Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week 2014 Day 1 : Follow Me Around

by Mehak Shahani on March 26, 2014

in Fashion

There are a few things Iv learnt about Fashion weeks in the last few years:

1. Wear your most comfortable clothes (the closest comfort can come to looking nice that is)

2. Covering fashion week is much more annoying than it looks (You have to be on your feet 24/7 , jostle to get a seat and sometimes  even just stand on your feet during all the shows). Plus there are 8 shows in  a day, so multiply that with 8.

wills-lifestyle-india-fashionweek1

Okay, so get ready. Wear your favourite pants (read about my Koovs haul here)  and your flower print dress yv worn a million times (Its a dress, I just tucked it in to look like a top). Mom hates that dress- she says its ‘fitta hua’ ..or super faded and totally not fashionable. Ignore moms plea of adding a scarf because you dont look fashionable enough. Sorry, this is the max I can do and no I cannot add heels either.
wills-lifestyle-india-fashion-week-001

Once you are at the show, you are bound to bump into fellow bloggers. That is Shreya from ‘FOr the Love of Fashion‘. I can never forget her blog because I actually won a giveaway on it , in which I won a phone ! A PHONE ! Sony Xperia- cute pink shaded phone which I eventually misplaced.

wills-lifestyle-india0fashionweek3-001

wills-lifestyleindiafashonweek-001

At Fashion week,  there is always a big rush outside the show areas. You encounter tons of types of people . 5  types stand out

1. The serious fashion buyers – they come from buying houses of big stores and are all business like

2. The PR and event management people – they are usually hassled, annoyed and runing around everywhere

3. The women who know someone, who know someone who knows Tarun Tahilianis sister and thats why they are there. They cutely look awestruck and amazed everywhere and whisper “Oh look that is bandana tiwari !”.

4. The bloggers- who quite frankly are the some of the more stylish people around (Not me, my sense of style is very sort of commercial ..but some of these girls look like they stepped out of Vogue or something)

5. The models- they prance about in their gunjees (official model clothing) and tiny shorts sipping some coffee or iced tea or something and totally do not care about anything else)

tarun-tahiliani-show-setup-001

If you do manage to make it inside the show area, prepare to be awestruck at the gorgeous stage backdrop. LOVED this at Tarun Tahiliani!

wills-lifestyle-india-fashion-week4-001

The camera people are loud, and rowdy and oh so fun ! They get the best seats in the house, though a tad unomfortable , but Im convinced they are the only ones who can view the garments properly!

stage1-001

The show starts. Gorgeous gorgeous lighting which look like chakras/flowers that I cannot fathom.

wills-lifestyle-india0fashionweek5-001

The show continues , and Im bedazzled with those fairy lights..Full post about the tahiliani show coming soon!

wills-lifestyle-india0fashionweek7-001Oh my god. Its Shilpa Shetty! A million people take out their cell phones and girls…yes girls ..like me all are like going crazy saying ” How hot is she” . No seriously. Im letching dude, its not even funny- that girl can ooze sex appeal in a sack. By the way I loved what she wore !! Like an offshoulder top with a lehenga in a myriad of silks. So fun!

show-area

Once the show ends, you can also go roam around the stalls at the back. Some of the designers are super nice and super welcoming (Dolly J ) , some of them politely refuse to even let you come near their stall with a camera. (By the way we have a fab new post on Wed Me Good about bridal buys we spotted at WLIFW !)

Thats a wrap !!! That was for 1 show, im not sure I can make it to fashion week tommorow but more about the Tarun show will be coming soonnn!

PS: Wearing Bobbi Brown Pink Lily

Read about the Tarun Tahiliani Show on  Day 1

Pia March 26, 2014 at 8:53 pm

I have been to a fashion week once but never heard that the designer refusing someone near the stall. Do they did not know the fact not all well off people roam around designer wear. Some are dressed very modestly and simply. I think you should have given our feedback to organizers as fashion show is for business not an exclusive invite wine and cheese soiree like some big jewellery houses organizes for super rich.

mehak March 26, 2014 at 10:52 pm

Hey ! It wasn about refusin me at the stall actually. I had a camera and I was clicking photos so I could cover them on our wedding blog wedmegood

Some were kind of rude and just like..sorry cameras are not allowed inside the stall..

Pia March 27, 2014 at 7:31 am

Photography is sometimes denied as the designs get stolen and get launched before the actual collection is launched at much lesser price. I heard once the same has happened for Sabyasachi’s designs in one fashion week.

But rude behavior is never allowed from anyone.

mehak March 27, 2014 at 8:41 am

That is true !! There is a way of saying no yknow!

kayennat March 28, 2014 at 12:04 am

All the photos gets published online now, no one needs a camera to steal anyone’s designs anymore. I don’t get the whole no camera thing. Rude!

mehak March 28, 2014 at 12:47 am

Specially when I show that im a blogger, and im not silly to carry a DSLR if i want to copy your designs dude.

Kayennat March 26, 2014 at 8:58 pm

This looks super amazing. Am sure you’re having a great time. I love your trousers. They are amazing.

Sharon March 26, 2014 at 9:25 pm

Love hearing your adventures at WLIFW!!

Btw, for me – comfortable does not equate to looking good. If I’m comfy in my clothes, I usually look I’ve worn a shamiana. And if I look smashing, I probably need to be hooked to an oxygen tank as soon as I’m out of those clothes – OR there is a ton of itching, pinching and general uncomfortable-ness. And DO NOT GET ME STARTED ON HEELS.

*cough*

Anyway, my point is – I’m super jealous of pretty girls like you who manage to look stunning while being comfy!!

Explain how this alien concept works to me, please!

mehak March 26, 2014 at 11:16 pm

hahaha shamiana !!!
dude it was an alien concept to me till i started reading all these cool fashion blogs..These fashion bloggers i tell you- they make laidback chic look totally cool !

mily March 26, 2014 at 9:50 pm

doesnt shilpa look malnourished? hehe..but you are looking super cool Mehak!

Preeti Kaur March 26, 2014 at 9:52 pm

This is Shilpa’s best look, I think. She totally rocks this outfit!

Supria March 26, 2014 at 10:08 pm

Love what you are wearing and Shreya looks super gorgeous :)

Arzoo March 26, 2014 at 10:15 pm

You look so comfy and cool Mehak, I think this could be the best outfit for such fashion show, it’s looking more good without heels :D

Aditi March 26, 2014 at 10:15 pm

i was just about to ask what lipstick you’re wearing, so pretty :) and btw your outfit is AMAZING. you carry off those pants effortlessly! love shilpa shetty’s lehenga, it’s really funky :) cant wait for more posts!

Srishty March 26, 2014 at 10:20 pm

I totally loved what you are wearing Mehak! I have similar pants but they fit very weird on me, while yours look perfect on you. :) Loved the lights. I don’t like Shilpa a lot, I don’t understand how everyone finds her that hot :P, i find her just fine. :)

Srishty March 26, 2014 at 10:23 pm

oh, and, where are the shoes from? :)

mehak March 26, 2014 at 11:18 pm

venus steps.
all my shoes are from there i think

Srishty March 27, 2014 at 4:18 pm

Lol! Thanks, i remember you talking about them in another post, they should start paying you? ;)

Xuvious March 26, 2014 at 11:20 pm

Love your pants! It’s nice to get an honest view of fashion week. :)

Sumathi March 26, 2014 at 11:59 pm

You look really pretty. I love those pants. I feel so bad for skipping them during the sale :( They look awesome.
Oh ya a lot of people refuse to let camera in. It’s so hard for bloggers to get through all this.
I was at a new MAC store once and the lady there didn’t allow me to take pics. So I swatched the lipsticks, came out and took pics infront of people wondering who this crazy girl is :P

Swati March 27, 2014 at 12:50 am

Loved what you wore…looks very comfy. Plus it so does not look like its a top! The whole event looks so much fun and fascinating!

Ramya March 27, 2014 at 7:32 am

Outfit looks pretty mehak

laks March 27, 2014 at 9:52 am

Loved your comfy look. Those belted trousers are too good. Shilpa shetty looks super hot in what ever she wears :)

Aayushi March 27, 2014 at 10:34 am

Oh My God…. I am awestruck looking at Shipa Shetty… Her waistline is so sexy… She is definately a Yummy Mummy….. You can check my latest article from my blog at Premier Jour Nina Ricci

shikha March 27, 2014 at 11:03 am

i love that tops
my new blog

Poo@beautyandmakeupmatters March 27, 2014 at 12:12 pm

Shilpa is seriously Hawwwttt.. even I am staring herr.. !!
U look fab dear.. but its quite impossible to satisfy mum’s with our picsk.. ;)

Ashima Suri March 27, 2014 at 12:24 pm

Love your outfit Mehak! It’s really nice and I am sure it would have been mega comfortable! I wish I become thin one day to be able to wear pants like these! :)

Manasi March 27, 2014 at 12:51 pm

Nice Floral top dear :)

Clothes and Creativity March 27, 2014 at 2:12 pm

Mehak, I like the outfit that you’ve worn- ‘casual-chic’ which hits the ‘spring’ spot!
Just curious to know about the handbag that you carried.

Shreya March 27, 2014 at 2:59 pm

you are such a high dose of cuteness and prettiness <3

pari March 27, 2014 at 3:20 pm

shilpa shetty looks so sick ..something wrong with her.but anyways you look fab ..in sync with the spring collection..that top looks so nice..

Bonny March 27, 2014 at 4:01 pm

I want to learn those conturing!! oh yes Shilpa looks smoking hot in that lehenga….How can someone be so damn slim even after delivering a baby!! criminal!! :) and Mehak u attire is very chick.. I like!

krithi March 27, 2014 at 9:14 pm

I love that dress

Harine March 27, 2014 at 9:33 pm

Love yr expression in the first pic… Nice outfit, I agree you should be comfortable to the core when you have to walk around the whole day..

Meghana March 28, 2014 at 4:00 pm

forget the show. i loved your outfit and the way you sport. The event looks enjoyable though.