A Peach Eye Makeup Tutorial for Valentines Day!

by mehak on February 12, 2014

in Eye Makeup Looks, Eye Products, Makeup Tutorials

If you are solo for Valentines day and you know it clap your hands *Clap Clap*. Why the glum faces girls?? Okay, I know all the red-ness and heartness and cheesiness in the air can be totally annoying, and you literally want to scream if you see one more girl carrying a bouquet of flowers but on the flip side- perfect excuse to go have a girls night out, do some crazy things and make it a V-day to remember. And whether you do have a date or are going solo with your girls, this peach eye shadow tutorial is a great way to kick off the night.

Psst: Order some peach bellini to match , and when a guy complements you on your pretty eyes, say “Look my drink matches with them. Buy me another one !”. Ok no, dont say that.

Stash you need :

1. 2 brushes- a flat shader and a round blending brush

2. A bright orange eyeshadow, a medium peach eyeshadow , a light peach eyeshadow , a matte brown eyeshadow

3. Liner, mAscara

coastal-scents-brshes

Two must have makeup brushes- A flat shader from Coastal Scents and a small round blending brush for crease area also from Coastal Scents. These brushes are amazing by the way- totally worth the money and tons better than any Vega/ Colorbar etc you get in India.DSC04968

Start with a bright orange eyeshadow. I am using my Coastal Scents 120 by 5 pallete and the shadow in the last row labelled 1

peach-eyeshadow-tutorial-1

Step1 :Apply it in your outer  third of your eye. PS: On the left i have used a primer on top of my lids thats why the grey look. Its the Urban Decay Primer Potion

peach-eyeshadow-tutorial-valentine-day-2

Step 2: Then, take Mac Expensive Pink eyeshadow (or you can choose eyeshadow labelled as 2 in the pic and with your flat shader brush apply it in the centre of your eyelids.

Peaches & Blush64

Step 3:With a smaller shader brush, pick the shade labelled 2 and apply it on your inner 1/3rd of the eyes.

peach-eyeshadow-tutorial-2

Step 4: Now take the rounded blending brush and dip it into your favourite matte crease color. Mac Folie is an eternal favourite of mine, it is the perfect crease color for my skintone. PS: Comment below and tell me what your favourite crease color is.

Using your favourite crease color go over the orange on your crease and with a windshield wiper motion blend it out. The brown will mute the orange a bit and when you open your eyes it should look like this.

peach-eyeshadow-tutorial3

Step 5: Apply eyeliner. Im using a Chambor dark chocolate brown eyeliner. Also apply kohl halfway down your eye on the bottom rim. I did not go the full way because i still wanted that open-eyes look and didnt want it to feel harsh but if you feel naked without kohl, go ahead and do it the full way.

peach-eyeshadow-tutorial-0

Step 6: Click photos of eye in various poses to freak people out.

mily February 12, 2014 at 11:30 am

loved the look.i will use expensive pink because i love love that shade…and similar to this so this look can be achieved using that..i need some good eye brushes..any suggestions mehak?

mehak February 12, 2014 at 3:18 pm

The coastal scents one are really good mily! They rival the high end ones…
But in India- inglot has nice ones )(thgough expensive, you can also try the Vega professional range but those are ok)
mehak recently posted..A Peach Eye Makeup Tutorial for Valentines Day!My Profile

mily February 12, 2014 at 4:12 pm

thank you..will try these…finally an inglot store has opened in ahmedabad….will check out!

Laks February 12, 2014 at 11:45 am

Excellent detailed tutorial for learners like me.. Thank you Mehak :)
Laks recently posted..Valentine’s Day ProposalMy Profile

Anams February 12, 2014 at 11:53 am

Call me crazy, but I loved Step 6 the most. And it’s one even a goofus like me can get right, freaking people out is something I do for fun. :)

mehak February 12, 2014 at 3:37 pm

Haha high five Anam !!!!! Me tooo!

Xuvious February 12, 2014 at 12:03 pm

Love the look, expensive pink goes really well with it. I haven’t touched my coastal scents palette in so long! :)
Xuvious recently posted..Celebrate Valentine’s Day with Giftease.com!My Profile

Sumathi February 12, 2014 at 12:16 pm

Nice. Expensive pink looks like a gorgeous colour.
Step 6 is the most difficult part for me. I work so hard to get a proper eye makeup done and then the pics come out in all weird colours :/
Sumathi recently posted..Your First Steps to MakeuplandMy Profile

mehak February 12, 2014 at 3:42 pm

I completelt agree Sumathi
Its something i have ALWAYS struggled with. A tip-click with flash in natural light. Its the only way it looks fine for me

Sumathi February 13, 2014 at 10:13 am

Oh, thanks for the tip. Would keep that in mind next time I click pics :)
Sumathi recently posted..Your First Steps to MakeuplandMy Profile

Lisha February 12, 2014 at 12:32 pm

Beautifully done Mehak! I like the fact that you went with peach when everybody is going crazy with pinks and purples! I’ll surely give this a try :)
Lisha recently posted..Valentine’s Day Eyemakeup Tutorial: Soft Brown Smokey Eyes!My Profile

Manasi February 12, 2014 at 12:54 pm

Nice tutorial :) Love the pictures :)
Manasi recently posted..Valentine’s Day Special: First Blog GiveAway!!My Profile

Nivedita February 12, 2014 at 1:25 pm

You brought a lovely break from the ‘think pink’ trend for Valentines day. Every makeup idea I have been searching for on youtube has this pink and I detest pink! ( I know, even I beat myself for that)
I have the dome shaped crease brush and honestly, it’s one of the brushes I use regularly!
Nivedita recently posted..VLCC Acne Care Oil Control 2 in 1 Scrub Mask is my new found loveMy Profile

Blushes and Beyond February 12, 2014 at 2:09 pm

Nicely done. Expensive pink is such a pretty shade.
Blushes and Beyond recently posted..MAC Ruby Woo – ReviewMy Profile

Bhuvana February 12, 2014 at 3:26 pm

Perfect :)
Bhuvana recently posted..Tip: Heal your heelsMy Profile

Wmg_WeddingBlog February 12, 2014 at 4:18 pm

I dont really understand pink on your eyes, even if its V day…
So peach is a great alternative !!!
Wmg_WeddingBlog recently posted..Where to Buy Bridal Lehengas in Chandni Chowk : With PicsMy Profile

Supria February 12, 2014 at 4:31 pm

Very pretty girly look. You make it seem to easy Mehak but I can never get eye looks right. It always looks like I have a black eye. I have given up on them!
Supria recently posted..Clarins Pure and Radiant mask with Pink ClayMy Profile

Swati February 12, 2014 at 4:40 pm

Super pretty! How long do the Coastal Scents people take to deliver if I place an order Mehak? Plus, can you let me know about the approximate shipping charges?
Swati recently posted..Valentine’s Day Heart Balloon Manicure!My Profile

mehak February 12, 2014 at 5:06 pm

Yup all that is coming in a seperate post

Swati February 12, 2014 at 10:26 pm

Shivi@COSMOCHICS February 12, 2014 at 4:46 pm

Nice simple look which can be achieved by amateurs like me!
Liked the shade selection! :)

Gowthami February 12, 2014 at 6:12 pm

Loved the tute Mehak <3
Gowthami recently posted..Maybelline Hyper sharp Eye Liner Review, Swatch, FOTDMy Profile

Embellished February 12, 2014 at 6:39 pm

This is a really cool way to wear orange eyeshadow. Also, the CS brushes look amazing!
Embellished recently posted..Product Love: The Makeup All-RounderMy Profile

Aditi February 12, 2014 at 6:56 pm

Hey Mehak! That’s a lovely look with pretty colors. Can you please do a review on the Coastal Scents eye palette as well? :)
Aditi recently posted..Valentine Week: First Snow in TokyoMy Profile

Tina February 12, 2014 at 7:43 pm

‘”if you feel naked without kohl” – heck, I used to think I was the only one!! :D Good tutorial Mehak, the colors are so pretty! :)

Tiny February 12, 2014 at 9:43 pm

eye makeup is something I havnt tried so far..call me nerd …
But you make it sound so simple Mehak :)
Tiny recently posted..Much Longed : First Haul Post of Year :)My Profile

Arzoo February 12, 2014 at 10:53 pm

This is so gorgeous, I’m gonna try it for sure, absolutely loved it.
Arzoo recently posted..Lakme 9 to 5 Lip Liners: Shades, Photos, Swatches and PriceMy Profile

Rashmi February 12, 2014 at 11:44 pm

Wow…so beautifully done….lovely look..:-)
Rashmi recently posted..Go Hippie Way With These SunglassesMy Profile

Harine February 13, 2014 at 12:05 am

Looks like a different color choice for Valentine’s day.. Was thinking of some neutral look.. Which s quite boring..
Harine recently posted..My Statement Necklace CollectionMy Profile

Meghana February 13, 2014 at 9:27 am

peach look nice on the eyes. I usually end up dabbing just one shade all over. and sometimes even go off with just eyeliner. I am not too good with eye makeup. :)
Meghana recently posted..Temples of Hoysala Empire in Karnataka – Part 2My Profile

theblahqueen February 13, 2014 at 11:17 am

Pretty !!! Will try this look for sure
theblahqueen recently posted..Tutorial : Pink Valentine’s Day Make Up LookMy Profile

Shreya February 13, 2014 at 12:03 pm

Such pretty look dear ! loved it <3 <3
Shreya recently posted..Top 10 Beauty Products to Create A Romantic LookMy Profile

shashi February 13, 2014 at 2:55 pm

hi mehak nice n easy post,btw wher to buy coastal scents brushes n palette,pls help!!

shashi February 13, 2014 at 2:57 pm

moderation,help

Rashmi February 13, 2014 at 2:57 pm

Clicking pics n weird angles and freakin ppl out :P:P lol that was way too funny!! dat makes two of us *high five*
Rashmi recently posted..DIY Valentines Day Gifts – InspirationMy Profile

Aditi February 13, 2014 at 3:01 pm

Looks gorgeous, perfect for Valentine’s :D
Aditi recently posted..On my nails: Maybelline Color Show Nail Polish – 211 Coral Craze: Review and Swatches!My Profile

krithi February 13, 2014 at 3:04 pm

hahaha at freak ppl out :P
u look bful
krithi recently posted..Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Eye Pencil-Black Plum ReviewMy Profile

thatchamkeelastitch February 13, 2014 at 4:14 pm

I honestly now get why you love the peach shade so much! This look so nice!
thatchamkeelastitch recently posted..Colourful Mehendi Outfit Inspiration For The BrideMy Profile

Nisha Khan February 13, 2014 at 4:38 pm

Love the tutorial and which eyeshadow palette is this ?
Nisha Khan recently posted..Natural Hair Care tips for Smooth , Shiny & silky HairMy Profile

Priyanka Jain February 13, 2014 at 9:55 pm

love that you used a brown eyeliner goes perfectly with the eyeshadows :)

Recently posted: http://allthatshelovess.blogspot.in/2014/02/my-first-online-shopping-experience.html

Karishma February 14, 2014 at 2:22 am

Nice look Mehak!
Karishma recently posted..February HaulMy Profile

Chris February 14, 2014 at 4:02 am

I have the Sleek Sunset palette and it needs to be used soon (too many eyeshadow palettes, so little time). Thanks for this idea!
Chris recently posted..Essie The Lace Is OnMy Profile

Vineetha February 14, 2014 at 10:12 am

Pretty look! esp loved step 6 haha ;-)
Vineetha recently posted..MAC Mehr Lipstick Review, SwatchesMy Profile

Vineetha February 14, 2014 at 10:12 am

Pretty look! esp loved step 6 haha ;-)
Vineetha recently posted..MAC Mehr Lipstick Review, SwatchesMy Profile

Anamika February 14, 2014 at 2:00 pm

Very pretty look
Anamika recently posted..Comment on 5 Fruit Packs for Glowing Skin by shambhaviMy Profile

richa February 15, 2014 at 3:21 pm

Simple n sexy!
richa recently posted..Office Makeup | Minimalistic MakeupMy Profile

Vedha March 9, 2014 at 6:32 pm

This was an amazing tutorial! Do you know the equivalent MAC eyeshadow colors?

mehak March 9, 2014 at 8:08 pm

Try mac sushi flower

Vedha March 9, 2014 at 10:44 pm

Thanks! I just ordered the three MAC colors suggested in this post (expensive pink, sushi flower, and folie). I am going to a beach wedding where the couple is getting married an hour before sunset with reception to follow. I have a dress that will transition from day to night but I needed some makeup ideas to do the same. This is perfect! I cannot wait for my shipment to arrive and for me to give it a trial run.

mehak March 10, 2014 at 12:13 am

yay let me know how it turned out and dont forget to tune in to our wedding blog ! wedmegood.com