My Envy Box Review
What are your plans for New Years Eve ladies??Me and my friends go to this place every year for new years (Magique for those in Delhi) , but after 3 successive years of going there we decided we should try something different, except noone really has any clue where else to go? So im sitting on the 18th, with absolutely nowhere to go and prices that are rising faster than a Diwali Rocket ! So if you have your plans all sorted and are planning to get all dolled up and go to some fab party then i am supremely jealous because for the first time in about 4 years, i have zero plans at the moment ! Nil . Nada. Zilch.
Talking about jealousy, the people over at the My Envy Box think their box is going to do just that. Make all the girls around you envious- they should have made it green dont you think? (I have to say, the only time im going to be jealous of a box, is if it has like Ryan Gosling jumping out from it ..*mental image*)
But coming back to the point, My Envy Box is basically the latest of these ‘ Sample Box’ concepts which is an Indo-French box service. You guys know the drill by now- pay a monthly fee, get a box of luxury sample sized products that you can use and then once yv used up your samples and you feel like you totally love some of them, you can log on to the site and actually buy the full sized product! Kind of like Blisscovered and Velvette Box etc !
I think its hard to really ‘ review’ a box service without being a consistent member but this is what my box contained:
- Roberto Cavalli Perfume Sample
- Avene Eau Thermale Emulsion
- Remy Laure Eye Contour Cream
- Remy laure Eye Contour Gel
- Remy Laure Eye Contour Mask
- Elle Magazine (Yes, the full magazine)
- Bonne Marie Strawberry Preserve
Overall this is what i thought:
- Right now i am in the process of experimenting with a lot of skincare, so it was a fun box for me because the Remy Laure stuff was the kind of things i wanted to try at the moment ! Plus they have Shiseido, Loccitane etc on board so kudos for that
- The sample sizes are 5ml to 10 ml, but honestly i dont care about how big or small the samples are- the essence of the boxes is to make you ‘try’ something and there was enough inside for a weeks use atleast!
- I specially liked the little cards with information that they put into it- definitely something useful and interesting to read.
- Infact i even got a full Elle Magazine with my box along with a cute little tub of strawberry preserve (which the boy has devoured). So super high points for the Elle Magazine that was a nic e surprise !
- To me whats impressive is that they are one of the few box brands that have actually tied up with the Original brands- i dont know if many of you know this, but a lot of box services in India buy samples illegally from the grey market (heck, forget samples a lot of top Indian websites do that ..lets not get into names) so its nice to see someone who has gone about it the right way.
- I also like that they have like special curated boxes like ‘ The Goa Box’ or ‘ The Elle Magazine Box’.
- What could be better: I definitely think they need some makeup in there- its going to be hard since sample sizes in makeup dont exist but i dont know maybe they can find a way out? I definitely would like to have a bit of color in my box for me to continue subscription!
My Envy box is priced at Rs 850/- .
Subscribe Updates, Its FREE!