Bridal Files (SIL Edition) : A Quick Update!

by mehak on December 30, 2013

in Bridal files countdown

Phew ! You know how when you ride back to back rollercoasters, and roam around the amusement park the entire day, everything feels sore the next day???? Thats how i feel at the moment, its been a hectic hectic wedding and yesterday all the wedding festivities finally closed with the feras in the morning and a reception-cum-sangeet in the evening. For the record, the bride looked super, SUPER stunning !!! Her makeup artist  was absolutely fabulous and all her outfits looked super pretty ! A lemon and coral lehenga for the morning pheras and a hot pink and peach anarkali for the reception! She did a teal one piece outfit with a waist belt for the mehendi and a jacket sari for the karaoke night

I dont even know why i am so exhausted i really didnt do much work- my only responsibility was to get the bride ready for her mehendi and karaoke night, and co-ordinate dances (I danced on Diliwali Girlfriend , Radha, Nagada Sang Dhol and Chingam) , but its been exhausting. A quick sneak peak into what i have on my Iphone (Detailed posts shall follow when the official photographs come out !) .

bride-indian-wedding

PS: Are you a bride to be?  We would love to follow your wedding planning updates and shopping experiences! Write in to peachesandblush (at) gmail (dot) com – whether you are a south indian bride hunting for the perfect kanjeevaram or a punjabi bride hunting for her dream lehenga, we would love to feature your experiences in your bridal files!

bridezilla December 30, 2013 at 3:18 pm

Thanks for posting this Mehak! Have been wondering how things went.
From what I can see in the pictures, it all looks lovely!

Sumathi December 30, 2013 at 3:21 pm

My condition was the same after my brother’s wedding. I was sleeping for an entire week after that..
The mehendi design is very pretty.. And your saree looks gorgeous..
Would love to see more pics :)
Sumathi recently posted..“My Luscious Lips” Contest: Entry 11 – SufiaMy Profile

Gowthami December 30, 2013 at 3:37 pm

Wow! beautiful mehindi design and I like saree very much!
Gowthami recently posted..Vega Angular Blender Brush Review and EOTDMy Profile

Manasi December 30, 2013 at 3:39 pm

Awwww….. the mehendi design is so beautiful!! and your lovely white sari with pink border and silver work is awesome :) Also the bride’s lehenga(I guess) in peach is also pretty :)
Manasi recently posted..I Love… Lemons & Limes bubble bath and shower gel :ReviewMy Profile

Shikha December 30, 2013 at 3:47 pm

I loved her lehenga and mehendi is beautiful..please tell me about mehendi artist… I am thinking of going to Hanuman Mandir CP to check out mehndi wala’s.
You are looking so thin in saree pic.. waiting for detail post and jhoomar pics too.
Shikha recently posted..Green Lehenga is mine.. yeaahhhMy Profile

Shivi@COSMOCHICS December 30, 2013 at 4:25 pm

Left hand top lehenga! “GORGEOUS”!!!!
You too looking amazing in the above pic!

Clothes and Creativity December 30, 2013 at 4:45 pm

Waiting for the detailed post! BTW your SIL’s coral lehenga looks super!
Clothes and Creativity recently posted..What I Wore to a Friend’s Wedding- Indian Outfit – Salwaar KameezMy Profile

Krithi December 30, 2013 at 4:49 pm

Hey Mehak
you look sexy man :P
Krithi recently posted..2013 Travelogue RecapMy Profile

nidhi December 30, 2013 at 5:15 pm

LOVE your bright blue outfit and the bride looks gorgeous in the Orange/Coral lehnga!! I love gota-patti work..
nidhi recently posted..Lakme Absolute Face Stylist Concealer ReviewMy Profile

Heena December 30, 2013 at 5:34 pm

The Mehandi Design is Really Adorable n You Look Lovely!
Heena recently posted..Lakme Eyeconic Kajal “Grey” and “White”: Review, Swatches, EOTDMy Profile

Harine December 30, 2013 at 6:04 pm

Mehak , yr blue dress is awesome… :) Pics look so good. waiting for the main post…
Harine recently posted..Trip to Macau and Hongkong- Day 8, Part 2 Ladies Market, Mongkok & Bidding Adieu to HongkongMy Profile

Kayennat December 30, 2013 at 6:15 pm

Congratulations to the bride and her family. It will take you a few days to recover from all the festivities lol :)
Kayennat recently posted..A (late) CHRISTMAS POSTMy Profile

Meghana December 30, 2013 at 6:42 pm

I have always wanted to attend a north Indian wedding. Everything seems so full of energy. Never have I got a chance so far. :). loved the small glimpses.
Meghana recently posted..2013 Flashback of Happiest LadiesMy Profile

Arzoo December 30, 2013 at 6:57 pm

You look gorgeous Mehak :)
Arzoo recently posted..Innisfree It’s Real Olive Mask ReviewMy Profile

Lisha December 30, 2013 at 7:01 pm

wiiii I was eagerly waiting for the pics. U look drop dead gorgeous. Looking forwards to the official pics :D
Lisha recently posted..The Body Shop Vanilla Bliss Body Butter ReviewMy Profile

Crazy Indian Bride December 30, 2013 at 7:14 pm

Love your makeup in the close up picture and the blue anarkali!

The bride looks pretty! Cant wait to see the full picture.
Crazy Indian Bride recently posted..The Year That Was…Flashback 2013My Profile

Abhilasha December 30, 2013 at 7:38 pm

Makes me relive my wedding ceremony :)
you all look super..congratulations n lots of luck to the bride…I cant wait for all the details and loads of pictures..
Happy new year to all of you :)
keep the prettyness coming
Abhilasha recently posted..Forest Essentials At Amanora Mall And Warm ConverstionsMy Profile

sahana December 30, 2013 at 7:43 pm

Awww, so cute! And I love that mirror selfie of yours!
sahana recently posted..Best New Years Eve Makeup Tutorial Videos – 5 FavoritesMy Profile

D's Mom December 30, 2013 at 7:52 pm

Can’t wait to see more pics Mehak.
You’re looking gorgeous and your SIL’s lehenga is droolworthy!!!
D’s Mom recently posted..Of Spiderman and Mysore pakMy Profile

Poorani December 30, 2013 at 8:17 pm

You look super thin in the mirror photo. You should teach me how you maintain yourself so well. My arms look like logs and I am struggling to lose weight.

coralcrue December 31, 2013 at 5:37 pm

i second that, would love to know your keep fit tips and diet secrets! :) Happy new year to you :)
coralcrue recently posted..St.Ives Invigorating Apricot Facial Scrub ReviewMy Profile

khad December 30, 2013 at 8:58 pm

I loved all pics . :) waiting to read full descriptive posts ! :) I was waiting to see your jhoomar :) did u and ur SIL get similar jhoomar s ??
khad recently posted..♥Monday Morning Blues with Maybelline Color Show Nail Paint in ” Ladies Night ” | Review | Photos ♥My Profile

Supria December 30, 2013 at 10:00 pm

Love the anarkali you are wearing :)
Supria recently posted..My Hair Tools – Most & Least UsedMy Profile

Jane December 30, 2013 at 11:37 pm

Love that jewellery thing on your head. So pretty. Gotta be honest , not loving your saree draping..I think its taking away the elegance of that saree..! Maybe its this picture? I dont know.

The bride looks cute as a button in that mehendi picture.

mehak December 31, 2013 at 6:32 pm

Hey Jane !
Aww you dont love the drape. Il upload the full pic soon- i wasnt entirely sure about it either but it wad the perfect saree to experiment with since the pallu is the only thing that had work on it so went for it !
mehak recently posted..The Pantone Color Of the Year 2014 is…My Profile

Marathi Weddings December 31, 2013 at 8:57 am

Last week has been equally tiring for me. My friend’s 3 days long wedding last weekend, christmas celebrations and pre new year parties.. All this with full time office! My leg still hurts.. But I love this season!

Waiting to see your mint and black outfit!!
Marathi Weddings recently posted..Wedding OOTD: Friend’s EngagementMy Profile

Pooja December 31, 2013 at 9:01 am

Lovely pics Mehek! Your SIL is looking like fresh dew! Congrats to her. Loved your blue outfit, but somehow that saree drape hasnt done justice to your personality. Waiting to see the full post! Happy New Year in advance!

Pooja

Shreya December 31, 2013 at 10:44 am

Awesome pictures dear ! and you are looking absolutely stunning ….waiting for more pictures
Shreya recently posted..The Best of 2013 : BlushesMy Profile

Meghana December 31, 2013 at 11:27 am

Loved the mehadi pics :)
Meghana recently posted..The Nature’s Co Walnut – Mint Foot Scrub ReviewMy Profile

Rashmi December 31, 2013 at 1:41 pm

Great pics sweetie…you are looking awesome Mehak…:-) <3
Rashmi recently posted..Harmful Chemicals Used In Beauty Products…Warning!My Profile

Blushnblossom December 31, 2013 at 5:55 pm

You look so gorgeous….. and your sil looking so beautiful….. and pretty….. can’t wait to see official pictures……
Blushnblossom recently posted..NEW YEAR’s EVE : Five gorgeous hairstyles to rock the partyMy Profile

Malvika December 31, 2013 at 8:27 pm

Love the mehendi… Getting married in Hyderabad in a month and would love to know who did the mehendi for ur SIL.

mehak January 1, 2014 at 1:14 pm

This girl called Bhavna…
Though mine was done by this guy called Mujju (Mujahid). He is beyond brilliant !

Malvika January 2, 2014 at 7:15 am

Could I please get the number for both of them?

Amani Zaara December 31, 2013 at 9:14 pm

Aww the bride is sooo cute n pretty..
Amani Zaara recently posted..Fab Bag (vellvette) December 2013 reviewMy Profile

Saraswathi Sneha N V January 1, 2014 at 1:42 pm

OMG ! Stunning pictures :D
Saraswathi Sneha N V recently posted..MAC VIVA GLAM VI lipstickMy Profile

Priyanka Singh January 3, 2014 at 2:44 pm

All the outfits look gr8..but simply love the blue outfit…plz paste a bigger picture of that dress…want something like this for my cousin’s roka function… did u buy it from somewhere..or got it made from any boutique…Do reply..:)

mehak January 3, 2014 at 2:58 pm

Hi Priyanka,
Its from a boutique. Ill be psting detaled snaps in a while

Tashu January 13, 2014 at 12:37 am

Two weeks gone already
When r u going to post ALLL the wedding pics Mehakkk
Waitingggg….

mehak January 13, 2014 at 12:58 pm

its going to take some time …waiting for wedding pics to come plus soemthing else we are launcghing!

herindianthought February 7, 2014 at 10:37 pm

The bride looks so pretty! As do you Mehak! Especially in that pink saree / lehenga!
herindianthought recently posted..3 Lies Women Often Say To Please Future In LawsMy Profile