Skinlite Medical Cream : It Changed my moms life !!!

by mehak on March 9, 2014

in Reviews, Skincare

So my mom, is a person who basically owns a grand total of 2 makeup products in life. A lipstick (Mac twig) and a black liner. She scoffs at pretty much anything else and even in terms of creams, skincare and anti ageing, she couldn’t care less. She also couldn’t care less that her daughter is a beauty blogger, who some people actually trust to make purchase decisions ! “Rehne de” is her standard response to anything I recommend! But when an aunt from Canada gifted her this cream, she decided to give it a whirl (I promise you had I recommended this she would have never used it!)

Her skin problems:

She calls it genetic, I call it a severe lack of sunscreen when she was young but my mom has freckles on her cheeks. They are cute little sun spots actually, nothing more but she gets quite annoyed with them and over time with age the spots have gotten darker.  in the last two years, there was this dark patch which had appeared started from my mums forehead (near the temples) extending downwards to her cheek area. Like a little ‘C’ shaped spot on each side.

What the cream is:

Unlike the name suggests, this isn’t a fairness cream. It is a cream that you are supposed to apply on areas where you have age spots, or sun spots almost like a medicine. For my mom this was her freckles, for my aunt it was dark patches which had appeared on her cheeks and for my moms colleague (whome she recommended the cream too), it was little patches of darkness on her face . (I dont know what you call it in English but in Punjabi they say “Chaiiyaan” .

What the cream did

Well first of all, the age spotswhich were those “C’ shaped thingies, reduced so much that I have to now squint to see if its still there. Her freckles have also lightened but not gone, but overall her face looks much more even and age patches have considerably lightened. People who see her can see a visible difference and always comment on how her skin looks more clear and more even. The colleague with the dark patches- her patches have dissapeared literally and her skin glows and yes the aunt is the one who set the ball rolling so ofcourse her patches are much lighter too, so her face is now the same color all over.

Here is how she used it:

• She used this twice a day (morning and evening)  just on her age spots and freckles for the first two weeks
  • After the first 2 weeks she used it once a day in the morning !
  • By the end of the first month she could start seeing a difference in terms of the age spots
  • By the end of month 2 she could even see some marginal differences on the freckles
  • She doesnt use it anymore- maybe once a week.

This is a medicinal cream guys, don’t just go over the counter and purchase it because you read it on P&B. It has some heavy duty stuff which you should  cross check with your derm.  Plus this does have steroids you guys, so this is not a cosmetic cream to go just apply on your face. This DOES and CAN have side effects!

I would put before and after photos but my mom would make my life hell for putting pics online. She doesnt even let me put it on my personal FB account. Sigh,

Sumathi March 9, 2014 at 1:11 pm

Wow Sounds really nice.. My bff’s hubby dearest is facing some pigmentation problem and many creams failed badly. Would recommend this to him :)

shaf March 9, 2014 at 1:35 pm

Hydroquinine is the bleaching ingredient. It is usually recommended to not use hydroquinine for more than 6 months. Lots of side effects.
Tretinoin is RetinA. Used usually for anti ageing and it exfoilates the skin. If u dont know what you are doing you can burn your skin. How do I know all this? I burnt my skin using it. And then started researching about these ingredients. . Silly me shud have rresearched before using.
And retin a shud only be used at night.
And sunscreen is a must for both ingredients, else skin damage is more.

mehak March 9, 2014 at 1:53 pm

Thanks Shaf ! That was really helpful!
Yes, she was told to wear sunscreen at any cost along with this !

Mani Kaur March 12, 2014 at 10:23 pm

Any ladies pregnant or seeking to get pregnant should avoid retinoid products as it is teratogenic, meaning it has a significantly high risk of causing birth defects in the fetus as it is harmful to baby’s development.

Dr_Rashmi March 9, 2014 at 1:46 pm

With all due respect, this stuff is not to be used without dermatologist advice ever ! First hydroquinone stops melanin formation and it is associated with rebound hyper pigmentation after stopping cream post prolonged use. Plus it has steroid which leads to skin atrophy (thinning)..more wrinkles and later more sun sesitivity. we usually ask our patients to apply it just for 2 months only on spots. and then taper and stop it. Avoid using it in morning. And ALWAYS use sunscreen during day while you are using it at night. Again ..always get dermatologists’ opinion before using steroid based cream.

mehak March 9, 2014 at 1:49 pm

Thanks Dr. Rashmi
Thats why i mentioned word of cauton !!!!

Helen June 18, 2015 at 3:01 pm

Will this “kill” the melanin in your face.. pls advise

vidhya January 13, 2016 at 11:54 am

I’m using skinlite on my darkspots from past 1 week….its working great….but my skin is drying ang getting tight ….can I mix skinlite with moisturiser.

Niya March 9, 2014 at 2:21 pm

Like the other commenters said, always go to a doctor before you use this because this should only be used under consultation and for a minimal amount of time!

If you use this the wrong way (without a doctor’s supervision), it can really hurt and completely ruin your skin (I’m talking extremely thin and irritated skin, bleached patches that may never become even again). So please be careful.

If you want to lighten your dark spots, ingredients like vitamin C and Niacinamide can improve your skin without any chances of ruining it like Hydroquinone can.

Mayuri March 9, 2014 at 4:03 pm

hey my mom has the same problems.. will definitely ask her to check with the dermatologist whether she should use this cream, thanks for the helpful review :)

SHaan January 4, 2015 at 10:52 pm

Avoid using of skinlite..

Bhuvana March 9, 2014 at 5:05 pm

Sounds nice :) will recommend to my mom after consulting with doc :)

Clothes and Creativity March 9, 2014 at 5:19 pm

Sounds like some ‘heavy-duty stuff’.

Ramya UrsGorgeously March 9, 2014 at 5:29 pm

Thanks for the informative post Mehak…Would def checkout with the derm once…my mom would love to use this..!!

Piu March 9, 2014 at 6:00 pm

Your Mom sounds like my Mom. My mother only uses Ponds Cold Cream, Dabur Gulabari Cold Cream, Boroline and Vaseline Jelly. My mother hates makeup and I love applying makeup and I have loads of makeup. She only borrows deodorant and shampoos from me. I can not make my mother to wear even a lipstick.

Ramya March 9, 2014 at 6:13 pm

Really useful post mehak and sure will check this stuff with derm.

Ankita Singh March 9, 2014 at 11:09 pm

Guys, the same problem was with my mom, and I gave her the Forest Essentials Date and Litchi Eternal youth cream (scratched the price, else she’s strangle me). She has the same “I’m good without this stuff” attitude but I sold it to her saying “ayurvedic hai na” and she took it. The difference is amazing, almost all her “chhaiyan” have gone, and NO side-effects.

Supria March 9, 2014 at 11:36 pm

My mom has these sun spots too, mostly on her cheeks and her arms. She thinks it is to do with age but seriously it is to do with over exposure to sun. This sounds like a miracle!

Manasi March 11, 2014 at 10:52 am

Sounds good :)

Vineetha March 13, 2014 at 4:48 am

That sounds really nice!

unnamalai May 10, 2014 at 4:55 pm

skin lite cream

lokeshkhandaitkar May 30, 2014 at 9:53 pm

Hi mehak mera naam lokesh hai mai 3 years sai use kar raha hu our mai skin lite cream ko night mai use karta hu our skinlite cream mai 15 din mai 2 din countinue use karta hu our skinlite cream ko mai lagNe sai pahele sabun lagatahu phir cream lagata hu our subah uthne kai baad mai cream ko sabun sai face dhota hu our 15 din mai mai ek baar turti sai face dhota hu jo shewing ki turti ko lagata hu 15 din mai ek baar our meri skin white ho gayi hai llekin skin dry our sukhi dikhti hai plz mujhe kuch tips bataye ki skin lite cream mai sahi laga raha hu kyaa our glow kaisa laau face pai plz ans our hinndi language ans our mehak

kashyap June 9, 2014 at 7:31 pm

hey guyz i hd nt startd using skinlite aftr readng these cmments m so scared wheathr 2 use it or nt…plz help mi out n my complexion hd gt dark due to pollutn n tanning…plz suggest..

Asma Anjum June 18, 2014 at 12:49 am

CAUTION: Dont use this ever..ever i say…..sorry for such along story but have to tell this…somebody will be benefited my horrible experience… let me share with you guys… was in 2011 when i first came to experience this cream…iam a engineering student and we had a tour to kerala..there becoz of the climate there i got patches on my forehead,dark circles,around the mouth…so when i came bck i went to a beautician who was experted in these treatments….normally i never visit beauty parlour but for ths becoz of my friends i had to…that lady gave me a cream in bottle and told me to use it just for 1 week and see the results..but i didnt want try or to take it since it had no name on it…i must its my back luck or my foolishness it came into this beauticain’s words…she told me it just becoz she need me to test as a sample after that she will me the name…i was bit scared but becoz of my uneven skin tone i tried it…voila a girl with wheatish skin tone is 3*lighter now…i was on 9 cloud and everyone started to ask me my secret…but one i went to my relative house and forgot this cream in home…i have already used it for 6 months so i didnt care to much about that…so just 2 nights later my face much much worse horrible black,burned(my eyes started burning and watery)…so i went dematologist next day and she ckecked the smell and she told me this the cream SKINLITE..yes it that one…i smelled it too…the derma told me i need to stop this cream right now because it has burned my the most top layer of face and its very very sensitive now…she gave my some medicine,moisturiser,sunscreen to use and she told me she cant say wherther i would get back my skin…being educated she told me how i can even trust these of creams without even searching about these creams…i was so unhappy that night was most horrible for me…i cried so much so much…trust me…my family was very depressed of me doing this…i prayed to GOD so much….i regreted and i told myself i wont do this type of thing again my life…now after nearly 3 years,and thanks TO MY GOD my skin is ok but still very sensitive(it will get red if just press it for 3 minutes)with he same black patches but iam very happy that people can still see my face….Thanks GOD my whole heart whatever he has given me iam satisfied…My only suggestion to you guys please never go for any beatician words for anything and please dont experiment with your beautiful skin…You can say iam just foolish person but i never wanted to do that bad to skin…no girl will … grateful and if you any skin problem just go for a dermatologist…tanned skin,dark skin etc doesnt matter…….u should have a healthy skin…use only natural things….

dj July 20, 2014 at 11:32 pm

omg asma,is it true?can this cream burn my face? i have got some huge black patches on forheads and chicks and black pimple spots…should i use this?pls help me ….plz…

Asma Anjum August 22, 2016 at 5:04 am

Yes!Its been 5 yrs …still struggling the damage done…black patches all over the face with visible capillaries aroung nose,eyes,cheeks…:(

Asma Anjum August 22, 2016 at 5:05 am

Yes!Its been 4 yrs …still struggling the damage done…black patches all over the face with visible capillaries aroung nose,eyes,cheeks…:(

addy October 13, 2014 at 10:30 am

i m using this cream from last two years…..but i have faced no side effects….if u want a glowing skin from this cream…then in starting use it 15 days daily but after 15 days start using it with a 2 days gap..or 1 day gap…..and avoid sunlight exposure…u can call me 07206357177 for more help…. :)

Dj October 20, 2014 at 9:12 am

Thanks. I am also using this cream for nearly 3 months now and it has changed my skin tone dramatically!! It’s a really useful cream for meleama.My dark patches are literally gone and I have got an even skin tone..But before a month I tried to stop it..but after 4 days of stoppage my skin color turned to Brown again…so now I’m using this with 1 or 2 days of gap..I think I should stop I’m gonna use a bit milder cream named kojivit for maintenance.

akash January 18, 2015 at 11:30 am

plz stop using dis cream waste stuff,

Ajithaa Mary August 12, 2015 at 10:48 am

plz stop the usage of this cream.if u got allergy ,then u can try Fresh n Fariry an homeopathic can somewhat relieve t allergy..

Koya lingaraj reddy August 26, 2015 at 2:33 pm

Skinlight cream loganese mera life change ho gaya thenks skinlight

Sneha pogol October 5, 2015 at 12:38 pm

Are there any true medications that will help me get thick eyebrows?

Vipin December 29, 2015 at 1:35 am

I am using skinlite cream from last 7 yrs and i am applying it on face at night before sleeping and washing my face in morning and I haven’t found any issue or problems while using it, recently I came to know about problems caused by skinlite cream so just want to know what should I do.

katie January 16, 2016 at 8:31 am

hey doctor i myself katie m fair in color but nw a days i feel that my complexion is little bit dark… m using skin lite from yesterday only so i want to know that can skin lite improves my complexion earlier also i hv used it and found a good result widout side effects and then i stopped this but again i want to improves my color can i use it again..please give me advice

Mani June 26, 2016 at 11:05 pm

Donot use skinlite guys first 1 month I will use my face face will be fully white and next month cannot apply the cream my face is fully don’t use guys…..