Gel Nails, Acrylic Nails & Extensions: Have You Tried Them?

by Mehak Shahani on February 21, 2014

in Beauty Banter, Features

beautybanterbanner

Hey girlies, wondering if any of you have tried Nail Extensions and if yes then where from??? When we were in Hyderabad for my sister in laws wedding (Whose bridal files have started on my wedding blog) , my elder sis in law got gel nails done . It was pretty cool- they last a long time and they looked super pretty! Wondering if anyone else knows the difference between all these extensions and acrylic stuff and a good place to check it out in your respective cities

Kisses!

M

Shweta February 21, 2014 at 8:01 pm

I had gel nails on for four years as french manicure was a regulation in my job! They look pretty n are quite durable – u need to get them ‘ filled’ or touched up every month or so depending on the rate ur nails grow. acrylics r stronger but gel nails look more natural. However,I learnt the hard way that one should not keep them for too long and have breaks every 6 months or so – otherwise the natural nail is ruined for life! I have not had extensions for three years now but after all this while also my nails dont grow and are brittle! They are fun to have but make sure u take them off every 6- 8 months to let your natual nail bed breathe

Lisha@HeartBowsMakeup February 21, 2014 at 9:55 pm

wow thanks Shweta! That was really helpful. I’d like to give gel nails a try once!

Shweta February 21, 2014 at 8:02 pm

In mumbai- Glory salon in bandra is the best !I have seen kareena and karisma there as well! I dont kno if the technician is still around but ask for Leena .She was the best technician they had.

Supria February 21, 2014 at 9:09 pm

I love how gel nails look on others but I personally have never splurged. It feels like a luxury to me! I am happy painting my own nails :)

Pankhuri February 21, 2014 at 9:13 pm

Hey they look super chic…. Check out Simrans Nail Bar at Select City and if you want to do at home then I feel “Kiss” is the best brand so far. You can check out this website http://www.nailsmantra.com/acrylicpowder.htm they’ve got acrylic powder in various colors.

Pankhuri February 21, 2014 at 9:16 pm

It’s Simar’s Nail Bar

Lisha@HeartBowsMakeup February 21, 2014 at 9:54 pm

I’ve always wondered about those. Thanks for putting across this question Mehak. Looking forward to the comments!

Arzoo February 21, 2014 at 10:05 pm

Naa I haven’t tried them ;) but want to know about it!!

Esha Jain February 21, 2014 at 10:26 pm

I refrain from getting anything done on myself that involves frequent touch ups…(the monthly waxing trips are hassling enough!)

In Gurgaon, you can talk to Shivani at Nail Spa, Ambience Mall. Nice lady.

Swati February 21, 2014 at 11:48 pm

I have heard a lot about gel nails, one of my friends got them done and she was quite happy with the results. But I prefer growing my own natural nails whenever I need to (although it does take sometime).

somya February 21, 2014 at 11:53 pm

I already had great nails but always dreamt of having this french manicure but then got stuck everytime coz of the maintainance. But recently got it done for ny cuzns marriage. Earlier I had those french tips but they were like breaking off to easily so finally wen I went again for refillin I got the gel nails done on those frnch tips only. Though I miss my original nails but trust me these are drool worthy. People have literally stopped me in metro and asked dat where have you got it done for and I know atleast 5 people (relatives/friends) who got it done jus after seeing mine. (Uff these people must pay me for getting those extra customers)
My suggestions:
1. If you have lots of money then only go to saket mall and other big places else I would suggest there are so many good nail art salons in gk, greenpark and westdelhi.
2. Bargain. Bargain. Bargain. Yes they do bargain but u have to be very firm and decide the rate well in advance before sitting for the extension.
3. The process if done neatly takes atleast 2.5hours so if you have that much time spare then only go.
4. If you will insist then these people would give u nail art or sticker too on ur nails ( I got swaroski on my french manicure tips and that too for free)
5. They will call you for refilling in every 15 days but who will bloody spend money again in 15 days. So go araam se in 25 days no harm have tried.
6. If any of the tip gets crack or broken the nail salon people will have to do it for free before refilling. You need not pay to them. My 2 tips got broken and they did it for free at the time of first refilling.

I got it done from greenpark, tips and toes (staff is nice bt trust me they bargain and moreover their deals are available on groupon. Go checkout.)

My sisters and friends got done from sohum nail art salon, gk m block. The price at which they got it done was amazing only 1000 rs for both hands. Appointments are mandatory.

One of my relative got it done from west delhi.

Sorry guys for writing such big story on nail art..lol m excited as I just love my nails and want everyone should experience this atleast once. I hope I haven’t missed on something. Feel free to ask any other question:)

Rashmi February 22, 2014 at 8:58 am

Thanks Saumya !! Your long reply has encouraged me a bit because my friend had asked me to strictly stay away from anything but the good old manicure ! <3

somya February 22, 2014 at 12:53 pm

SomRashmi..I would suggest u must go for it atleast everyone should once get it done.

Rashmi February 26, 2014 at 10:25 am

ok now I am very close to get it done Somya !!! hehehehe

richa February 22, 2014 at 1:09 am

haven’t tried them.. I feel they might ruin my nails :O

Neha February 22, 2014 at 2:22 pm

I get nail extensions done by a girl who comes home fr the same. Looks amazing and you can even get a color locked if you want. I have them in french

Somya February 24, 2014 at 10:18 am

HEYA

can i have her number? wat price she charge?

laks February 22, 2014 at 3:27 pm

I too have the same doubts, the comment were really informative :)

laks February 22, 2014 at 3:27 pm

I too have the same doubts, the comments* were really informative :)

Pragya February 22, 2014 at 6:25 pm

Gel nails are beautiful but they are considered a health risk

Divisha Maroli February 23, 2014 at 1:17 am

Gel nails look really pretty and last really long, but in my experience are a b**** to take off and make my nails extremely brittle.

shikha February 23, 2014 at 9:07 pm

Hi M,
Try CLAW at GK- M block market. you need to make an appointment though. Priced at 1000 rps. they do a pretty good job. It’s in this tiny lanes on the Rio Grande store side. Next to Babu choori Wala. Worth a dekho!

Somya February 24, 2014 at 10:20 am

yeap i hav heard dis one. but i think she charges more. she told me sum 2k.

Madhuri August 4, 2014 at 5:44 pm

Pls send me the number of the girl who comes home and does acrylic nails..

simran mann August 5, 2014 at 7:18 pm

u can also go to nail work s…..awesome job with really good prices……..sheena is the lady who heads it…..very pretty very sobber to speak….a must try in delhi….