Maybelline Insta Glam Box : The Christmas Gift You Deserve !

by Mehak Shahani on December 25, 2013

in Maybelline

maybelline-insta-glam-001

When i was in 7th grade, Secret Santa was all the rage (Im sure 7th graders these days think its totally lame ) ! For those unfamiliar- Secret Santa is when you pick up a chit which contains the name of a person in your class and you  gift them something on Christmas- so you are their Secret Santa.  .So yes, 7th grade- I remember me being secret santa and giving a girl in the class a chocolate and a beaded bracelet. What did i get? My secret santa thought it would be a good idea to get me a Daler Mehendi CD. No jokes-move over Santa Claus- we have Ho Ho Hadippa Claus!

Sigh- but if i were to play secret santa again, i would definitely be praying for this Maybelline Insta Glam box which is available online here  because it is like just the perfect little kit for any girl to start her makeup journey with .The box actually has three variants- coral, pink and red.

maybellin-insta-glam-box1-001

1. Maybelline’s New Collosal Kajal: My favourite kajal- i have even started liking it better than my Lancome one!
  2. A Maybelline Colorshow Nailpolish : The red box has Downtown Red, The coral one has Orange Fix and the Pink one has Fiesty Fuschia
  3. A lipstick : The red one has burgandy, The Coral one has bronze orange (love this one), the pink one has Forever Plum
  4. A Maybelline Pop liner : All three boxes have turquoise blue
  5. Mascara: All three boxes have Maybelline Hyper Curl
  6. Blush: The red box has creamy cinnamon, the Coral box has fresh coral and the pink one has peachie sweetie!

maybellin-insta-glam-box2-001 maybellin-insta-glam-box3-001 maybelline-collosal-kajal1-001 maybelline-insta-glam-box5-001 maybellin-insta-glam-box4-001

My box is a mix  of all three boxes because it seems Santa gave it a nice little jig (I  got this from the brand  directlt thats why its not completely color co-ordinated). But those of you who are thinking of buying it- pick up the coral one – the blush fresh coral is gorgeous and bronze orange is one of my all time favourite lipsticks. I recommend it to every Indian girl!!

I just love the whole box, the whole Christmassy feel and how each of these items are really essentials you need and you are getting then at a price that is a total, complete steal!! It  is a super, super gift for Christmas. Specially for a teenager or someone whose getting married or even if you just want it for yourself for being a good girl all year long- this is definitely something that is going to bring a smile to whoever unwraps it !!!

Verdict: A

Price: Rs 950/-

Buy from www.nykaa.com

Variant i recommend: Coral all the way. The lipstick in the pink one isnt that pretty ! The coral is absolutely perfect! My box is a mix of all three variants

Recommendation: Buy this NOW ! Not only is this the perfect christmas gift, its just a really neat way to get some essentials. Whether you are starting off with makeup or need another one to add in your stash this is definitely a great way to ring in Christmas!

Merry Christmas Everyone !!!

PS: This was sent to me by PR

Amani Zaara December 25, 2013 at 2:59 am

I recently purchased most of these items. I wish I shouldn’t Hv bought den n cud Hv got this now.
Amani Zaara recently posted..Maybelline Diamond Glow Eyeshadow quad- 01 Copper Brown review nswatchesMy Profile

Meghana December 25, 2013 at 3:29 am

the kit looks superawesome. something like everything under one roof.
Meghana recently posted..Christmas in London 2013 – Part 3My Profile

Embellished December 25, 2013 at 3:32 am

Love the blush and the nail polish. Not a fan of the mascara, though. But it’s still a pretty good box for the price.
Embellished recently posted..Red Lips For Christmas: My PicksMy Profile

Sumathi December 25, 2013 at 8:47 am

Awesome.. More than the the contents inside, I want it for the pretty packaging.
Its so cute :)
Sumathi recently posted..Christmas is on its WayMy Profile

Shikha December 25, 2013 at 9:08 am

Merry X-mas.. I still love playing secrete Santa.. I decorated X-mas tree and placed two socks this time.. waiting for gifts :D This box is so cute and will make a good gifting option for Girlfriends.
Shikha recently posted..Velvet Lehenga (Yes / NO)My Profile

Sheena December 25, 2013 at 9:25 am

Haha, this is a great box for gifting but unfortunately I am a bug Maybelline person and I own all the items in the box..

mehak December 25, 2013 at 12:40 pm

me too !!! Except the turquoise liner

Xuvious December 25, 2013 at 9:29 am

Really good gift for someone new to makeup. :)
Xuvious recently posted..Kleancolor Vegas Night Nail PolishMy Profile

Harine December 25, 2013 at 10:25 am
Jyotsna December 25, 2013 at 10:50 am

Hii Mehak.. I have always been a silent reader of you blog..I have followed it and its definately very helpful for makeup novices like me..:) and with this one..you definitely made my day…I was sulking for been working on christmas..( I work for a TV chanel )…read this piece and ordered it..yay…the box is one the way…merry christams…:) :)

mehak December 25, 2013 at 12:40 pm

Merry Christmas Jyotsna !!
Oh no working on christmnas :(

Lisha December 25, 2013 at 12:25 pm

Ive wanted this ever since I set my eyes on this! Its so gorgeous and I <3 the box!
Lisha recently posted..Lakme Absolute Shine Line Liquid Eyeliner Black Swatches & ReviewMy Profile

Nidhi December 25, 2013 at 1:30 pm

Great selection of products..I love colossal kajal too :)
Nidhi recently posted..Lakme Absolute Face Stylist Foundation ReviewMy Profile

Tashu December 25, 2013 at 3:06 pm

Ohhh!!! Wish it had a Maybelline Baby Lips balm as well

supria December 25, 2013 at 3:19 pm

Merry christmss everyone :)

The nail varnish looks gorgeous!
supria recently posted..2013 Amazing Finds – SkincareMy Profile

Gowthami December 25, 2013 at 3:32 pm

Just gorgeous box!!
Gowthami recently posted..Review : Pond’s Gold Radiance Precious Youth SerumMy Profile

khan December 25, 2013 at 6:33 pm

ha ha :) I think hoho haddipaa Claus is way more cuter than Santa Claus :)
khan recently posted..♥ Christmas Cheer Glittery Nails – How to and pictures ♥My Profile

Arzoo December 25, 2013 at 7:55 pm

Really cool box, just the perfect stuff all are raving about.
Arzoo recently posted..The Body Shop Vitamin E Cool BB Cream ReviewMy Profile

redity December 25, 2013 at 10:17 pm

Price value of box is good, but I wouldn’t want to buy it. Mascara is not something I want, and not a fan of blush.
redity recently posted..Quick kadai vegetablesMy Profile

Amruta December 26, 2013 at 11:04 am

would buy this one just for the packaging !! :P
Amruta recently posted..Vellvette Fab Bag : December 2013My Profile

Maitri December 26, 2013 at 12:12 pm

Can you please suggest which Maybelline Insta Glam Box should I go for – I am NC 42, wheatish skin with yellow undertones, was thinking of going for Coral one but dunno if the Lipstick in that box would suit my skin as I have pigmented lips, Thanks.

Saraswathi Sneha N V December 26, 2013 at 11:08 pm

That’s a perfect combo :D
Saraswathi Sneha N V recently posted..MAC VIVA GLAM VI lipstickMy Profile

Blushnblossom December 27, 2013 at 7:09 pm

I am definitely going to gift this box to my younger sister her birthday coming soon I think she will be satisfied with this gift……lol….. me too love maybelline bronze orange lippie……
Blushnblossom recently posted..LAKMÉ ABSOLUTE CREMÉ Soft Coral : swatches and reviewMy Profile