Clinique All About Shadow Eyeshadow Quad: On Safari

by Mehak Shahani on February 5, 2014

in clinique, Eye Products, eyeshadow, Grade B+, Reviews

I have never really been on a Jungle Safari before , except once to Jim Corbett but I dont think seeing only tiger paws on the ground and nothing else really counts as a safari . (Question- how many of you have actually seen exotic animals on a safari? Im convinced its all a scam. A big person wearing Tiger claw shaped molds just walks around the path to trick us into hoping for a tiger) . You know who is not tricking us though- Clinique ! Their new All About Shadow Eyeshadow Quad in On Safari has the perfect mix of miltary greens and olive golds!

clinique-all-about-eyes-eyeshadow-quadq clinique-all-about-eyes-eyeshadow-quad

The quad has 4 little eyeshadow friends sitting on a bench. The first one is a buttery, soft cream which is a nice highlighting color without being extra shimmery. The second is like a military green- almost a matte . This one has a nice texture but lacks a tad bit in the pigmentation department. The third one is a gorgeous olive green-gold. Its got beautiful pigmentation, gorgeous texture and is probably the best shadow on that bench. The last is a darkened charcoal grey with a tinge of green in it . This is dry and stiff and annoying to work with as it just doesnt blend!

clinique-all-about-eyes-eyeshadow-quad3 clinique-all-about-eyes-eyeshadow-quad1

Peaches & Blush46

A couple of extra points for the mirror inside. Super handy that- very useful to endlessly stare at yourself when you are bored travelling in the metro. What? You dont do that?

Verdict: B+

Price: 2150

Recommendation:The Clinique All about shadow eyeshadow quad in ‘ On Safari’ is the perfect complement to your jungle shorts and a tank top. Or well, even a nice green sari if you may- the golds and greens are perfect for brides looking for a nice quad for their trouseay. The colors work well together but its more a question of how much you would want to spend on a green themed pallette!

PS: Press sample

Rashmi February 6, 2014 at 12:49 am

Awesome shades dear..looking pretty on your eyes…:-)
Rashmi recently posted..Go For A Romantic Rose Nail Art This ValentineMy Profile

Embellished February 6, 2014 at 1:26 am

The third shade is really pretty.
Embellished recently posted..On My Face: Daytime NeutralsMy Profile

Nia February 6, 2014 at 3:44 am

I Have seen tigers and lions ! :O but I was only 8 or 9 at that time so cannot remember much. the shades are nice.

Poorani February 6, 2014 at 7:35 am

Since you like these shades ( so do I ), I would like to recommend the revlon adventurous quad. Similar and good quality too.

mehak February 6, 2014 at 11:55 am

@Poorani i have that too :) Infact the middle shade on my lid is from the Revlon quad!
mehak recently posted..Clinique All About Shadow Eyeshadow Quad: On SafariMy Profile

Abhilasha February 6, 2014 at 8:01 am

Jungle safari…really true to its name…its sad it does not live up to expectation even though its expensive..
Abhilasha recently posted..Work-wear And Dad I Love You…My Profile

Preeti Kaur February 6, 2014 at 8:18 am

The shades are really pretty. I love your EOTD too :)
Preeti Kaur recently posted..Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer Honey ReviewMy Profile

mehak February 6, 2014 at 12:31 pm

Thanks Preeti!
mehak recently posted..The Body Shop Tea Tree Facial Wash ReviewMy Profile

Vineetha February 6, 2014 at 9:13 am

Pretty shades of green! :-)
Vineetha recently posted..Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush Radiant Magenta Review, SwatchesMy Profile

D's Mom February 6, 2014 at 9:29 am

Nice colour combination but expensive :(
Loved your EOTD though :)
D’s Mom recently posted..Of Cows, Prayers and Some D-DhamakaMy Profile

Harine February 6, 2014 at 9:58 am

I always tell u, I love the way u write :) was kinda let down by the swatches on yr hands but looks lovely on yr eyes Mehak
Harine recently posted..Kurumba Maldives Honeymoon – Day 5,Day 6 and Bidding Farewell to Kurumba MaldivesMy Profile

mehak February 6, 2014 at 12:31 pm

Aww thanks Harine!
mehak recently posted..The Body Shop Tea Tree Facial Wash ReviewMy Profile

Xuvious February 6, 2014 at 10:05 am

Pretty shades! Lol, I used to do that with my phone while travelling in the tube. :p
Xuvious recently posted..Urban Decay Woodstock EyeshadowMy Profile

Gowthami February 6, 2014 at 10:09 am

It hve beautiful green shade that I love so much!! gorgeous EOTD sweets <3
Gowthami recently posted..Lotus Herbals 3-in-1 Matte Look Daily Sunblock SPF 40 ReviewMy Profile

Sumathi February 6, 2014 at 10:53 am

The colours look nice.. And your eotd is really pretty..The olive green looks really pretty..
But sad it it not that great.. I get really annoyed when expensive products are not perfect..
Sumathi recently posted..The Beauty ObsessionMy Profile

Bhuvana February 6, 2014 at 10:57 am

Awesome colors and perfect. Nice EOTD :)
Bhuvana recently posted..Tip: Cuticle careMy Profile

Diptidiva1 February 6, 2014 at 11:12 am

I have one of these quads in natural brown shades…perfect for meetings and I somehow land up reaching out to the palette quite bait coz of all colors being matte. Do visit my blog for more style and makeup tips.
Diptidiva1 recently posted..How To Wear A Dark LipstickMy Profile

Manasi February 6, 2014 at 11:23 am

Nice EOTD :)
Manasi recently posted..Fashion at Ahana Deol MarriageMy Profile

Clothes and Creativity February 6, 2014 at 11:53 am

For that price, I don’t think the shades (apart from charcoal) are versatile enough! No?
Clothes and Creativity recently posted..My First Haul Video: Clothing and AccessoriesMy Profile

mehak February 6, 2014 at 12:32 pm

Agreed~!
mehak recently posted..The Body Shop Tea Tree Facial Wash ReviewMy Profile

Clothes and Creativity February 6, 2014 at 11:54 am

For that price, I don’t think the shades (apart from charcoal and the first one) are versatile enough! No?

Shivi@COSMOCHICS February 6, 2014 at 12:26 pm

I liked the line ” On Safari’ is the perfect complement to your jungle shorts and a tank top.” I can almost imagine myself wearing shorts and this eye makeup! :)
I like the shades !

Megha Mittra February 6, 2014 at 2:29 pm

Mehak i’ve been to Corbett too but same story, didn’t spot even a squirell. But Gir, omg! I luve in Gujarat and whenever i go to Gir i also spot lions. Once even on the main town road. Not one but an entire clan. Ohh and this one time i saw a chase and hunt too :-O

mehak February 6, 2014 at 2:45 pm

Ooh really!
Must plan a trip to Gir then !!! On the roaddd??? A lion!!!

Mayuri February 6, 2014 at 3:24 pm

lovely shades and loved your eye makeup! flawless <3
Mayuri recently posted..Review, Swatches, LOTD, FOTD: Deborah Rosetto Atomic Red Lipstick in Mat 01My Profile

Aditi February 6, 2014 at 9:42 pm

I look at my reflection in my phone :P ah being vain :/ I really liked the charcoal shade, sad it’s so hard to work with! Smitten by the olive green :)
Aditi recently posted..How to make your eyelashes longer and thicker: easy tips that WORK!My Profile

Tiny February 9, 2014 at 1:11 pm

looks very pretty on ur eye lids Mehak..I expected it to be more pigmented, but looked good on urs…
Tiny recently posted..On mY nails : MNY Color Show in Ladies NightMy Profile