Subtle Day Time Smokey Eye Tutorial
Guest Post by Shrutilaya
I’m a smokey eye girl through and through. Be it day or night, I always smoke out even the most basic matte eyeshadows. You just need two basic things:
1. A really good blending brush that basically does all the work for you.
2. A transition colour, typically a matte eyeshadow a few shades darker than your skintone.
With these two, any eyelook can really be transformed into something sexy and sultry. So this is a really subtle smokey eye (My definition of subtle ofcourse), I hope you guys enjoy!
1. Prime your eyelids
2. Use a cream eyeshadow all over your eyelid- something soft and neutral should do
3.Use a shimmery brown eyeshadow over the cream eyeshadow
4. Place a darker brown shadow on the outer half
5.Blend with a shadow thats close to your skintone
7. Use the darkest brown or black to highlight the outer V of the dark eyeshadow and try and fill it in
8.Blend using circular motions
9.Use the same darkest brown on the lower lash line
10. Mascara !
Primer (Urban Decay Primer Potion)
Shimmery brown eyeshadow (Right side of Cordura Duo by NARS)
Darker brown eyeshadow (Left side of Cordura Duo by NARS)
Transition Eyeshadow – a couple of shades darker than your skintone (Inglot 357 Matte)
Black/deep brown eyeshadow – optional (Coconut Grove by NARS)
Gel Eyeliner (Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner)
Mascara (Rimmel Scandaleyes Showoff Mascara)
If you guys try this out, please let me know! :)
This article was a Guest Post By Shrutilaya of www.shlaya.net. Visit her blog to find more such fun tutorials, tips and tricks !
Subscribe Updates, Its FREE!