The Best Concealers for Dark Circles in India : Top 10!

by Mehak Shahani on March 7, 2014

in Concealer, Face Products, Reviews

As cute as panda’s are (you just want to hug them and sit in their furry lap and tickle them), inheriting their eyes are a major pain in the a$$. I am one of those inflicted with Panda like dark circles, which over the course of Beauty Blogging, Wedding Blogging and being in a job that involves intensive staring at the screen has only worsened (My eyes look ‘dhassa hua’ if you know what I mean).

My problem is also unique  because my under eye area is very very delicate. Any heavy coverage concealer settles into fine lines for me, so I need:

- Light weight concealer that

- Provides coverage and

- Also moisturizes

Its like finding a unicorn. No concealer exists that satisfies all three qualities. Thats it. Post ends. There are no concealers for dark circles :p . Okay well some come close:

best-concealers-dark-circles

1. Mac Select Moisture Cover Concealer : I used this for the longest time ever, and it conceals really well actually. It also doesnt settle too much into fine lines either. I just found that I couldn’t find any color that was yellow enough to really match my panda -esque circles. The color was too orange for me ! If you do however find a great match this is a nice option, but this doesnt moisturize as much. Read more about this concealer here

2. Inglot Under Eye Concealer: This was my HG concealer, first because the color is yellow and it was a PERFECT match for my under eye circles. Secondly it moisturizes and conceals as well too ! Sounds amazing. Well it was…except applying this is really difficult. The consistency is watery so you have to apply with a brush (actually a damp brush is best)  otherwise it can end up looking totally patchy. So its a bit high maintainence in the sense that if you dont get it right you will have to go an remove it and redo it etc etc. Read more about this concealer here

3. Bobbi Brown Tinted Eye Brightener: Current favourite concealer. Now honestly this doesnt have high coverage, it has low to medium coverage but I have found i can build this up to a level where I look pretty bright and awake.  It may not be a concealer which will cover 100% of your circles, but as long as it makes you look awake and fresh who cares. It just brightens the under eye area, it moisturizes as well and super easy to use. On an everyday basis, i really like using this ! Very lightweight so no settling into lines. Read more about this here

4. Bobbi Brown Concealer and Corrector: See now this one DOES actually cover up almost 100% of dark circles. You use the Bobbi Brown Correcter and then layer the Concealer over it. The coverage is super good , but the problem is if you have very thin skin under your eyes (Mine is literally like eggshell thin) , then this is too heavy for you because it can crease and make it go into folds and stuff.

5. Becca Creamy Concealer: For a while I absolutely LOVED this. Because it was a concealer that truly made me look like I have zero dark circles. After a 11 hour long flight to New York where i was severely jet lagged- this made me look like I had just had the best sleep ever !!! But ultimately the consistency is so thick an its sticky that by the end of the day it starts lookin patchy and unnatural. Also the pen mechanism just freezes up the concealer inside and its really hard to get out . So if they made the consistency thicker it may work.  Read more about this here

6. YSL Touche Eclat: This is actually a nice to have option, not a must have. Its not really even a concealer either. Its just an eye brightener. It provides relatively low coverage, lowest out of all mentioned but it definitely adds a healthy dose of brightness and radiance to your under eye area. Read more about this here

7.Mac Studio Sculpt: Heavy coverage, but heavy consistency and settles into lines

8. Mac Studio Finish: Good coverage, but high maintainence in application or can be cakey. Read more about this here

9. Clinique Even Better Concealer: This actually won the Best Concealer in our Readers choice awards so I am very intrigued to try this out !!! Considering over 100 of you guys voted for it..For sure!

Clothes and Creativity March 7, 2014 at 3:45 pm

Although I’m not big on concealers, I do use my Maybelline Dream Touch one (works more as a brightener than a concealer)! I also like the stick from Oriflame, medium coverage but lice to work with.

Clothes and Creativity March 7, 2014 at 3:45 pm

*nice

Xuvious March 7, 2014 at 3:55 pm

Nice list! I still use my Bobbi Brown Corrector and Mac Select Moisture Combo.
I want to try the Nars creamy concealer and the Clinique one you’ve listed!

Tanmayee March 7, 2014 at 3:56 pm

Nice post…not much a concealer person though :) generally use my foundation only :)

Arzoo March 7, 2014 at 4:07 pm

Lol panda eyes and dhassa hua :P same goes for me, my eyes has worsened with blogging and my studies :( I use concealers a lot, I want to try that Inglot high maintenance concealer, will check out how it fares for my skin, loved the compilation Mehak.

Ramya UrsGorgeously March 7, 2014 at 4:23 pm

Absolutely helpful post again! Great compilation….!! :)

Manasi March 7, 2014 at 4:46 pm

Nice compilation dear :)

Supria March 7, 2014 at 5:00 pm

I alternate between MAC studio fix and MAC select moisture cover. Neither is perfect!

I wanna give the Nars radiant creamy concealer a try. It comes with so much hype.

Aanchal March 7, 2014 at 5:12 pm

Mehak why dont you try colorbar concealer, I have heard its good!!

Rashmi March 7, 2014 at 5:29 pm

Great compilation dear…I need to purchase a new concealer…will choose one from these…:-)

laks March 7, 2014 at 5:35 pm

Very useful post fo me. I am not happy with my maybelline concealer :( . I would love to try Clinique for my next purchase

Harine March 7, 2014 at 5:45 pm

I want to try the Clinique even Better concealer :)

kayennat March 7, 2014 at 6:24 pm

Have you tried “setting” your concealer with powder Mehak to prevent the creasing?
That’s something that really helps my concealer not settling into the lines. I do love the Bobbi Brown creamy concealer, the Becca compact concealer and the Nars radiant creamy concealer.

Meghana March 7, 2014 at 6:45 pm

nice list. it might come handy to me some day although i dont use any as of now. :P

Embellished March 7, 2014 at 8:08 pm

I’ve always wanted to try the Becca Creamy concealer!

Preeti Kaur March 7, 2014 at 8:58 pm

The best color match I have ever found in a concealer for my under eyes is Loreal True match Shade N4-5). But it doesn’t stay for more than 2 hours. Whatever time it stays, it looks perfect :)

I tried MUFE full cover (comes in a tube with a tiny nozzle. My shade match was number 6) and it was for 2500. I didn’t buy it. I tried it at Sephora around 12 pm and my eyes were looking totally awake till 10 at night. It could have stayed longer but I went to bed early that night and removed it. I will buy it as soon as I can.

By the way, my under eye area is very thin & delicate. BB corrector & concealer creased horribly on me with a big H in the store.

Bonny March 7, 2014 at 9:02 pm

Me too dont have very great experience with concealers…Though currently im using MAC Select Cover up Corrector and it suits my dry delicate under eye so well..Light to medium coverage which is perfect for everyday use..Found my shade too!!

rinnee March 7, 2014 at 9:09 pm

mac studio sculpt is my favourite!

Priyanjana March 7, 2014 at 9:39 pm

Even I have worst kind of dark circles !!ughh

Sumathi March 7, 2014 at 11:02 pm

It’s like you have written this post for me. I have panda dhasse hue eyes.. After all the effort I take to do the makeup, I still end up looking beemar because of the dark circles. Would definitely get one of these.

Mayuri March 7, 2014 at 11:34 pm

I wanna try the Bobbi Brown concealer.. I wish I’m able to get my hands on it soon :)

krithi March 8, 2014 at 2:08 pm

Good post
Currently I use mac studio fix ,but i agree application is bit difficult
and i want to buy clinique next :)

Sangeeta March 9, 2014 at 8:24 am

Wanting to try Clinique concealer after reading this post. I have panda eyes and most concealers feel heavy. Clinique sounds like a good try.

Apurva March 9, 2014 at 10:44 pm

Okay I tried the Clinique even better concealer – I have no friggin idea why people say it’s awesome. It caked up on me and maybe my skin is some weird shade but it looked horrible and it dries up so bad. :|

mehak March 10, 2014 at 12:17 am

oh noooo really??

coralcrue March 10, 2014 at 2:11 pm

I like revlon so far. Need an orange corrector underneath though. Will report if that works out well. I like your post, it’s compiled really well and speaks of your experience with concealers. <3

Shikha March 10, 2014 at 2:33 pm

I bought Inglot concealer reading your post. It works well however after sometime it starts to settle in fine lines. May be I am not using it correctly. Recently I bought Bobby Brown concealer and It does blend really well on skin but coverage is not that good.

Rashmi K March 12, 2014 at 5:21 pm

I am currently using the Smashbox concealer and loving it. I have sooperfine undereye skin like yours, and eyes set very deep; making the dark circles look like major potholes!
The application of the Smashbox one is quite easy (directly from tube or with brush: i use the brush to build it up and not tug on my skin) and it blends beautifully. Only problem is it isn’t available in India. But i guess it could be purchased online.

Sindhu March 16, 2014 at 9:13 am

Dark circles! sigh.
I’ve been battling these for a while now, and they’re honestly the only reason i started even wearing makeup. I own way too many concealers to list. Here is a little word of advice: the orange correctors really work! No kidding. After years of not wanting to put something that bright on my face, I gave in and bought one, and may I just say- I can use all of my concealers. Literally Anything that matches your skin can go over it (unless of course it creases like mad). Peach correctors are ok too, but for indian skin orange works better(it depends on the color of the circles, not your actual skin tone)
That brings me to the second point-tarte creaseless concealer. Opaque, and does not crease. Its super tacky so it scared the crap out of me the first time, but I didn’t even set it and it stayed all day.

prachi August 1, 2014 at 1:27 pm

hi …
i am new in makeupworld … i have dark dark dark and more dark circles in my dusky complexion …. rt now i am using chambor concealer and its my first concealer so i cant judge whether it is good or bad .. but i m not so much satisfied with this … … may be it is not completey hide my dark circles …. can u tell me whether i should continue this or should try anathor one ……