Kareena Kapoor for Femina: Bridal Lemmings !

by Mehak Shahani on November 5, 2013

in Bridal Blog, Bridal fashion

kareena0kapoor-femina

Oh. My. God

Look at the gorgeous Kareena Kapoor in this Sabyasachi jacketed piece. A Salmon colored quilted lehenga skirt with a black resham embroidered  jacket and sequin encrusted sleeves which may well have looked frumpy on any other girl but on her..OMG. I DIE !! I WANT!  How fabulous would this be for your cocktail ceremony, or i dont know for your reception or something ! Love the sultry bronze makeup and the beautiful soft curls as well. This almost makes me want to change my outfit choice from Black and Mint green (MAJOR rethink happening) to Black and Salmon !  By the way, major changes on the SIL’s wedding front- a bridal file update is very very necessary!

As of now, i am super jealous of Kareena Kapoor. Not because she married Saif , not because she is at the top of the industry but because she gets to adorn this stunning creation by Sabyasachi ! Yum!

PS: My cousin sister’s brother in law is getting married and she is taking inspiration from this dress! Infact her brother in laws fiance has already booked a sabyasachi creation which is similar but in all gold. Its gorgeous as well!

Fani November 5, 2013 at 1:35 pm

i somehow do not like the lehenga skirt. i have a green quilt blanket in my bedroom in almost similar design.

mehak November 5, 2013 at 2:02 pm

Really? Agree it looks like an english quilt but i lowe it ! Specially with the black.

Archana November 7, 2013 at 1:53 am

I agree – that was my first thought as well “that skirt looks like a quilt!”.

Gowthami November 5, 2013 at 2:31 pm

Looks quite heavy but she is stunning!!
Gowthami recently posted..NaturalMantra.com Online Shopping Experience | ReviewMy Profile

V November 5, 2013 at 2:54 pm

She’s gorgeous! But I suggest stick to the Mint and Black combination.. it would look great!

Supria November 5, 2013 at 3:42 pm

I LOVE the jacket. Not so much the skirt, I’d feel like I am toting around a heavy quilted blanket :P Great in the photograph but not a practical choice in my opinion.
Supria recently posted..Haul – What I bought with £50?My Profile

Clothes and Creativity November 5, 2013 at 3:43 pm

This lehenga reminds me of a quilt. And it looks kind of bulky. I do like the floral print though.
Clothes and Creativity recently posted..Happy Diwali: Outfit of the DayMy Profile

sahana November 5, 2013 at 4:13 pm

I love the silhouette of the attire, it will complement almost all figures. And the black blouse is just so pretty. But I wish the skirt was of a different material. A little more flowy maybe. I love the color, just not the material. Looks like its been cut out from a quilt, literally.
sahana recently posted..New! Warby Parker Winter Collection 2013My Profile

mehak November 5, 2013 at 6:44 pm

Itb does…But i think its kind of perfect for a fashion magazine shoot no?

Nimisha Goel November 5, 2013 at 4:34 pm

I love how all these different pieces have been put together!! Absolutely stunning!

mehak November 5, 2013 at 5:26 pm

hai na? The skirt is quilty quilty types but i think it looks so good..atleast on the cover.

Krithi November 5, 2013 at 5:38 pm

Whatever …look at her attitude in the pic…she looks such lovely diva man
love her love her
Krithi recently posted..Fort Aguada,GoaMy Profile

Bhagyashree November 5, 2013 at 7:33 pm

I love the color combination and her hair but the skirt screams “bed cover” to me!

san November 5, 2013 at 7:55 pm

Black n salmon looking fabulous but the skirt looks like a bedspread!! Kareena looking stunning:-),Mehak in your opinion what were the makeup items used for this look or how could we do this ourselves?

Mayuri November 5, 2013 at 8:46 pm

I loved her makeup and hair :) the color combination of the outfit is good but i have to agree with the others that the skirt does look like a quilt :(
Mayuri recently posted..DIY: Herbal face cleanup at home—get gorgeous, go natural!My Profile

Swati November 6, 2013 at 12:34 am

Really loved the outfit. Specially the black jacket!
Swati recently posted..Maybelline Color Show Moon Beam : ReviewMy Profile

Jane November 6, 2013 at 2:06 am

Gah! Gotta disagree here..Its one heck of an boring outfit and that skirt would look fabulous as a throw on my couch. Not for me. But , its a step away from the usual bling city.

Saraswathi Sneha N V November 6, 2013 at 7:51 am

Gorgeous Outfit :D
Saraswathi Sneha N V recently posted..Do It Yourself – Winged Eye TutorialMy Profile

Jyoti November 6, 2013 at 9:25 am

I loved the whole look, especially color combination and her makeup <3 kareena look gorgeous in this dress. :)

Shivi@COSMOCHICS November 6, 2013 at 9:44 am

I am sure a similar thing in gold would be mind blowing! I love Kareena and her fashion sense ! she is looking absolutely gorgeous in the pic above!
Shivi@COSMOCHICS recently posted..Neutrogena Oil Free Moisture Combination Skin: Review & SwatchesMy Profile

M November 6, 2013 at 10:26 am

She looked great on the cover as well!

Shikha November 6, 2013 at 10:55 am

stunning, I love this outfit. This could be a perfect reception/engagement outfit. I am just thinking of this jacket in royal a blue. ahhhh.. this I want this so very much… a perfect outfit for a winter wedding. May be in pic material looks like quilt, I think it would look better in original. This og this in orane with dull copper resham work
Shikha recently posted..GiveAway Time- 1 lakh+ hits, 300+ Post & 1st AnniversaryMy Profile

thedelhibride November 7, 2013 at 2:36 am

Kareena looks gorgeous! That woman can carry off anything!
thedelhibride recently posted..My Second Karva Chauth: In PicturesMy Profile