11 Types of Eyeliner Styles : A Guide

by Mehak Shahani on March 20, 2014

in Eye Products, Eyeliner

I came across The Swatch Girl some time back, and I knew I had to share this unique 11 different types of eyeliner infographic she had done !! Print it out, stick it to your mirror and experiment with a style each day I say. What say we start a 11 day challenge? On eyeliner style a day? I can document it on P&B , should be fun to understand what suits your eye shape right?

eyeliner-styles My Signature Style is the Classic Bar or sometimes the Thin Flick. Im one of those rare girls in India who does not actually wear Kajal (I dont know why really, but it really annoys me how I have to apply it on my waterline and then it always leaves residue).

Whats your eyeliner style?? Comment below an let me know !

Rashmi March 20, 2014 at 1:08 pm

Mostly I go for classic bar…but I would love to try all these…its really so much fun to play with different styles…thx for sharing this Mehak…:-)

Sumathi March 20, 2014 at 1:23 pm

I’m in. I’d love to try all the styles. And wow. Such similar thoughts on eyeliner :P I also go for the classic bar or thin flick most of the times. And avoid lining my waterline. Somehow it doesn’t suit me. Maybe because of my dark circles. But I prefer not to apply kajal on my waterline most of the times.

kayennat March 20, 2014 at 1:33 pm

Mine starts out as a thin flick and ends in the whinehouse lol. I have been loving panda smudge and soft smoke as well lately. And yes to the challenge! It would be fun and force experimentation :)

Snneha March 20, 2014 at 1:33 pm

thnx fr sharing dis Mehak…really very helpful…my usual style is classic bar…but i really wanna try winehouse !!

Shikha March 20, 2014 at 2:19 pm

my daily style is dropped flicker, I never know what this style was called untill now and for outings classic bar

laks March 20, 2014 at 2:23 pm

Loved soft smoke and panda smudge :D

Tee March 20, 2014 at 3:11 pm

Classic bar for me, or think flick sometimes.. But this looks tempting to try.. will try Winehouse today :D

BTW Same thoughts on Kajal .. It doesnot really look that good on me, and then leaves so much residue, takes so much time to clean :/ I stick to Eyeliner only

mily March 20, 2014 at 4:44 pm

now from tomorow i will try one of these each day :D i cannot live without kajal though..i look sick!

Supria March 20, 2014 at 5:15 pm

Mine has to be the classic bar. Cant do anything else!

Aditi March 20, 2014 at 6:48 pm

mine is the classic bar too :D for parties i usually go for the ‘winehouse’ :D

tee March 20, 2014 at 7:21 pm

I’ve took to trying new eyeliner styles since a month! I usually go for classic bar but it became so boring. The ones I’ve tried till now are Arabic, thin flick, double flick, winehouse, dropped flick :P I reaaally like arabic.it suits wide set eyes perfectly.

Priyanka Jain March 21, 2014 at 7:21 pm

I like thin flick, soft smoke and wine house the most..
Priyanka recently posted : http://allthatshelovess.blogspot.in/2013/07/diy-chevron-nail-art.html

Swati March 23, 2014 at 9:25 pm

I always stick to the thin flick (that was the only style I knew when I started out with liners back in school) and sometimes the Classic bar. Baaki I have to try..

Ankita Singh March 24, 2014 at 2:11 pm

I normally either don’t wear eyeliner or go for the “no liner look”. But Double flick looks so lovely, I have a feeling it’ll look good on me, regular flick looks good. I’ll try all of them in the serial order in which they’re listed, starting with double flick tomorrow :)
Thanks for this Mehak :)

maitreyee July 8, 2014 at 12:21 pm

sleep in smudge with lotus kajal. works perfectly because it smudges a lot. i remove the excess smudge with coconut oil and c0tton.