The Best Kajal in India: Lakme Eyeconic vs Maybelline vs Loreal !

by mehak on January 19, 2014

in Eyeliner, Lakme, Loreal, Maybelline, Reviews

best-kajal-maybelline-collosal-lakme-eyeconic-loreal-agique Ting Ting Ting!

The battle lines are drawn and the 3 way match is about to get started ! In Corner 1, we have the affable, yellow taxi cab like packaged Maybelline Collosal. He is the first of the ‘new age’ kajals to enter the market and continues to be a favourite. In Corner 2, cool and collected is Lakme Eyeconic flexing his slender body – arch enemy of  Maybelline Collosal- they have a long twisted history between them. Story goes that Lakme Eyeconic stole Collosal’s girl back in 2011 and things havent been the same since then.. In Corner 3 is the dark and mysterious Loreal Kajal Magique- new kid on the block but with lots of potential.

Who will win the Kajal Wars and emerge victorious. Stay tuned folks – this is a match you dont want to miss!

[nbox type="notice"] Buy all of these from Nykaa [/nbox]

Pigmentation:  Most of these are super dark so literally one point should go to all, but if you are a stickler for details then Maybelline COllosal is the darkest of the three  and Loreal Magique is the weakest of the three. Winner: Maybelline Collosal

Texture: Eyeconic is definitely creamier and easier to apply than Collosal.  As is Loreal Magique – has a better texture and glide. Winner : Lakme Eyeconic/ Loreal Magique

Longevity : Lakme Eyeconic Lasts all day, everyday on my lids without budging. Maybelline lasts long but i do notice fading at the end of the day and Loreal Magique gets slightly transferred on oily lids . Winner: Lakme Eyeconic

Smudge Proof: Both Collosal and Eyeconic are completely smudge resistant. Loreal Magique is smudge resistant as well but it does get transfered. Winner: Maybelline COllosal / Lakme Eyeconic

Easy Removability: This is a very important factor for me, because i hate makeup that doesnt get removed properly. With Eyeconic i really really struggle to get it off because only oil based removers are able to remove it. Result: Wake up with kajal residue and tired looking eyes. Winner: Maybelline Collosal

Price  & Availability :

[nbox type="notice"]Maybelline Collosal Kajal is priced at Rs 175/- and is available here [/nbox]

[nbox type="notice"]Lakme Eyeconic is Prices at Rs 250/- and is available here [/nbox]

[nbox type="notice"]Loreal Paris Kajal Magique is priced at 240/- and is available here [/nbox]

SO THE WINNER IS:

• Going by all the points above,   Lakme Eyeconic seems to emerge as the winner as it is actually better in the texture department and lasts longer .
  • Personally however, my own preference is the Maybelline Collosal. The reason being that for me removing a kajal is MOST important and I hate it if I cannot get a kohl off my eyes (which happens with Eyeconic and Kajal Magique)
  • The Loreal Kajal Magique is also a pretty fantastic kajal and is very similar to Eyeconic but it isnt as black

Read full reviewsMaybelline Collosal,   Lakme Eyeconic,  Loreal Magique

best-kajal-lakme-eyeconic-loreal-magique-maybelline-collosal

Sumathi January 19, 2014 at 10:00 pm

Lakme Eyeconic seems to be a winner :) I was planning to buy it next after my Colossal Kajal got over, now I’m thinking cos I too don’t like to work too hard while removing my kajal..
Sumathi recently posted..My world of FearMy Profile

Ayesha AK (@RudeandChic) January 19, 2014 at 10:06 pm

I actually did a review recently and the one that proved to be the blackest black is the one from Chambor (glossy) and Revlon Color Stay (Blackest black) and all these didn’t stand a chance. But yes removal is a price to pay for the blackest black.
Ayesha AK (@RudeandChic) recently posted..Product Review // The Body Shop Olive Body ButterMy Profile

Sheena January 19, 2014 at 11:06 pm

Yes! I personally love Maybelline colossal kajal too.. Also it is the easiest eye pencil to find in my kajal case. The bright yellow instantly catches your eye and is a blessing especially if you are in a hurry.
Sheena recently posted..OOTD – Date Night!My Profile

Clothes and Creativity January 19, 2014 at 11:11 pm

Haven’t used L’Oréal and Lakme Kajal, but I do use the Maybelline one, and I can safely say that it’s quite good. In fact, I ordered 3 of them during the Nykaa sale! :D

I’d also bought an Incolor Kajal (after reading on a blog) once, and must say that I was quite impressed by the quality of the product.
Clothes and Creativity recently posted..OOTD: Smart CasualsMy Profile

Embellished January 19, 2014 at 11:39 pm

I’m actually not a fan of the Maybelline or the Lakme ones. :( Haven’t tried L’oreal, yet.
Embellished recently posted..This Week: Maybelline Colorshow in Buried TreasureMy Profile

KJ January 19, 2014 at 11:44 pm
Bhuvana January 20, 2014 at 12:50 am

Its always maybelline for me :) But eyeing on Lakme me Brown eyeliner ;)
Bhuvana recently posted..Quick Tip: Get that damn volume on your hair !My Profile

Amani Zaara January 20, 2014 at 1:33 am

Lakme ones are really good.. I agree..
Amani Zaara recently posted..Sleek Blush By 3 Sweet Cheek Review N SwatchesMy Profile

Poorva January 20, 2014 at 4:44 am

im an eyeconic fan :D
Poorva recently posted..Rant & Rave ~ The Body Shop Lychee Shimmer lip balm.My Profile

Sangeeta January 20, 2014 at 9:15 am

I like eyeconic but it is a pain to remove.
Sangeeta recently posted..Maybelline: Color Sensational Lip Gloss in Touch of ToffeeMy Profile

Lisha January 20, 2014 at 10:52 am

If we talk about texture and pigmentation then Lakme Eyeconic is the winner for me. But when it comes to longevity Kajal Magique wins hands down. It just does not budge!
Lisha recently posted..L’Oreal Paris Shine Caresse in Bella Review & SwatchesMy Profile

Blushes and Beyond January 20, 2014 at 11:03 am

Im a colossal fan. For 175 rs. its an amazing product. Must have repurchased it atleast 10 times by now.
Blushes and Beyond recently posted..MAC Archies Girls Brush SetMy Profile

Ashima January 20, 2014 at 11:15 am

Completely agree with your review of the Collosal and the Eyeconic! I have used the Collosal and really liked it! Currently using the Eyeconic and have bought the L’oreal Magique for using it once I lose my current one! :)

But between the Collosal and Eyeconic – I think the Eyeconic works better for me – primarily because Longevity is really important for me! :)

Shruti January 20, 2014 at 11:31 am

Kajal Magique for the longevity any day.. But as far as pigmentation is concerned, it’s definitely Maybelline! Can’t select the one out of these two! :P
Shruti recently posted..Pink and Purple Eye Makeup TutorialMy Profile

krithi January 20, 2014 at 12:25 pm

I want to buy Loreazl one may be
or Im confused :)
Good post
krithi recently posted..Lakme ABSOLUTE Forever Silk Eyeliner-Jaded Mint ReviewMy Profile

supria January 20, 2014 at 1:16 pm

I too hate kajals and mascaras that are a pain to get off. I tend to steer clear pf waterproof formulas.

I am yet to try any of these kajals. Will definitely give the colossal a try when I get a chance soon
supria recently posted..The Ghost Face – FOTDMy Profile

Shikha January 20, 2014 at 1:29 pm

My vote for Maybelline as its good daily wear liner.. Eyeconic for those days when I need to travel and stay outdoors for longr duration. I have not tried L’OREAL one
Shikha recently posted..Pre Bridal SessionsMy Profile

Tina January 20, 2014 at 2:26 pm

Currently, I am using all three, and I find myself reaching for the Eyeconic kajal a bit more. L’oreal Kajal transfers and fades as well, and Colossal tugs just a wee bit compared to Eyeconic. But my favorite is Revlon Blackest Black.

The Blah Queen January 20, 2014 at 2:52 pm

Lakme eyeconic is my favourite out of the three…I would have chosen magique over eyeconic if it was dark enough !!
The Blah Queen recently posted..Review : Maybelline Lip PolishMy Profile

M January 20, 2014 at 3:09 pm

Haven’t used Kajal Magique…out of the other two I’d say my pick is Eyeconic…but honestly I find them all pretty much similar except for a few small differences!

Gowthami January 20, 2014 at 8:43 pm

I like Lakme, pigmentation and texture wise!~
Gowthami recently posted..Look: Everyday Purple Office Wear Eye-MakeupMy Profile

Shreya January 20, 2014 at 10:42 pm

Wow great comparison dear …. I have sensitive eyes so for me Lakme Eyeconic is the true winner !
Shreya recently posted..Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Concealer ReviewMy Profile

rinnee January 20, 2014 at 11:20 pm

i have used all the 3 and i personally have decided to stick to colossal kajal..the loreal one is not black enough and it doesnt last long..it smudges sometimes:( lakme eyeconic is just fine for me…but pricier than maybelline.

Priyanjana January 21, 2014 at 12:59 am

Hey thanks !!
Priyanjana recently posted..Try free product samples with Social Noise and my experienceMy Profile

coralcrue January 21, 2014 at 4:07 am

I like the way you’ve written this post, the build up to it was like all three kajals where in a boxing ring with boxer shorts and all. hahahhaha I loved it. I use Eyeconic but i will befriend the other two after it gets over :) I like trying everything out. We Indian girls are so lucky to have so many choice in terms of kajal!
coralcrue recently posted..CouponRani Website: A ReviewMy Profile

Vipra S January 21, 2014 at 9:21 am

Awesome Comparison Dear :)
Eyeconic is still my favorite but the L’oreal one is a great substitute and I’m loving it for a change ;)
Vipra S recently posted..Lakme Eyeconic Kajal White – Review, Swatches, EOTD & FOTDMy Profile

Sassy January 21, 2014 at 12:27 pm

My vote also goes for Lakme Eyeconic. Hey what about the White one..Kareena is doing the ad. It seems to dramatic for me..
Sassy recently posted..Diet Chart for WeightlossMy Profile

Kayennat January 21, 2014 at 5:10 pm

To all those who have issues removing long lasting eyeliner, have you tried oil cleansing? Removes waterproof makeup so easily with no tugging and constant rubbing!
I personally want to try all of them but none of them are available here :(
Kayennat recently posted..WHAT’S ON MY BEDSIDE TABLE: KAYENNATMy Profile

Rashmi January 22, 2014 at 7:53 am

I have tried all th 3 . LAKME EYECONIC is the best n M in love with it. Will buy only it again n again.

Rashmi January 23, 2014 at 12:51 pm

I absolutely swear by the lakme eyeconic! Love it. I keep a stock of chambor and mac liner but nothing better than eyeconic to smudgefree kajal all day long during office hours.
Rashmi recently posted..A day in Backwaters – KeralaMy Profile