Bridal Files (SIL Edition): One Week to Go !

by Mehak Shahani on December 23, 2013

in Bridal Blog, Bridal fashion, Bridal files countdown

If you are new to P&B you may want to first read this in sequence to know what its about

1. Bridal Files 6 Months to Go

11. One Year on….

12. The Bridal Files (SIl Edition ): 6 Months to go

13. The Bridal Files (SIL Edition) : 5 Months to go

14. The Bridal Files (SIL Edition) :4 Months to go

15. The Bridal Files (SIL Edition) : 2 Months to go

16. The Bridal Files (SIL Edition): 1 Month to go

Its counting down to 7 days for the Big Wedding Day and i am freaking OUT. Im not the bride i know, so i shouldnt be freaking out like this but im freaking out because i leave for Hyderabad tommorow and NONE of my outfits are with me . NONE. I picked up a blush pink and red sari for the morning wedding, but the blouse is still being worked on and i shall get it minutes before my flight. My black and mint jacket is ready but the designer is all the way in Faridabad and i have not had a single moment even to breathe honestly ! So that i have to do tommorow as well, but if that wasnt enough- i have to also book a clients lehenga tommorow. So i have no idea how im going to manage so much in one day and still reach Hyderabad with all my clothes

The Jhoomar hunt

So, i want to wear a jhoomar for the wedding with my saree, because my saree has that ‘Old world’ kind of feel to it ! Wait- did i show you guys my saree?

saree-white-red

Thats the pallu- its not exactly white how its looking in the photo- its actually like blush, pale blush pink. The main saree is plain.

Coming to the Jhoomar- My SIL also wants to wear a jhoomar for the night reception. So since she could not find anything in Hyderabad or Mumbai, i found some options in BG;s in Delhi. The problem- they were all more than 5000 bucks ! Are you kidding me? Did they increase their prices after the ‘Jhoomar bhi mein bhool gaee’ song or something?

jhoomar-diaries

I loved the first one – the huge one but im not shelling out 7k for a piece of metal ok ??? Anyway so i went to one of my favourite accessory shops in Shahpur Jat and found a nice enough one for about 1800 bucks. It had pearls and gold and it fit the bill- except the lady at the shop is now no longer accessible. She isnt taking my calls, she isnt replying to messages and my Jhoomar is with her. Ughhh !Its so frustrating ! Ladies- if you know of some place that would have a nice jhoomar please do let me know im desperate here !!!!

What Will The Boy Wear?

Its his sisters wedding, and shopping for anything for him is tremendously frustrating. You know those kids who have an attention span of 3 minutes ? When it comes to shopping- thats him. He will enter a shop- try 2 things and say- ok we are done, lets go eat now ..or lets go watch a movie or whatever . So a month back his mom and dad came over to stay in Delhi and we took this golden opportunity to help him buy something.

We first headed to Gopalsons in CP which by the way has some amazing things for guys !!  My father in law fell in love with this jacket which i absolutely hated and i fell in love with a suit that my father in law didnt think was too special. Sigh. It was one funny, funny, experience. He made the boy try on his favourite piece- a black velvet and silk striped suit with purple lines and silver buttons – and my eyes widened with horror !!!

But finally we sorted everything out- the boy is wearing a black bandhgala with either simple black pants, or if it were upto me, grey afghani trousers (These are insanely cool- they look like what Alibaba would wear i tell you!) , and he is wearing what he wore for our engagement in the morning wedding.

Songs Selections

We are feeling so out of the wedding festivities because we are sitting in Delhi, working everyday while everyone is rejoicing and practicing in Hyderabad :( But anyway, so the night function is when we perform, and both me and him hate overly romantic numbers (Even for our wedding we did Tum Mile which was peppy and fast), so we are currently shortlisting some nice, fun songs that we can dance on. I actually told my dad in law that i want to do a dance with 3 boys dancing around me (My husband and two of his cousins)/ chasing me but now i think thats a bit shameless ill stick to my favourite boy ! So far i have -Radha (Alia Bhatt song) and Ghagra (Madhuri Dixit) song as options

Whats up with the bride?

It is her wedding after all, not mine. Honestly i have no idea. Our bride is some what of a super woman- she is managing a gazillion things at one time. Not only is she coordinating with Hyderabad people sitting in Mumbai, she is picking up every single family members outfits from Mumbai, she is overseeing all the interiors of her husbands new home, picking out furniture as well as preparing for the wedding. She finally flew to Hyderabad for the wedding a couple of days back and the girl is looking EXHAUSTED !!! She needs some very well deserved spa treatments that her sister in law (aka me) will take her to , and accompany her while shes there. Hey i need some TLC too ok????

Over and Out. I need to figure what the hell to do with the emergency jhoomar situation at the moment.

Shikha December 23, 2013 at 11:01 am

I love such colors in saree and those jhoomers are sooooo pretty.. waiting to see your how pretty you look..
Boys don’t care, I am getting panic attacks since guy has not finalized any of his outfit and he is so casual about it.. kuch bhi pehen lenge… ******… its our wedding.. bang my head on the wall
Shikha recently posted..Shopping Rajouri Garden, Delhi – Handbags, Clutches and footwearMy Profile

Ankita Singh December 23, 2013 at 2:29 pm

My guy actually told me just a week before our engagement: “It’s only a dinner party for close family na, stop obsessing over my clothes.”!!! He went to buy clothes with his mom only when I threatened to bite his head off and then call off the engagement…. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Shivi@COSMOCHICS December 23, 2013 at 11:01 am

Gd luck with ur jhoomar hunt! hope u find something which you love! I loved the first jhoomar in the pic and that saree is lovely :)

shayonee December 23, 2013 at 11:12 am

Hey Mehak!

What a coincidence- even I am flying to Hyderabad tom for a friend’s wedding!

Love the color of the saree and the jhoomar is definitely a nice addition. Would love to see the whole look. Please put up pics.

I am trying out a new design for my blouse- a sleeveless mandarin collar. Hope it’s gonna work :)

mehak December 23, 2013 at 11:54 am

Ooh sounds fab shayo!
Im doing a simple blouse because im wearing the saree in a different drape!
mehak recently posted..Bridal Files (SIL Edition): One Week to Go !My Profile

shayonee December 23, 2013 at 11:56 am

Nice!! Cannot wait to see the pics!

mehak December 23, 2013 at 12:00 pm

Btw- what if we are going to the same wedding !!! : O

shayonee December 23, 2013 at 2:06 pm

that would have been awesome- but it’s not :( I will send you pics. Definitely not a pro like you at styling but nevertheless :)

Lisha December 23, 2013 at 11:13 am

The first jhoomar is so so pretty! I hope you manage to get the one u finally bought! I believe in miracles u knw :p the saree is gorgeous and I can feel the excitement reading ur post. Just remember calm down,smile and make sure to click hundreds of pics for us lol
Lisha recently posted..L’Oreal Paris Glam Shine Lip Crayon Pomegranate Punch : Review, Swatches & PicturesMy Profile

Swati December 23, 2013 at 11:26 am

Hi Mehak,

I know this girl in shapurjat who did my entire wedding jewellery. From engagement to mehandi to shaadi. And she is very good. She can customise stuff for you too.

Do get in touch with her, she does last minute orders with big smiles too!! :D
Store Name : Suhana

Yeeey !!!

mehak December 23, 2013 at 11:56 am

Haha shes the one doing my jhoomar. SHe just called saying she is dropping it to my place !

Swati December 23, 2013 at 12:19 pm

lol ! aww !!! Okay !!
She’s lovely ! Anything but unprofessional .. as long as my experience goes with her !!

Ankita Agrawal December 23, 2013 at 6:07 pm

Hey Mehak

Can you give me contact details of that person. I want to get a Jhoomer too…

mehak December 23, 2013 at 7:09 pm

HI ankita- shes is shahpurjat…google suhana art and jewels

xuvious December 23, 2013 at 11:51 am

Just reading all that gave me anxiety!! You desperately need a time turner! ;)
xuvious recently posted..My Skincare RoutineMy Profile

Yashi December 23, 2013 at 12:02 pm

Hey Mehak! I absolutely love your saree!! where from? I’ve been hunting for something similar for a while!

mehak December 23, 2013 at 12:05 pm

Hi yashi..its from where my lehenga was from
frontier raas…i got a good deal..it was supposed to be like 38k which is way overpriced for tis saree but i got it at 50 off

Yashi December 23, 2013 at 12:09 pm

It’s absolutely stunning! and you’re gonna look gorgeous in it :-) And don’t worry.. everything will get done.. what’s a shaadi without a little bit of last minute running around!

Anamika December 23, 2013 at 12:40 pm

hey mahek… you can try jhoomer from ebay.in they have few pieces at decent price

Arunima Singh December 23, 2013 at 1:25 pm

Wow that’s some kind of last minute craziness before very wedding. I love the first Jhoomar, I hope you get access to the lady. Hyderabad is the city where I got married, do not forget to have some authentic Hyderabad biryani and khubbani ka meetha :-)
Arunima Singh recently posted..Smart And Fashionable outfits for Christmas. Go stylish this Festive Season…!!!My Profile

Blushnblossom December 23, 2013 at 2:38 pm

Wow……. so much craziness……. don’t worry I know you will mange to do all the things before your flight…… and seriously your SIL is managing gazillion things……. don’t forget to click as many as pics possible for us…..lol
Blushnblossom recently posted..BEAUTY TIPS : Keep glowing this winterMy Profile

kayennat December 23, 2013 at 3:29 pm

Weddings are so much fun! You’ll have a great time. I guess the last minute running around and co-ordinating is the most fun bit. Congratulations to your sister in law and family :)
kayennat recently posted..OUTFIT OF THE DAY featuring the mommyMy Profile

Supria December 23, 2013 at 3:33 pm

Love the saree Mehak… can’t wait to see pictures! :)
Supria recently posted..2013 Amazing Finds – SkincareMy Profile

Marathi Weddings December 23, 2013 at 3:41 pm

Lovely saree. Waiting for the pictures. I liked the second jhoomar more!
Marathi Weddings recently posted..Anniversary Update & Dinner date OOTDMy Profile

puruskrity December 23, 2013 at 4:48 pm

i absolutely love ur saree its such a pretty color btw even i have a similar saree in blush pink !
you are a superwomen trust me and i am sure u will be able to make it with the jhoomar and the outfits too :)
i am in need of a good designer in fbd if u dunt mind can i know yours? where is she located?

Meghana December 23, 2013 at 4:44 pm

what will the boy wear part was so much fun to read. :)
Meghana recently posted..Christmas in London 2013 – Part 1My Profile

Manali December 23, 2013 at 5:26 pm

Wow… beautiful saree and that jhoomar idea sounds so exciting.. cant wait to check out your complete look!!!
Manali
Manali recently posted..Shaadi Trends 2013 …. what are you wearing ???My Profile

Amruta December 23, 2013 at 5:40 pm

Gosh.. how are you even managing all that ?
Amruta recently posted..Clinique Super City Block – ReviewMy Profile

Arzoo December 23, 2013 at 6:35 pm

Awesome Mehak, have fun, so it’s your SIL wedding, have loads of fun and enjoy.
Arzoo recently posted..Home Remedies To Cure Grey HairMy Profile

Krithi December 23, 2013 at 8:42 pm

yooo super woman u r :)
Krithi recently posted..Blog SaleMy Profile

Priyanjana December 23, 2013 at 9:55 pm

wooww!! love the jhoomars!
Priyanjana recently posted..Simple “Merry Christmas” wallpaper freeMy Profile

Harine December 23, 2013 at 9:59 pm

yr saree is finally here Mehak :) good…. have fun :)
Harine recently posted..Trip to Macau & Hongkong – Day 8, Part1 Chi Lin Nunnery and Nan Lian GardensMy Profile

sana December 24, 2013 at 9:43 am

Hi Mehak,

You can get the Jhoomar Exactly like first pic in Lad Bazaar, Charminar, Hyderabad and you can find even more beautiful jhoomars over there, Try going there it will take hardly some minutes and you can find so many jhoomars as soon as you enter the shops, and we in hyderabad call it side maang ka tikka.

Crazy Indian Bride December 24, 2013 at 12:22 pm

Absolutely love the saree!!! *me wants!* and the 1st jhoomar looks great on you!

Your SIL sounds like a super-bride! Have fun!! Can’t wait to see pictures!
Crazy Indian Bride recently posted..Notice!!My Profile

Diya December 24, 2013 at 8:37 pm

Hi Mehak, the saree looks very pretty! Where did you get it from?

Heena December 24, 2013 at 10:06 pm

Excited To See Your Outfit Post :)
Heena recently posted..Upcoming Tutorial: Smudged Eye KohlMy Profile

Amani Zaara December 25, 2013 at 3:04 am

I love jhoomars.. It’s must in our tradition.. I loved the 1st one..
Amani Zaara recently posted..Maybelline Diamond Glow Eyeshadow quad- 01 Copper Brown review nswatchesMy Profile

Anupama eyyunni December 26, 2013 at 6:46 pm

I love the pale color of your saree and adored the first jhoomar :)
Anupama eyyunni recently posted..Lakme Lip Love Lipstick Peach Hug : Review and SwatchMy Profile

Mayuri December 28, 2013 at 3:31 am

the jhoomar in the first pic is so pretty :) hope your jhoomar hunt ends soon and you get what you are looking for! Enjoy the wedding :)
Mayuri recently posted..Review: The Balm Cosmetics Mary-Lou Manizer – best highlighter I have come across!My Profile