5 Outfits : Winter Wardrobe with French Connection UK!

by Mehak Shahani on November 13, 2013

in Fashion

You know how when you read Archies Comics as kids, you are always a tiny bit jealous of VERONICA”s never ending walk in wardrobe. This weekend, i had a Veronica moment- because the entire French Connection UK store was my wardrobe for half an hour !!!! I was like a kid in the candy store- pretty much driving the very patient sales staff and the boy (photographer for the day) crazy, But what could i do? Its a store that was right up my style alley!

DSC02906

I have an unhealthy obsession with sweaters, and when they come with glitter and animal shapes on them, i go totally weak in the knees. I ADORE that cute bird sweater at the back and the rest are just great, everyday wear cardi’s !

fcuk-sweater

Thats me wearing that cute cropped bird sweater- isnt it super cute? Perfect for a summer brunch with the girls.

Sweater: French Connection

Black Wedge Boots: French Connection

Quilted white sling back: French Connection

Jeans : Models Own (Haha, i just like saying that. Sounds fancy- jeans are my own!)

frenchc0nnectionjacket

If that birdy on your sweater starts to feel to cold, layer it on with an edgy leather jacket for a day out in the cold Delhi Winter !! Dont forget to carry a big handbag to fit your shopping into !!! This look is pretty much all im in come December – every girl needs a good, well fitted leather jacket and this FCUK one is gorgeous

Leather Jacket :FCUK

White bag: FCUK

french-connection-sweaters (2)

This peplum top is perfect for a dinner date with the boy! It looked a bit too plain just worn with jeans so i added this white scarf from FCUK to complete the look! The white scarf is actually attached to one of their bags (I didnt even know they did bags!)

Blue Peplum top: FCUK

Scarf: FC.. ok you get the drift now right?

DSC02910-001

See that purple bag with a scarf? Borrowed it from there ! Thank you Mrs.Bag !

french-connection-sweaters (3)

When it gets REALLY chilly upfront, this  fur lined jacket with the leather collar and leather sleeves is perfection !! I would buy this in a heartbeat- its chic, and sophisticated but still has an edge and isnt boring. That brown bag is probably my favourite of all the bags they have in store.

french-connection-sweaters (1)Excuse the messy hair, by this time there had been a gazillion tops going over and on top of it. Iv said it before- Jewel + Sweater= I LOVE. Even though there seems to be nothing spectacularly different in this grey sweater, its something that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy and wintery !! Love the Rhinestone detailing its so damn cute ! It almost makes me reminiscent of my Delhi Unviersity days- warm cup of coffee in one hand, notes in one hand and a chunky jewelled sweater with jeans to get me through the day !

Is it normal for a 26 year old to like all cutesy things?

DSC02936

I spotted one overcoat in store, which i lounged about in as i chilled with my friend the barefoot mannequin!

Overall, i had such a FUN time at French Connection , im definitely going again to pick up something. These are my top picks from FCUK for winter:

• The sweaters are adorable! If you are a sweater girl, get one of those glittery ones NOW
  • Its hard to find  good, structured leather jackets but FCUK has them in abundance. I loved both the fur lined leather jacket and the black jacket as well.
  • The blue peplum top is a great option that is classic and can be worn in multiple ways
  • The dresses there are absolutely fab, specially if bodycon is your style !!!  Definitely a goos store for new year shopping
  • Some of the bags are actually quite cute and worth a look!

Here is what i would love to see in the FCUK store:

• More scarves, mufflers and layering options
  • I would love to see an FCUK range of boots honestly!
  • I also didnt love any of the overcoats in the store- they seemed a bit too bulky for my liking.

DSC02909

I loved this dress as well!

To see more such styles, go to French Connection’s Online Website

PS: The trials were arranged by PR. However , this post is not a paid for post.

Krithi November 13, 2013 at 11:36 am

U look great in all outfits

Abhiruchi November 13, 2013 at 11:50 am

Love love love the sweater with studded bird :) it is super cute, totally my kinda thing and that leather jacket super awesome…need to check out the store soon… :D :D

Xuvious November 13, 2013 at 11:55 am

Love the blue peplum and the blingy sweater! I’m so glad I can wear scarves now, best part of winter! ^_^
Xuvious recently posted..OPI Live and Let Die Nail PolishMy Profile

mehak November 13, 2013 at 2:20 pm

I know right? LOVE layering.

Ritu TheIndianBeautyBlog November 13, 2013 at 12:04 pm

love that coat with the grey glitter sweater :)
Ritu TheIndianBeautyBlog recently posted..Crabtree and Evelyn Somerset Meadow ultra moisturising hand therapy: ReviewMy Profile

TA November 13, 2013 at 12:15 pm

I so loved that blue peplum top and that brown bag! Both are such a classy piece….would def chk them out on my next shopping spree :) U look cute in all Mehak
TA recently posted..The more you are, the more you get to…My Profile

Jyoti November 13, 2013 at 12:16 pm

You look too cute in all the outfits <3
Jyoti recently posted..Hot Stuff To Wear This Winter !My Profile

mehak November 13, 2013 at 2:19 pm

Aww thanks Jyoti !!!

Amruta November 13, 2013 at 12:24 pm

I just loved this collection.. I love FCUK :P
Amruta recently posted..Victoria’s Secret GiveawayMy Profile

kiransingh November 13, 2013 at 12:44 pm

Lovely collection of winter need to go for shopping :)
kiransingh recently posted..Homemade KohlMy Profile

swati November 13, 2013 at 12:45 pm

luuurrrvvvveee the brown bag and the last dress. any idea about the price for these 2 items??

Pallavi bose November 13, 2013 at 2:50 pm

Mehak u r super cute…the girlish charm in you is very adorable….and i love all the sweaters u wore in this OOTD…and blue one is just so classy and the brown bag is awsum…actually i lik the white abg too(behind purple bag with a scarf)…anywayz if i am not wrong u askd n fb na wat wud u lik to giv us after completing 30K likes on FB…give me one of those bags mehak….

Supria November 13, 2013 at 3:10 pm

That fur+lether coat = AWESOMENESS!!! Love that blue peplum too, love everything… This season’s ZARA collection is also awesome, so many sequin sweaters! Its so hard resisting when I walk past it every single day to work!!!
Supria recently posted..MAC Gel Liner Blacktrack – Review & PhotosMy Profile

vibha November 13, 2013 at 4:33 pm

i love that white bag and Blue Peplum top. i am absolutely in love with your blog and subscribed it too. god bless

Supria November 13, 2013 at 5:12 pm

Btw Mehak, you look really good, especially in the blue peplum outfit!
Supria recently posted..Benefit They’re Real Vs Max Factor False Lash Effect Mascara – Review & EOTDMy Profile

sahana November 13, 2013 at 6:29 pm

I love the bird sweater! Adorable.

P.s: its ok to like cutesy things at 26, I am almost 25 and I still like one direction and Taylor swift. Sigh.
sahana recently posted..Difference Between BB Cream, CC Cream & DD CreamMy Profile

anshita November 13, 2013 at 7:08 pm

agent mehak, whats d price of dat leather jacket? me wants it!
anshita recently posted..Avon Anew Clinical Pro Line Corrector Treatment with A-F33: Review and PhotosMy Profile

DP November 13, 2013 at 7:29 pm

The blue peplum (paired with a nice woollen pencil skirt n tights for work) and the grey comfy sweater (with skinnies for the weekend/evenings) are, both, right up my alley.

kayennat November 13, 2013 at 8:40 pm

That robin sweater and the peplum top are so gorgeous are on you!
kayennat recently posted..MAYONNAISE FREE COLESLAWMy Profile

Aparajita November 13, 2013 at 9:26 pm

I am loving the peplum top and those black boots too….and I am literally drooling over the bags…I am total bag girl…can’t have enough of them and these are really pretty ones :)
Aparajita recently posted..Book Review: Asura – Tale of the Vanquished by Anand NeelakantanMy Profile

Mayuri November 13, 2013 at 10:09 pm

I loved the birdie sweater :) it is so cute , you look flawless Mehak :)
Mayuri recently posted..Review: Maybelline Eyestudio Vivid and Smooth Liner- two lovely shades!My Profile

Jagriti November 13, 2013 at 10:09 pm

Hey Mehak ,
Loved almost every piece that you picked up especially the Robin Sweater which reminds me of a very similar OLD NAVY design !
The BLUE peplum looked gorg and maybe a chunky necklace can be teamed with it for a dressier look !

Swati November 14, 2013 at 12:06 am

loved the birdie sweater!!!!
Swati recently posted..Biotique Bio Almond Overnight Therapy Lip Balm : ReviewMy Profile

Clothes and Creativity November 14, 2013 at 11:24 am

I’ve got a couple of dresses and tops from FCUK, and although the brand does have a lot of trendy stuff, I think they are overpriced for the quality of products they offer (say compared to Zara or MNG).

That being said, they do have a nice range of body-mists- try out if you can.

And that cobalt peplum top looks great!
Clothes and Creativity recently posted..The Ethereal Saree- A very special outfit on my 100th postMy Profile

deepti November 16, 2013 at 7:10 am

Mehak you are just tooooooooooo cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
deepti recently posted..Mexico City Tour with me.My Profile