Different Ways To Wear a Scarf: 8 Stylish Work Options !

by Mehak Shahani on January 2, 2014

in Fashion

I swear my house feels like a block of ice in the north pole with two eskimos trudging about, trying to warm their butt next to the heater ! THAT is how cold it is ! As much as i hate getting out of my cosy blanket in the morning when that dreaded door bell rings, i love getting ready for work in this weather. Its all about the layering, the jackets, the mufflers, the scarves , the boots, the gloves  and today when i got a request to write about different ways to wear a scarf, i jumped right into it. I have a weakness for scarves, whether they are large chunky knits which cover my nose making me feel like a baby, or this silk one which happens to be my favourite. (Wedding gift by an aunt from Satya Paul!)

different-ways-to-wear-a-scarf

Style #1: The regular way to wear a scarf

different-ways-to-wear-a-scarf01-001

This is a no brainer really- a 2 year old could do it. Except he would put it in his mouth , so dont make your two year old do it !! Wrap the scarf around your neck twice and let each loose end fall to the side.

Style #2: The wraparound bunny way to wear a scarf

different-ways-to-wear-a-scarf02-001Dont know why i call this style a bunny, but i feel like a little, warm rabbit with this. Just tie each ends of the scarf so its one complete loop. Then put your head through the loop, twist the loose end and put your head through again !

Style #3: The Corporate Way to Wear !

different-ways-to-wear-a-scarf03

Fold your scarf into a triangle. If you have a scarf with tassles, this will look great because the tassles will hange down from the edges. Now, just take that triangle, place it infront of you like a bib and tie eac end at the back of your end. LOWE!

Style 4: The Glam way to tie a scarf

different-ways-to-wear-a-scarf04Super glam, and super fun way- with turtle necks and pants, this looks great !

Style 5: The ‘ Im running out of names here’ way to tie a scarf

different-ways-to-wear-a-scarf05This one is slightly more complicated but here goes .

Step 1: Wrap scarf around your neck twice so the ends are coming no longer than below you chest

Step 2:Put one end through one of the loops around your neck

Step 3: Pull downwards.

Step 4: Now tie this end to the other end ina simple knot.

Style 6: The ‘my’ way to wear a scarf

different-ways-to-wear-a-scarf08

This is how i tie a scarf.

Fold the scarf in half so its half its length.

Hang  the scarf over your shoulders, so one side is a loop and the other side is the ends

Put the non loop end through the loop and pull to make it look like a chic knot

Style #7: The French way to wear a scarf

different-ways-to-wear-a-scarf06

Saw this in Paris on my honeymoon. All those super stylish french women with trench coats that had a loop at the shoulder? They would wear it like this and put the flipped end inside the loop. Looks super chic and i didnt really do a good job of it honestly.

Style #8: The braided Way to tie a scarf!

different-ways-to-wear-a-scarf07

Step 1: Do the same thing in Style 6 by folding your scarf and putting over your shoulder

Step 2: Do the same thing in style 6 by putting the end through the loop but dont pull through .

Step 3: Twist the loop the other way

Step 4: Repeat Step 2 by putting the end into that twisted loop

Repeat till you have  a braid like form !

bawa January 2, 2014 at 6:10 pm

No 6 also seems to be the Spanish way of wearing a scarf! At least lots of people do it that way, men and women.

Ashima Suri January 2, 2014 at 6:13 pm

Hats off to you Mehak for coming up with such interesting and fun posts! This is ultra cool! I love your style of wearing the scarf and also the ” Im running out of names here’ way to tie a scarf! Keep such posts coming!

Manasi January 2, 2014 at 6:13 pm

Nice tutorial dear!!
Manasi recently posted..My Enchantess Bag :December 2013My Profile

nidhi January 2, 2014 at 6:39 pm

Love your scarf! So colorful and it will go with SO many outfits! I love a pop of color with dark or neutral winter clothes :)
nidhi recently posted..Top Five Hair Care Products of 2013My Profile

blingyourwedding January 2, 2014 at 6:51 pm

I loved the way you braided your scarf in the last option, Looks so unique yet elegant!

blingyourwedding January 2, 2014 at 7:00 pm

I loved the way you braided your scarf in the last option, looks unique yet elegant!

Shikha January 2, 2014 at 7:06 pm

NICE.. I never thought of experimenting so much with scarfs.. 1,3,6 is all I knew.. I will try bunny way tomorrow :)
Shikha recently posted..Green Lehenga is mine.. yeaahhhMy Profile

Shikha January 2, 2014 at 7:11 pm

NICE… I never thought of experimenting so many different ways of wearing a scarf.. I knew only 1 and 3.. I would try bunny style tomorrow

Shivi@COSMOCHICS January 2, 2014 at 7:30 pm

Lol.. i know only the regular way of how to wear it…rest I have seen in pics but never tried!
Good to see so many styles!!! :)

Clothes and Creativity January 2, 2014 at 7:32 pm

I heart scarves! And I wear them all year round.

Shreya January 2, 2014 at 7:43 pm

Awesome tips dear ! I’m going to try them all…. loved the way you explained every step in detail .

Arzoo January 2, 2014 at 8:01 pm

OMG loved all the styles Mehak, awesome, I really love to wear a scarf stylishly in different ways btw loved your scarf a lot.
Arzoo recently posted..Avon Foot Works Cracked Heel Cream ReviewMy Profile

Sumathi January 2, 2014 at 8:05 pm

Great tutorial. You scarf is very pretty. Loved no. 3, 4 and 6.
I look quite weird with a scarf on. Going to practice now :)
Sumathi recently posted..Resolution hater makes New Year ResolutionsMy Profile

Clothes and Creativity January 2, 2014 at 9:35 pm

And that’s a lovely scarf! I have a similar one with more of greens and blues!

Gowthami January 2, 2014 at 9:59 pm

I love scarf and thank you for this post! Braided style is unique!
Gowthami recently posted..120 Color Double Stack Eyeshadow Palette : KKCenterHK International GiveawayMy Profile

Bhuvana January 2, 2014 at 10:21 pm

Love the scarf and the colors :) Like the my way style
Bhuvana recently posted..Tips for tangle free , smooth hairMy Profile

arpita January 2, 2014 at 10:45 pm

OMG…!!!
you took my request soo promptly….I am highly obliged Mehak..! feels so good that you actually made a rare mention of my request in ur post <3..thanks a lot dear
the styles u suggested are really helpful..looking forward for Friday dressing to try some of ur recommended styles…love the step 2 and 3 ones…

PS: wld love to see a post on winter boots too…wat to wear, wat colors, length, material etc…I have seen some girls wear woolen boots over formals in office, I don't think they go that way…wld love to see ur winter recommendations on this..

lotsoflove

mehak January 2, 2014 at 10:57 pm

hehe no problem ! it was a fun request!

Ghayu January 3, 2014 at 12:33 am

Bookmarked!! Loved it <3
Ghayu recently posted..Avon Simply Pretty Colorlast Lipstick in Plumberry: Review/Swatch/LOTDMy Profile

Amani Zaara January 3, 2014 at 12:47 am

Dat was quite easy n helpful..
Amani Zaara recently posted..MUA Heaven and Earth Eyeshadow Palette Review n SwatchesMy Profile

Mayuri January 3, 2014 at 1:39 am

amazing post :) thanks for sharing Mehak :)
Mayuri recently posted..Review, FOTD: The Balm Cosmetics Mary-Lou Manizer – best highlighter I have come across!My Profile

Meghana January 3, 2014 at 5:07 am

I wish I had severe winters here too. I have never experienced the damn chillness
Meghana recently posted..Fruity BreakfastMy Profile

Vipra S January 3, 2014 at 8:27 am

This is the coolest compilation ever ;) .. Some awesome scarf tricks ;) .. I loved it <3
Vipra S recently posted..Inglot Freedom System Lipstick Refill 20 – Review, Swatches, LOTD & FOTDMy Profile

esha January 3, 2014 at 8:53 am

Wow amazing!!! i knew only half of them and btw 6th wala is my way too :D

Dollie January 3, 2014 at 9:06 am

This was a really nice post. I love the cold but unfortunately, Bombay doesnt have proper Winters.
Dollie recently posted..Soul Tree Neem & Aloe Anti-Dandruff Shampoo and Hibiscus HairConditioner: The BEST Hair Products of 2013!My Profile

swathi January 3, 2014 at 10:26 am

Mehak, again a very useful and relevant post for these times. Winter in Bangalore suddenly seems to be harsh and the AC in office makes me want to wear scarves and this gives me some new ideas to beat the winter blues ! thx…

Supra January 3, 2014 at 1:56 pm

I love scarves, they can dress up any boring winter outfit.

The last two look a bit silly, but the rest are fun ideas :)
Supra recently posted..MAC Sweetie – My kind of pink lipstickMy Profile

Blushnblossom January 3, 2014 at 6:26 pm

Love the scarf….. so preety. I never thought you can wear scarf in so many ways….. It is so fun reading post….. love it.
Blushnblossom recently posted..GORGEOUS BOOTS : Need….My Profile

Somya January 3, 2014 at 9:54 pm

this ones gonna be so helpful for all..thank you mehak:)
bdw are u wearing an only jacket? i have the same if dats ‘only’:)

Tripti January 4, 2014 at 12:25 am

This is awesome vey useful Mehak what lipshade are you wearing looks pretty

Saraswathi Sneha N V January 4, 2014 at 9:34 am

Different styles ! Great work !
Saraswathi Sneha N V recently posted..MAC VIVA GLAM VI lipstickMy Profile

Swatis January 4, 2014 at 3:37 pm

Firstly, that scarf looks amazing! I loved the bunny way and the chic bow. Will definitely try them out
And the my way to wear a scraf has been a favourite with me this winter :)
Swatis recently posted..Garlic Bread : RecipeMy Profile

Jyoti January 5, 2014 at 12:19 am

Lovely post Mehak :) you are so creative :) I will definitely try this :)
Jyoti recently posted..Ear Muff: A Cute Accessory to Glam Up Your Winter!My Profile

Archana January 5, 2014 at 11:19 am

Your way is also my default way to wear scarves :-)! Loved the tutorial.