Bikini & Brazilian Wax : Lets Talk About it !

by Mehak Shahani on February 11, 2014

in Uncategorized

bikini-waxing-brazilian-wax

Okayyyy, lets talk about something a little bit on the  more intimate side.  Anonymous wrote in to me asking to put this as a Reader Query so here goes.

How many of you get Bikini/ Brazilian Waxes done? (For those unaware a Bikini wax is when they wax everything apart from a little triangle off, so you can wear a bikini without worrying about stuff peeping through. A Brazilian wax is when they wax everything off period- you are like a new born baby)  In Delhi they have become super common so pretty much all my friends head to the salon to get their routine Brazilians done. Any of you know any good parlors who do these ? Someone safe, clean, hygienic and who wont rip your organs off (I swear, I get nightmares about that!) .

Is it worth the pain, or is it totally over rated? Do you think Bikini Waxes are a necessity now or still more of a luxury? Let me know your thoughts I want to know !!!

On a seperate note…Regarding Chocolate Wax

Speaking of waxing in general , how many of you have switched over to Chocolate wax?? I have and frankly , Im not exaggerating its changed my life !!! Honest. It is not burning hot first of all, so its easier to bear but also it makes my growth smoother and the gap between sessions is now much longer !! More than that, with just one swipe – Chocolate wax can remove much more deep and ingrown hair than regular wax can and is totally non sticky. The next time you are at the salon- ask them for a chocolate wax- Atleast for under-arms and areas like that it is super useful.!

Clothes and Creativity February 11, 2014 at 10:14 am

Even I would like to try Brazilian wax! Heading out to a beachy destination next week so looking forward to rock them tiny bikinis! :)

WMG_Wedding Blog February 11, 2014 at 11:35 am

Im too scared to get them done. Bikini line is ok but brazilion *shudder*

Gowthami February 11, 2014 at 10:19 am

Have heard lot of Brazilian wax! Should try soon :P

Lisha February 11, 2014 at 10:19 am

I do get a bikini wax along with my monthly waxing sessions. Personally I have zero tolerance for pain and its too unbearable for me. I don’t think I’d ever survive a Brazilian Wax even though I’ve been told by my friends that it doesn’t hurt as much as we think it would!

butter February 11, 2014 at 7:08 pm

which salon in Delhi, would you suggest for Brazillian/Bikini wax?

Manasi February 11, 2014 at 10:23 am

Thank you for sharing the info!!

Laks February 11, 2014 at 10:24 am

Interesting article Mehak o.O , Would definitely check out chocolate wax next time i visit saloon :)

Laks February 11, 2014 at 10:26 am

Xuvious February 11, 2014 at 10:26 am

I have a very low threshold for pain and I’m a complete coward. No Brazilian Wax for me any time soon! ;)

mehak February 11, 2014 at 11:34 am

Same here :(

mily February 11, 2014 at 10:39 am

you know what..only yesterday my frnd told me…..discreetly…that she got a brazilian wax done and i was like how are you even standing here after so much pain??? even i have the exact same fear of them ripping my organs off but she said that it doesnt pain as much as we think it would..and then i was searching for some articles on blogs about that..and here it is..like telepathy :P the parlour lady who she went to said that you dont have to tell the guy at the counter that you have to get brazilian wax..just tell him anything like a body massage or something and then come inside and we will do it here…the parlour was a high end parlour ofcourse…

Rashmi February 11, 2014 at 10:50 am

i am a regular at chocolate wax :D it seriously is a life changer. Hurts your pocket if you compare it with normal waxing but trust me its totally worth it. I did try brazilian wax in Delhi but i had a horrible experience. So even I am keen on knowing the names of good parlors. Also where I stay the lady told me they use chocolate wax only for brazilian waxing. Anybody have any ideas if shez right? ??

Mamta February 11, 2014 at 10:51 am

“LASER HAIR REDUCTION ”

“Bikini” OR “Brazilian” both not worth….

Trust me ladies ……Laser Hair Reduction is an INVESTMENT

Highly Recommended. ( Bikini Must if possible take full body)

And if u have credit cards…..take it on installments….What else do you want

mehak February 11, 2014 at 11:33 am

Really? Would love it if you share your experience Mamta- lots of girls out there are confused about Laser Hair Reduction

Rashmi February 11, 2014 at 1:17 pm

Yes please do , Also how much does it cost ??

Shikha February 11, 2014 at 4:35 pm

Chocolate/Oil wax helps in removing tan and under skin growth. Bikini wax is painful yet bearable however Brazilian wax is super painful. For Laser bikini and other parts packages starts from 8k for 6 session (depends on king of hair growth and area of growth). Best thing abut laser is hair growth is much slower and hair become fine after some time but its expensive. results do vary from person to person.

Tee February 11, 2014 at 7:02 pm

Rashmi I agree,
I am taking full body laser sessions from Kaya, and they are super awesome. not painful, just a little tingling sensation, and great results. My growth has reduced so so much. no need of regular waxing ;)

Rashmi February 12, 2014 at 11:10 am

Do tell me how it goes. I am gonna for sure go for upperlips and a little chin hair (shikar of mild pcos)

Swati February 11, 2014 at 10:05 pm

I am currently taking the Laser hair removal for underarms. Have been through 2 sessions till now and my hair growth has become less. I have started in October and had the second session in Dec end. Thanks to less hair growth rate which has now become lesser :D . My frnd on the other hand has faster hair growth so she needs to go every month.

During the procedure, the doc will first shave the area and apply a gel before getting started with the laser (the gel cannot be forgotten, else you are going to get burn marks). The laser beams are then passed thru the subjected area and once the this part is over the doc might put some ice or give you a post laser gel to subside any irritation that could occur.

It generally takes 5-6 sessions and the interval between the sessions increases gradually as your hair growth hair will become less. some people however might need more than 6 sessions. if you need to remove unwanted hair between sessions then you are suggested to shave and not wax as waxing removes hair from its roots. It gives a little tingling effect and isn’t painful except for areas where you have coarse hair…it might sting :(

My doc said the higher the frequency is kept the better the effect will be, but frequency higher than what your skin can tolerate would result in burn marks so beware!

Hope this helps! :)

Rashmi February 12, 2014 at 11:11 am

Thanks swati :)

pooja singh March 2, 2014 at 10:24 pm

hey swati
thankyou for sharing.laser is a nice option as you suggested.
but i have heard it darkens the skin color later on.what is you view ?

Mamta February 12, 2014 at 12:28 pm

i have been getting LASER done for last 6 yrs now…..
Started with FACE Laser hair reduction from KAYA…..I am a punju n genetically very hairy…..
very embarrassing….
I started seeing results from 3rd session itself (initially 4 months time) and took total of 8 sessions for complete results….. This process of 8 sessions took almost 2 yrs….. as after the 4th 5th session the hair growth is so less and thins down that you don’t require sessions so frequently.
I will NOT SAY its total hair REMOVAL….remember they always say its HAIR REDUCTION……
so its been 4 yrs now I just have to take one session in a year n no threading no upper lips nothing…..
I bleach only for removing tan n not to hide facial hair.
Its not necessary to take full face …..only upper lip & chin could be taken as per your requirement as these are the only major concern areas for most of the women….
Then later I took under arms & Abdomen……from DERMATECH ……Amazing results……
Again its REDUCTION and not REMOVAL …..so I just get my underarms waxed once in six months that’s it…..that too the growth is barely there that you can even live with bleaching you under arm. I don’t take laser on underarms and abdomen any more.
Then decided to go for FULL LEGS, FULL ARMS & “BIKINI” before my wedding
Trust me ladies its been 3 months I have been married and not even once I have visited Salon to get any of my part to get waxed…….I just shaved once in between…..my next session is due in march.

It takes 3 to 4 to 5 sessions to see results…..n then it’s a smooth ride for rest left sessions…..
PRECAUTIONS
1) NO Waxing & Bleaching for till first 4 to 5 sessions.
2) You are only allowed to SHAVE…..whether arms legs bikini or even FACE…..its not a big deal…..you will not have hair grown like men on face they will remain soft only.
Shaving makes your hair grow thick and hard is a MYTH. its just the angular cut that makes it feel hard. Your roots are not affected by shaving but waxing does that’s why we are not allowed to wax for initial few sessions for good results.

3) Always …..always take sessions with in the gaps as prescribed by the practitioner…..try not to miss sessions and if you feel the growth is not enough still go and show it to the practitioner and let her decide.
4) And enroll for the package during DISCOUNTS only. DERMATECH is having discounts for full body for 50K nowdays…go grab it.
Always bargain for adding more sessions and reducing price…..if they dont reduce the price they will definitely increase the sessions…..suppose if they are giving 8 ask them to give you 10 or 12 …..depends on your bargaining skills…..
These sessions will be used as maintenance sessions for future….
5) Keep your skin always moisturized as laser makes your skin dry.
6) If you not seeing any results in 4 to 5 sessions talk to the practitioner as well as to the manager…..sometimes practitioners are careless.
7) Get lot of icing done post laser by the practitioner itself it will totally eliminate the chances of getting skin burned, little red bumps are normal for a day or so.
8) Try and stick to same practitioner throughout the package. Book your practitioner at the time of booking your next session itself.
I have tried DERMATECH & KAYA…..
Both are good …..DERMATECH have more advanced lasers in ND YAG & IPL …..and they are quick aswell compared to KAYA IPL & ND YAG
KAYA is good for facials and all.
There are 100′s of other private practitioners in market….but these two are re-known and will always give you best service as they won’t like their names to be spoiled in market…

Nandini February 11, 2014 at 10:59 am

I did get chocolate wax done once.. and i quite liked it.. however,its crazy expensive to switch over to permanently.

Blushes and Beyond February 11, 2014 at 11:21 am

Dont know about Delhi, but in Mumbai Jean Claude Biguine does the best and the safest Brazilian wax. Its super super super hygienic. and they use some different kind of wax, i guess its called Brazilian wax only which is white in color and pains a LOT less as compared to the normal wax..

Misty July 1, 2014 at 3:50 pm

I second that… its the best i have ever had.. with three months of growth it did not pain me as much as i had expected… super hygienic and safe.. and definitely less painful and more clean

DeeB February 11, 2014 at 12:46 pm

i do not what i am freaked out by most- ripped organs or baring all to the parlour lady!

chocolate wax seems like a good idea for waxing underams..which i dread!

Ankita Singh February 11, 2014 at 3:28 pm

Same apprehensions here. I was like dying of shame in body massage itself, bikini/brazilian is out of the bounds. I am also very scared about burning organs, what if hot wax falls somewhere? *shudders*

DeeB February 11, 2014 at 12:47 pm

sorry typo * i do not know…*

Harine February 11, 2014 at 3:31 pm

I agree to DeeB. Can’t even imagine doing this.

MissBoPeep February 11, 2014 at 6:35 pm

Oh yes. It’s a regular stuff for me now but it was a nightmare the first time.I hv my humorous take on my experience enjoy. Search for Brazilan Wax on WiseShe.com

Kayennat February 11, 2014 at 6:43 pm

It honestly doesn’t hurt much! I personally find upper lip threading WAYYY more painful than Brazilian waxing. I’d say the pain level is similar to under arm waxing. For those with low pain thresholds try taking some pain killers 30 mins prior to the session. It helps.

girl February 11, 2014 at 7:03 pm

Thank you so much for putting this post up Mehak.
And to all the ladies for giving their views too… I Just was browsing about it the other day…
i have a rough idea now..

vani February 11, 2014 at 8:41 pm

Mehak, you said that many of your friends do it regularly. Can you ask them and share the details like salon names, prices and overall experience?

mehak February 11, 2014 at 9:45 pm

I will…but they havent been too happy with where they do it…
There is one in Gurgaon – Madonna in Phase 1. The lady there is really good apparently.

Tanvi February 11, 2014 at 9:50 pm

Hi Mehak,

Can you please suggest me a good red lip gloss, I have just started out with trying reds, and looking out for a nice red lip gloss.
I am NC 35 – NC 40 in MAC, somewhere around your skin tone.
Please suggest

mehak February 11, 2014 at 10:04 pm

Hi Tanvi
Hmm..lipgloss is tough ..scarlet ibis by mac is my fav red lipstick though..try the maybelline high shine one..

richa singh chhabra February 11, 2014 at 9:55 pm

I am regular at chocolate wax , its a hurts pocket a little but thats ok cos skin feels great specially if u suffer from hair in-growth as it removes hair very deeply and smoothly . And also it helps removing sun tan to some extent . Along with chocolate wax , I ‘ve tried aloe wax as well . It works great for people with sensitive skin n best during monsoons as weather is humid !

Mayuri February 11, 2014 at 10:23 pm

I am planning to get bikini wax done soon.. chocolate wax is also something which I am hunting for in some parlor close to me.. hope to find one soon :D

Bhuvana February 11, 2014 at 10:44 pm

Any parlor in chennai where we get chocolate wax ?? Also any parlour for bikini and brazilian wax !!!!

Maitreyee February 12, 2014 at 12:08 am

Bhuvana, unfortunately Chennai has a terrible reputation of having very unprofessional beauty parlour services. ive never found a decent parlour in the 7 months that i stayed there. even reputed brands like naturals have a pathetic staff. But surely chains like lakme provide chocolate wax. you can try there. no idea abouts the 2 b-waxes though.

Maitreyee February 11, 2014 at 11:58 pm

yes i’ve completely switched over to chocolate and its great. :) no rash, less in-growth, smooth skin. never putting normal wax on skin

Swati February 12, 2014 at 2:22 am

I did try the Strawberry wax a few times and loved it a lot, it takes away so much tan. And it was useful for underarms coz they delayed hair regrowth for longer. I must give chocolate wax a try now!

cheryl February 12, 2014 at 4:01 am

I got my Brazilian wax from Affinity Salon at Vasant Vihar and trust me..the lady who did mine was awesome!
I have like zero pain tolerance but she made me feel so comfy…omg I was like done in quick 10 min! Its expensive but worth it! :-) ;-) ;-)

Maami in Melbourne February 12, 2014 at 6:31 am

I had a full body (excl Brazilian) chocolate waxing done jut before the wedding. And I’d never waxed before that…I wasn’t happy :( My arms turned red and I was afraid to have mehendi on them.
After I moved to Melbourne, I waxed my underarms and it was a breeze. Loved the experience :)

If I visit Tasmania anytime soon, I will go there after a Brazilian wax

Quirky February 12, 2014 at 10:23 am

I am a regular with chocolate wax and brazilian wax (monthly at that) – do it regularly either at B:Blunt VV or Geetanjali Shivalik (but only with a specific lady who is awesome at the job) – the pain is REAL bad the first time – but with regular session it becomes bearable and I would bear the pain frankly for the neat result aftermath.

Its hygienic too at the above mentioned salon but not as much as it used to be with my waxing lady in Washington DC – who would literally change applicator and wax strip with every application for a brazillian ! (i miss that!)

Anie February 12, 2014 at 2:46 pm

I never knew what Brazilian wax was , but was trying to find an article about it..
Thanks Mehak for the post.

Bhuvana February 12, 2014 at 3:27 pm

Girls how much is the difference between chocolate and normal wax ? I dont want to create a hole in my budget :P

mehak February 12, 2014 at 3:36 pm

BHuvana its almost double..

Ramzil February 12, 2014 at 4:57 pm

You can also try Rica wax which comes in White Chocolate/Aloe Vera/Strawberry. Rica is beneficial for those who have undergrowth. I have been doing rica for almost a year!! It is available at lakme saloons.

Vatsala February 13, 2014 at 3:22 am

A brazillian or a bikini is the most hygenic thing any woman can do to herself.I have been doing it for over 6 years now.First time i got it done from a parlour ,post which hair were really fine and then you can simply use your wax strips and do it at home.It doesnt take more than 15 min once you get the hang of it and doesnt pain at all…never ever raise or use a hair removal cream …it darkens the are not to mention thicker hair growth

hope that helps …..

Anuradha February 13, 2014 at 1:09 pm

M regular wt Brazilian wax for almost 10 years now…ofcourse the first time shame, hesitation, fear, nervousness was there but it is not that painful, its like the main strip is painful and if u r regular at it, it wont pain much as wt heavy growth, its much more painful. I have got it done at variety of places( read: parlours) and I recommend getting it done at Madonna, Green Park, lady named Chandani does it really well.

Shreya February 13, 2014 at 2:18 pm

I’ve tried bikini wax but it was not that painful. I did it at enrich salon….. I always go for flavoured wax – specially chocolate one , even though its pricey its completely worth it !

Nisha Khan February 13, 2014 at 4:43 pm

Gud when i will go next time i will ask for choclate wax …. thanx for sharing

Priyanka Jain February 13, 2014 at 10:00 pm

chocolate wax? i haven’t heard of it yet inquisitive to know more and try it out too :)

Recently posted: http://allthatshelovess.blogspot.in/2014/02/neon-nail-art.html

Vineetha February 14, 2014 at 10:18 am

I am checking out chocolate wax next! Bikini wax is monthly routine for me, so nw it doesnt hurt so much….

Shrutilaya February 14, 2014 at 11:38 am

I used to get Bikini wax’s regularly, but somehow with the ingrowth and the general discomfort and pain, I just stopped. I can get tattoos, I cannot wax the nether regions anymore!

Chocolate wax? Must find out. :o

Priya February 15, 2014 at 1:38 pm

Brazilian waxing is painful but not something you can’t bear. I have a low threshold for pain and i did take out mini yelps and a few ouches but it was worth it.

Shweta verma February 15, 2014 at 2:27 pm

i only get it done with chocolate was all the time, Ohh its not a pain now, its like you getting the other part of body waxed, its been more than a year now i found a girl who run a mobile parlour, not anything else but i call her once in every two mouth to do the bikini wax. she is perfect in it and i dont feel much pain. While i had a bad experience in habib.. with so put of pain.

Tanvi February 15, 2014 at 4:15 pm

Ah.. the most dreaded thing ever. I started getting my brazilian done last year. . A few months before my wedding. Whoever says it doesn’t hurt, is lying! It hurts and hurts like a bitch. My second time was worse than the first time because I put a long gap between the two. But it’s become better now.. I use rica wax ie white chocolate wax which hurts much less than normal and wax and makes your growth softer as well. As for where. . I was too sceptical about going anywhere so this friend recommend this lady who cones home and does it and she is awesome! ! A lot of my friends get it done from her only now. She’s professional yet super friendly, makes you feel comfortable and you’re doing it from the comfort of your house. .no hygiene issues as well. But if you have to go then I’ve heard geetanjali in khan is pretty good.
My tips– first, don’t put a long gap between your brazlians.. not more than 6 weeks
— second, after getting waxed, massage your vajayjay with oil (I use johnsons baby) .. makes the hair growth softer and less bristly.
— and third. . Get it done!! It’s worth the pain!

gaea February 15, 2014 at 11:36 pm

i’ve been getting a brazilian done for over two years.
yes, its painful but you get it done once and u’re good for a month.
and yes, the pain is worth it! so, totally worth it!!
p.s. if you have a low pain threshold (regular waxing makes you scream and underarms make you cry!) pop 2 painkillers 15 minutes before the procedure!

Anu February 27, 2014 at 12:04 pm

Studio11 – Salon and Spa in gurgaon Sec-23 – its really gr8 place.. and very very hygenic and you can get your bikini wax done.

pooja singh March 2, 2014 at 10:24 pm

hey swati
thankyou for sharing.laser is a nice option as you suggested.
but i have heard it darkens the skin color later on.what is you view ?

demail May 15, 2014 at 1:20 am

any place in Mumbai thatsomeone can suggest foer a Brazilian and how much does it coast too

Misty July 1, 2014 at 4:32 pm

I got it done at Jean Claude Biguine Bandra by Imrana… trust me.. it is the best brazilian i have ever ever experienced… with three months of gap..i was a lil scared to try but it is so hygienic there plus least pain possible.

Neha June 4, 2014 at 2:33 pm

Enrich Salon (Mumbai) provides Brazilian wax with chocolate wax and costs within 1000 bucks. Try there!!

NewGirl2Delhi June 7, 2014 at 4:10 pm

HI All,

I am new to Delhi. Actually came here for just a 2 month internship. I study in a tier-2 city and these options are not available there :/ But once I was here I really wanted to get back to my routine. Yes I get brazilian wax done. But had been shaving for almost a year before I got here. I went to Waves, Sector 18, Noida. It was super painful initially. But the parlor lady was good at her job and made sure that she was gentle. She also used a post wax gel to soothe the area. Since I was experiencing pain I opted for a cooling pack. It cost me a few extra bucks, but was totally worth it.
P.S. I would recommend everyone to try it once. The super smooth effect and clean feeling is totally worth the money and the pain.

panchi June 30, 2014 at 1:41 am

i used to do waxing of my arms and legs at home only, so can anyone tell me the name of the brand for chocolate wax, plz so share asap.

shubhra sinha September 7, 2014 at 1:27 am

Hey friends, there is also surgi brazilian wax which i used to do myself..its quite good and with a little practice less painful too..try it on small length hairs..