Star Guild Awards 2014 Red Carpet : Who Wore What !

by mehak on January 17, 2014

in Celebrity

sonakshi-sinha-star-guild

Picture courtesy www.blodsky.com

Oh. Em . GEE !! Is that SONAKSHI SINHA ?? The ‘Im not scared of slaps, im scared of love’  damsel in distress’  ? She looks SUPER FAB  at the Star Guild Awards 2014. Simple Black jumpsuit by Rachel Roy with a gold belt and a high top knot – the girl killled it IMO! Either she has lost a ton of weight or that is some sort of a magical black jumpsuit that shall change a womans world ! Love the earrings , love the extra arched eyebrows, love the makeup!

INDIA-ARTS-CINEMA-BOLLYWOOD

Kareena Kapoor wore a sequinned , shimmery number that makes it look like she is going to break into a mermaid item number. (Mere Finns badnaam hue? Fishes ke lie??) Plus those black heels showing through look jarring to me no? The other thing i think- when you go full on shimmer in your outfit..keep your hair super sleek, keep makeup next to nothing but one bright hot pink lip. There was a bit too much going on here!

Shraddha-Kapoor-at-Star-Guild-Awards-2014

Shraddha Kapoor wore Donna Karen. She looked nice, just wish her hair were more wavy and to one side to suit the gown!

Nimrat-Kaur-at-Star-Guild-Awards-2014

The impish Nimrit Kaur was in a dull sequined colorblock saree with a lace blouse. Love the blouse- wish it had been a plain orange saree against that black blouse !

Deepika-Padukone-Guild-Awards-9

Deepika Padukone- if only that skirt had been full and crisp and voluminous it wouldn’t have looked like a  big blue and black sack around her legs. Love the blouse though- but that skirt needed to be super flared or A line- the fit is aweful!

Huma-Qureshi-at-Star-Guild-Awards-2014

Hume Qureshi Cleaned up nicely in a Gauri and Nainika gown that was honestly quite flattering on her shape . She looked nice, minus the makeup which i didnt like at all!

Images from www.indicine.com

Who do you think did the best?

Ashima January 17, 2014 at 8:01 pm

Im not scared of slaps, im scared of love’ damsel in distress’ !!! I can’t stop laughing!! Haha! Sonakshi Sinha looks fab, I agree!! I quite liked Vaani Kapoor’s look as well, in the black and golden Nikhil Thampi gown!

mehak January 17, 2014 at 11:37 pm

Ooh i didnt see her
mehak recently posted..Star Guild Awards 2014 Red Carpet : Who Wore What !My Profile

Clothes and Creativity January 17, 2014 at 8:41 pm

Sonakshi Sinha does look chic! But her pose in photo#1 is weird!

Kareena Kapoor should have gone for nude heels! Black does look kind of tacky with her OTT shimmery maxi.

Interesting choice of clothes in case of Deepika, but I agree, the skirt would have looked nicer with a full flare.

Nimrat’s blouse is great but paired with this saree, it looks kinda odd.
Clothes and Creativity recently posted..OOTD: Smart CasualsMy Profile

Sumathi January 17, 2014 at 9:08 pm

Sonakshi Sinha is looking really really nice.. Looks like she has lost a lot of weight. I want a jumpsuit like that now..
Kareena Kapoor why sooooo much bling.. My eyes :P
I think if Deepika’s skirt was really huge, I mean if it had a lot of volume it would have looked quite nice..
Sumathi recently posted..Winter Skin Care: What workedMy Profile

Ankita Singh January 17, 2014 at 10:41 pm

Kareena looks a bit like Morticia Adams here! The dark eye make-up and the red lips with the bling, give a very vamp/witch kinda look, just too much.

mehak January 17, 2014 at 11:38 pm
Mayuri January 17, 2014 at 11:15 pm

I liked Shraddha Kapoor’s gown :) lovely post <3
Mayuri recently posted..My first ever Haul post – Real Techniques brushes and other goodies :)My Profile

Swati January 17, 2014 at 11:47 pm

Oh my! Sonakshi Sinha has lost quite some weight! Or atleast it looks so. Loved her whole look, the gold belt, hair and makeup. everything! Why did Kareena go so blingy?!
Swati recently posted..Nail Art with Maybelline Colour Shows :)My Profile

Shivi@COSMOCHICS January 18, 2014 at 12:12 am

Lol the pose of Sonakshi in the pic is weird! but her jumpsuit is nice! :)

Jyoti January 18, 2014 at 1:11 am

Sonakshi Sinha looks weird in this pose :D I like shraddha kapoor’s outfit <3
Jyoti recently posted..Top Ten Skin Creams Available In India!My Profile

Esmerelle January 18, 2014 at 3:01 am

Hi Mehak,
When will you put up the results of the best of 2013 awards?

Esmerelle January 18, 2014 at 3:03 am

I meant the results of the P&B Beauty awards. Also do put up your choices on the best of 2013 too.

Supria January 18, 2014 at 5:54 am

omg I dint think that was Sonakshi until I read your comment. She sure has lost a tonne of weight… She looks brilliant!
Supria recently posted..French Pharmacy ShoppingMy Profile

Deepti January 18, 2014 at 8:03 am

This is the 1st time I have seen Deepika dressed up so badly!! Like the blouse but the skirt is duhh!! Sonakshi looks hot but somehow I get a feeling that she hasn’t lost the weight, it just doesn’t look like her body to me!! Lets see the awards then only we can tell better!

Ria George January 18, 2014 at 12:36 pm

I love your blog but you do make some appalling grammatical errors.

1. It is ‘awful’ not ‘aweful’.
2. You dance on a table or on something, not ‘on a song’. What you should be writing is, ‘I danced to this song’ or ‘they danced to that song’.
3. ‘I am liking the peach lehenga’ is incorrect. It is always, ‘I like the peach lehenga’.

Your blog is great! :)

Anita January 18, 2014 at 1:26 pm

Shraddha looks close to ethereal!
Nice round up Mehak :)
Just read your previous post! My hunch: you moving abroad :p
Keep us posted. Your excitement is infectious for us followers ;)

Bonny January 18, 2014 at 3:34 pm

On Sonakshi Sinha—–Is that really her??!!! The pic looks morphed!! OR has she truly shed so much of weight??
For DP she has entertained us so much with her good looks and awesome style so far that we can choose to ignore this one at aleast once. I am in awe with her!!
Bonny recently posted..Review and Swatch of Rimmel Scandaleyes Shadow Stick- 009 Blamed BlueMy Profile

Gowthami January 18, 2014 at 7:07 pm

Shraddha’s gown looks gorgeous!! Beautiful post <3
Gowthami recently posted..Look: Everyday Purple Office Wear Eye-MakeupMy Profile

Chris January 18, 2014 at 8:08 pm

Sonakshi looks smashing! And yeah, I think Deepika’s skirt needs changing.
Chris recently posted..Regina’s Lipcolors on “Once Upon a Time”My Profile

Bhuvana January 19, 2014 at 12:53 am

Sonakshi looks super sleek !!!
Bhuvana recently posted..Sleeping beautyMy Profile

D's Mom January 19, 2014 at 2:40 am

Loved Sonakshi’s look the best.
Shraddha’s gown is beautiful, but her makeup looks weird.
Somehow I feel that her face looks whiter than the rest of her body…..or is it just me?

Liked Nimrit Kaur’s saree and blouse…..but separately :)

Love the way you write Mehak…..always manage to bring a smile to my face.
D’s Mom recently posted..D and his Wayfars – Blogathon Post 18My Profile

Shikha January 19, 2014 at 12:24 pm

I think Sonakshi looks the best out of all the rest. She is totally owning the look!
Shikha recently posted..Giveaway! Win Mac Stroke of Midnight Coral BagMy Profile

Ankita Singh January 20, 2014 at 12:25 am

I really liked Nimrat’s saree. The blouse somehow doesn’t go with it, not that I can suggest something :P
And DP looks like she was going for some banjara sort of look, or was a carefree college girl from DU look? She does look nice, even if the outfit screams “what the hell were you thinking” to me ;)

Amani Zaara January 20, 2014 at 1:40 am

No matter what kareena looks super gorgeous.. Yes everything was overdone but she looks pretty..
Amani Zaara recently posted..Sleek Blush By 3 Sweet Cheek Review N SwatchesMy Profile

Shreya January 20, 2014 at 10:36 pm

Omgsh look at Sonakshi she has lost lot of weight I guess … She looks fabulous ! Great post dear …thanks for sharing
Shreya recently posted..Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Concealer ReviewMy Profile

Tanvi January 22, 2014 at 3:24 am

I do not mind Deepika’s outfit that much! She looks nice. But it is just me I guess.

∞ © tanvii.com ∞

mehak January 22, 2014 at 10:06 am

I do think she looks nice too- but the girl can probably look nice in just about anything !!!
Love the blouse not so much the skirt– but hey yr the fashion expert !