The Best Coral Lipsticks for Indian Skin: Top 10 !

by mehak on January 7, 2014

in colorbar, Lip Products, Lipsticks

The Best Coral Lipsticks in India

Every year you hear some sort of a ridiculous statement like “Is pink the new black?” , or is “Green the new black” ?  Nothing is EVER the new black ok people! Just like nothing can ever be the ‘ New Spice Girls’  (Admit it- you have sung Yoooo Tell me what you want  with your friends at some point of time)  or the ‘New I Phone’  or the ‘New coral’ . Its that one shade of gorgeousness between orange and pink that makes girls go weak in the knees and do all sorts of delusional things like buy 10 kinds of coral lipsticks, or dream about coral dressers, or hunt for coral pumps , or plan their weddings around the theme of a  Coral Lehenga. What?  Thats just me? Oh. Ok.  I shall shut up then.

[nbox type="notice"] These are my top picks for the best coral lipsticks for Indian skin. Buy some of these over at our favourite online beauty store-Nykaa [/nbox]

1. Bourjois Shine Edition Lipstick Soleil 1,2,3 (Left swatch in picture above): Price : 955/-

New favourite coral shade discovered in 2013 for me and something that’s super hydrating and super flattering on the lips – gives such a pretty, drenched look i absolutely love!!!! If you have to pick a coral. Pick this one ladies, its super hot without being extra bright , and gives your lips a wash of beautiful , shiney coral that looks effortless!

Best Suited for: All skintones

2.Inglot Freedom System Lipstick #01

Though this coral is bright, it is still the kind of bright a lot of medium skin girls can carry off with aplomb and its super pigmented, and comfortable to wear as well. Its a bit annoying to buy lipsticks in a pan form though which is why this doesnt get as much attention as it deserves

Best suited for: Light to Medium skintones

3. Maybelline High Shine Color Sensational Lip Gloss in Captivating Coral (Rs 350) : Buy it from here /–

This one is more orange than coral, but its absolutely , super fab guys !!! It looks like a gorgeous effortless wash of peachy orange on the lips and frankly the high shine lipgloss formula from Maybelline is probably the best drugstore gloss on the market. Non sticky, pigmented and a TOTAL steal! Must buy IMO!

Best suited for: All Indian skintones, specially medium to dusky

4. Colorbar Creme Touch Lipstick Sienna A Magic (Rs 450) : Buy it from here

Gorgeous, Gorgeous color in an excellent formula. Do note- the actual color is brighter than my lip swatch and definitely more orange, but its a bright that looks good on Indian skin tones so there goes.

Best suited for: Medium skintones

5. COlorbar Creme touch lipstick Nude Coral (Rs 450) : Buy it here

A muted, earthy nude more than a coral, but those of you searching for a peachy nude everyday kind of coral wont be dissapointed. This is up there in one of my favourite lipsticks of all time!

Best suited for: Everyone!

6. Lotus Herbals Lipstick in Carnation

A beautiful peachy orange and super easy on the pocket too- this vivid coral suits dusky girls as much as the lighter ones.

Best suited for: Medium to dusky

7. Bobbi Brown Calypso

One of the brightest , neon corals ever known to woman-kind !! One that is super super gorgeous on lighter to medium toned ladies, but may look a bit too off the darker ones! If you are looking for a bright, bright coral though then Calypso will be your best friend.

Best suited for: Light to Medium

8. Mac Cross Wires Lipstick

I feel like Mac doesnt make enough corals honestly and this is possibly the only coral lipstick from Mac i really like !

Best suited for: Medium skintone

9. Maybelline Coral Lustre High Shine Color Sensational Lipstick

This is a pretty , sheer orangey coral that isnt bright  or out there. It provides just a subtle wash of beautiful coral across your lips so those girls who want to try a coral but not ina  neon sort of a way, go ahead

Best suited for: Everyone

10. Maybelline Bold Mate 02 Lipstick

One of the brightest  lipsticks iv worn but this is one of the nicest bright corals in the market. The matte formula is super comfortable to wear,it lasts long and its a gorgeous coral shade that will flatter medium and light skintones.

Best suited for: Light to Medium

11: Extra mention: Colorbar Lip pot in Coral Crush. LOVE THIS COLOR!

Reviews about each of these can be found on P&B. Just use the search box on the top right!

Manasi January 7, 2014 at 4:07 pm

I like the Bonjoris one and lotus calypso the most :)
Manasi recently posted..COLORBAR pout in pot Tingy Orange: ReviewMy Profile

Meghana January 7, 2014 at 4:34 pm

Bobbi Brown Calypso is the best of all. goes into my list. :)
Meghana recently posted..Beetroot Halwa – Dessert RecipeMy Profile

Ankita Singh January 7, 2014 at 4:36 pm

I so agree, so tired of hearing this or that is the new black! And I used to sing “If you wanna be my lover” :D
You’re so funny :-)
I have the Bourjois one and I looooveee it, though the Lotus one looks good as well. Are they similar? I’m planning to buy the Lotus one :-)

mehak January 7, 2014 at 4:40 pm

no very diff.
lotus is more earthy peachy type and less shine and gloss.

Ankita Singh January 7, 2014 at 5:09 pm

Great then I’ll go ahead, thanks Mehak :-)

D's Mom January 7, 2014 at 5:48 pm

Loved the Lotus Herbals and Bobbi Brown Calypso ones the best!
D’s Mom recently posted..Coffee Anyone? – Blogathon Post 7My Profile

Supria January 7, 2014 at 6:01 pm

All gorgeous gorgeous colours. Love the Bourjois shine edition swatch :)
Supria recently posted..Moisturiser for oily skin dried out by treatments – La Roche Posay ReviewMy Profile

neer January 7, 2014 at 6:01 pm

Here’s a total steal of a coral lipstick: Avon totally kissable in caressing coral. Must. Have! I don’t finish lipsticks….ever…but I bought a back up of this.

Xuvious January 7, 2014 at 6:26 pm

I love Coral Lustre. Want to try Calypso though! :)
Xuvious recently posted..Soap & Glory Scrub ‘Em and Leave ‘Em Body BuffMy Profile

Swati January 7, 2014 at 7:40 pm

I really liked the Colorbar ones and the Maybelline gloss too! Need to get one out of them soon :)
Swati recently posted..The Body Shop White Musk EDT : ReviewMy Profile

Tina January 7, 2014 at 8:27 pm

Hi Mehak,

How would you compare Sienna A Magic with Bronze Orange from Maybelline? I swatched Sienna A Magic once, couldnt decide in the mall lighting if it was similar to Bronze Orange.

mehak January 7, 2014 at 8:28 pm

For you- go with Bronze orange !! more flattering. Sienna Magic looks more orangey on the lips

Shreya January 7, 2014 at 9:13 pm

I got MAC cross wires after reading your review and I just can’t stop loving it ! Such a pretty color !
btw thanks for the great post….really very helpful
Shreya recently posted..BnB Forecast : 2014 Makeup TrendsMy Profile

Arzoo January 7, 2014 at 9:20 pm

Such an awesome post, this post will come handy when picking up coral shades.
Arzoo recently posted..Dove Nutrium Moisture Go Fresh Face Wash ReviewMy Profile

Mayuri January 7, 2014 at 11:13 pm

lovely compilation.. thanks for sharing dear :)
Mayuri recently posted..Review: Amway Artistry Essentials Moisture Intense Masque: A hydrating treat for your skin!My Profile

shruti January 8, 2014 at 1:01 am

Hi Mehak,

Give NARS velvet gloss lip pencil ‘New Lover’ a try if you get a chance. It is described as gold infused strawberry pink but on Indian skintones, it is more of a coral with a beautiful sheen. The formula is nice too.

Jyoti January 8, 2014 at 1:21 am

I love Maybelline Bold Mate 02 Lipstick :) This one is pretty nice I must say!
Jyoti recently posted..My Last Month’s EmptiesMy Profile

Shivi@COSMOCHICS January 8, 2014 at 9:16 am

Bourjois & Maybelline rocks! Rest all shades are nice too!

Shruti January 8, 2014 at 9:18 am

MAC Coral Bliss has to be and is my go-to Coral lipstick. Haven’t found one as gorgeous as that one yet!
Shruti recently posted..L’Oréal Paris Kajal MagiqueMy Profile

Aparna January 8, 2014 at 9:42 am

Try kiss me coral from revlon…its an awesome coral shade..!

Shikha January 8, 2014 at 10:18 am

Soleil and Calypso goes in my wish list
Shikha recently posted..Gift Packaging is a creativityMy Profile

Ashima January 8, 2014 at 11:05 am

OMG! This is a lovely post! I am super tempted to buy ALL of them! But the Bourjois Shine Edition Lipstick is what I am buying like right now!!!

Ankita Singh January 8, 2014 at 2:06 pm

Hey Mehak,
Did you get my email? Just asking, since the size was too big so may be you didn’t.

mehak January 8, 2014 at 2:16 pm

hi ankita…
which email??

Ankita Singh January 8, 2014 at 2:54 pm

The one(s) with the real bride story and photos

mehak January 8, 2014 at 3:32 pm

yeah got htose !

Ankita Singh January 8, 2014 at 3:33 pm

Great! :-)

Abhilasha January 8, 2014 at 2:43 pm

I love coral..its the perfect balance between nude and red…I think I like 1 and 2 the most…also the consistency of Lotus looks great. Haven’t tried Lotus yet but its such a great price point and lovely colours ..im sure I am trying soon.
Alos, since Ankita just asked…I was wondering if you received my mail too? Its been a few months..thought u were too busy for it but then since it came up in the previous comment I thought of asking too..
Happy new year n lots of luv
Abhilasha recently posted..Motorcycle DiariesMy Profile

mehak January 8, 2014 at 3:37 pm

hi abhilasha…which mail ?

Abhilasha January 9, 2014 at 7:33 am

Ahh Mehak..its actually a big relief to know that maybe u did not get the mail or it got lost in ur inbox..when I received no reply n no acknowledgement…I was wondering…u seem so nice in all your posts..so was wondering..
hehe..but I feel better now..maybe you never read it..
Thanks for this reply..
You will get a mail soon
Love
Abhilasha recently posted..Motorcycle Diaries : Printed Pants, Studs And HeelsMy Profile

mehak January 9, 2014 at 2:55 pm

I get close to 80 emails daily. And thats in one account…

Abhilasha January 10, 2014 at 8:18 pm

I understand Mehak :)
love
Abhilasha recently posted..Sabyasachi, DIY And Speaking Your MindMy Profile

Karishma January 8, 2014 at 8:44 pm

Lovely pics Mehak!
P.S. Please watch Orange is the new black if you can :)
Karishma recently posted..Wander Snaps: KanyakumariMy Profile

deepti January 8, 2014 at 10:22 pm

awesome shade selection..loved all the shades!
deepti recently posted..Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Nail Paint in ‘Coral Reef’My Profile

Amani Zaara January 8, 2014 at 10:55 pm

Great posts..
Amani Zaara recently posted..Avon Rose Petal Whitening Mask ReviewMy Profile

Heena January 8, 2014 at 11:29 pm

Ooh.. Super Useful Compilation!
Heena recently posted..Tutorial: Glamorous Eye Makeup and LipsMy Profile

Sangeeta January 9, 2014 at 12:55 am

I like Sienna a lot. My kind of shade. :)
Sangeeta recently posted..Aroma Magic: Camphor Ice Foot CreamMy Profile

Tanmayee January 9, 2014 at 10:15 pm

Love Crosswires :)
Tanmayee recently posted..Maybelline Cheeky Glow Blush ” Creamy Cinnamon” SwatchesMy Profile

Vineetha January 10, 2014 at 10:25 am

I would love to add Maybelline Vivids Shocking Coral to the list! Such a pretty shade :-) And Too faced Bon Bon too
Vineetha recently posted..MAC Huggable Lipcolor Red Necessity Review, SwatchesMy Profile

Blushnblossom January 10, 2014 at 4:25 pm

My favourite is bourjoris shone edition soleil 1,2,3 and inglot freedom system 01 and buy colorbar cremé touch nude coral…… I love coral and peachy shade
Blushnblossom recently posted..Introducing : The Weight Loss DiariesMy Profile

Rhea January 11, 2014 at 4:28 pm

I have very warm-toned skin, so I have been on the lookout for a good coral. This post definitely helped narrow down my options :)
Rhea recently posted..GIVEAWAY! Orly, Lakmé, Faces, Sally Hansen and more!My Profile