Best Sunblock Available in India: Beauty Banter

by mehak on November 14, 2013

in Beauty Banter

bb copy

So what tube do you rely on when you are headed for a beach vacation. I am a firm beleiver in the Neutrogena Dry Touch SPF 50. It is SUPER effective- i wore it when i was frolicking around goa and by the end of it there was a marked difference in tan levels between my friends and me !! Its also non greasy even though its very thick, so that is an added bonus!

Apart from that iv tried Lotus whicvh is pretty good but its kind of shiney, and internationally iv used Banana Boat and a couple of others. I still come back to Neutrogena though, but these days because i use my Loreal Tinted Moisturizer which already has an SPF of 50 i skip it. Only when heading out in the sun do i apply it.

Shivi@COSMOCHICS November 14, 2013 at 11:16 am

I have oily skin and Right now i am using Neutrogena oil-free moisture ( combination skin) which has no spf….but the one with spf is great and works well! :)

Clothes and Creativity November 14, 2013 at 11:18 am

I use the Neutrogena Dry Touch SPF 50 religiously! I wash my face and apply it. Only then I wear make-up. This product is awesome- I’ve got kind of sensitive skin and after trying a lot of different sunscreens, I zeroed in on this one- doesn’t make my skin break out and isn’t oily at all!
Clothes and Creativity recently posted..The Ethereal Saree- A very special outfit on my 100th postMy Profile

ranjita November 14, 2013 at 11:34 am

Neutrgena Dry touch Sunblock SPF 50 without shadow of a doubt.. No break outs, no white cast, nice dewy finish..total love..cant live without it

Mallika November 14, 2013 at 12:16 pm

Hey, I’ve tried the Neutrogena Dry touch one (SPF 50), but its way too drying on my skin :’( Even when layered under a moisturizer.
Apart from that, it worked like a wonder….any suggestions for which sun block to get now??

swastika November 14, 2013 at 12:59 pm

Same pinch as you Mehak – go back n forth between Neutrogena SPF 50 and Loreal one – both i have picked up from PnB suggestions!!

supria November 14, 2013 at 1:17 pm

I use shadowz 30 by Dr Reddys lab. Doesn’t interfere with makeup and is non-greasy.

Now I have to try the neutrogena one. Everyone seems to love it!
supria recently posted..Benefit They’re Real Vs Max Factor False Lash Effect Mascara – Review & EOTDMy Profile

kiransingh November 14, 2013 at 1:51 pm

I am totally love with Neutrgena Dry touch Sunblock SPF 50 :) Its really good sunblock :)
kiransingh recently posted..VLCC Natural Sciences Insta Fair and Glow Clear Skin 2 in 1 Scrub Pack ReviewMy Profile

Shivangi November 14, 2013 at 2:17 pm

I swear by my La Roche Posay Anthelios 50 Mineral Ultra Light Sunscreen Fluid. Its feels very light on skin and suits my super oily skin.

Shreya November 14, 2013 at 3:19 pm

For me it will always be Neutrogena sunblock spf 50 ! Its sweat proof and perfect for my skin !
Shreya recently posted..Inglot Freedom System Rainbow Eyeshadow in 107R Review, FOTDMy Profile

Preeti Kaur November 14, 2013 at 3:41 pm

He he Neutrogena spf 50+ is my HG too :) its almost perfect!
Preeti Kaur recently posted..Olivia Herb Bleach ReviewMy Profile

Swati November 14, 2013 at 4:04 pm

Somehow Neutrogena porducts have never suited me (except for their lip balm) but hearing soooo many people like their sun block, I must give it a try. I have been loving the Lotus Matte sunscreen spf 40 for over a year now

Swati November 14, 2013 at 4:08 pm

Is the Neutrogena one available in a smaller tube too?
Swati recently posted..Biotique Bio Almond Overnight Therapy Lip Balm : ReviewMy Profile

Amruta November 14, 2013 at 4:31 pm

I have tried a hell lot of brands and none of them suit me.. I am using Melaguard suggested by my dermatologist :)
Amruta recently posted..Jewellery HaulMy Profile

Tiny November 14, 2013 at 4:33 pm

My current Lakme sunscreen is about to finish, which I use for hands & feet and was planning to pick Lotus Matte sunscreen spf 40.
Now I have to pick Neutrogena Dry touch one !
For face, I use Loreal Tinted Moisturizer, but it does make my skin oily :(
Tiny recently posted..Collective haul :)My Profile

Atreyee November 14, 2013 at 7:20 pm

Lotus 3 in one matte sunblock for me… love it.:)
Atreyee recently posted..3 Great Neutral Lipsticks For Office WearMy Profile

Nez November 14, 2013 at 9:53 pm

Hmm, I don’t know if you get this one in India, but my Derm suggested I use the Bioderma Sunscreen for my oily and sensitive skin. It’s a bit expensive but so damn worth it. So expensive you’d only use it on your face :P But otherwise I like the Garnier SPF 50+ which is super strong and awesome, for the rest of the body if I’m not trying to tan.

Mayuri November 15, 2013 at 12:57 am

I swear by Lotus Herbals UV screen matte gel in SPF 50. works well on my oily/combination skin :)
Mayuri recently posted..Review: Maybelline Eyestudio Vivid and Smooth Liner- two lovely shades!My Profile

Maha November 15, 2013 at 2:40 am

Hello everyone!

Kudos Mehak.! Best to discuss this topic. Im 26 years young n I use Ansolar gel cream prescribed by my dermatologist. and it really really works. My doc says Sunblocks are best anti-aging creams too. so point out some wr in ur topics. My skin tone is NC 40 of MAC and my skin freckles prone. So it really helps.

mehak November 15, 2013 at 11:17 am

Iv heard ansolar is brilliant !!!

MissBoPeep November 15, 2013 at 10:03 am

I I like nivea sun screen for body and shishedo advanced sun protection for face
MissBoPeep recently posted..Illamasqua nail color+ Bourjois nail art – Sneak PeekMy Profile

Riya November 15, 2013 at 10:26 am

Nivea blue bottle, oranginsh hints around, is absolute nonsense! It leaves sch a white cast that has to be blended n blended! It cost me over 400 bucks n i sooo sooo soo regret it!

Jyoti November 15, 2013 at 10:51 am

hi mehek..
i am yet to find my hg sunscreen. sunscreen for face and body are always different for me.
for body i like la rochey posey, vichy, (summers) sungrace and nivea blue bottle ( moisturising one ) (winters).
For face, i like olay white radiance day lotion spf 24 or lotus phyto rx day lotion spf 15. rest all are super greasy!! and in peak summers i dont wear a sunscreen on my face..it becomes super duper oily.

Devikaa November 15, 2013 at 6:02 pm

For my acne prone oily skin, Vichy UV Pro Secure SPF40 for oily-combination skin and Bioderma Photoderm AKN Mat SPF30 for oily-combo skin works best. The latter gives a more matt effect than the former which comes out greasy in peak summers. Worth every Rupee.

Karishma November 15, 2013 at 9:37 pm

I am allergic to Neutrogena dry touch and most sunblocks actually.. The simple Vaseline healthy white with SPF 24 and PA++ works best for me.

Krithi November 16, 2013 at 12:56 pm

even i love Neutrogena one
Krithi recently posted..Lush crash course in skin careMy Profile