P&B Editors Choice Beauty Awards 2014: Winners Announced !

by Mehak Shahani on January 22, 2014

in Peaches Blush Beauty Awards 2011

After unveiling the Readers Choice Beauty Awards yesterday, it is now time for “ta-tada-tadaaaa”   – the Editors Choice Results ! (Said in a deep, Big Boss voice!). Thats just the fancy name i give to pick my favourites and the products that i truly feel are the best in their category. Now obviously, i haven’t tried all the products in the world but out of the sizeable chunk i experiment with, here are my favourites.

Reviews for each of these are on P&B (Except a few) . Please use the search box on the top right to search and i shall also link the reviews next to each product in a little bit!

P&B Editors Choice Awards 2014

WINNER BEST ONLINE SHOPPING SITE FOR MAKEUP

[nbox type="notice"] Nykaa    [/nbox]
(They have the largest variety, they have a nice layout that is easy to navigate and they ship super quick!)

WINNER BEST LIPSTICK (HIGH END)
BOBBI BROWN LIPSTICKS

(I got a couple of these this last year and these are pigmented, lightweight, creamy and moisturizing. Not to mention that the shades available are gorgeous)

WINNER BEST LIPSTICK (BUDGET)
COLORBAR CREME TOUCH LIPSTICK

(Complete Value for money- super pigmented, long lasting and moisturizing as well. I wish they added more shades though)

RUNNERS UP
MAC LIPSTICKS ,  BOURJOIS SHINE EDITION LIPSTICKS

[nbox type="notice"] Buy this years budget winner from here  [/nbox]

WINNER BEST LIPGLOSS (HIGH END)
GUERLAIN GLOSS D’ENFER

(These are, hands down the BEST lipglosses in the market. To get a lipgloss that is non sticky, pigmented as well as long lasting seemed impossible but Guerlain has made it happen)

WINNER BEST LIPGLOSS (BUDGET)
MAYBELLINE COLOR SENSATIONAL HIGH SHINE LIPGLOSS

(Non Sticky, Pigmented and super super moisturizing.)

RUNNERS UP
MAC CREMESHEEN LIPGLOSS

[nbox type="notice"] Buy this years budget  winner from here [/nbox]
WINNER BEST LIPBALM
MAYBELLINE BABY LIPS
(Love this stuff- dont tell this to anyone but even the boy uses the clear one, except he refuses to call it baby lips not manly enough for him you see)

RUNNER UP

REVLON LIP BUTTERS (13% vote)
[nbox type="notice"] Buy this years winner from here [/nbox]
BEST LIPSTICK/LIPGLOSS SHADE IN 2013
BOURJOIS 1,2,3 SOLEIL & BOBBI BROWN PINK LILY
(The Bourjois one is a gorgeous glossy coral and Bobbi Brown is a hot, hot pink)

RUNNER UPS
MAC HUG ME, MAC COSMO, MAC VIVA GLAM CYNDI, COLORBAR CREME TOUCH NUDE CORAL, SHISEIDO  PERFECT ROUGE 142
[nbox type="notice"] Buy this years winner from your local Bobbi Brown store   [/nbox]
BEST POWDER BLUSH (HIGH END)
MAC BLUSHES
BEST POWDER BLUSH (BUDGET)
MAYBELLINE CHEEKY GLOW BLUSH

RUNNER UP
Cant think of any!
[nbox type="notice"] Buy this years winner (Maybelline Cheeky Glow Blush ) from here [/nbox]
BEST CREAM BLUSH
MAYBELLINE DREAM TOUCH BLUSH
(Super Recommend this, its gorgeous!)

RUNNER UP
NYX CREAM BLUSH , ILLAMASQUA CREAM BLUSH
[nbox type="notice"] Buy this years winner from here   [/nbox]
BEST BLUSH SHADES in 2013
MAYBELLINE FRESH CORAL, MAC PEACH TWIST, MAC PEACHES, MAC MOCHA, MAC DOLLYMIX, LAKME ABSOLUTE DAY BLUSH
BEST FOUNDATION (HEAVY COVERAGE)
BOBBI BROWN LONGWEAR LIQUID FOUNDATION
 (One of the best high coverage foundations i have tried till date- it makes you look like you naturally have amazing skin and it came to my rescue while doing my sister in laws makeup on her wedding function)

RUNNER UP
GUERLAIN TENUE DE PERFECTION, REVLON COLORSTAY

BEST FOUNDATION (LIGHT TO MEDIUM COVERAGE)
MAC FACE & BODY FOUNDATION
(My Personal favourite what more can i say)

RUNNER UP
BOURJOIS HEALTHY MIX
[nbox type="notice"] Buy this years winner from your local Mac store   [/nbox]

BEST CONCEALER
BOBBI BROWN TINTED EYE BRIGHTENER
(I don’t say that it covers up everything honestly, but it gives a bright natural effect to my under eye area and that’s the only place i wear concealer. This is not a good concealer if you want to apply it on your face. Im actually intrigues to try the Clinique concealer since it won the Readers choice awards!)

RUNNER UP
INGLOT UNDER EYE CONCEALER, MAC SELECT MOISTURE COVER CONCEALER

BEST SINGLE EYESHADOW
MAC  EYESHADOW
(I dont think it gets better than Mac. Or maybe it does and i just havent tried it)

RUNNER UP
INGLOT EYESHADOW
[nbox type="notice"] Buy this years winner from your local Mac store   [/nbox]
BEST COLORED EYELINERS
COLORBAR I GLIDE (33% vote)
(You cant touch Colorbar in the eyeliner category. The colors are stunning and the pencils are incredibly soft and creamy)

RUNNERS UP
CHAMBOR DAZZLE EYE LINERS, REVLON COLORSTAY EYELINERS
[nbox type="notice"] Buy this years winner from here   [/nbox]

BEST KOHL PENCIL
MAYBELLINE COLLOSAL & CLINIQUE QUICKLINER INTENSE
(Even though i know Eyeconic is a better kajal in terms of longevity and creaminess its a pain to remove so for me COllosal is better )
RUNNER UPS
LANCOME L’ABSOLU NU, LAKME EYECONIC
[nbox type="notice"] Buy both Collosal and Eyeconic from here   [/nbox]

WINNER BEST NEW PRODUCT OF THE YEAR

CLINIQUE CHUBBY STICKS

(Last years winners was Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters)

RUNNER UP:
MAYBELLINE COLORSENSATIONAL HIGH SHINE LIPGLOSSES, LAKME ABSOLUTE GEL STYLIST
[nbox type="notice"] Buy this years winner from your local Clinique store  [/nbox]

WINNER BEST TINTED MOISTURIZER

LOREAL UV PERFECT TINTED MOISTURIZER

(I wear this every single day . It has SPF 45, a slight tint which adds brightness and is super moistruzing without being heavy)

RUNNER UP:
LOREAL BB CREAM, LAKME CC CREAM
[nbox type="notice"]Buy this years winner from here [/nbox]

WINNER BEST BB CREAM

LOREAL BB CREAM

RUNNER UP:
GARNIER BB CREAM
[nbox type="notice"]Buy this years winner from here [/nbox]

WINNER BEST HIGHLIGHTER

BOBBI BROWN SHIMMER BRICK

(I didnt love it at first, but over time i cant do without it !)

RUNNER UP:
BENEFIT GIRL MEETS PEARL
[nbox type="notice"]Buy this years winner from  your local Bobbi Brown store[/nbox]

WINNER BEST MASCARA

CLINIQUE HIGH IMPACT EXTREME VOLUME MASCARA

RUNNER UP:
MAYBELLINE COLLOSAL
[nbox type="notice"]Buy this years winner from your local Clinique store [/nbox]

WINNER BEST HIGHLIGHTER

BOBBI BROWN SHIMMER BRICK

(I didnt love it at first, but over time i cant do without it !)

RUNNER UP:
BENEFIT GIRL MEETS PEARL
[nbox type="notice"]Buy this years winner from Sephora Delhi [/nbox]

WINNER MOST DISSAPOINTING PRODUCT

Maybelline 24hr Superstay Lipsticks, Revlon Ultimate Suede Lipsticks

(Hate the texture of both of these)

RUNNER UP:
MAC PRO LONGWEAR LIPGLOSSES ( So sticky!), SEPHORA EYE PENCILS(Terrible is an understatement)
[nbox type="notice"]Buy this years winner from…DONT BUY this years winner in this category [/nbox]

WINNER MOST SURPRISINGLY GOOD PRODUCT

Vita  Age Aurum Aqua Micellare

(Its just a makeup remover but it moisturizes, cleans and also doesnt need to be washed off. Love it)

The other winners are listed below
  • Indian Beauty Brand of the Year – Lakme
  • International Beauty Brand of the Year- Clinique (I think they really upped the beauty launches this year)
  • Best Shampoo – Garnier Fructis for me
  • Best Conditioner- Tresseme  Conditioner
  • Best Night Cream: Shisiedo Night Moisture Recharge Enriched
  • Best Anti Ageing Cream: Need to buy one. Suggestions?
  • Best Mac Collection: Archies Girls

V January 22, 2014 at 11:47 am

I so agree with you on Mac Peachtwist.. It was a random airport purchase but i end up reaching for it almost everyday..

Sumathi January 22, 2014 at 11:57 am

Why BB only in Delhi :( I’d love to try Bobby Brown Lipsticks. Many maybelline products have become very famous.
The superstay lipsticks happen to be one of my favourites :P I know the texture is hard to handle.
But they stay really long and that is something I really want in my lipsticks cos I don’t like to do touch ups when I’m out :)
Sumathi recently posted..Steal It! 1: The Golden Globes 2014My Profile

Heena January 22, 2014 at 12:09 pm

Colorbar I-Glide Eye Pencils Are Just The Best Except For The Fact That They Are So Creamy, So a Lot of Product Gets Wasted in The Sharpening Proces.. Maybelline High Shine Lip glosses Are a Total Love! Loved These,Mehak :)
Heena recently posted..New Launch: L’oreal Professional Hair Spa Oil Review and My Torn SweaterMy Profile

Shikha January 22, 2014 at 12:13 pm

I thought Maybelline will be Brand of the Year.. I like most products they launched this year except 1-2… so many Bobby products in your fav list :) going to buy lipstick and a concealer as my B’day present.. (gifts that I demanded)
Shikha recently posted..Update- Guess Lipstick shade and Win MAC lipstickMy Profile

Manasi January 22, 2014 at 12:38 pm

I just agree with brand of the year !!
Manasi recently posted..Colorbar nail Enamel Remover: ReviewMy Profile

Bonny January 22, 2014 at 1:21 pm

Bobbi are you listening???!!! Mumbaikars need your store too!! Mehak, I am casting an evil eye at all you BB products!!
Bonny recently posted..Peek At My JAN FAB BAGMy Profile

Ankita Singh January 22, 2014 at 2:09 pm

I agree with Revelon Ultimate Suede for disappointing product. I bought one and though the colour stays all day, it makes my lips as dry as my jute bag. And the colour doesn’t stay if you wear it over/under lipbalm. So basically lose-lose.
Anti-ageing cream, I love Forest Essentials Eternal Youth Date & Litchi. It gives a very supple spongy quality to my skin. The anti-ageing effects of course weren’t visible on me so I gave it to my mom and I love the effect, she looks a lot less pigmented and skin looks smoother.

Anamika January 22, 2014 at 2:23 pm

great picks

Zee bee January 22, 2014 at 2:45 pm

Colorbar I glide pencils were soft when I bought them but now after a year they have hardened and need to be rubbed hard to apply.in fact faces pencils, which I bought the same time are still soft and easy to apply.
So I would not buy I glides again.
I am surprised you have not included Revlon superlustrous– they have been consistently good and the newer ones are even better.I think Revlon super lustrous are great so is maybelline
Zee bee recently posted..all in one productsMy Profile

bawa January 22, 2014 at 3:23 pm

Anti-ageing, Boots No 7 and they have a set for each decade now. I know someone who is using it and it has really made a difference!

Do try I.C.O.N. hair products, especially shampoos and Infusion mask- for fine, dry hair that gets super moisturised without losing any volume, and less nasty stuff in the product itself/ or their Indian range, esp hair finish oil for difficult to manage hair.

mehak January 22, 2014 at 4:40 pm

Thanks Maasi ! Will do

Supria January 22, 2014 at 4:07 pm

Mehak you have to try mac gingerly and copper tone, both super gorgeous!

Also best cream blushers in my opinion chanel and By terry hands down!
Supria recently posted..The Friday Evening PamperMy Profile

mehak January 22, 2014 at 4:40 pm

Havent tried chanel yet but dying to !

Shivi@COSMOCHICS January 22, 2014 at 5:25 pm

Lovely picks! I love colorbar creme lipsticks too, good to see it here!

Arzoo January 22, 2014 at 6:40 pm

Winners have been selected wisely, loved it.
Arzoo recently posted..Faces Go Chic Lipstick in Sparkling Wine Review, Swatches, LOTDMy Profile

Xuvious January 22, 2014 at 7:07 pm

Nice picks! Want to try so many… mainly BB ;)
Xuvious recently posted..Wishlist : January 2014My Profile

Clothes and Creativity January 22, 2014 at 8:20 pm

What’s the L’Oréal tinted moisturiser like? I’ve been wanting to buy a good tinted moisturiser since long! Do you use foundation over it?
Clothes and Creativity recently posted..Indian Outfit- Teal, Red and Gold SareeMy Profile

Meghana January 22, 2014 at 9:22 pm

ha, baby lips is in your list too. :) nice.
Meghana recently posted..4 Maybelline Super Stay 10Hr Tint Gloss SwatchesMy Profile

Amani Zaara January 23, 2014 at 2:32 am

I think no kohl can compete with lakme absolute kohl.. It’s smudge free for very long time.. N yes Colorbar I glide are superb.. N omg bob lipstick in pink lily is mind blowing.. Can’t wait to gt my hands on those..
Amani Zaara recently posted..Sleek Blush By 3 In Pink Sprint Review N SwatchesMy Profile

Vineetha January 23, 2014 at 3:02 pm

Lots of bobbi brown ones this year! nice compilation :-)
Vineetha recently posted..Chanel Intonation(69) Le Blush Crème de ChanelMy Profile

tiny January 24, 2014 at 4:11 pm

Want to try bobbi brown concealors and Lipsticks V V badly……
Why Ponds BB cream is not in either Readers choice or editors choice….Thats the only decent BB cream worked for Me among maybelline BB cream,Loreal tinted moisturiser and Garnier one..
tiny recently posted..2013 : An Ending Note :)My Profile

krithi January 25, 2014 at 11:55 pm

Mehak
try Keihls Midnight recovery concentrate
it is one of the best night oil and supposed to be anti ageing too
give it a try :)
krithi recently posted..MAC RiRi Woo Matte cool red (Retro Matte) Lipstick ReviewMy Profile