Best Foundations for Indian Skin: Bridal Makeup Artists Reveal !

by Mehak Shahani on March 19, 2014

in Bridal Makeup

Ever since we launched Wed Me Good , our new wedding portal I have been eating up the heads of all our hand picked makeup artists on some trade secrets and their favourite products !!! Infact, why dont you guys comment and tell me below what kind of stuff you would like to ask them (Bridal makeup articles will be split across both P&B as well as WMG). The first thing I asked them- what are their favourite foundations…This is what they had to say!

bridal-makeup1

Shruti Sharma (WMG Recommended  Makeup Artist in Delhi ) “These days I am loving Makeup Forever HD Foundation because it suits most Skin Types and has medium coverage and is buildable. Plus it gives a very natural satin finish which is neither too glowy nor too matt”

bridal-makeup4

Sabrina Suhail (WMG Recommended Bridal  Makeup Artist in Bangalore) “I love using the match master foundation from mac it has a unique formula that reflects the natural colour of the skin.if a person has good skin and doesn’t require lots of coverage this is the best. Also the makeup forever HD FOUNDATION teamed up with the makeup forever primer is excellent for any makeup that has to be captured on camera.”

bridal-makeup5

Shalini Narayan (WMG Recommended   Makeup Artist in Bangalore) “I love the Derma concealers which can be used as a foundation! It covers anything and everything including tattoos! It gives a brilliant full coverage  and is a matte finish product! It’s a multipurpose product! (I had a makeup artist use th derma concealer as foundation on me once, and I agree they were brilliant) Apart from that Bobbi brown foundation sticks! They are creamy , blends beautifully on to your skin, and gives  a nice full coverage foundation !  It’s made for our Indian skin and works brilliant! ”

bridal-makeup2

Chandni Singh (WMG Recommended Makeup Artist in Delhi) I love the Lancome Tient Idole Ultra & Chanel Vita Lumiere. The former works well for oily skin and extreme summer seasons. I use the later mostly for women who prefer a sheer feel. They don’t oxidise and last long.

bridal-makep3

Komal Gulati (WMG Recommended Makeup Artist in Delhi)  I  Mostly do airbrush foundation.I use Kett products for the same,as they are silicone free.It gives full coverage,is light weight,looks natural in person and in photographs.Highly beneficial for the brides,as it lasts all day and is water resistant.Last but least it is also hypoallergenic and sanitary to use.Apart from airbrush,love Makeup Forever HD Liquid foundation.It blends into the skin very smoothly,oil free and gives medium to full coverage.

Peaches & Blush (Recommended Makeup Artists Nowhere, but a beauty enthusiast)

My two cents- my favourites so far have been Bobbi Brown Liquid Foundation (such a NATURAL finish that I am floored) and the Mac Face and Body . The Mac Face and Body however people with dry skin who dont need much coverage should stick to because its extremeley hydrating and dewy. The Bobbi brown one a lot of people would suit . Review coming soon!

Shivi@COSMOCHICS March 19, 2014 at 10:57 am

Want To try Lancome Tient Idole ! Also Forever HD Foundation sounds good for my oily skin! Thanks for the info! :)

Sumathi March 19, 2014 at 11:10 am

MUFE seems to be quite famous.. Noting everything down.
Will hunt for MUFE foundation now :)

Lisha@HeartBowsMakeup March 19, 2014 at 11:13 am

This is such a helpful post! Every girl/woman has a tough time picking up a good base and it gets even more confusing because of the sheer variety available in the market! I guess I’ll be checking out MUFE or Bobbi Brown on my next visit to Select City Walk :)

Ishita March 19, 2014 at 11:25 am

I am tired of trying out new foundations… My skin is sensitive towards all foundation inclusing Jane Iredale Mineral foundation. I have no idea what I should use on my wedding day :( :(

Shikha March 19, 2014 at 11:59 am

Lots of MUA use and recommend MUFE, I would love to try it out some day. Not sure if you will be interested how about a Video tute for applying foundation and concealer. I find it most difficult

Aanchal March 19, 2014 at 12:16 pm

I am definately going to try MUFE. I hope it suits me ;)

Harine March 19, 2014 at 12:38 pm

Good recommendations.. MUFE is most widely used.. even in a lot of youtube tutorials I have seen them use it..

Abhilasha March 19, 2014 at 12:40 pm

Ahh looks like there is a foundation that reflects and adjusts to your skin colour!! wow I never knew..
what great recommendations and what a lovely compilation :)

Ramya ursgorgeously March 19, 2014 at 12:48 pm

Eyes on MUFE and Bobby brown now!! Interesting and helpful post!

Priyanka Jain March 19, 2014 at 12:48 pm

Heard rave reviews about the MUFE HD from youtube beauty vlogs Planning to try it out.
Derma concealers are *G.R.E.A.T * one of my cousin has burn marks on her face and this concealer did the job and gave her an even skin tone.

I would like to know which primer (Eye/Face) and illuminator/highlighter is recommended by them.

Priyanka recently posted : http://allthatshelovess.blogspot.in/2014/03/manicure-tip-how-to-prevent-cuticles.html

divs March 22, 2014 at 11:39 pm

Hey priyanka
can u tell me which of the derma concealer does ur cousin use..I too hv a burn mark to cover
thanks

mehak March 23, 2014 at 12:10 am

Hi divya…its te kryolan derma cover concealer
they come in these round little pots and have some 100 shades

divs March 23, 2014 at 12:54 am

Aditi March 19, 2014 at 1:46 pm

Oooh great post, the Chanel VitaLumiere goes into my wishlist :D

pari March 19, 2014 at 3:23 pm

Hi…such a great post.This one will really help all the ladies to choose foundation according to their skin types.I am also looking for a good Foundation for my dry skin ..Will definitely try ‘Face and Body’ from MAC or if there is any other Foundation then please suggest.

Thanks in Advance….:)

Ramya March 19, 2014 at 3:52 pm

Here too MUA uses HD foundation for wedding

Bonny March 19, 2014 at 4:32 pm

This year there are 3 foundations on my list- MAC MatchMaster,Make up forever and Bourjis healthy mix. if BB opens in Mumbai, then BB too! Phew!!

mily March 19, 2014 at 5:17 pm

first of all, i want to now try the derma concealers since i remember you raving about them and the chase you had to do to get the name of the product:P secondly…i want to ask these bridal makeup artists on how to achieve that perfect extremely intense black waterline..i love love black intense waterline like those tv artists but anything and everything fades after an hour on me… :( whatever product they say, howsoever costly it is…i will buy it :P

kayennat March 20, 2014 at 12:50 am

Have you tried using a gel liner on your waterline, followed with a black eyeshadow to set it on top? (unless you wear contacts like me then this should last you all day)

mily March 20, 2014 at 10:53 am

i have kayennat….this also fades after 2-3 hours :(

kayennat March 20, 2014 at 1:38 pm

Awe :( Sorry, it must be annoying. The other product that I personally use is the Soap and Glory Smoulder Kohl which is a waterproof, and really works for me. It’s hard for products to stay well on my waterline because of contacts but this one lasts really well. and is incredibly black. Best of luck :)

pari March 20, 2014 at 11:20 am

Hi mily..Do use bobby brown gel eyeliner.you know i have used all gel eyeliners from Loreal to Maybelline to Mac but none of them stay for more than 3-4 hrs.I too have oily lids.Try bobby brown.Its little costly but worth every penny.I will be soon reviewing it on my blog or else you may read its review http://www.peachesandblush.com/2013/07/bobbi-brown-long-wear-gel-eyeliner-review-love.html

Akanksha March 19, 2014 at 5:50 pm

Still waiting to try MUFE..

Abhilasha March 19, 2014 at 8:09 pm

sent you an email Mehak…can u sense my excitement?
love

Rashmi March 19, 2014 at 9:50 pm

Awesome and a much needed post dear…thx for sharing…I am dying to try Bobby brown….:-)

kayennat March 20, 2014 at 12:52 am

This is so helpful! I have been wanting to try the MUFE Hd for the longest time. There’s only 1 stockist in the whole of UK which is really far from me. I love the Bobbi Brown stick foundations, Nars Sheer Glow and Illamasqua Skin Base. They all photograph so beautifully.

Fiona March 20, 2014 at 8:53 am

I have Lancome Tient Idole on my mind… Actually this DIor forever is full coverage foundation that lasts really long and the finish is semi-matte… It’s worth trying:)

laks March 20, 2014 at 12:06 pm

Would love to try Bobby brown & Forever HD Foundation. Great and much needed post :)

krithi March 20, 2014 at 12:07 pm

I love chanel aqua vitalumiere and dior skin forever
both r such nice foundation & natural looking

Supria March 20, 2014 at 5:15 pm

I love Chanel vitalumiere, so sheer yet so effective. But I always find my match in MAC, love studio finish powder foundation. It takes a few minutes to settle into the skin, but once it does it is super flattering yet natural.

Nafisa March 20, 2014 at 6:54 pm

I adore Clinique Even Better foundation. I’ve used it on a couple of brides n the finish is gloriously natural, really long-lasting plus it photographs beautifully!