10 Simple Rules That Show You are a Delhi Bride-Zilla!

by Mehak Shahani on November 1, 2013

in Bridal Blog, Bridal shopping

So, as i observe my Sister in Law ( Non Delhi girl) get married and prepare for her big day, i realised just how different I ( Delhi girl) was while planning my wedding! I think we Delhi Brides are a bit loony and obsess over every little detail, and the more of my Delhi friends i see getting married, the more convinced i am that there are 10 simple Rules to show that you are a Delhi Bride ;)

10 Simple Signs to know you are a Delhi Bride Zilla

1. You think no one really looks at the groom on the wedding ;p :) (Sorry honey!)

2. The day your Roka is done, you create a little folder on your computer saying ‘Wedding Ideas’ and/or create a pinterest account to drool over.

3. Whether your budget is 5 lakhs, or 20,000 you will still visit everything- from DLF Emporio to Chandni Chowk to customary Bridal Exhibitions like Bridal Asia with absolutely no intentions of buying anything.

4. You enter shops and say ‘Bhaiya Sabyasachi Type Lehenga lao na’ !

5. You obsess over how much flare and ghera and kalis your lehenga has and threaten the shopkeepers that if they so much as cut one kali on the final piece you will seriously slit their throat (Deathly stare)

6.  You fret about being completely  over-dressed for some small puja ceremony and have a big fight with your mom about how you look like a fool. Then when the guests start pouring in, you realise you are probably very under dressed (This is Delhi love!)

7. You argue with your mom about how you really dont need as many as 11, or 21 or 31 pairs of clothes for your trousseau and for the life of you cant understand why there is a  pre-set number that ends with 1 like that. (Like hello, i want 8 ok…what? no 8…only 7 or 11? WHY???)

8. You obsess over keeping fit for the wedding, yet the customary trip to Chawri Bazaar for wedding cards is always followed by a full fat meal of Karim’s  dripping in oil! Not to mention strolling around Kinari Bazaar and picking up borders, laces and beads that you will probably never use.

9. You complain about how all the songs a Bride has to dance on – on the sangeet are so boring !! You argue with your mom about being able to dance on some fun (read : item number)  songs while she has minor heart attacks listening to the lyrics of those ‘fun songs’

10. You read P&B’s Bridal Section religiously and print out the relevant parts ;)

This post was just for fun !!! ;) Please dont get all serious on me about this  and be like “Dont give us a bad name okay haan”.

PS: If you are someone looking for the best places to shop in delhi dont forget to check out Bridal Shopping Service in Delhi and Mumbai. Yes . I shamelessly promote- you got a problem?

Esha November 1, 2013 at 2:46 pm

Loll!! that was a fun read :D
And seriusly whats with the number yaar :P 7,11,21,31 and so on….

mehak November 1, 2013 at 6:35 pm

I knowww crazy!
mehak recently posted..Lakme 9 to 5 Lip Color In Toffee Nexus: Swatches & ReviewMy Profile

Nikita November 1, 2013 at 2:53 pm

Lol.. super awesum..
Couldnt help relating myself to most of the points… M a Delhi Bride-zilla too!! :D

Shivi@COSMOCHICS November 1, 2013 at 2:58 pm

hahahhahah….’Bhaiya Sabyasachi Type Lehenga lao na’ …hehehhe…cant stop laughing…what a fun post!
I too can relate to a lot of points stated above :)
Shivi@COSMOCHICS recently posted..Diwali Gift Ideas For Family & friends: Cosmochics Contributors Show Us, What They gifting This Season!!!My Profile

thedelhibride November 1, 2013 at 3:03 pm

Lol!!! What an awesome read!!! And some are quite true! I also created a folder on my computer for all things wedding-related, and was totally stressing out about being over-dressed at the Mata Ki Chowki! Of course, I ended up being almost under-dressed, as this is Delhi and people seriously dress up even for a puja!
thedelhibride recently posted..Wedding Wardrobe: Samvedna’s RokaMy Profile

Clothes and Creativity November 1, 2013 at 3:05 pm

Hahaha! Dude, a lot of it is actually true! :P
Clothes and Creativity recently posted..Stripey Aqua Blouse and Black Trousers: Work OutfitMy Profile

Supria November 1, 2013 at 3:09 pm

LOL I am still under the impression that no one _actually_ looks at the groom ;)
Supria recently posted..OOTD(Outfit Of Two Days) + Gift card I won!My Profile

mehak November 1, 2013 at 9:24 pm

I am too but dont tell my husband that
shhh
mehak recently posted..TIGI Love Peace Planet Free UR Mind Hairspray ReviewMy Profile

Mohini November 1, 2013 at 3:10 pm

and this one :P
11. You accompany your friend who is getting married soon on her shopping and vendor booking trips and the shopkeeper mistakes you to be the bride…… ( Happens with me a lot ;) )

mehak November 1, 2013 at 9:23 pm

haha ooh that does happen
mehak recently posted..Guerlain Tenue De Perfection TimeProof Foundation ReviewMy Profile

Somya November 1, 2013 at 4:15 pm

this one is uper super true..lol.. i was jus smiling n laughing at each point. but for the 10th point..i dont print d p n b relevant details but of course have subscribed to your mail and relevant emails i save in a separate folder of Peaches & blushes. You’re a cutie Mehak..i so believe every other or i shall say every normal girl can relate to you..muaah!!

mehak November 1, 2013 at 6:34 pm

Aww thanks Somya!

Ishita November 1, 2013 at 4:16 pm

I am from Kolkata but I am as obsessed as you Delhi Girls. My wedding date is not even finalised but am looking at every single detail provided on P&B :D

mehak November 1, 2013 at 6:34 pm

Haha ! Welcome to the club!

Xuvious November 1, 2013 at 7:26 pm

LMAO! Not getting married anytime soon but this is fun! ;)
Xuvious recently posted..Essie Watermelon Nail PolishMy Profile

Sonia November 1, 2013 at 7:54 pm

I am a Bbay bride-to-be and yet can relate to every single point! lol! Cheers to bridezillas!

mehak November 1, 2013 at 9:21 pm

Cheeerrss!

Palak Handa November 1, 2013 at 9:38 pm

I think most of the points relate to a Punjabi bride!!!

Sherina Siraj November 1, 2013 at 10:40 pm

i am a kerala bride from dubai and none of my ppl are like this EXCEPT me!!! born on the wrong side of India!!! :P :P

mehak November 2, 2013 at 12:41 am

I feel ya ! My husbands from Hyderabad and noones like that there either.

Sherina Siraj November 2, 2013 at 1:51 am

once went to chennai in search of a mehendi dress for my best friend! and asked a dealer ( in bad hindi ) , bhaiisaab , binaaa net, lambii flare, anarkalii mileegaa?? n he replied with a weird hostile look ” milega” n and us bridesmaidsss oll exciteddd chanted together!! “sachiiii????” ” n he saidd ” hannjii.. manish malhotra ka pass!! :P :P :P
lollll i can soo relate to Bhaiya Sabyasachi Type Lehenga lao na.. did tht n a chennai sales man looked like he wanted to bite me!!
you delhi gals hav got it made!!! nythin n everythin is possible der!! :)

Jaseema November 1, 2013 at 11:03 pm

Hehe ! You are SOOOO cute :D Such a fun read !

Swati November 1, 2013 at 11:43 pm

This was such a fun read! Couldn’t stop laughing.. :D :D
Swati recently posted..Colorbar Lip Pot in Warm Me Up : ReviewMy Profile

Aneekah November 1, 2013 at 11:54 pm

Hi Mehak,

I am silent visitor of your bolg,but couldn’t resist my self writing here.

I am Half delhi,half haryanvi and married to maharathrian. I can relate to all of your point bride zilla. My hushband made lot of fun of me when we were planing for our marriage.I started as as soon as our parents were agree and till the date we got married. My hushband was like- ” what a big deal,it just matter of one day”.I was like dude- I am from delhi and its something in our blood that we got so obessed about each marraige we attend,so this is my own marriage . You cann’t understand it caz no one is going to watch you( i had that Impression)
One year havn’t passed and I am in this zilla again.I am searching something for my Brother -in law marriage like no one going to watch them,people will watch me,(though date are not finalise yet).
yes we are so obessed about our dressing,its very scary of think of under dress

mehak November 2, 2013 at 12:41 am

haha ! Looks like everyone is in the same boat

beautifulandconfidentyou November 2, 2013 at 12:12 am

HA HA HA HA….it was fun readin and the best one point 4 Sabyasachi type lehenga ….
beautifulandconfidentyou recently posted..October FavouritesMy Profile

dr richa November 2, 2013 at 11:02 am

All d points frm 1 to 10 entirly matches with my on goin bridal shoppin…n would be soon sharin dis wid my mom…awesome wrk….:-))))

Shikha November 2, 2013 at 6:12 pm

cent percent true, you are talking about SIL, I go mad and run around for cousin, friends wedding too (pissing-off everyone in house) making plans what I will wear, at time my mum said itni tayaari to jinke ghar function hai unhone bhi nai ki hogi :P
And then too I still running around for bangles, clips, shoes on last day. I am so happy to show this post to her, I am not the only one :D Delhi weddings and functions are all about dressing up and I LOVE it…
Shikha recently posted..Happy Dhanteras 2013My Profile

Krithi November 2, 2013 at 7:35 pm

Good post
When I got married I bought 5 sarees including my wedding n reception one
It is definitely drool worthy your posts those costumes
But can never think of buying for myself ;)
Typical South Indian hehe
Krithi recently posted..Clarins Lotus Face Treatment OilMy Profile

Manali November 7, 2013 at 2:18 pm

Haha… This is so much fun :)….
Manali recently posted..Casual Chic !!!My Profile