Makeup for Eyeglass Wearing Girls : Tips

by Mehak Shahani on March 22, 2014

in Makeup Tutorials

makeup-for-glasses

You guys may not know this, but I have been wearing glasses since the first grade. I think that is when I was 6 or something. So yup, Iv had the pleasure of having glass infront of my eyes since about 20 years now. Thankfully, my power is relatively low still (touch wood!) , so most times I can go without glasses wherever I need to (though I know I’m not supposed to). However, if you do wear glasses and find that eye makeup is a waste of time this quick guide may help you.

Eye Makeup Rules

1. Try colors on your lower rim not upper rim: When you wear glasses your eyelid pretty much gets covered by the top frame. However your lower rim is in direct vision. Putting a nice turquoise can be a fun look. Check out this tutorial on a similar bronze and turquoise look I did.

colored-liner-lower-lash-line

2.  A cat eyeliner is a great way to make your eyes pop: If your frames are wide, then having a cute little kitten flick is a great way to make your eyes pop and really do the talking. It instantly draws attention and makes for a cute, chic look!

cat-eyeliner-glasses

3. Your eyeliner thickness should be in proportion to the thickness of your frame: Like subtle, thin lines of liner? Well if you have a chunky frame for your glasses this aint going to work. Thicker frames= thicker eyeliner.

4. Eyebrows are extremely important: Your eyebrows, if arched and shaped well can immediately bring attention to your otherwise hidden eyes. Check out Keiko Lynn’s photograph above- her eyeliner is highly arched and brings attention to her face. Personally I love a pointy arch with glasses, I just feels the more arched and shapely you can make it, the better it looks above your frame.

Face Makeup Tricks

makeup-glasses

1. Make bright lipsticks your best friend: Big , bold frames with a hot neon pink lip is the ultimate in geek -chic. Lipstick that really talk like Impassioned, Ruby Woo or a bright coral are perfect to draw attention away from your face

2. Hoard on blushes: Nothing like soft pop of peach and pink to bring attention to your cheekbones and face

3. Limit the number of colors on the face: What might look like a very put together set of colors on a regular face, can look crowded or ‘too much’ the minute you put your glasses on. Your glasses add color too- whether they are black rims or silver frames ..so take into account all of that when choosing a color and limit it to shades of one color all across your face or at the maximum two!

Also Read: Lipstick colors for darker skin

Do you wear glasses? What are your favourite rules?

mily March 22, 2014 at 11:59 am

i also wear glasses but go full on with eye makeup…..eyes looks prettier behind the glass!

laks March 22, 2014 at 1:36 pm

Nice tricks and tips Mehak, I’m planning to get an anti glare specs :)

Aditi March 22, 2014 at 2:25 pm

i’ve been wearing glasses since i was 6 too! but my power is really high so i wear contact lenses most of the time :D i got geeky glasses recently and i’m really looking forward to going overboard with the eyeliner and lipstick! great post :)

Princess Butter March 23, 2014 at 2:37 pm

Same pinch! My power is really high too. Like soda glasses high. I wear contacts.

Priyanka Jain March 22, 2014 at 2:33 pm
Bushra March 22, 2014 at 2:36 pm

I wear glasses. This is a very helpful post. Thank you Mehak.

Crazy Indian Bride March 22, 2014 at 4:16 pm

I don’t have glasses, but I have this pair that I sometimes wear for fun. I like the ideas, specially the first one, color on the lower lid. I usually just put on a lot of mascara to make my eye pop.

mehak March 22, 2014 at 5:03 pm

Ooh thats one i forgot- putting loads of mascara to open up the eye

Mayuri March 22, 2014 at 7:49 pm

awesome tips :)

Shrutika March 22, 2014 at 7:49 pm

I got glasses when i was in seventh grade now it has been 3 years …and i love eyemakeup thanks mehak for such great tips ..never knew u had glasses since u were six ..and never knew that bold lip colors work well :)

Heena March 22, 2014 at 7:57 pm

Super Useful Tricks, Mehak!
I Especially Agree With The First One.
But Since I Have Small Eyes That Appear Smaller on Putting Upon Glasses, I Just Put on Coloured Eyeliner on the Outside Edges of Lower Lashline and Don’t Go Inside. Instead, I Apply a Nude Kajal Inside. That Makes My Eyes Look Bigger :)

Gowthami March 22, 2014 at 9:26 pm

Beautiful tips, noted :) xo

Vineetha March 23, 2014 at 10:00 am

Nice tips! loads of mascara and bright shades go well too! :-)

swati singh March 23, 2014 at 10:37 am

Big THANK YOU Mehak :)

Manasi March 23, 2014 at 1:53 pm

Nice post dear :)

Ramya March 23, 2014 at 7:00 pm

This will definitely help my friend.thanks mehak for the lovely post.she always wore nude lip gloss with glasses.now i will recommend her to go with bold colors

Swati March 23, 2014 at 9:17 pm

I do not have any glasses yet *touchwood* But the rate at which I am neglecting my eyes I just might get them. Funny part is while growing up, I always wanted to wear glasses, they look so cool sometimes :D

Priyanjana March 23, 2014 at 11:44 pm

Oh! I wear glasses since I was 5!!!! I have got a spot around by nose ! need to do something about that ! But thanks about these tricks ! I can’t even think of not wearing glasses ! I have very low power but very high cylindrical power ! so i don’t get long wear lenses too !

Zee Bee March 24, 2014 at 1:16 pm

Also,it helps if you can forget kajal on lower rim.Smokey eyes only make you look scary if you wear glasses daily.TI wear only glasses so I can tell,…..single wash of color on lids is better than anything else.I don’t use mascara becoz I have big almond shaped eyes..invest in eye brighteners and correctors for dark circles instead of eye shadows/eyeliners.

nimisha goel March 24, 2014 at 9:04 pm

This is very useful.. I have forever wondered on how to go about wearing makeup under glasses!! :D

Apurva March 29, 2014 at 7:20 am

I wear glasses and have been wearing them since I was six. I am practically blind and I hate wearing lenses. I always wear glasses. I love eye make up and here is what I do:

Whatever colour you like, buy a brighter version of it. If you like nude shimmer – go for a copper shimmer. If you like soft blue – load on the deep blue. You get the drift. Throw it on twice more than you’d have normally. You should look freaaaaky without the glasses.

Rightly said, use your lower rim. Kajal is your BFF for a usual day out. Invest in a stay all day nice kajal. Use colours, but remember, brighter the better.

Dark circles? Me too. As the world hasnt thrown up a concealer good enough to mention, just do your usual thing but do not cake up. It shows, okay? I don’t use any most days. Don’t want to look freaky.

Comes as a surprise but mascara babay. Curl those lashes and slap on some mascara and instantly you have big Zooey Deschanel eyes. :D :D