My Week in Instagram: Vol 3

by Mehak Shahani on April 26, 2014

in Uncategorized

I have been a bit MIA lately. Well not really in terms of posting but in terms of my involvement here and that should change soon guys but at the moment just been swamped with so much stuff happening in the background!. Here is my week in instagram pictures..

Fullscreen capture 26-04-2014 195237.bmp

So we had to move out of our older place (looonng story which shall come soon with a whole new home decor post), and move into a new furnished place. So this time, I dont have to buy my furniture- I have to make do with whatever is available. Undoubtedly, my drawing room area has one of the ugliest brown and black cushions possible and the entire house actually has zero color which is so not me. I like color everywhere so just starting to do up the place slowly!

Fullscreen capture 26-04-2014 195310.bmpBy the way- Wed Me Good has an office. Its a cute work sharing arrangement and even though its not pretty with pastels and flowers to inspire me- its productive and gets the job done for now.

Fullscreen capture 26-04-2014 195259.bmp Fullscreen capture 26-04-2014 195449.bmpLot of shoe shopping happening. Spotted the mojris above at Venus Steps and these colorful beaded shoes at Pavers were gifted to me by my mom.  So cute !

Fullscreen capture 26-04-2014 195514.bmp

So we featured this bride on our wedding website- wed me good who had worn her moms lehenga. I got so inspired I took out my moms old lehenga – wore the skirt and then paired it with a black velvet  long top as a sharara . I really liked the whole effect and its got my brains churning.

Fullscreen capture 26-04-2014 195508.bmp

Funnest part of doing the house- doing the dresser. Yayie

Fullscreen capture 26-04-2014 195249.bmp

Thats me with Eliano at the Bobbi Brown event. See more about the event and sneak peak of the new spring summer collection here

Lisha@HeartBowsMakeup April 26, 2014 at 8:28 pm

I loved ur mum’s lehenga and the way u paired it! I wish I could be that skinny *sob sob*
Lisha@HeartBowsMakeup recently posted..Burst Of Happyness What A Girl Wants Facial Cleanser Review: The Best Natural Cleanser For Combi – Oily Skin!My Profile

Pia April 26, 2014 at 8:42 pm

Congrats for new home and office and do enjoy the decor.You are looking very beautiful in the lehenga and I would suggest you to go with a contrasting net or raw silk blouse as per current fashion trend.
You are so lucky. Atleast your mom is allowing you to wear her lehenga.My mother is so possessive about her wedding saree and her veil that I am not even allowed to go near to the trunk.Though she has no problem if I wear her jewellery.

Sumathi April 26, 2014 at 9:40 pm

That Violet rug is very pretty. Such little things bring such a huge difference.
Your mom’s lehenga is very pretty. And I totally love the lehenga with kurta look. It looks really classy.
I also love mojris. But my feet are so tiny that I never get my size. There are either kids sizes or bigger ones.
Sumathi recently posted..Blog Sale Part II: Necklaces & SetsMy Profile

GlamCasa April 26, 2014 at 9:54 pm

Seems like an interesting week. :)
GlamCasa recently posted..MAC Studio Finish Concealer NC35 – Review and PhotosMy Profile

Clothes and Creativity April 26, 2014 at 10:09 pm

Looking forward to the home decor post! BTW, I emailed you regarding a post?!
Clothes and Creativity recently posted..OOTD Video: How to Make Animal Print Work for WorkMy Profile

mehak April 26, 2014 at 11:08 pm

let me check been very out of it
mehak recently posted..My Week in Instagram: Vol 3My Profile

Chris April 26, 2014 at 10:19 pm

Shoes!! I love the beaded shoes in the third photo.
Chris recently posted..Rescue Beauty Lounge Nail Polish SwatchesMy Profile

vini @dndb April 26, 2014 at 10:25 pm

Awesome! Congrats on the new office. Waiting for the home decor posts!!
vini @dndb recently posted..The Mauritius Trip – Travel DiaryMy Profile

Xuvious April 26, 2014 at 10:27 pm

Love the lehenga with black velvet! :)
Xuvious recently posted..Rimmel Glam Eyes Day 2 Night Waterproof Mascara in BlackMy Profile

Srishty April 26, 2014 at 11:17 pm

Loved the sharara look! I like shararas but always have this feeling that they never look as flattering as other Indian wear. This looks as flattering as anything else!! :D And can we have a shoe post too, considering that you shopped so much? :D
Srishty recently posted..6 practical work outfits!My Profile

Mayuri April 26, 2014 at 11:28 pm

loved your mom’s lehenga!! the office looks awesome.. you have come such a long way!! all the best for future :)
Mayuri recently posted..Review: Tresemme Keratin Smooth Shampoo – smoother and visibly straighter hair without hassle!My Profile

Bonny April 26, 2014 at 11:32 pm

House shifting is a pain..we just went through that last month and praying that we dun exp that again atleast fr next 3 years.
Bonny recently posted..EOTD with Cameo 12 Color Eye ShadowMy Profile

laks April 26, 2014 at 11:52 pm

The shoes which your mom gifted is super cute :)
laks recently posted..How many of you have written a blog the day before your wedding?My Profile

Swati April 27, 2014 at 12:12 am

I loved the way you paired your moms lehenga with that kurta!! I should go pester my mom too now.. :D
Swati recently posted..Kitchen Beauty : Listerine Foot Soak DIY!My Profile

Suneha April 27, 2014 at 9:05 am

Congrats for ur new home n Wed me Good’s office Mehak… :) those beaded shoes are simply wowwww… :)

Manasi April 27, 2014 at 9:38 am

pretty lehenga dear!
Manasi recently posted..NOTD: LA SPLASH Nail polish Blowfish purple, No 12151My Profile

Supria April 27, 2014 at 10:50 am

The lehenga used as a sharara is genius! Can’t wait for your home decor post Mehak!
Supria recently posted..The Husband Haul – SkincareMy Profile

krithi April 27, 2014 at 11:40 am

nice pics and good luck with house move
krithi recently posted..Stila Stay All Day® Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner -Dark Brown ReviewMy Profile

Rashmi April 27, 2014 at 1:03 pm

Congrats for the new house and office Mehak…I just loved the way you paired your mom’s lehenga with a kurta…so innovative…:-)
Rashmi recently posted..Madhuri Dixit in Sonaakshi Raaj on the green carpet of IIFA awards 2014My Profile

Priyanjana April 27, 2014 at 5:07 pm

You are soo skinny ! love the pairing of the lehenga !
Priyanjana recently posted..Spolied hearts nail artMy Profile

richa singh chhabra April 27, 2014 at 10:02 pm

lehenga is super beautiful!! i too love picking mom’s or sister’s old stuff n tryin out ‘em in my way :) n congo for ur new house n ofc!

shagun April 28, 2014 at 12:32 pm

awesome shoes :**:*:*:*
HEALTHY EATING

Shikha April 28, 2014 at 2:02 pm

I like venus steps too. :) they have nice and affordable collection. My mum wore saree on her D-day and I loved it. Saree become part of my wedding trousseau
Shikha recently posted..OOTD – Pink Cotton Suit From WestsideMy Profile

Rupali April 30, 2014 at 4:24 pm

oh my Mehak you and your mom are like the same weight and height!

I Could never fit into my mom’s lehenga as she was really skinny as a bride and I’m this fat buffalo and she is tiny and I am 5’8!