P&B Real Bride(s): Priyanka & Urmi

by mehak on November 11, 2013

in Bridal Blog, Real Brides

bridal-lehengas

Two  Real Brides: Meet Priyanka & Urmi

Todays P&B Real Brides feature is a special one. Not just because we have two beautiful sisters who got married the same day, but also because they share a special story of courage and inner strength . More stunning than anything else in the wedding were the big beaming smiles on these two and the innate bond these two women seem to share which was captured beautifully by their Ace photographer and videography team ! Read on, you dont want to miss this one !

September 13th 1994 …..

It was just like any other night. We had our uncle, aunt, and their daughter over for dinner. My mom was preparing dinner and we were playing. Suddenly, we had a power outage, so my mom decided to start a generator. My dad wasn’t home yet, so my uncle helped my mom. As all of us were little kids, we went in the same room where my mom and uncle were because of darkness.

My mom looked for a torch, but she couldn’t find it, so she used candlelight. While my uncle was filling petrol in the generator, my mom was holding a candle. Drops of hot wax fell on my mom’s hand, so she accidentally tilted the candle and the petrol container in my uncle’s hand caught fire. Straight out from that room there was a bathroom.  He thought if he threw the can straight into the toilet, the fire wouldn’t spread through our home.

Just as he was going out of the room, the container melted in middle of the doorway. He was able to jump out of the room and my mom, my younger sister, my brother, his daughter, and I were stuck in the room, and we couldn’t get out.  The doorway was blocked by fire.

We had couple water bucket filled with water for daily use, and in the moment, we’d used it to put out the fire.  Unfortunately, it was a petrol fire; the water made it spread more rapidly.

The fire worsened until our neighbors came to help. By the time our neighbors arrived, it had damaged us.

After that, there were many treatments: treatments after treatments to make us look better.  We became immune to the pain. As time passed, we figured out there was no easy way out. We just had to be each other’s support and make the best of our lives. Slowly and gradually, we became strong and positive towards life. If it weren’t for my family, faith in God, and our move to the USA, I would have been physically and emotionally shattered. I am still learning to see this life in its BEST light and it is definitely getting better and better.

mehendi-lehengas1

Priyanka & Urmi, Your story is SO inspiring and i am so happy you guys had a happy ending (or should i say a beautiful beginning!). Lets talk about the happy stuff now !

Priyanka:

I never thought that Ross and I would get to this point in our lives together. From day one when we started dating I thought that he was an amazing person, I loved spending time with him, but at the end of the day I refused to feel anything more because he is an American, something that my parents would not be able to overlook. But it all changed, almost in a moment. My parents and I had a long discussion about my life in general and I began to complain to them that I had never met an Indian man outside of my family who cherished me as a person and would go to any length to make me happy. Instantly, I corrected myself and I said, “there is one man, the only man I know other than my dad and brother, around whom I can be myself and feel not only cherished but also incredibly happy.” I talked to them about Ross and from that moment my parents have been nothing but encouraging. They allowed me to take that risk with Ross. They gave me their blessings when it came to trusting him. It took me a long time to see that the man of my diaries was literally the man I was dating at the time.

Today I am his wife, and I still fear sometimes that I am too young and immature to have found such an amazing man in my life, but then I talk to him and everything seems to fit. We just make sense together.

Urmi:

Taral and I were set up by our families. The first time when we met, we hardly talked for 10-15 mins. After that I had thought that it wouldn’t go any further, but after few days his family called and said that he would like to meet again. At this next date, we spent substantial period of time to get to know each other . He seemed very open mined and I liked talking to him. He was better than all the other guys I had met so far. At last, I felt that he had that x factor I had been looking for all along. He must have felt the same way because now we are husband and wife. First I was certainly hesitant to get married in two months since I hardly had any time to get know him. But when I did talk to him I was reassured every time that I was making the right decision.

brides1

bride-sister

OKay, i have to know what its like to get married on the same day!! Is it crazier or more fun?

Priyanka:

The thought of getting married alone was insane given the way I have lived most of my life. But then the moment I found out that I was going to get married along side my sister, I almost lost my mind. My sister and I are inseparable. Taking the biggest steps of our lives together was yet another sign that we are meant to be sisters in all of our lives.

Urmi:

It was a very joyous occasion for my family. We had never thought that two of us would get married at the same time. It seemed like everything happened in a blink of an eye, especially for me. It was supposed to be my sister, Priyanka, who was to get married to Ross and all of us were preparing for her wedding. Just two months before the wedding, I met my husband, Taral, and it was decided that we should also get married at the same time. I couldn’t be happier; as my sister rightly said we are inseparable and having this biggest day celebrated together just added cherry on the icing. This was one of the happiest moments of our lives.

engagement-anarkali1 engagement-anarkali

bridal-shoes bridal-dupatta

Tell us about all your beautiful outfits !

We shopped from all different cities, Surat, Delhi, Mumbai, Ahmedabad. Our wedding outfits were bought from Frontier Raas. We had a blast shopping from all around the cities. Shopping with mom, mamji, masiji and cousins was really fun. They all helped us pick out our fabulous attire for all the occasions. Going to shopping with all the loved ones; altogether has a different kind of amusement.   Our jewelries were bought from Dagina -Surat, Dedhiya-Mumbai, Zaveri-Ahmedabad.  All the small accessories and shoes were bought locally (Surat) from just small mom and pop stores. One might be amazed what great things we would find in all these small places.

Who did your makeup in Surat?

We hired a local makeup artist, Rahul of Rahul Salon. He was amazing; he knows his art very well and was great with making us look natural and flawless before the cameras. He also did make up for our foreign guests, who were just thrilled with his work. Because of my scars, I (Urmi) rarely would get make up done because instead of making it better most of them just make it worse. However, I haven’t found a better make up artist than Rahul; him and his team are just fabulous. First time I felt beautiful with the makeup, so all10 out 10 for him and his team. bride-makeup brides

Your photographs are some of the most beautiful i have ever seen !! Who was this magical photographer and videography team?

Our wedding planner, Rishi, recommended Avantika Meattle for our wedding . She  was the perfect photographer for us- She captured every intimate and breathtaking moment without losing sight of our ceremony’s vastness. She caught our emotions – the brightness in our eyes and the tenderness in our poses – as one might catch a lightning bug in a bottle. (Girls getting married, check out Avantika’s Facebook page here -Avantika Meattle Photography she does some absolutely phenomenal work that i can personally vouch for !)

Our videography team was the Wedding Filmer (Editors Note: BEST videographer in India In my opinion) who were absolutely brilliant as well!

sangeet-anarkali

Dont forget to check out our Bridal Shopping in Delhi Service!

Priyam November 11, 2013 at 11:12 am

I LOVEEE the photographs. the one with the bride behind the dupatta is stunning
And the story. Hats off to you girls- you are an inspiration to all of us !!!

Tara November 11, 2013 at 11:31 am

Inspiring stories, good luck to both of u….u both look so beautiful :)
Tara recently posted..The more you are, the more you get to…My Profile

Krithi November 11, 2013 at 11:32 am

that is so inspiring story gals…
Be strong .,..
Krithi recently posted..Body and Bathworks-True Blue Super Softening Hand LotionMy Profile

SD November 11, 2013 at 11:34 am

Hey! These are the two lovely sisters from the wedding filmer videos! It is such a beautiful story!!

Gowthami November 11, 2013 at 11:43 am

Love you both!! Both of you looking great and prettier :) Photographs are perfect, i love the makeup a lot :) Best wishes <3
Gowthami recently posted..Review : Just Herbs Aloe Vera Facial Massage Gel | Oily | Combination | Acne-Prone SkinMy Profile

Shivi@COSMOCHICS November 11, 2013 at 11:43 am

Wow gorgeous outfits and beautiful clicks! the sandals are super awesome too!

Anju November 11, 2013 at 12:01 pm

thats a truly inspiring story…lovely photographs!!

Ankita Singh November 11, 2013 at 12:04 pm

Awww… So inspiring and humbling… This is what women of substance are like. Nothing gets them down and their determination to live their lives to the fullest is undaunted! Beautiful story, how touching to see such deep connection between sisters. God bless you and your soulmates in your lives ahead…
Congratulations Urmi and Priyanka, you made two of the loveliest brides I have seen :-)

MissBoPeep November 11, 2013 at 12:13 pm

Hey I guess these girls were covered in Wedding Sutra too. I had read all this there.
MissBoPeep recently posted..Illamasqua nail color+ Bourjois nail art – Sneak PeekMy Profile

Vineetha November 11, 2013 at 12:42 pm

Wow! Hats off to you girls! You look gorgeous!
Vineetha recently posted..Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette Review, SwatchesMy Profile

Crazy Indian Wedding November 11, 2013 at 1:05 pm

Oh wow! You both look so pretty!

It must have been so much fun! I can imagine how great it would have been to have a companion bride, very few people can understand what is going through a brides mind at that point of time, and to have your own sister to go though it with you would have been such a great support and so much fun!

I love the picture where one of you is peeking to check if the others makeup is ok.

Maliha November 11, 2013 at 1:08 pm

For sure the best real brides post I have read to date. A fairytale come to life :D truly inspiring!

Xuvious November 11, 2013 at 2:07 pm

Omg this is so heartwarming, I love your photos and both of you are gorgeous! :)
Xuvious recently posted..OOTD : Peplum and Gold AccesoriesMy Profile

Supria November 11, 2013 at 3:20 pm

Gorgeous girls! I want a sister toooo!!!
Supria recently posted..4 Work Outfits – OOTDsMy Profile

nidhi November 11, 2013 at 4:09 pm

you both are beautiful inside out.. :) very inspirational.
thanks Mehak for publishing such an inspiring article.

Arthi ramesh November 11, 2013 at 4:33 pm

Wow both brides are beautiful and so lucky for sisters to get married on the same day !!!

Shikha November 11, 2013 at 4:50 pm

God bless both of you with lots of happiness and love. You girls look stunning. Lovely outfit, makeup, pics and best part love for each other.
Shikha recently posted..Wish List – I am Drolling overMy Profile

Ananyaa November 11, 2013 at 5:09 pm

I really admired both the girls the very moment I saw “entwined”..You two definitely made the most gorgeous brides and your story was really really inspiring..Best wishes to both of you :)

sahana November 11, 2013 at 6:12 pm

Wow, looks so whimsical and pretty! Love the lehengas.

sahana recently posted..Jabong.com Review and Deepika Padukone’s Red Carpet Inspired OutfitMy Profile

Farha November 11, 2013 at 8:11 pm

Gorgeous brides! Beautiful wedding! Thanks for featuring and sharing this wonderful & inspirational story, Mehak! :)

Mayuri November 11, 2013 at 10:35 pm

You both look gorgeous :) your story is really inspiring just like a ray of hope in darkness :) congratulations
Mayuri recently posted..Simple Candy Nails Tutorial: Sponge Technique – Super easy, Super cute!My Profile

Heena November 11, 2013 at 10:44 pm

Honestly, Yours Seem To Be The Most B’ful Pictures in the “Real Brides” Section Not Coz of The Photographers, But Because of The Beautiful Persons I See in There!

God Bless You With Loadza Love n Smiles :)

Adi November 12, 2013 at 12:14 am

Your story is so inspiring and you’re both incredibly beautiful.. wish you all the happiness in the world :)

sakhi November 12, 2013 at 8:32 am

heart touching……..very beautiful…..
sakhi recently posted..Hair Styles from 1920′sMy Profile

Sara November 12, 2013 at 3:02 pm

I watched a video about these two beautiful girls on Facebook a few months ago and it brought a tear or two to my eye!

Amruta Deore November 12, 2013 at 4:55 pm

So beautiful.. The photograph are soooo good !
Amruta Deore recently posted..Victoria’s Secret GiveawayMy Profile

Shireen November 13, 2013 at 4:14 pm

Absolutely inspiring story of these 2 sisters! Both look lovely in every picture and all the very best to them for their married life ahead!
Shireen recently posted..Punjabi Kadhi Pakora RecipeMy Profile

Jyoti November 13, 2013 at 5:50 pm

You both look so pretty and beautiful!! i loved the clicks :) best wishes <3 <3
Jyoti recently posted..Hot Stuff To Wear This Winter !My Profile

Mads November 15, 2013 at 9:16 pm

You two are my favorite brides featured on P&B so far!! Your special bond as sisters just shines through. God bless you and your families with nothing but the best! Thanks for sharing your inspiring story. Loved your contrasting outfits, jewellery and makeup. Congratulations to the happy couples!

Namrata Shetty November 16, 2013 at 6:45 pm

Falling short of words to praise the sister duo. All I can say is..now on I will stop cribbing about small things in life and appreciate what I have. You both look great in all the pics.
Wish you both a very happy married life.
Namrata Shetty recently posted..Indianized Gown ( Oct 2013)My Profile

Chris December 15, 2013 at 11:43 pm

My favorite Real Brides story. Hats off to these sisters for their courage and strength.
Chris recently posted..Quick Review: Darling Girl Cosmetics- Dipping My Toe InMy Profile