Mac Masterclass Brushes : Is That a Toothbrush??

by mehak on December 13, 2013

in MAC, Makeup trends

Be careful where you stock your makeup brushes, because the next time you wake up all groggy you just may find that you have squeezed out a tube of pepsodent over your rather expensive Mac  brush ! What am i talking about? Well the new range of Masterclass Makeup brushes from MAC (yet to launch in India) promise to be makeup brushes for the future!!! To me, they look like dinosaur sized toothbrushes, or I dont know shoe cleaning brushes…or puppy cleaning brushes or something.

These are yet to launch in india but thought i would give you a little heads up about how these look..ta-daaaaa

MAC-Masterclass-Brush-Collection Whaddya think of these Masterclass Brushes ? They make me giggle every time i see them!

Apparently, from what i have read these brushes work in gliding strokes of push or pull. Quoting from Musingsofamuse - ” Hold the handle between your thumb and fingers and place the brush at the beginning of the area of the face you are going to cover. Glide, pull or push if it feels more natural. Also notice that while you are using a Masterclass Brush, your hand is pointed away from the area you are trying to see. No more blocking the view, as with traditional brushes.

• Place, pull glide, push glide, shimmy
  • Glide, don’t grind.
  • Sweep strokes, don’t poke “

MAC-OVAL-6-Brush

This  little darling is the Oval 6 brush and is to be used for for applying primer, foundation and powder . They also suggest you use this for blush and bronzer for contouring but im having a very hard time imagining that with this brush

MAC-OVAL-3-Brush

This curvaceous cutie is Oval 3 .Supposed to be used for eyeshadow  shading and blending cream, or powder eye shadow to the eye.

MAC-Linear-1-Brush

This brush is called Linear 1 and  is for eyeliner kind of products on the upper of lower lash lines – and helps in creating super crisp and linear shapes.

Gowthami December 13, 2013 at 6:29 pm

Lol! Same here…Looks like tooth brushes in disguise !! Thanks for sharing the info ^_^
Gowthami recently posted..Review & EOTD : Fashion 25 Color Cosmetic Set, Soft Copper Tube Oblique Brush, Cosmetic Makeup Sponge Puff in the Color Plum from Sammydress.comMy Profile

Sumathi December 13, 2013 at 6:37 pm

They sure do look like tooth brushes.. Wonder how one would use them. Doesn’t look like it would be very comfortable. I can only think of brushing movement :/
Sumathi recently posted..”My Luscious Lips” Contest: Entry 3 – LikhithaMy Profile

Arzoo December 13, 2013 at 6:43 pm

Seriously Mehak, dinosaur sized brushes these are or shoe cleaning brush ;)
Arzoo recently posted..Avon Simply Pretty BB Cream ReviewMy Profile

Blushnblossom December 13, 2013 at 6:44 pm

OMG…. they definitely looks like toothbrush and you are right if I kept these and my toothbrush in same storage I may end up using one of these instead of actually toothbrush if I am still sleepy that time…..lol…..
Blushnblossom recently posted..MAYBELLINE COLOR SHOW NAIL PAINT swatches and review : Tangerine Treat & Kiss me pinkMy Profile

Embellished December 13, 2013 at 7:32 pm

Interesting.
Embellished recently posted..This Week: Revlon Red Hot TamaleMy Profile

Supria December 13, 2013 at 7:43 pm

These are dubbed as the next big thing! They definitely look funny, cannot think of how they would make application easy with their weird shape and handle… time will tell!
Supria recently posted..OOTD & Current favourite foundationMy Profile

Amani Zaara December 13, 2013 at 7:49 pm

Lol they look super cute, but the application don’t seem easy with these !!
Amani Zaara recently posted..St.Tropez Skin Illuminator in GOLD review n swatchesMy Profile

nidhi December 13, 2013 at 8:52 pm

Hahaha! That is exactly what I thought..they DO look like toothbrushes
nidhi recently posted..GOSF Nykaa Haul !!!My Profile

Heena December 13, 2013 at 10:45 pm

OMG!! So Cute!!
Heena recently posted..The Purple Diaries..My Profile

Anjalee December 14, 2013 at 11:54 am

I think they are toothbrushes for Puppies.. lol… :P

Sangeeta December 14, 2013 at 12:23 pm

These seem fun. Don’t know how it will actually feel to use, but fun nonetheless.
Sangeeta recently posted..Maybelline: Color Sensational Lipstick in Autumn RushMy Profile

krithi December 14, 2013 at 12:55 pm

awesome brushes :) looks exactly like tooth brush ;)
krithi recently posted..BOBBI BROWN Sheer Lip Color Pink RoseMy Profile

Bipasha December 14, 2013 at 2:27 pm

That’s exactly what I thought when I saw it on MOAM , a huge toothbrush!

Shaili December 14, 2013 at 3:39 pm

Hi Mehak , I live in the US and am a makeup artist . I just bought these brushes ( since they are already available here) and am totally in love with them . they work like a dream . every brush has its own feature and use like all other mac brushes. They look weird in the pictures but are super cool or so i think when u actually get them :)
Try them out when they are available in India !

p.s. they are crazy expensive though and my makeup artist discount does not apply on these :( sigh :((

mehak December 14, 2013 at 4:45 pm

Thanks Shalli ! Ill definitely try and get them!

Swati December 14, 2013 at 5:20 pm

They do look like toothbrushes! Would be fun using them.. I am dentist and I am getting atleast one of these, just for the kicks :P :D
Swati recently posted..New Lakme Lip Love Lipstick Swatches!My Profile

Amruta December 17, 2013 at 10:45 am

I think that although they look weird they might actually do a better job :)
Amruta recently posted..Boots N0. 7 Advanced Renewal Anti-Ageing Glycolic Peel KitMy Profile