Whats Your Hair Cut Called?

by Mehak Shahani on October 18, 2013

in Beauty Banter, Features

bb copy

Wierd question i know…but i wanna know what are the most popular styles you seem to be sporting. Mine is a ‘Layered Razer’ , which basically means if you have wavy hair, they cut your hair into different steps so that they are high-low kind of length . The waves appear wavier and give one of those effortless kind of looks.

I like my style mostly because I dont need to do anything to it- its super low maintainence. Scrunch hair after combing through and let it dry- so you get curly tresses. Or let it just be for a normal wave .

maybelline-bold-matte-lipstick-review

Namitha October 18, 2013 at 7:46 pm

Mine is a layered hair cut too! :D Since I have super thick hair, God bless them, but super tough to manage, I am most times stuck with a lot of layers with lot of different lengths -_- Plus fringes and its complete! :)

Shrutika October 18, 2013 at 8:35 pm

Shrutika October 18, 2013 at 8:36 pm

Hehe … I had super sleek straight hair…. Wen super small . Now i have wavy cocktail ki deepika like hair they r layers….:)))

Krithi October 18, 2013 at 9:21 pm

my hair cut is called “Nothing ” …hahaha just kidding because i have curly hair any kind of haircut looks the same :P

zee bee October 18, 2013 at 9:36 pm

omg…..i just cut my hair…from waist length i got short layered bob…and i feel so light !

Tina October 18, 2013 at 11:12 pm

I have super straight and fine hair, so I have a layered cut to give it some volume, otherwise it appears limp. But the weird thing is, if I don’t blow dry (which I don’t), all the layers point outwards, which look like a jhaadu. :(

I like wavy/curly hair, you know. I feel they add character to one’s appearance, and on a more prosaic note, at least they appear voluminous all the time! :P :D

ss October 19, 2013 at 12:46 am

I just chopped off my long hair to a super short bob. Love it so far. Hopefully it will be zero maintenance
coz’ I just can’t bother with blow dry and all that jazz.

Hanan Bangalore October 19, 2013 at 5:07 am

Medium layered haircut with side swept bangs. ( got face framing done along with my haircut).
P.s : I have a round face and it pretty much suits as it makes my face look slimmer.

Tiny October 19, 2013 at 9:57 am

Same pinch Mehak :) I am also having ‘layered razer’…I got my recent cut from VLCC and They have done an amazing job this time ..I am loving my hair more than ever. Thinking of getting fringes now :)
Your post sometime back on embracing the wavy hair was definitely inspired me to get back into my natural wavy from re-bonded hair sooner :)

Xuvious October 19, 2013 at 10:55 am

I have layered too but with bangs, not sure what it’s called because I always end up giving too many instructions! :p

Riya October 19, 2013 at 12:07 pm

OMG! Got a cut at Naturals last night…Awesome cut actually..These days every cut is basically layered n razored! Now essence is how do u want it to look more layered or more put 2 gether…I got a hugely feathery thing with layers and m happy with the change! If the sylist is able to relise your vision then he’s good…BTW Mehak u look lovely!

Ankita Singh October 19, 2013 at 1:45 pm

I have no idea what this is called! Super faux pas I know… I have been blessed with hair which seems to have all qualities of great hair, long, black, silky, straight, thick etc etc. But it becomes difficult to manage (imagine long,thick,silky together), so I got a layer/steps kinda thing 5 years back. Loved it and just get it trimmed everytime and totally forgotten what it is called!

sahana ramanand October 19, 2013 at 1:52 pm

I just got a haircut yesterday!!!

I have really straight hair which I prefer long. I hadn’t had a hair cut in 2 years. I wanted my hair to reach my waist. Well, it finally did, but the ends were looking so dry and hay-like. So finally I stopped being stubborn and saw a haistylist yesterday. I told him my lenght has to be maintained no matter what and I wouldn’t mind a little bounce to my hair. He followed all my instructions to the T and for once I LOVE my hair cut! Love love love it! But the cut doesnt have any name to it though, just the stylists intepretation of my instructions.

love,

Clothes and Creativity October 20, 2013 at 11:17 am

Great topic for Beauty Banter cause I haven’t had a haircut in the longest time! I just got a trim before my wedding (been abt 6 months)! I have super straight hair, and as of now they are considerably long. I used to get them cut in layers for some bounce and volume, with a little bang in the front. However, it used to be kind of difficult to get all the hair in a ponytail/braid! So pls suggest a good hairstylist?! I have been wanting to have a haircut for some time now. Used to get it done from Hair & Shanti (South Ex) but not really a fan of their work!