A Simple Neutral Eyeshadow Tutorial With Budget Eyeshadows !

by mehak on December 23, 2013

in Eye Makeup Looks, Makeup Tutorials

Did any of you women like Dhoom 3??  I mean hello..Dhoom is about eyecandy! Hrithik Roshan looking super hot walking down the street and all that jazz. I love you Aamir, you are a great actor and all but when i see a guy shirtless on screen tap dancing with some firang women, i need him to look like a greek god ok, no offense!  That apart, the first hour of the movie bored the life out of me and all i could think about was doing this, super simple eyeshadow tutorial that has been requested since i pretty much started this blog . On special request- this contains only budget products!

What I Used:

1. Maybelline Diamond Glow eyeshadow Quad in Copper Brown : I used this for the heck of it honestly, i dont like these quads at all they have really really poor pigmentation – but since this is a very subdued tutorial i thought i can get by

2. Matte Brown Eyeshadow: I swear by Mac Folie as a crease color. Its amazing- but any matte brown would do

3. 2 brushes: A flat shader brush from vega professional, and a rounded small blending brush

Peaches & Blush9

Step 1: Sweep the light beigey gold color (3rd from left) all over your eyelid

Step 2: Use the peachy shade (second from left) right in the centre

Peaches & Blush10

Step 3: With a matte brown eyeshadow make a boomerang like shape on the outer corner. When your open your eye it should look like this- with the matte brown extending towards lower lashline

Peaches & Blush11

Step 4: Get your blending brush out and blend blend blend ! Blend like a pro!

neutral-eyeshadow-tutorial-maybelline

Step 5: Add liner to the upper and lower lash line, mascara and done !

This is a nice, simple look for like a fancy work meeting, or even just a nice day time look with your friends ! Enjoy!

PS: What i did notice in Dhoom 3 is how pretty Katrina’s eyes looked. She had zero eyeshadow on most of the film- just the perfect, softly smudged kohl look. Im going to try and nail that and put up a tutorial on that as well!

Meghana December 23, 2013 at 11:37 pm

This looks super neat. I must try this.
on the water line, outer half looks darker than the inner half. is there any technique u have used.
Meghana recently posted..Christmas in London 2013 – Part 2My Profile

Xuvious December 23, 2013 at 11:41 pm

It just looks so neat and easy. ^_^
Xuvious recently posted..My Skincare RoutineMy Profile

Sumathi December 23, 2013 at 11:55 pm

I have this quad. Don’t like it that much. Pigmentation is not so good. But I do use the second colour a lot. It looks nice on me.
Nice tutorial. I mostly go for not so colourful subdued eye makeup and this looks very muchy type.
And soft smudged kohl looks really nice. It gives that kind of mild sultry look(dont know myself what I mean :p)
Sumathi recently posted..Christmas is on its WayMy Profile

Swati December 24, 2013 at 1:37 am

This one looks super simple and something one can do in a hurry too. And it will work for a lote of occasions. Looking forward to the smughed kohl look :)
Swati recently posted..Christmas Nail Art (Part 2)My Profile

Embellished December 24, 2013 at 8:49 am

This s really pretty! :)
Embellished recently posted..Christmas Outfit Ideas for 2013My Profile

Lisha December 24, 2013 at 11:17 am

What a gorgeous look! This is what I usually do whenever I’m in a hurry!
Lisha recently posted..Lakme Absolute Shine Line Liquid Eyeliner Black Swatches & ReviewMy Profile

Sana December 24, 2013 at 11:48 am

All your tutorials end up looking the same

mehak December 24, 2013 at 5:15 pm

True that ! I cant be bothered with complicated eye makeup looks using 6 eyeshadows

Zahra December 24, 2013 at 12:35 pm

Nice and neat :)

Haven’t checked out Katrina’s look in Dhoom 3 yet, but there’s a Lisa Eldridge tutorial that had me smudging kohl like a pro within a couple of attempts!! If a klutz like me can do it in two tries, you’re definitely gonna nail it in one, Mehak!! :-D Check for her tutorial on Kristen Stewart’s eye makeup :)

As always, great work with the blog! Merry Christmas and a rocking 2014 to you and P&B!
Zahra recently posted..Dude, what are YOU complaining about?My Profile

Krithi December 24, 2013 at 1:39 pm

its my kind of look :)
Krithi recently posted..Blog SaleMy Profile

Supria December 24, 2013 at 1:57 pm

I have been eyeing these palettes at boots for sometime now, this is a superb look. So simple yet beautiful.
Supria recently posted..2013 Amazing Finds – SkincareMy Profile

Aditi December 24, 2013 at 6:15 pm
Arzoo December 24, 2013 at 6:28 pm

I love the word budget, and this is an awesome tutorial Mehak.
Arzoo recently posted..Loreal Professionnel Pure Resource Citramine Shampoo ReviewMy Profile

Amruta December 24, 2013 at 6:48 pm

Well done Mehak.. Very simple yet so beautiful :)
Amruta recently posted..Clinique Super City Block – ReviewMy Profile

Heena December 24, 2013 at 9:12 pm

I’m So Glad Mehak You Teach Basics.. Which Are Hard To Find These Days.. Thanku.. Such a Pretty EOTD :)
Heena recently posted..Three Products I Regret BuyingMy Profile

Amani Zaara December 25, 2013 at 3:01 am

Lol I reviewed this same product yest.. It’s quite good. N nice tutorial dear..
Amani Zaara recently posted..Maybelline Diamond Glow Eyeshadow quad- 01 Copper Brown review nswatchesMy Profile

sahana December 25, 2013 at 4:38 pm

Love it! Simply yet pretty.
sahana recently posted..5 Best Michelle Phan Videos That I LoveMy Profile

mounica December 25, 2013 at 10:52 pm

I was never an eyshadow girl cuz Idk I am afraid of looking like a panda …lol :D this seems easy, I am gonna try this .. great tut Mehak !

Pallavi December 26, 2013 at 3:31 pm

That looks so amazing, also please let me know which eyeliner are you using in this one. it looks so neat.. I am not able to able to find a good eyeliner.
Thanks

Blushnblossom December 27, 2013 at 7:04 pm

This is so simple and easy yet looks gorgeous…… I will be definitely going to try this. I usually not do any eye makeup only stay with kohl and eyeliner when I am in hurry but I think from now I will try to do this eye look. It is perfect for those moments when you can’t be late.
Blushnblossom recently posted..LAKMÉ ABSOLUTE CREMÉ Soft Coral : swatches and reviewMy Profile

Mayuri December 28, 2013 at 3:33 am
Richa February 23, 2014 at 8:26 pm

This is very beautiful!
Richa recently posted..Product Review : Rimmel London Lasting Finish Lipstick 164 TantrumMy Profile