The Bridal Files (SIL Edition) : 1 Month to Go !

by mehak on November 7, 2013

in Bridal Blog, Bridal files countdown

bridal-lehenga2

If you are new to P&B you may want to first read this in sequence to know what its about

1. Bridal Files 6 Months to Go

10.The Wedding

11. One Year on….

12. The Bridal Files (SIl Edition ): 6 Months to go

13. The Bridal Files (SIL Edition) : 5 Months to go

14. The Bridal Files (SIL Edition) :4 Months to go

15. The Bridal Files (SIL Edition) : 2 Months to go

The countdown for my SIL’s Wedding is hot on our heels with just over a month to go for the festivities to begin . The wedding is end of December and today the bridal  lehenga for the feras and the outfit for the reception arrived YIPPPEEEEEE!!!

Everyone in the house (Read: Only me, im the only clothes crazy person) was waiting with bated breaths for that suit case to open and out popped a  beautiful coral colored raw silk lehenga with pearl and kundan work by Chamee and Palak from Mumbai. Its got white and gold work going up in alternate panels and a pretty, pearl dotted background. Its paired with a lemon choli and a lemon dupatta, along with a simple veil on the head. Its a simple, morning wedding with a big reception at night so in that sense this light lehenga is absolutely perfect and the colors are stunning!!! The reception outfit is a Manish Malhotra style anarkali lehenga in a raspberry pink done by one of our very talented family members who is also a designer !

The Big outfit Switcheroo

So here is the thing- the coral lehenga for wedding  is heavier than the anarkali-lehenga for reception that my sister in law has gotten. Plus the reception is a MUCH bigger affair than the morning wedding (Reception =600 people, Wedding= 250 people) ..so should she switch up her outfits and wear the coral lehenga for her reception and anarkali lehenga for the wedding??? Everyone in the house is convinced that she should, except her so she is giving this a think. Thoughts ladies?

For me- i have switched my outfits too . Remember i told you about the black embroidered jacket lehenga i bought. (I kinda think its heavier than the brides anarkali lehenga, but oh well. Im the newely married girl ok. Im allowed). Im not going to wear it for the wedding, ill wear that for the night reception. Firstly its black and in the daytime, black just looks wierd ! Secondly , its heavy and i want to reserve it for the bigger function. So now the question is..what do i wear for the wedding?

The boys dadi is super cute ! She saw this photo of me in a sari and now she is INSISTING thst i should wear a sari for the wedding, and honestly im quite happy to oblige ;) It means i get to go shopping for an extra item ..Yip- the pup- peeee….I cant buy saris without my mum though, so finding a timeslot where my mom doesnt have 100 things to do and i have a holiday is super difficult ! Sigh.

Maybe a sabya style saree like these in powder blue or pink!

Image courtesy: http://www.rediff.com/getahead/slide-show/slide-show-1-glamour-lfw-photos-was-this-the-greatest-sabyasachi-show-ever/20130828.htm#9

Or a satin saree in champagne?

or just a bright gota patti saree??  Lime and coral? Orange and Pink? Peach and Red?

Song Selections

Yayiee ! I dont have to dance on boring songs anymore like on my own wedding ! I can unabashedly shake my bootie (tooh?) to whatever the hell i want to dance on. Actually i would love to dance on Tooh- my new favourite song but the lyrics are a bit riske- specially since we have the boys side being slightly conservative Gujju’s ! So i told everyone that i want to dance  on something like Ghagra with 3 boys surrounding me  :p  According to my husband that is very shameless and i am a desperate attention seeker and i whole heartedly agree to that !

Good Bye Reception#2 Outfit

Remember i made my sister buy a simple but beautiful saree for her trousseau from Delhi (this is it below) which to my shock, she thought was appropriate enough to wear for her  second reception in Mumbai? Thank fully sense (and MIL)  has prevailed , and she is now keeping this as a trousseau piece ! Isnt it super stylish ! I love it. Infact its something like what i would have picked up for myself to wear for her morning event, but we cant have the same saris now can we? I shall borrow later !

pastelpink-saree

Best Friends Wedding is Next Week!

Its the year of marriages in our friends circle, and while one just ended …another one is up next week. Advantages of being married recently – you always have your trousseau to wear wiuthout worrying about new clothes!!! Stay tuned ill try and post my outfits for her sangeet and her morning wedding . Woohoo!

Rajbir Sandhu November 7, 2013 at 2:13 pm

I had enquired about bridal services but got no reply. Looking for a saree to wear.

mehak November 7, 2013 at 3:44 pm

Im sorry Rajbir i may have missed your email Can you write to mehak@bridesbypb.com

visakhi November 7, 2013 at 2:14 pm

U writein a way which is soo soooo funny that I was laughing like hell, that too in office.. Imagine a corporate girl laughing looking at the screen…
So now everyone here knows it u or say peachesandblush.com ………

mehak November 7, 2013 at 3:10 pm

Aww thanks visakhi! I was feeling low and you made my day!

Clothes and Creativity November 7, 2013 at 2:18 pm

I would personally recommend wearing a proper (read traditional style) lehenga for the wedding/pheras- so the coral one should do! I think Anarkalis are best suited for Receptions and other wedding related functions.

Also, you could go for a nice chiffon saree with a wide floral border and a floral blouse. Since the wedding is in December, the sleeves could be 3/4th. And as for accessories, go for huge chaand baalis ( I think that’s what they are called).
Clothes and Creativity recently posted..Another Festive OutfitMy Profile

mehak November 7, 2013 at 5:45 pm

Nice ! Im a big floral fan so will definitely give that a thought~
mehak recently posted..The Bridal Files (SIL Edition) : 1 Month to Go !My Profile

Mallika November 7, 2013 at 9:02 pm

Hey…I am getting married next april and got this powder pink chiffon saree made with a floral blouse….it looks splendid; esp with a contrast blouse!! So that would be a good thought for a morning function.

And your SIL should definitely not swap the outfits….I think they are better suited this way….and importantly the pictures will turn out much better with the colours in the sunlight!! :D

thedelhibride November 7, 2013 at 2:23 pm

You should buy yourself a gota patti sari for her wedding! And where’s that light pink sari from?! It’s so simple & pretty – such a rare find in Delhi! Tell me where it’s from so I can go and buy myself one right now!
thedelhibride recently posted..My Second Karva Chauth: In PicturesMy Profile

Supria November 7, 2013 at 3:30 pm

Gota patti saree in bright colours!!!
Supria recently posted..Macadamia Flawless – Hero or Zero?!My Profile

neha November 7, 2013 at 4:03 pm

i also think u should wear gota patti sari.in bangalore where i can buy gota patti sari?pls help me……
and what kind of blouse will go with it…………….

mehak November 7, 2013 at 5:46 pm

Hi Neha,
Im not sure about gotta pati sarees in bangalore, but any kind of blouse goes with them. You could do a plain gold since the gota is gold or you could do a bright contrast blouse with gota work

Harine Ashwin November 7, 2013 at 4:53 pm

Hi Mehak,

My husband knows yr SIL & her fiance. My husband did his MBA with yr SIL & was working with her fiance in Mumbai. We both are quite excited for their wedding. When I was once reading yr blog , to be precise http://www.peachesandblush.com/2013/06/the-bridal-files-sil-edition-trousseau-sarees-a-potential-engagement-outfit.html, he suddenly stopped me, & said hey I know her looking at yr SIL.
As Clothes & creativity mentioned, it would be good to go for lehenga for the wedding….
You can definitely wear a saree.. Am sure u ll look amazing :)

mehak November 7, 2013 at 5:44 pm

Thanks Harine!! Will i be seeing you at the wedding !???
mehak recently posted..P&B Real Brides: Meet Prerna!My Profile

Shikha November 7, 2013 at 4:55 pm

pink blue saree is gorgeous. Satin saree, I dont like it much. Sabya style saree looks far better. Buy a heavy gotta patti saree with sexy dori blouse.
Shikha recently posted..Tips & Toes Radium Eye Pencil – 6 shades swatchesMy Profile

Ananyaa November 7, 2013 at 4:59 pm

I would suggest you go for a lehenga sari..It’s a perfect mix of a traditional attire and modern style :) I think it would go perfectly for a morning wedding and since you are tall,you’ll be able to carry it off perfectly :D

Harine November 7, 2013 at 5:54 pm

Hi Mehak,

Not very sure if we ll be traveling.. We are in Chennai.. Latest trend in sarees is half & half… Had been to few saree shops recently for Diwali.. Most of the sarees were in this pattern..
See this link.

Go for bright colors because wedding is in morning right..

mehak November 7, 2013 at 5:59 pm

Yeah iv already done a TON of half half sarees recently so looking for something very different ! Stores in Delhi all have the same exact sarees like these and it gets quite annoying to find one unique piece thats different!

mehak November 7, 2013 at 6:00 pm

and too bad if you cant come :( But atleast yll hear all the stories here :)

Dia November 7, 2013 at 6:01 pm

Hi Mehak,
What about a song from Ram Leela? The film is based in Gujrat, so maybe it will gel well?
Can’t wait to see your outfit post. I’m sure whatever you choose, you’ll look great :)
Dia

mehak November 7, 2013 at 6:06 pm

I think we are already doing something from ras leela as a girls song :)

Harine November 7, 2013 at 6:09 pm

Yeah Mehak :) Just waiting to see what you guys are gonna be wearing ….Her makeup & accessories…
Hmmm u can try a Kancheepuram Silk saree, with a designer blouse with 3/4 th sleeves paired with antique temple jewellery.. would really love to see u in this… :)

mehak November 7, 2013 at 6:24 pm

Ooh you know what i would love too buy a kanchi. I dont own one (Hides face)..thats a really good idea !

Harine Ashwin November 7, 2013 at 6:44 pm

Never mind.. Come over to Chennai… We can go shopping :)

Shivi@COSMOCHICS November 7, 2013 at 7:03 pm

ah I just love wedding season in india and Bridal files of peaches&blush!
Me too preparing for my cousin’s wedding ceremony! so excited!
Shivi@COSMOCHICS recently posted..Colorbar Full Cover Concealer: Review & SwatchesMy Profile

CSP Ballal November 7, 2013 at 8:58 pm

I love these bridal files post. :) so much fun. :)

Mayuri November 7, 2013 at 11:25 pm

I love the way you write Mehak :) i think gota patti sari with a halter blouse would look good on you :)
Mayuri recently posted..Eyeliner trick tutorial: How to apply eye liner with the use of an eyelash curler! :)My Profile

Sonia November 7, 2013 at 11:47 pm

Same pinch to your SIL!! For a Dec wedding and a coral/ salmon pink silk lehenga from Chamee and Palak! Isnt their work simply gorgeous? Yayy! :D

Vineetha November 8, 2013 at 1:06 pm

Loved Loved the reception #2 outfit. Good choice Mehak!
Vineetha recently posted..Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar All-Star Mini x 4 Set Review, SwatchesMy Profile

Frances November 8, 2013 at 3:33 pm

Wedding shopping, when you’re pressed for time, is the absolute best! Your sister-in-law is lucky to have such a knowledgeable and enthusiastic shopping partner, it makes it so much more fun.

Thoughts: I’m not really feeling the satin saree as an wedding outfit option. I do like them, but they seem quite trendy and might look a bit dated in the pictures. I LOVE the Sabya-type saree idea, so dainty and demure and just really timeless and elegant. Also, a Kanjeevaram saree as Harine suggested is a great idea: fancy but not tacky, and traditional.

Your reception outfit sounds so nice, is it still mint/black or did you end up changing it? Mint and black would be divine. I love black or white at Indian events. It catches the eye simply because it’s not RED!GREEN!ORANGE!ALL THE COLOURS! so the whole effect is very chic and effortless. Will we get a makeup breakdown? *fingers crossed*

mehak November 8, 2013 at 7:13 pm

Haha sure !! ill have much more free time then so lots of posts

Amruta November 8, 2013 at 6:11 pm

The reception outfit is just too gorgeous !!
Amruta recently posted..Victoria’s Secret GiveawayMy Profile

Saraswathi Sneha N V November 9, 2013 at 10:43 am

Very informative !
Saraswathi Sneha N V recently posted..Do It Yourself – Winged Eye TutorialMy Profile

bharathi November 10, 2013 at 12:32 pm

Mehak :)

What Khushi is wearing is glamorous :) !! N Yes its too light for reception !!
and for you … Sabya satin saree cuz it’s New and fresh and it will be different in a Hyderabad wedding .. we have seen a alot of gotta paati !!! However I am sure u ll look stylish wteva u wear :)

Cheers :)
ps: c u at the wedding !

Harpz November 11, 2013 at 11:32 am

OMG.. the Sabya-style saree is a MUST have even if you’re not going to wear it!!!
Where can we buy these kinda sarees though?

Manali November 12, 2013 at 6:38 pm

wow this pink saree… seems like a love at first sight for me… unfortunately, sarees like these are so hard to find .. :( :(

sakshi November 20, 2013 at 5:51 pm

hey i hav dat pink saree lehenga dat i wore for my sister’s sagai. looks lovely with the messy side bun. but dat sabya saree was also pretty. where can we buy such saree