Best Hair Irons , Hair Curlers in India: P&B Panel

by Mehak Shahani on November 11, 2013

in Features, Haircare, The Panel, Uncategorized

As we gear up for the wedding season, we need to make sure our hair look perfectly styled with those killer floor length anarkalis, and while some of us head to the parlour to get a chic do, a lot of us also use styling tools at home to achieve that look ourself !

I used to always go to the salon for a blow dry, but my hair is very very thin and i feel like everytime i go there they just pull it and pull it and make my hair fall flat which i hate because it looks limp and characterless !!! So i have the Philips Salon Stylist Hair Styler    at home. I love it because usually all i need is to wrap a strand around the metal rod at the edges of my hair and have it all curled up. They also have a straightener in this styler, but thats a pretty average straightener and nothing much to write about. The curling rod however is AMAZING – it works on literally all kind of hair and it has a clamper so your hair doesnt move!

I also used Remington’s hair iron in the past which was not bad, but iv stopped ironing my hair now !

Sanjana says  ”I use a Panasonic Flat Iron which is super easy for a first timer like me. Its effective, straightens hair and fool proof to use. You need to be very careful though and use some heat protectant serum to prevent burning.  (TIGI has a good heat protectant!)

Priyam says “My hair is really straight so nothing ever sets in my hair. Sometimes i use a Philips curling iron which is the only thing that sometimes works!”

Esha says “Mostly my hair are alwars blow dried at the parlour but i need a hair iron at home for travelling emergencies and touch ups ! The brand that i have been using for the past 6 years is GHD (good hair day) from London. Their hair irons are AMAZING ! Much nore superior and efficient than any other i have ever used !! (I spotted GHD at sephora in Delhi if i remember right)

What are your favourite hair irons and hair curlers in India?

chandni singh November 11, 2013 at 10:38 am

I swear by the Babyliss Nano Titanium & GHD. Between the both I swear by Babyliss. I feel everyone should own a flat iron in which you can choose the heat settings. And always use a heat protection spray!!

Peachesandblush November 11, 2013 at 11:15 am

Any good heat protectant recommendations?

Harini April 14, 2014 at 4:57 pm

Berina heat protecting Spray is great

sahana November 11, 2013 at 10:58 am

I own the entire Philips range, but my hair is SO difficult to style! I have the straightest, most boring hair. I take for ever to curl and then within an hour, the curl magically vanishes, no matter how much hair spray I use :-/

Do you guys know any good strong hold hair spray available easily in India?

Embellished November 11, 2013 at 3:33 pm

I use L’oreal’s Elnett hairspray. It’s pretty good :)

Clothes and Creativity November 11, 2013 at 11:05 am

Mehak, I’ve been wanting to buy a curling iron for quite some time now. My hair is super-straight and nothing holds up against it. Just wanted to ask if the Philips one is good enough for straight hair?

Peachesandblush November 11, 2013 at 11:16 am

I really like it- but i do have wavy hair so i cant be a 100% sure. My sister has very straight hair and no rod works on her eithr but the philips one does!

Clothes and Creativity November 11, 2013 at 2:26 pm

Will buy it I guess!

Amruta November 11, 2013 at 11:10 am

I have one from Revlon but its too bulky .. Its tough to work on your hair when you have long hair :(

Shikha November 11, 2013 at 11:11 am

Remington T400 hair iron, though I have stopped using if after hair smoothening. For curling I use rollers instead of rod

Tanvi Taneja November 11, 2013 at 11:29 am

I swear by BabyBliss for all my hair needs. Though I have tried the Remmington curling iron as well and it works really well for my hair (mostly straight, slight waves)
One product I would recommend for everyone is Babybliss Nano Hot air rotating brush. I swear you’ll never have to go for a blow out ever again.
My hair is quite limp and lacks volume, and this is a gift from god!! It gives you killer volume and bounce and you look like you just stepped out of the salon. I dunno whether you get it in India or not, but ladies order this right away. It takes a couple of tries to get the hang of it but once you do, it’s the best thing ever. Leaves your hair silky and shiny and full of bounce.

Divya January 28, 2015 at 3:45 pm

Hi Tanvi, I am looking to buy a babyliss myself but i am confused as it is not available in India on retail shops. I wanted to be sure if there is any service centers in case it gets faulty.

Gowthami November 11, 2013 at 11:39 am

I’m using Remington Curling iron which works best for me!! I have straight hair naturally!!

Ishita November 11, 2013 at 12:08 pm

Best Flat iron : GHD
Best hair curler Babyliss heated rollers.
Heat protectant : Chi silk infusion
For adding shine to your curls : Redken outshine 01 polishing milk

Swati November 11, 2013 at 1:52 pm

I have the Philips Styler too and I agree with you, the flat iron just doesnt work well. The curling rod is really good though and I quite like the crimper too :)

Xuvious November 11, 2013 at 2:07 pm

I don’t use flat iron that often but I use Remington.

Supria November 11, 2013 at 3:05 pm

I own the Babyliss Pro Cermamic Dial-A-Heat curling tongs, they give pretty awesome curls.

I use a pair of Remington straightners, cheapy cheap ones. But now that my hair texture has changed to wavy from straight I am lusting after a GHD!

For heat protectants I use the TresSemme one and it seems to do the trick, or so I imagine!

Arthi November 11, 2013 at 4:40 pm

i use the philips limited edition ion hair straightener and 2000w blow dryer and both work wonders !

kayennat November 11, 2013 at 5:23 pm

GHD’s all the way! They’re perfect for straightening AND curling. I’ve had mine for about 4 years now and they’re still going strong. The cloud 9 stylers are also great.

bnanno November 11, 2013 at 8:05 pm

GHD are The Hair Irons here. Expensive, but they work, and they work fast without having to run through several times (causing extra damage) or pulling. If you do it often, using a hair protector oil spray may be useful

Divya November 13, 2013 at 8:53 am

I have a Philips one, but it doesn’t do anything to my hair even though my hair are not that difficult. Is it important to use a hair spray?

mehak November 13, 2013 at 2:20 pm

Hi Divya,
well …its advisable to use one. Which philips one do you have and whats yr hair type?
The salon styloist?

Divya November 13, 2013 at 6:54 pm

Yes its the salon stylist. My hair are dry, fine and wavy.

mehak November 13, 2013 at 7:21 pm

do you open the clamper and then put your hair inside it? or do you wrap it from outside?

Divya November 13, 2013 at 10:24 pm

I wrap them outside for curling. But even for straightening the hair feel so rough when I slide the iron down. Is that normal?

mehak November 14, 2013 at 9:23 am

The iron is useless . it doesnt do anything !!!
Only the curling rod is excellent- thats what i wrote to ,,,you need to clamp it from inside

Tani November 14, 2013 at 7:13 pm

I use Kerastase nectar thermique as heat protectant. It hydrates my dry ends (and smells good too). 3-day straight from John Frieda is another good one.

Dyann February 27, 2014 at 11:39 am

Though I’m not located in India (USA actually), I wanted to express my gratitude for this awesome site and all the wonderfully informative reviews – I just love ‘em! Thanks so much for taking the time and effort to share your experiences; so helpful! Bye for now~

krithika April 4, 2014 at 11:37 am

I am planning to buy a curler and i want to know which is best between ikonic, babyliss and remington. I have wavy hair and want to know if I need to buy separate heat protectants for straightening and curling. If so for curling which heat protectant would you recommend. I have bought T&G Protection Mist.