest of the face. And when am tired all I could manage is wipe it off with some wet tissue.
BUt I think, I should be more careful !!