The Great Online Shopping Festival in India : What Will You Buy??

by Mehak Shahani on December 10, 2013

in Uncategorized

When i visited New York last month, i FREAKED out on the Labour day sales. It was insane- 2 days of major discounts across all brands ! The deals were so good i literally finished all my shopping in two days flat (I got American Eagle Jeans for like 1200 bucks!) , and i was wondering why we dont have these ‘ Black Friday’ or ‘ Labour Day Weekend’ kind of concepts in India. Well, that is until Google announced the Great Online Shopping Festival in India !!!

great-online-shopping-festival

What is the Great Online Shopping Festival:

The Great Online Shopping Festival (GOSF) was initiated by Google (India) on last year in partnership with hundreds of popular online shopping portals in India. The concept is similar to Black Friday that follows Thanksgiving holidays in the US and is a limited period sale with attractive discounts being offered by the biggest brands. This year the GOSF will be on three days, December 11, 12 and 13. It is THE shopping festival that you just can’t miss. Get incredible deals and big savings as you shop your favorite cosmetic skin and hair brands at Nykaa.com, India’s premier online destination for beauty and wellness.

Tell me in short please: Basically Start shopping online TOMMOROW and dont stop for 3 days because you are going to get deals you CANNNOT miss  across your favourite online stores.

For Beauty Enthusiasts:

Nykaa.com is offering the year’s biggest ever and never-before discounts on popular brands.

• 40% discounts on many top selling brands
  • 20% flat off on most popular brands.
  • Participating brands include L’Oreal Paris, Maybelline New York, Lakme, Ponds, Colorbar, Deborah Milano, Revlon, Nivea, Vichy, Neutrogena, Dermalogica, VLCC, Axe, Schwarzkopf, NYX Cosmetics, Basicare, Vega, Roots, Khadi, Just Herbs, Iraya, Chicco, Fiama De Wills, Konad, Bath and Body Works, Nike, Reebok, Charlie, Adidas, Braun, Philips and GNC to name a few. Whew…so many brands, so much to shop……

You can pay by Cash on Delivery, Debit Card, Credit Card and Net Banking processed through secure and trusted gateways. It’s easier than ever before to shop your favorite makeup, skincare, hair, bath and body, fragrances, herbal, wellness, mom and baby, and gifting ideas from the comfort of your home.

What I am planning to stock up on:

I suggest you start making lists now, because tommorow stuff is going to get sold out VERY FAST . Make a list, get organised and bookmark your favourite products because you need to Shop till you drop  !

Jhilmil D Saha December 10, 2013 at 10:01 am

This is such a grt news Mahek. In Europe they have this Boxing Day just after Christmas with unbelivable discounts. Even I used to wonder why dont we have these in India. Now Nykaa.com has come up with this idea and its just fab.
I’ve not yet decided but there will definitely be some hair-grooming products on my list. Have to work fast on the list:-)

Shikha December 10, 2013 at 10:31 am

OMG! That is awesome news!!! I can stock up on certain things now that I was leaving out each time :D Thanks for this great info….Bookmarking things asap!
Shikha recently posted..Why The Nature’s Co. Rosemary-Hibiscus Hair Pack is a must have!My Profile

Sumathi December 10, 2013 at 10:35 am

Wow Mehak!! Awesome news. I was about to go shopping today. But I guess I’ll put that on hold till tomorrow. I’m going to attack Nykaa…
Sumathi recently posted..3 Lentil Scrub: For that super soft skinMy Profile

swastika December 10, 2013 at 10:57 am

awesome news – i have bookmarked stuff already..are any fashion sites joining this too??

mehak December 10, 2013 at 11:09 am

You can get the full list http://www.gosf.in/
mehak recently posted..5 Fantastic Body Butters for Winter : Our Top 5 !My Profile

swastika December 10, 2013 at 11:57 am

Thanks :) very helpful post!

xuvious December 10, 2013 at 11:12 am

I’ve been keeping stuff in my wishlist waiting for this. I plan on buying overpriced products only if its on discount. ;)
xuvious recently posted..Forest Essentials Bath & Shower Oil Indian Rose AbsoluteMy Profile

Clothes and Creativity December 10, 2013 at 12:17 pm

Thanks for this post, Mehak! Can’t wait to make my list.
Clothes and Creativity recently posted..Gorgeous Green Chiffon Saree: What I Wore to a WeddingMy Profile

supria December 10, 2013 at 12:49 pm

Awesome news Mehak! Thanks for sharing… I dont nees anything but of course I have to buy stuff when they are on sale.

I have been meaning to try some lakme items especially day blushes and some lipsticks.
supria recently posted..Winter Outfits – Part I (OOTD featuring my favourite knits)My Profile

nidhi December 10, 2013 at 1:14 pm

I can’t wait for it to start…it is like we have our own black friday in India :)
Want to stock up on some new lakme and maybelline launches
nidhi recently posted..Lakme Absolute Creme Lipstick Runway Red – Review & SwatchMy Profile

Shivi@COSMOCHICS December 10, 2013 at 1:39 pm

Thanks for the info! I am game…drafting my new list right away!!!!!! yooohooooo…super excited!

Marathi Weddings December 10, 2013 at 3:58 pm

What great timing!! Thanks Mehak :)
Marathi Weddings recently posted..A brides must visit: Mangaldas Market and around!My Profile

Manali December 10, 2013 at 4:12 pm

Wow Mahek,

Thanks for the awesome update … will definitely be stocking up !!
Manali recently posted..Shaadi Trends 2013 …. what are you wearing ???My Profile

Arzoo December 10, 2013 at 7:03 pm

Such an exciting news, I never knew about it, thanks for sharing it Mehak :)
Arzoo recently posted..Amrita Rao’s Beauty & Health Secrets: What She Do To Stay BeautifulMy Profile

Krithi December 10, 2013 at 9:15 pm

i want i want :)
Krithi recently posted..MAC RiRi Woo Lipglass(RiRi Hearts MAC)My Profile

fiona furtado December 10, 2013 at 10:16 pm

OMGeee! thank you thank you so much for the info…
fiona furtado recently posted..Party Looks for the Season!My Profile

Mayuri December 10, 2013 at 10:49 pm

I am an obsessive online shopper!!! this is great news for me :D
Mayuri recently posted..Review, FOTD: Maybelline Cheeky Glow blush in Creamy Cinnamon! Perfect everyday blushMy Profile