P&B Panel: BB Creams & Tinted Moisturizers !

by mehak on October 2, 2013

in The Panel

Pbpanel4-001 (1)

Those double letters you keep seeing are not your eyes playing you tricks…the words BB are coming out of freaking everywhere (and im not talking about lingerie stores) . BB Creams have officially taken over India and everyone has tried one (Me- iv tried 6!) . Lets catch up with the panel and see who loved what?

me

Iv tried the Maybelline BB Cream, the Garnier BB Cream, The Deborah BB Cream , the Revlon BB Cream and the Loccitane BB Cream. (I think that makes it almost all except Loreal- i wanna try that) Iv realised after trying all of these that BB Creams are not my thing – atleast not any of these above. If i had to pick one i would pick the Loccitane or Garnier one though.  I prefer my Loreal UV Perfect Even COmplexion Tinted Moisturizer as it adds a healthy glow and even though the coverage is low it is super hydrating!!! My skin really loves this stuff!

me4

Im wonderin what to answer here because i haven’t actually tried any BB Cream or tinted moisturizer. I do love the Lakme Face Magic Souffle though. It doesnt break me out and subtly evens out my skin.

I totally LOVE the Loreal true Match BB Cream . It literally makes my skin glow – it moisturizes as well as gives a good SPF 35 coverage ! Tinted Moisturizer- i use the Lotus Matt Finish 3-1 sunblock with SPF 40 so which is Perfect!

Pbpanel2-002

Okay lets face it if i WANTED to spend five hundred bucks on a product that just about covers my pimples for an hour, i would go bat sh*t crazy and buy all the Loreal, Deborah, Revlon BB Creams my eyes can spot. But ..i stick to Maybelline, and buy a cupcake instead.

Gowthami October 2, 2013 at 9:15 pm

I like maybelline one a lot though my skin feel good without BB creams.. and also I like tinted moisturizers a lot than BB’s!!

M October 2, 2013 at 9:21 pm

No one mentioned Pond’s ?!

V October 2, 2013 at 9:26 pm

I use the NARS tinted moisturiser in St. Moritz.. Barely any coverage but gives a nice dewy finish!

mehak October 2, 2013 at 10:53 pm

I tried that one..i even tried the urban decay naked bb cream and quite liked it!

V October 3, 2013 at 5:15 am

Which one is better? i need to pick up a new one and need a bit of coverage, the NARS one doesn’t give any.. I’ve heard so much about laura mercier – is that better than NARS (in terms of coverage)?

Dini L October 2, 2013 at 10:12 pm

Some non-beauty panel topics:
Haircare regimen
A Day in the Life (what everyone does in a typical day)
Daily workout or eating regimen

mehak October 2, 2013 at 10:39 pm

Thanks D, i was running out of ideas…we have done haircare before though!

rs October 3, 2013 at 12:06 am

Nice to know about the choice of BB creams and tinted moisturisers of the panel.In near future,please do a post on the normal everyday choice of moisturisers of the panel.

Ash October 3, 2013 at 12:56 am

The only Indian BB cream I like is the one by Ponds. But the original Korean BB creams really are fabulous. I use the Skin79 bb cream and my skin loves it.

coralcrue October 3, 2013 at 1:15 am

So far liking the Loreal and Pond’s BB. @Sanjana, lol, you sound like me :)))

Kayennat October 3, 2013 at 1:23 am

Don’t like BB Creams :D and as far as tinted moisturisers go hands down the best one I have used is the Nars Tinted Moisturiser. On the pricey side but worth every penny :)

ishika October 3, 2013 at 1:55 am

I use the Laura Mercier oil free Tinted Moisturizer in Twany and NARS Tinted Moisturizer in Cuba.
I hate the Laura Mercier i feel its very heavy . I like Nars it gives a nice dewy finish!

mehak October 3, 2013 at 11:48 am

I agree ..i got a sample from Sephora..i found it too heavy as well.

Preeti Kaur October 3, 2013 at 3:13 am

My vote goes to Ponds BB Cream :)

Preeti Kaur recently posted.. Olay Total Effects Foaming Cleanser Review

Poo@beautyandmakeupmatters October 3, 2013 at 6:37 am

I am yet to try the L’oreal one but so far liking the Lakme CC and garnier BB creams.. :)

Xuvious October 3, 2013 at 9:09 am

I don’t like bb creams much. High spf looks very ashy on me, I prefer tinted moisturizers.
But the Maybelline stick version is alright.

Deepa October 3, 2013 at 9:57 am

I prefer tinted moisturizers. I have used one from Nivea which behaves perfectly well in cooler climates but not in humid climates. Olay tinted moisturizer is also good.

Atreyee October 3, 2013 at 10:52 am

I love the Garnier one and it surely gives my skin that dewy look. apart from that, though it has been discontinued i really liked the ponds tinted moisturizer.

Nivedita October 3, 2013 at 11:07 am

Even after trying out a lot of BB Creams, I still don’t get the hoopla about it! Why would I want to spend a ton over something that doesn’t even cover up my acne scars?

Happy Locks October 3, 2013 at 11:10 am

Love reading your beauty panel posts. My skin tone and type is very close to that of Esha and I am always looking forward to such posts to find what’s she’s loving at the moment :)

xx

Happy Locks

Supria October 3, 2013 at 2:51 pm

I have tried only the Nivea tinted moisturiser and hated it coz it broke me out and made my face an oil pot!

I would love to try the Origins BB cream and the chantecaille just skin.

sreya October 3, 2013 at 3:18 pm

i liked the garnier bb cream :) i have sent some mails :) but dint receive a reply :(

twinkle October 4, 2013 at 10:59 am

Bodyshop Vitamin E BB Cream is the best :D . i have a dry skin , n it gives a dewy look and blends really well .

sahana October 4, 2013 at 12:33 pm

Though BB creams are such a rage these days, I really just think of them a tinted moisturizers. I mean, lets be honest, those stuff never really accomplish any of the things they promise to other than giving a slight coverage!

I have not tried even 1 BB cream till date, partially because, I have a SUPER sensitive skin which reacts to about anything, so I stick to my tried and tested products and partially because, I tend to invest in a good coverage foundations, they work better.

xx

Bipasha October 5, 2013 at 12:00 pm

Well I will give my opinion (even though nobody is asking! :p) I have tried
Loreal BB cream, Revlon BB cream, Deborah BB , Garnier BB, Ponds BB, Maybelline BB, Maybelline BB stick, Kyra BB cream and Lakme CC cream.

I can tell you when it comes to coverage, Deborah is the best
When it comes to lightweight feel and sheer coverage, try Loreal
Garnier BB is quite good
Lakme CC cream has pretty good coverage
Maybelline BB stick is a boon for combi/oily skins and ponds BB gives a nice matte effect aswell
the worst has to be maybelline BB cream! so oily! but I guess good for dry skin.

Bipasha October 5, 2013 at 12:03 pm

Kyra BB is pretty good but alas only one shade which is quite alot darker than my medium skin

jyoti October 6, 2013 at 3:14 pm

I would rather mix some foundation or concealer in my daily sunscreen. bb, cc and tinted moisturisers are not serious skincare products…atleast not the indian ones.
or i would wear some tbs evm powder foundation on top of sunscreen day lotion.. such a lovely natural coverage and healthy looking skin :)

the worst bb cream is tbs moisture white bb cream with serum. eekksss… it is like a mixture glue, cement ash and toothpaste !

Kalyani October 7, 2013 at 3:07 pm

The YSL BBcream is very nice! And the smashbox cc cream has good shades – the light/medium fit me perfectly!

Tanvi Taneja October 8, 2013 at 8:33 pm

I’ve been using the Loreal UV Perfect for the longesttt time now, must have been more than 2 years and I’ve never wanted to try anything else. But the Loreal counter lady forced me to try their BB creams and I must say I fell in love with it completely!
It’s lightweight, blends well and gives a nice sheer, dewy coverage. I have acne scars as well (ugly bright red ones), and though it doesn’t hide them like a foundation would, it definitely tones them down.
So yea, I’m a convert! It’s perfect for day wear.

Oh and just wanted to share, I’ve been using Mac foundations for the longest time.. nc25 and something in the nw range as well but while doing my trousseau shopping I just wanted to try something new and I fell in love with the Makeup Forever HD foundation! You should definitely try it out. I’ve forgotten about my mac foundations after using it.