While with lipsticks I pretty much tend to try whatever catches my fancy, with blushes I have so far been a firm Mac Loyalist. However, Incase you are confused about what the deal is with the fancy finishes and names and which one is for you we got the lowdown on Mac Blushes in this one whopper of a post (if i can say so myself).
So first of, I asked the Mac team about these different blushes and what makes each of them unique. This is what they had to say:
Types of Mac Blushes in Store
- Matte Blush : Mattes are the most pigmented blushes. They can be used for day and night times but are mostly used as Day colors. If you are a deeper skintone, I recommend you buy a matte as they pack on the color.
- Satin Blushes: Think of these as semi mattes. They have full to medium pigmentation but have a tad bit more sheen than mattes.
-Sheertone Blushes: These are more natural, sheer an can be built up to a medium coverage blush. The Sheertone Shimmer variants have pearlized pigments in them which give some amount of natural highlighting
- Frost: Medium coverage, but with a lot of shimmer. These should be used only if you have naturally good skin because the shimmer in them can tend to highlight any acne you may have.
-Mineralized blushes: These are sheer to medium blushes and mostly meant for evening events as they have some amount of shimmer in them
- Creme Blend blushes: Cream Blushes specially meant for dry skin.
-Cream Color base: These are pearlized sort of highlighters and are absolutely phenomenal in my opinion. I loved this the most from everything I tried.
Must Check out Blushes for Indian skin
Disclaimer: My camera makes all blushes look the same but here goes. I asked the Mac store girls to help me with some of the nicest blushes for Indian skin. I didnt want to give you the already popular names, so these are hidden treasures that the Mac SA’s recommended.
Blush 1: Mac Coppertone
Coppertone is a Mac Matte blush. This one is like a burnt orangey sort of color and girls with deeper skintones willl enjoy this a lot according to me. I liked it too!
Blush 2: Mac Cubic
Cubic is a satin blush. Its a dusty rose and looks perfect for medium skinones in my opinion.
Blush 3: Mac Sunbasque
That is Mac Sunbasque- its a sheertone shimmer and gives this beautiful golden glow when you move your face. Really nice for medium skintones this one as well as deeper ones. So gorgeous
Blush 4: Mac Style
Style is a frost blush which is actually a soft coral peach with a gold sheen. Its really really pretty, somehow my camera makes it look pink but its a must check out blush at mac
Blush 5: Cream Color Base: Pearl Highlighter
My favourite thing in the Mac store were the Cream Color Bases. Oh em gee . These are beyond stunning – the cream color base has been used on my cheekbones just to give a highlight and I love the soft diffused glow it gave to my cheeks. The one I used is called pearl.
I also tried Gleeful (Mineralized Blush) and Something Special(Cremeblend) but my pictures have not been able to do justice to those.
Blush 6: The blush I bought
THIS is the blush I bought- which on is it? Not any of the ones above though I was considering Cubic and Sunbasque..review coming soon. Hint: its a sheertone shimmer
Additional Mac Blushes for every skintone
For Lighter skintones check out:
- Mac Buff Blush which is a matte finish blush
- Mac Dainty which is a lovely mineralized blush
- Highlighters in Pearl and Luna
For Medium skintones check out:
- Mac Peaches
- Mac Gleeful (Mineralized blush)
- Highlighters in Hush and Shell
For Darker skintones check out :
- Mac stubborn Pro Longwear Blush
- Mac Love Thing Mineralized Blush
- Mac Fever Blush
- Highlighters in Improper Copper
Cream Color Bases
From left: Pearl, Shell, Hush, Improper Copper
Shout out to Madhu – who helped me shoot these pics. She works for Wed Me Good :)
Lipstick I am wearing is Mac Dreaming Dahlia
Would you like this as a continued series with more Mac Blush swatches on my face? We can try and run through whichever blushes there are worth checking out if Im allowed to that is..
Subscribe Updates, Its FREE!