Best Candid Wedding Photographers in Delhi : Top 20 With Prices !

by mehak on March 9, 2014

in Bridal Blog, Bridal fashion, Bridal files countdown, Bridal Makeup, Bridal Makeup Artist Delhi, Real Brides

So after my own wedding where I decided NOT to hire a candid guy I can safely tell you now not to make the same mistake I did ! My album has a picture of me in my mehendi outfit with a sea and a Chinese hut in the background. No jokes. I honestly wish I had moved around my decor budget into my photographer budget and just pushed for a candid wedding photographer !!!

That is why when we started our new Wedding Website – wedmegood.com we personally picked wedding professionals to feature there. (chosen by me and Anand). Anyway, wedding photographers is one category both of us really did a deep dive into because on our own wedding we didn’t hire one.

These are the wedding photographers we have featured across all budgets! I tried to give a mix of budgets because I do understand that not everyone can afford a very expensive fotog!

For Price Range: Approx 1.5 lakhs a day (however cheaper if hired for multiple days) :-

Morvi

Morvi Images

• Morvi Images : Morvi is extremely talented with a unique style of capturing bridal portraits. Her black and white shots are magical. Don’t take my word for it, her work speaks for itself. She’s also very friendly and easy to work with.

Price Range: 180,000 onwards

• Cupcake Productions : Started by Shruti Khanna & Jayant Chhabra – a husband-wife duo, Cupacke productions is one of the most sought after photography teams in the city. They make it a point to talk to the couple and understand their needs before work begins. What’s cool is that they use their imagination and creativity to capture people in the best light.

Price Range: 150,000 onwards

• Bhumi & Simran Photography : Shot two of my friends weddings, and I actually saw them grow from just being two girls Bhumi & Simran, to being ‘The Bhumi & Simran’. Love their play of light and I dont know if this even makes sense but their photographs have some sort of a warm, inviting quality to it (or maybe thats just cos both my friends had rustic fort weddings and wore jewel tones).

Price Range: 150,000 onwards

• Dot Dusk Studios : We discovered these guys recently, and I initially brushed them off just because I thought they were studio guys but oh my  god was I wrong. They are two sardar gentlemen behind Dot Dusk and not only have they shot one of my personal favourite weddings (coming soon on wedmegood so excited about that wedding I can barely contain myself), but their videography is really beautiful as well !!! They are always travelling though (which is a good thing!)

Price Range: 150,000 onwards

DotDusk studios

DotDusk Studios

For Price Range: Approx 1 lakh a day (however cheaper if hired for multiple days) :-

• Shutterdown – Lakshya Chawla : Lakshya believes that he’s not just taking pictures but capturing a lifetime worth of memories. All the reviews on his Wed Me Good profile bear testament to this fact. He is super professional, easy going and manages to capture all the beautiful moments of a wedding – big or small.

Price Range: 100,000 onwards

Going Bananas

Going Bananas Photography

• Going Bananas Photography : Prasheila and Abhimanyu will melt away all your apprehensions and nervousness and turn them into pure beaming joy. You don’t have to pose or put on a fake smile with them around. Their imagery is bright and happy, reflecting the couple’s story in the most stunning way.

Price Range: 110,000 onwards

• Rish Photography: Another firm favourite, Rishabh agarwal claims that he makes you capture what you feel on a wedding and not just what you look like , which is what we think candid fotogs are about right? One look at his portfolio and you will know why we are fans!

Price Range: 100,000 onwards

• Sharik Verma : There is a certain softness in Sharik’s photos which I love. The colors in his photographs are absolutely phenomenal (saturated, beautiful, vibrant) and he shot one of my favourite couples- Sana and Karan whose wedding, just from the photos seemed like one big party . They personally recommended him to me and once I saw his portfolio I knew we couldn’t have a Delhi photog showcase without Sharik!

Price Range: Expensive

engagement-rings

Arjun Kartha Photography

• Arjun Kartha Photography : Arjun and Prerna are a husband wife team who shoot some of my most favourite couple portraits. Not only have they shot weddings featured on P&B like this one, but there is a certain energy in the photographs they capture that I absolutely love. Arjun also is really helpful- he is always ready to help out with photographer gyaan about what looks good in photos, what doesn’t etc !

Price Range: Expensive

• Phototantra : Probably one of the stalwarts of candid photography and one of the first few to actually start off with the trend in India. Not only are Vinayak and Snigdha some really nice people, but their photographs are so stunning they really give you memories for a lifetime. We featured a real wedding shot by them on Wed Me Good (You can view the reviews section of their profile), and attended a wedding shot by them too !!!

Price Range: Expensive

For Price Range: Approx 50k to 1 lakh a day (however cheaper if hired for multiple days) :-

• Sid Wedding Photos : They say a picture speaks a thousand words but the photographs of these guys speak volumes ! They have a knack for capturing the love between couples in their work. Ask anyone who’s hired them for a wedding, they’ll only have good things to say about the team.

Price Range: 80,000 onwards

• Vikram Arora : Someone who is extremely value for money personally, for the amount he charges he is very bang for buck material and also a thorough professional. I discovered Vikram on facebook one day and we knew we had to have him on Wed Me Good when we launched ! Over time whenever Brides write in asking about Vikram, I know to always give an ‘A+’ rating to him!

Price Range: 65,000 onwards

• Rishabh Sood of Candid Tales Photography : A recent addition to Wed Me good, but a very promising one at that. His pre-wedding shoots are absolute class !

Price Range: 75,000 onwards

• I dont say cheese : Oh well, but we do  when Gaurav is around. Love his attention to detail, and the hidden smiles he manages to capture !!! His photographs also seem to capture so much fun, and life in them that it makes me smile ! And that’s what you want from a wedding photographer right? Memories that make you smile.

Price Range: 60,000 onwards

• Alma Wedding Photography: Neal Karthik has been written about a lot honestly and deserves every bit of the praise he gets. He shot Rupan and Tushar which is again, one of my favourite weddings on the WMG blog and Rupan actually booked him the DAY she got to know her dates are fixed. So you can imagine why we wanted him on our showcase – his work is absolutely amazing and people scramble to get dates from him!

Price Range: 60,000 onwards

• Shweta Poddar Photography : Someone i discovered just by chance, and then one look at her portfolio and  I knew we had to get this hidden gem on WMG !Sometimes when you have a passion for something it really shows, and in Shweta’s case I think thats it . Having scene her at work (she was the fotog for our red carpet bride feature on the WMG Blog) , I know she gives each shot a 100%.

Price Range: 60,000 onwards

brides1

Avantika Meattle Photography

• Avantika Meattle : Avantika creates magic. There isn’t anything else I can say about her. She shot one of our favourite weddings of the two sisters we love on P&B and her portfolio I’m not kidding has photos I think I can pin all over my pinterest board. The colors, the shots of the brides behind a dupatta, the decor- its all absolutely amazing and has this almost wonder-land kind of effect that has made me a true blue Avantika Meattle fan!!!!

Price Range: 60,000 onwards

• Nikhil Kumar Photography : Nikhil says that if you want a ‘no holds barred’ coverage of your wedding you should hire him. I can see why he says that, because his portfolio is full of so many FUN, FUN shots that are wacky, creative and capture all the madness that goes on behind that perfectly poised affair we call Indian weddings !

Price Range: 60,000 onwards

For Price Range: Upto 50k a day (however cheaper if hired for multiple days) :-

Through the barrel

Through the Barrel

• Through the Barrel : Pranav’s aesthetic sensibility shows in his work. His pictures are raw and honest because he doesn’t believe in over edits. If you ask me, that’s exactly what sets him apart. He has a penchant for capturing the feelings and emotions people go through during a wedding in the most natural manner.

Price Range: 45,000 onwards

• Vijay Sharma : A relatively undiscovered talent, but someone who deserves as much recognition. Absolutely beautiful use of saturated color, and composition with some innovative frames. Very value for money as well!

Price Range: Medium

Other names to check out – Atul Pratap Chauhan (stunning colors) , Mahima Bhatia (pictures that are just ‘pretty’ – don’t know how else to put it, her brides just look stunning in her photos) , Joseph Radhik (Based in Bombay so haven’t mentioned here but he is right up there)

How much do these guys charge?

The rough starting price details can be viewed on the links given above but in general the ones labeled expensive charge around about 1 lakh a day (but they customize packages so a 4 day package won’t be 4 lakh directly, it will be cheaper), the one labeled medium- exp charge between 70k-1 lakh a day, the ones labeled medium could charge anywhere between 35000 a day to 60,000 a day. We know there could be photographers who may be cheaper, but we didn’t find any whose work we really liked honestly

How do I choose which one is for me?

Well, I guess prices are the most important for some, so you may want to filter by price on wedmegood. But for me the best way to understand their work is to follow the Wed Me Good Wedding Blog and see real weddings that have been shot by them. (The link to the blog can be found on the right sidebar). It’s a newish blog so we have limited content as of now, but stay tuned for tons and tons of real weddings. I think real weddings help you decide a lot about who you want to hire because you see the person in action and not just their best shots!

You also should make sure that when you do decide to choose which one you want – take a look at not just their portfolio but ask them some questions like- How many people do they bring, do they also click conventional snaps on the wedding, do they do albums or help you do albums, do they bring their own lighting. Just a bucket list of questions to make sure you have everything covered. While candid is the future of wedding photography do understand that Indian weddings are a bit different and often you need a mix of candid and traditional shots to keep everyone happy!

Do they travel to nearby locations like Lucknow, Amritsar, Chandigarh?

Not just nearby locations, these guys travel EVERYWHERE. Having a wedding in Dibrugarh or Timbuktoo, as long as you are ok with paying for travel and stay they are on board!

The whole list of the photographers on the WMG handbook can be viewed here.

Bhuvana March 9, 2014 at 5:06 pm

Great compilation :)

Ramya UrsGorgeously March 9, 2014 at 5:14 pm

Awesome post….!!! As always, you look gorgeous in the pics…and a great compilation! Helpful post :)

Rashmi March 9, 2014 at 5:21 pm

Great compilation….you are looking really beautiful in the pics Mehak…:-)

Gowthami March 9, 2014 at 6:32 pm

Sounds great! :)

Lisha@HeartBowsMakeup March 9, 2014 at 7:05 pm

woah thats a very comprehensive list! I’m so glad u shared ur pics as well :D

laks March 9, 2014 at 10:40 pm

Great Compilation :) You look Gorgeous on your wedding day :D

D's Mom March 9, 2014 at 11:32 pm

Hahaha…I wish you had done this post (and blog) atleast 5-6 years ago…I don’t want to look at my wedding pics ever…..most horrible makeup, hair and photography…..it was my worst look ever!!!!

I did my own hair and makeup for my son’s 1st birthday and the results were a million times better. The MUA who did my wedding makeup was also a guest at the b’day party and asked me where I did my makeup from!
God bless the beauty bloggers!!!

Supria March 9, 2014 at 11:34 pm

Mehak, you guys look so young and in love :) uber cute!

mily March 10, 2014 at 11:00 am

oh i would love to see a similar list for other cities as well..ahmedabad or jodhpur maybe as i am still uncertain where out of the two will i get married…you both look totally adorable!!!!!!!

Clothes and Creativity March 10, 2014 at 11:19 am

So useful for all the people getting married!

Malavika March 10, 2014 at 2:27 pm

Great to see Vikram Arora on the list. He did my daughters first birthday party a few years ago and the photos turned out great. Definitely recommend!!

Harine March 10, 2014 at 6:08 pm

I learnt a lot from the mistakes we did in my wedding.. & we sit and talk this could have been that way, that could have been this way.. Rather if we pen down those mistakes, we would do a better job in the next wedding in the family. I regret wedmegood wasnt there that time but I am happy future brides to be can really make the best out of it.. I will sincerely recommend people to visit yr blogs when they plan to get married. I hope you do such compilations for all cities in the future.

Nisha Khan March 10, 2014 at 7:39 pm

Great Post …. Thanks for sharing and CONGO !!!!

Happy married Life :-)

Shrutika March 10, 2014 at 8:42 pm

Lovely Compilation :) Can i say one thing regarding mr boy ..don’t you think mehak di he looks like Virat Kohli ;)

mehak March 10, 2014 at 9:16 pm

hahahaha !
Oh god people compare him to so many people iv lost count.

Shrutika March 10, 2014 at 10:03 pm

Thats so cool ..but he actually looks like VK ..no kidding ;-) Many people compared with Virat or someone else ..lol B-)

Manisha March 11, 2014 at 12:05 am

Hi mehak who was ur mua for engagement she has done fabulous job

Manasi March 11, 2014 at 10:52 am

Nice Post Dear :)

Garima March 12, 2014 at 8:57 am

Awesome compilation Mehak!

My dad and I had been in touch with 4 of them but either htey were super expensive for us or not available.
We had finalized Sahil Vohra (and he had finalized us)…we were happy that my candid photographer is set…
then one fine day not even a month before the wedding he calls up my dad that its his some cousin’s wedding and he just cant come and “suggested” us a photographer (we or he did not know if the suggested photographer was available on the wedding date). So much for being a lawyer and swearing by contracts! It was India and hence there was nothing I could do to sue him, I was fuming!!!

thankfully this suggested guy was available and was a total sweetheart! check out Varun Bhasin on FB and he has his website too… He would come in medium-expensive range and he has given me some awesome shots! He recommended a lifestyle shoot in remains of an archeological site near amritsar and i had so much fun!

May be you could check out his FB page and website…I totally recommend this guy.

Shivi@COSMOCHICS March 13, 2014 at 10:05 am

My wedding pics were so funny too! same background just the different faces on stage with me and hubby as common in all pics! I never look at my album as its so boring! LOL

Candid photography is a must! :)

Karishma March 13, 2014 at 3:30 pm

I would NOT recommend Neal Kartik from Alma weddings to anyone. He shot for our sangeet and wedding in Dec 3012. When the time came for him to give us our photos he informed us us that our photos and the backup had been STOLEN. Countless visits to the police station and numerous newspaper ads were wasted and nothing turned up. I do not have a SINGLE professional photograph of my entire wedding. Although our money was refnded those photos are obviously irreplacable! I have NEVER heard of a professional photographer having such an incident and being so careless. Photographs were mucg more important to me than my clothes and jewellery and all I now have are some random shots clicked by friends and family on their mobile phones. I know this blog is read by thousands of young brides and i wouldnt want any of them to suffer like i did.
P.s. – You may choose not to publish this Mehak, but i felt like i hd to let you know. Im writing about this after nearly 15 months of it happening so you can be sure its not a spur of the moment angry vent!

Soumen Nath April 1, 2014 at 7:32 pm

Very sorry to hear your story. As a photographer, I am always a little scared that such a thing could probably happen someday. I do keep multiple backups to guard against hard disk crash. But theft, that was not even in my mind.
Any suggestions from you for a photographer?

Regards
Soumen

Navin May 25, 2014 at 12:20 am

Whoa!!!!
Heard this thing for the very first time Karishma, I mean, being wedding photographers, we all keep backups and that too in 3 Hard disks which are kept at different different locations too, but could have never imagined of photographs being stolen. Thats creepy.

I too would love to know the suggestions from your end, for the photographers. Because being a bride, who went through such a bad scenario is a real unusual and you might be able to help out other brides out there by your suggestions to the photographers.

Cheers

Sur June 13, 2014 at 4:54 pm

Thanks Mahek, this is really a informative post which i was looking for. thanks a lot.

Banjara Studios June 17, 2014 at 10:47 am

Feeling bad for karishma….Every photographer should keep data in different storage units for safer side.

Rimjhim sharma June 20, 2014 at 5:53 pm

Hi,
Very informative post :)
I’m looking for a candid photographer/ videographer for my sisters engagement party in July first week.
In a budget of around 10000-15000. 10000 preferably :/
Kindly email me your samples and rates at rimjhimsharma90@gmail.com

Thanks and please hurry !! :D

isha sharma May 26, 2015 at 9:20 pm

Hi Rimjhim!
I have a similar budget but can’t seem to find any good candid photographers in that range.
Could you help me out please!
Thanks!

Umang Gupta July 4, 2014 at 10:13 pm

Great compilation… Thanks for the post…:-)

Naresh kumar July 30, 2014 at 11:02 am

Hey!So useful for all the people married..thanks for sharing it.

Lohit September 28, 2014 at 9:15 pm

After reading this post i almost called all of them and shortlisted 2 – avantika meattle and vijay sharma . And they both were terribly unprofessional which was highly dissapointing. Avantika finalised everything but when we aked her to meet she refused at the end moment which was pathetic and vijay sharma lol … I wanted to book him but , he didn’t pick my call for almost 2 weeks . And they call them professionals .

mehak September 30, 2014 at 3:09 pm

HI Lohit
Sorry to hear that. Will definiely pass your feedback to the both of them

plumgray October 25, 2014 at 10:35 am

Hi I used Priyam Malhotra and was very happy with the results (though album compilation is a chore)

Deepak Kumar November 29, 2014 at 1:40 am

Hi,

We are looking for a Candid photographer & Video make in Kumbalam, Cochin. The is a wedding event and will take place for two days. The program is as below:
Place: RAMADA RESORT, Kumbalam, Cochin, Kerala
Date: 7th & 8th January 2015
Programs: 7th (Mehandi Party) & 8th (Wedding)
We need some sample portfolio developed by you and package cost (with items).(Approx One Lakh)
If you have nay question please let me know.

Regards

Deepak

Vijay Sharma December 2, 2014 at 11:02 am

Hi
Can I get your email address?

Brittany December 18, 2014 at 12:45 pm

Hello. This is a great list. All of them are wonderful photographers. I wish you would add the one who shot my wedding though. He was amazing. He is in New Delhi as well. I would really recommend him along with all of these photographers. His name is Jattin Singh.

Pragati March 10, 2015 at 1:22 am

Sharik came across exceptionally well at the point of sale however it was a series of disappointments ever since. Very poor coverage of the event to the extent that there wan’t a single clear picture of the bride and groom. The services that were agreed to weren’t delivered even a year post the wedding after constant follow ups. Would not recommend to anyone.

Fineday Photography May 26, 2015 at 3:28 pm

nice blog post

Aditya Khanna June 7, 2015 at 9:30 am

I think there are many more which you can add to the list. Rajesh Luthra is one of them . He shot our wedding exceptionally well and delivered as he promised.

Pooja June 8, 2015 at 9:24 am

Hi Mehak

Great Compilation!! All of them seem superb when I looked at their FB page. BUt they are all very expensive.

I am looking for wedding photographer for my brother’s wedding – 3 day event. ANd have a budget of 2.5 lacs including trad video, trad photo, pre wedding shoot and candid photography.

The wedding is in Rajasthan. Can you recommend someone.

Any reviews of Life Moments Studio ?

Thanks
Pooja

Sneha Mohanty Photography June 13, 2015 at 7:15 pm

All of them are some of my favourites as well :) Great list.

Tarun October 21, 2015 at 7:14 pm

I think you should consider our work as well, just take a look at http://www.tarunjhaphotography.com