A No Eyeshadow Smokey Eye Tutorial !

by mehak on February 25, 2014

in Eye Makeup Looks, Makeup Tutorials

smokey-eye-tutorial-stp4-001

I have a tutorial for you girls that is so easy, you can do it with your eyes closed ! (Well actually, you are supposed to do all tutorials with your eyes closed but still this one is like a total cakewalk!) . All you need is :

1. The new Bobbi Brown Smokey Eye Eyeliner (I have the one in Amethyst Black)

2. The Bobbi Brown Smokey Eye Mascara (Or whatever other mascara you have)

3. (If you are not using the Bobbi Brown Eyeliner and are using any other kajal you will need a cotton bud and vaseline)

simple-smokey-eye-tutorial-noeyeshadow-001

Moving clockwise from top left

1. Naked eye, just with Bobbi Brown Tinted Eye Brightener used under eye

2. Apply the eyeliner like a a regular thin liner on your upper lid

3. Take the smudger end of the pencil and smudge it. The motion should be like you would use an eraser on a line-going back and forth

4. Thats how pretty and smudgy it looks (If you dont have the Bobbi Brown Eyeliner and want the same effect with your kohl which doesnt smudge so beautifully, take a cotton pud and dip it in Vaseline then smudge. Little trick I learnt from Lisa Eldridge)

5. Open your eye and see if you want to make it even more smudgier. I let it be

5. Line your water line. Keep the pencil more intense in the outer corner and minimal in the inner corner

6. Take the smudger and smudge the same way (Thickest at outer corner)

7. Ta-da. Add mascara and you are done!

You can go more dramatic. For example i could have done a super thick line from the liner and then smudged it, but I like to keep it subtle so I limited it .

I am wearing Mac Hug Me on my lips with a baby pink lipgloss and Mac Face & Body Foundation in the face shot !

Here is a little infographic for you guys to pin on pinterest!

smokey-eye-tutorial1

Supria February 25, 2014 at 9:58 am

This eye looks goes so well with your black top Mehak. I am gonna try this with the products I have :)
Supria recently posted..Empties and their replacements!My Profile

swati r February 25, 2014 at 11:05 am

Love the color.. But since it smudges so easily does it stay put? Does it transfer to socket and under the eyes ( panda eyes

mehak February 25, 2014 at 11:31 am

hi swati..well i wont wear it everyday thats for sure
but no it doesnt give panda eyes though it does smudge throughout the day

D's Mom February 25, 2014 at 11:10 am

Looks super gorgeous and the little tip is very helpful….thank you :)
D’s Mom recently posted..Games We Play – SupermarketMy Profile

Shikha February 25, 2014 at 11:17 am

you look beautiful Mehak
Shikha recently posted..A preview of Sagan outfit and mehendi…. Today is D-dayMy Profile

laks February 25, 2014 at 11:30 am

I am gonna try this, simple but pretty you look dear :)
laks recently posted..South Indian Bridal Necklaces – Kerala Version!My Profile

Ruchi February 25, 2014 at 11:31 am

Hi u luk awesome❤u think this will suit girls with dark eyelids and wheatish complexion

mehak February 25, 2014 at 11:41 am

Hi ruchi
Yes absolutely! If you have darker lids then might as well put dark eyeshadow and make em look smokey right !

Lisha@HeartBowsMakeup February 25, 2014 at 11:43 am

You look radiant! Loved the easy peasy tutorial! This is the look I wear pretty much everyday!
Lisha@HeartBowsMakeup recently posted..Inglot Freedom System Lipstick Refill 02 : Review & SwatchesMy Profile

Sumathi February 25, 2014 at 11:53 am

You look so fresh and radiant.. I love this kinda smokey eye. It’s quick, easy and still looks nice..
I try this out when I’m in a hurry and have no time to spare on makeup :)
Sumathi recently posted..Weekend With The Blogger 3: What’s Keeping Me BusyMy Profile

krithi February 25, 2014 at 11:58 am

U look very pretty
krithi recently posted..Socia Media BanMy Profile

Manasi February 25, 2014 at 12:00 pm

Love your eye images!! you made it look so easy to do even beginners will do that easily :)
Manasi recently posted..Star Studded evening at Designer Harsh Gupta’s Spring Summer 2014 launch partyMy Profile

mily February 25, 2014 at 12:08 pm

now i really NNED to get MAC f & B foundation…you look so glowing and beautiful! but no bobbi brown here..so will try this with my bourjois smoky liner which is amazing but is a PAIN to sharpen!

Ankita Singh February 25, 2014 at 12:52 pm

Life saver, this one! I tried smokey eyes but being a make-up toddler, ended up wiping away everything the first time and giving myself kung fu panda eyes the second time. Will surely try this one.
Also, Mehak, I have a doubt – I have often seen you and many others wear smokey eyes with black or dark outfits. Can the smokey eye be paired with light coloured pastels or whites?

Aayushi February 25, 2014 at 1:08 pm

LOL Same thing happened with me :D

Peachesandblush February 25, 2014 at 3:36 pm

Hi Ankita..
Yes absolutely..infact if you wear a pastel like shell pink outfit and do a shell pink lipstick with smokey eye it looks fab!

The only time i would avoid a smokey eye is if im wearing something really bright.
Peachesandblush recently posted..5 Things We Can Learn from Pakistani Brides !My Profile

Ramya ursgorgeously February 25, 2014 at 1:03 pm

Smokey eye could have never been soo easy! Must have….and awesome clicks Mehek!
Ramya ursgorgeously recently posted..Maybelline Pink Alert Lipstick swatchesMy Profile

Arzoo February 25, 2014 at 1:31 pm

This looks so easy and damn good, I’m gonna try it out for sure, thanks Mehak for sharing this easy tute.
Arzoo recently posted..Maybelline Lip Polish Glam 13 Review, Swatches and LOTD: My First Lip Gloss Love!My Profile

Preeti Kaur February 25, 2014 at 1:33 pm

It looks like a walk in the park for noobs like me :P
Preeti Kaur recently posted..ELF Mineral Face Primer Clear ReviewMy Profile

Neha February 25, 2014 at 1:37 pm

U look so so pretty…. i need to get this as i love smokey eyes :D :*

Fiona February 25, 2014 at 1:57 pm

Super easy! M loving it… Im pretty much dumb when it comes to smokey eyes and using more than one shadow makes it look very shabby obviously bz I’m bad at it. I would wanna try this but getting my hands on BObbi brown is difficult and one mor question can I use smolder from MAC? Or can you recommend something. Thanks a ton!
Fiona recently posted..Avène gives Indian skin tripple protection this summer with the AveneSunSitive Protection Range!My Profile

Shivi@COSMOCHICS February 25, 2014 at 2:12 pm

I like these easy tutorials! Nicely explained! :)
Shivi@COSMOCHICS recently posted..Joves Insta Fair Liquorice Glow Pack An Exotic Blend Of Imported Clay & Wild Fruits: Review & SwatchesMy Profile

Priyanka Jain February 25, 2014 at 2:37 pm

simple and easy :) nice tutorial..

Priyanka recently posted: http://allthatshelovess.blogspot.in/2014/02/cute-bow-manicure.html

Rashmi February 25, 2014 at 2:51 pm

Wow…its super easy and looks so beautiful…:-)
Rashmi recently posted..4 Home Made Cleansing Creams With Natural Ingredients-Do It YourselfMy Profile

Meghana February 25, 2014 at 5:03 pm

this is super easy. something fit for me. :P
Meghana recently posted..Yardley London Collections ReviewMy Profile

Embellished February 25, 2014 at 7:30 pm

I need that eyeliner AND that foundation.
Embellished recently posted..Instagram #2My Profile

Richa February 25, 2014 at 9:10 pm

Hi Mehak, how much does this pencil cost?
Richa recently posted..Product Review : Rimmel London Lasting Finish Lipstick 164 TantrumMy Profile

Harine February 25, 2014 at 10:49 pm

Looking very fresh in the pics Mehak… & this seems a great product :)
Harine recently posted..Brides of the World inspired Eyemakeup Series – Part 1- Arabic Bridal LookMy Profile

Bonny February 25, 2014 at 11:22 pm

U look pretty Mehak. I too do this very often for a day smokey look, specially to work when I am dressed up in a Kurta & Chudidaar with tiny tinklers!!
Bonny recently posted..Review of MAC Gently Off Eye and Lip Make up Remover and Its Budget DupeMy Profile

Mayuri February 25, 2014 at 11:39 pm

wow! this can be done in a jiffy!! you look awesome as always :) <3
Mayuri recently posted..Review, Swatches, FOTD: Maybelline Lip Polish in Glam 2: a pretty everyday pink!My Profile

Vineetha February 26, 2014 at 2:21 am

nice look! smudges throughout the day awww.. :-(
Vineetha recently posted..NARS Matte Multiple Siam Review, SwatchesMy Profile

Rashmi February 26, 2014 at 10:22 am

Forget the liner .. um loving your face !!! so bright… :) um waiting for my Bobbi Brown liquid foundation to finish to get this Mac and Body one. You totally recco is right ??
Rashmi recently posted..Bag that Bag !! Part 2My Profile

thatchamkeelastitch February 26, 2014 at 2:45 pm

Super duper hot!
thatchamkeelastitch recently posted..Bipasha Basu – Pretty Blue Saree. A Possible DIYMy Profile

coralcrue February 26, 2014 at 5:13 pm

hi Mehak
I think you look absolutely ravishing! The eye makeup, face, lips everything looks amazing and well put together. I was just wondering what your base makeup was when i saw that you used the MAC foundation. what have you used as concealer.
Super hot!
coralcrue recently posted..And we are back!My Profile

mehak February 26, 2014 at 5:33 pm

Hey !
Bobbi brown tinted eye brightenre. No concealer

BeautyBuzzDaily February 26, 2014 at 6:30 pm

Thanks for the review… I can see this being a staple in my travel makeup bag. This must be the easiest way to achieve smokey eyes. You look s polished in your full shot!
BeautyBuzzDaily recently posted..5 Runway Looks to Adopt- Spring 2014My Profile

Ash February 27, 2014 at 12:24 am

Yeah! This has been my go-to look since few months now! It looks so pretty in this shade…!

Bhuvana February 27, 2014 at 10:27 pm

Pretty easy and flaunt the eyes :)

Swati February 28, 2014 at 10:02 pm

You made it so simple! And I must try that vaseline trick.. :)

Anupama March 12, 2014 at 11:48 am