Have You Checked Out My Envy Box?

by Mehak Shahani on December 18, 2013

in Uncategorized

my-envy-box

My Envy Box Review

What are your plans for New Years Eve ladies??Me and my friends go to this place every year for new years (Magique for those in Delhi) , but after 3 successive years  of going there we decided we should try something different, except noone really has any clue where else to go? So im sitting on the 18th, with absolutely nowhere to go and prices that are rising faster than a Diwali Rocket !   So if you have your plans all sorted and are  planning to get all dolled up and go to some fab party then i am supremely jealous because for the first time in about 4 years, i have zero plans at the moment ! Nil . Nada. Zilch.

Talking about jealousy, the people over at the My Envy Box think their box is going to do just that. Make all the girls around you envious- they should have made it green dont you think?  (I have to say, the only time im going to be jealous of a box, is if it has like Ryan Gosling jumping out from it ..*mental image*)

But coming back to the point, My Envy Box is basically the latest of these ‘ Sample Box’ concepts which is an Indo-French box service. You guys know the drill by now- pay a monthly fee, get a box of luxury sample sized products that you can use and then once yv used up your samples and you feel like you totally love some of them, you can log on to the site and actually buy the full sized product! Kind of like Blisscovered and Velvette Box etc !

I think its hard to really ‘ review’ a box service without being a consistent member but this is what my box contained:

- Roberto Cavalli Perfume Sample

- Avene Eau Thermale Emulsion

- Remy Laure Eye Contour Cream

- Remy laure Eye Contour Gel

- Remy Laure Eye Contour Mask

- Elle Magazine (Yes, the full magazine)

- Bonne Marie Strawberry Preserve

my-envy-box-1

myenvybox1 my-envy-box11 my-envy-box-3 my-envy-box-contents4-001

myenvybox-001

Overall this is what i thought:

- Right now i am in the process of experimenting with a lot of skincare, so it was a fun box for me because the Remy Laure stuff was the kind of things i wanted to try at the moment ! Plus they have Shiseido, Loccitane etc on board so kudos for that

- The sample sizes are 5ml to 10 ml, but honestly i dont care about how big or small the samples are- the essence of the boxes is to make you ‘try’ something and there was enough inside for a weeks use atleast!

- I specially liked the little cards with information that they put into it- definitely something useful and interesting to read.

- Infact i even got a full  Elle Magazine with my box along with a cute little tub of strawberry preserve (which the boy has devoured). So super high points for the Elle Magazine that was a nic e surprise !

- To me whats impressive is that they are one of the few box brands that have actually tied up with the Original brands- i dont know if many of you know this, but a lot of box services in India buy samples illegally from the grey market (heck, forget samples a lot of top Indian websites do that ..lets not get into names) so its nice to see someone who has gone about it the right way.

- I also like that they have like special curated boxes like ‘ The Goa Box’ or ‘ The Elle Magazine Box’.

- What could be better: I definitely think they need some makeup in there- its going to be hard since sample sizes in makeup dont exist but i dont know maybe they can find a way out? I definitely would like to have a bit of color in my box for me to continue subscription!

My Envy box is priced at Rs 850/- .

Gowthami December 18, 2013 at 10:47 am

Eye products looks tempting to me! I wish the same, some makeup products addition would be better!!
Gowthami recently posted..Review : Herbal Essences hello Hydration 2 in 1 Shampoo + ConditionerMy Profile

Manasi December 18, 2013 at 10:52 am

Products are good….but I feel the same that makeup products should be added….. :)
Manasi recently posted..Want him?? Know him..Judge him..Get him!!!My Profile

Arzoo December 18, 2013 at 11:14 am

Such an interesting box, loved all the products.
Arzoo recently posted..Help in Changing Facebook Page NameMy Profile

Sumathi December 18, 2013 at 11:14 am

Looks tempting. And Ryan Gosling jumping out of the box :P That would be super duper Awesome :D
There would be riots for the box then :P
Sumathi recently posted..“My Luscious Lips” Contest: Entry 5 – MadhubaniMy Profile

NIDHI December 18, 2013 at 11:18 am

I love the strawberry preserve jar..am a sucker for anything vintage looking :)
NIDHI recently posted..Maybelline Cheeky Glow Blush Creamy Cinnamon,Peachy Sweetie,Fresh Coral – Swatches and ReviewMy Profile

Shikha December 18, 2013 at 11:28 am

I planned a lot last year and eventually spend new year eve in blanket watching TV.. so no plans this time.. eye SPA products looks interesting
Shikha recently posted..Lehenga LOVE (few that I own and few more that I want)My Profile

Lisha December 18, 2013 at 11:44 am

Strawberry preserve in a beauty box?? Err really? Lol I would think sumone was playing a prank on me! Nevertheless im really liking the samples but a bit more makeup will always be appreciated :)
Lisha recently posted..Inglot AMC Cream Blush 83 Review, Swatches & PicturesMy Profile

Clothes and Creativity December 18, 2013 at 12:10 pm

A little bit of make-up would have been more interesting! How’s the perfume?
And even I don’t have any NYE plans (as of now)! :/
Clothes and Creativity recently posted..Nykaa Haul: Making the most of GOSFMy Profile

Mrittika December 18, 2013 at 12:26 pm

I got the perfume as a gift and have been using it for a month. I absolutely love the perfume. Its very feminine without being too foral.

Blushnblossom December 18, 2013 at 12:26 pm

OMG…… I envy you for that box…..lol….. just kidding…… I love that strawberry preserve….. I think the bix should contain more makeup stuff…… and of course they have to be more creative with the box look…… and don’t worry me and my family and friends always plan everything for new year but in the end do something else……. so just let it be….. I am sure you will have lots of fun on new year…..lots of love to you
Blushnblossom recently posted..L’ORÉAL PARIS KAJAL MAGIQUE supreme black : swatches and review.My Profile

Poorani December 18, 2013 at 2:30 pm

Not to be a pest but it is Bonne Maman not Marie.

mehak December 18, 2013 at 2:56 pm

Oops. Sorry!

Embellished December 18, 2013 at 3:08 pm

This looks really good! I’d love to try out some skincare
Embellished recently posted..Christmas Outfit Ideas for 2013My Profile

Supria December 18, 2013 at 4:51 pm

Avene is an awesome brand! Their products are pretty popular.
Supria recently posted..Quick work makeup update – FOTDMy Profile

beautifulandconfidentyou December 18, 2013 at 9:06 pm

Cooooooooooolllll items
beautifulandconfidentyou recently posted..Happiness and Good ByesMy Profile

Appu December 18, 2013 at 9:24 pm

Makeup products are missing :(
Appu recently posted..Shopping Experience with KKCenterhk.com – Website Review-HAUL postMy Profile

Amani zaara December 18, 2013 at 10:30 pm

Lovely products.. Worth the price..
Amani zaara recently posted..Maybelline the FALSIES Volume Express waterproof mascaraMy Profile

Swati December 19, 2013 at 1:13 am

I am definitely trying this out soon!
Swati recently posted..Elle 18 Color Pops Lipstick, Coral Shine : ReviewMy Profile

Namitha December 19, 2013 at 7:58 pm

Strawberry and Elle magazine? Such little gestures make the product score more ;) Skincare all the way!
Namitha recently posted..Pond’s Silk Cream ReviewMy Profile