A Valentine’s Day Purple Eyeshadow Tutorial

by Mehak Shahani on January 19, 2014

in Eye Makeup Looks, Makeup Tutorials

A Sunday in the Sagar-Shahani household goes somewhat like this. Wake up at 9:30 am, eat customary Sunday breakfast (Dosa or go out for English brunch) , come back home with the boy watching cricket on tv (I just heard him yell ‘ SHOTTTTT’ and jump on the sofa), and me doing all sorts of experiments inside the room while wondering how the hell I am going to survive now that Sherlock Season 3 has ended ! Todays experiment is with hues of peach and purple and since so many of you wanted more tutorials…here goes !  Try this out on your Valentines Day date (Im not going to, because my date is the kinds who will say ‘ Did you get boxed or something? There is some wierd purple thing going on with your eye)

FYI- the rest of the SUnday goes like this- we are going for American Hustle at 5, then dinner at moms followed by me crying about the weekend getting over ! (Seriously, i genuinely believe Saturdays and Sundays do not have 24 hours ok-its all one BIG lie!) . HMPH.

You shall need:

1 A dark purple matte eyeshadow (I am using one from Sleek oh So Special Pallette)

2. A medium purple eyeshaodow (Im using Mac Plum Dressing- but i recommend you use something else. Im not a fan of this shadow at all!)

3. A peach eyeshadow -Im usig my favourite- Mac Expensive pink!

4. A bright gold eyeshadow (optional)

5. Brushes- I am using coastal scents brushes. Review soon.

Eye Makeup Tutorial Step 1

purple-eyeshadow-tutorial-1

1. Naked Eye- Iv applied Bobbi Brown Tinted Eye Brightener. Can you see how bright and awake my eye looks???   I love this stuff!

2. With my eye still open, I take a small rounded blending brush , load it with matte purple shadow and poke it right into where my eye folds. I follow the shape of my eyebrow (with my eye open) to sweep it from the arch of my eyebrow to the end

3. When i open my lid it looks like this- you can make it neater but pulling it all the way down to the top lid

Eye Makeup Tutorial Step 2

purple-eyeshadow-tutorial-2

4. Apply Mac Plum Dressing in the centre of your eye. I havent blended anything yet, but because the colors complement each other, it looks ok

5. Apply Expensive Pink in the inner 1/3rd of the eye

purple-eyeshadow-tutorial-3

6. Take your rounded blending brush and start with the Part where you have applied Mac Expensive Pink. Blend the top edge into the edges of Plum dressing

7. This is how it should look like

8. Pull the Expensive Pink all the way into the outer edge where the matte purple is

Eye Makeup Tutorial Step 3

purple-eyeshadow-tutorial-4 - Copy9 & 10 . This is what your eye should sort of look like (My matte eyeshadow refused to blend)

10. Use the matte eyeshadow under your lower lash line as well

11. Apply kohl on lower lash line and add a bright gold in inner corner

Eye Makeup Tutorial Step 4

purple-eyeshadow-tutorial-5

12. Add kohl on the top lash line

13. Smudge the kohl very lightly just so it doesnt look harsh

14. Pose, smile for the camera and SHOOT!

purple-eyeshadow-tutorial--6 - CopyPS: Talking about Sherlock Season 3, brainy is definitely the new sexy. You guys who don’t watch it- you are MISSING out on something !

krithi January 19, 2014 at 2:05 pm

Luv these tutorials Mehak :)
krithi recently posted..Dior Addict Extreme Lipstick -Plaza #476My Profile

Sumathi January 19, 2014 at 2:07 pm

Simple and easy.. Such a nice tutorial.. My Sunday also starts at almost the same time :P
Sumathi recently posted..My world of FearMy Profile

nausheen January 19, 2014 at 2:10 pm

Wow…such beautiful eys and such a gorgeous makeup.

pallavi bose January 19, 2014 at 2:34 pm

wow…Mehak….grt tutorial and so easy..keep more tutorilas lik this cumng

Embellished January 19, 2014 at 2:39 pm

This is pretty, even though I don’t usually get on with coloured eyeshadow.
Embellished recently posted..My 2014 (Realistic) Makeup WishlistMy Profile

Shrutika January 19, 2014 at 3:45 pm

Even im a cricket addict ..wokeup today nd raaaan like insanes to the tv…didnt even cared to brush my teeth…i love india vs new zealand matches….ur sunday is awsum….lovely tutoria …y no likey plum dressing …??

Peachesandblush January 19, 2014 at 8:33 pm

I dont know- i just feel it lacks pigment and looks more pink than purple !!! Haha i used to be a CRAZY cricket addict ! I used to wakeup at 7:30 am just to watch cricket
Peachesandblush recently posted..Star Guild Awards 2014 Red Carpet : Who Wore What !My Profile

Shrutika January 19, 2014 at 11:50 pm

Me tooo im such an idiot person ..it was eng vs nzl i wud nt sleep the whole night coz the match used to start at 3am..cant afford to miss nzl matches ..:p

mehak January 20, 2014 at 12:25 am

lol really???
I only get like that when India plays pak or aus or smthn

Shrutika January 20, 2014 at 2:35 pm

HA who can miss ind vs pak ..:D. Yup im insane…:*

Bhuvana January 19, 2014 at 4:19 pm

Pretty , pretty, pretty :) :) Nice EOTD and tutorial :)
Bhuvana recently posted..Sleeping beautyMy Profile

Jhilmil D Saha January 19, 2014 at 4:35 pm

This looks just perfect for the V Day
Jhilmil D Saha recently posted..The Body Shop Brazil Nut Shower Creme & Body Butter ReviewMy Profile

Priyanjana January 19, 2014 at 5:18 pm

Nice tutorial ! :D
Priyanjana recently posted..” Trip down the nail art lane ” Challenge Day 7My Profile

Supria January 19, 2014 at 5:27 pm

A very nice wearable look. You have really full eyebrows Mehak, love!
Supria recently posted..French Pharmacy ShoppingMy Profile

Rhea January 19, 2014 at 6:33 pm

Great tutorial. And you have beautiful eyes!
Rhea recently posted..GIVEAWAY! Orly, Lakmé, Faces, Sally Hansen and more!My Profile

Shivi@COSMOCHICS January 19, 2014 at 7:53 pm

Lovely EOTd ! well explained! :)

Harine January 19, 2014 at 8:36 pm

I just love the way u write Mehak.. every post is unique :) & nice tutorial ….
Harine recently posted..Kurumba Maldives Honeymoon – Day 2My Profile

Priyanka Jain January 19, 2014 at 8:57 pm

you explained it so well :).. looking forward for more of these..

recently posted http://www.allthatshelovess.blogspot.in/2013/12/natural-makeup-removers.html

Sangeeta January 19, 2014 at 8:58 pm

Love the look Mehak. I’m going to try this.
Sangeeta recently posted..Maybelline: Color Sensational Lip Gloss in Touch of ToffeeMy Profile

Mayuri January 19, 2014 at 11:56 pm

you make it look so easy Mehak.. lovely tute :)
Mayuri recently posted..Tutorial time: A simple peek-a-boo eye makeup tutorial for beginnersMy Profile

Amani Zaara January 20, 2014 at 1:41 am

That was so easy n pretty.. Thnx dear..
Amani Zaara recently posted..Sleek Blush By 3 Sweet Cheek Review N SwatchesMy Profile

Swati January 20, 2014 at 2:18 am

This looks quite pretty. Purple suits Indian skin tones so well. Will try this look out.
And Sherlock is just so amazing! All the seasons (infact the movie and the books too!). Love it!! :)

SG January 20, 2014 at 3:53 am

Hi Mehak,

I love your blog, posts, fashion banter, reviews and everything bridal! Kudos to you because I’m not easily hooked to anything and I AM hooked to peachesandblush!! I live in the US and I subscribe to so many youtube makeup tutorials and channels and I can say that I know make-up.
I love you, but please don’t do any makeup tutorials. I know you try your best but trust me you are so much better with everything else you do but not with applying make-up on yourself. Just don’t do it on yourself! Its not clean, the colors don’t pop, there is hardly any natural look, no concealer to cover under eye, no brightener, etc. So please try to get a model or a professional MUA or just post a link to tutorials you like.
Just a suggestion from an ardent pnb fan!

P.S- Sherlock Season 3 is AWESOMEEE!! :-)

-SG

Jane January 21, 2014 at 12:29 am

I disagree and let me say why. There are many gals out there , who would do looks like these. Not everybody has to use 10 eyeshadows and blend like a pro. I for one do not want to look like a MUA applied my makep. I do not cake on concealers,highlighters. My dark circles shows through , BUT I still look put together. That is how a LOT of gals look. Trust me , Youtube is not end all be all of makeup. I have never ever met a normal “officegoing/college” gal in my life that wears SO much makeup like those gals do. So I would say Mehak , keep it real. If this is how you would do your eye , so be it.

SG January 21, 2014 at 12:53 pm

Hey Jane,
I completely agree with you about keeping it real. I AM one of those ‘regular office going ‘ girls as well and I do NOT wear that kind of make-up ever. I agree with you about not layering the skin with foundations and concealers as well and showing how you can do away with simplicity and very few natural looking products However, If you are posting tutorials on a public blog then it should look little more well done. We all know how to do the basic natural stuff. The weather in India anyways does not leave margin for too heavy make-up. What we come here for is some extra tips that could help us enhance our look with minimal effort!
Anyhow, Mehak love your reviews, fashion and bridal blogs. Keep em’ coming!! :)

P.S- I really have to make better use of my free time I think and stop writing longs posts!! :D

Lisha January 20, 2014 at 10:54 am

Soft and Romantic! Perfect for Valentine’s Day! <3 Loved it!
Lisha recently posted..L’Oreal Paris Shine Caresse in Bella Review & SwatchesMy Profile

Gowthami January 20, 2014 at 8:44 pm

Just perfect!! Beautiful eotd:)
Gowthami recently posted..Look: Everyday Purple Office Wear Eye-MakeupMy Profile

Bhavna Singh January 21, 2014 at 3:05 pm

Off note -:D at what website do u watch or download sherlock homes from? I have only seen till season 2 and cant find season 3 online! :/

mehak January 21, 2014 at 3:17 pm

tv-links.eu
you wont find the links on the site itself…but in the comments below…people leave links to vodlocker

Bhavna Singh January 22, 2014 at 2:08 am

Oh! Thanks for such a quick reply back :)

Richa February 23, 2014 at 8:24 pm