So the fact that I have been struggling with my hair is no secret. In the run up to my wedding, I had taken really good care of it (courtesy beloved Kamini Aunty) but standing as of now with Gurgaon’s Hard water issues and a lack of time Im back to my hair feeling limp, lifeless and with no shine. (PS: If you live in Gurgaon, and are experiencing hair fall its because the water here is the worst kind of water you can put on your hair- its like the authorities WANT you to go bald in a sadistic way. Water softeners dont help either)
Anyway, Iv been looking for a quick, effortless way to oil my hair – something that doesn’t smell, is non extra greasy and gets washed off easily and I hit the nail on the head with the Dabur Vatika Enriched Olive oil which was sent to me. Now I dont usually put reviews like Hair oils on the blog- they dont seem to be as “exciting” as say a new lipstick but I have REALLY been liking this one so it deserved a shout out!
Product Claims: “The effectiveness of Dabur Vatika Enriched Olive Hair Oil lies in its miraculous ingredients. We’ve put together the wholesome nourishment of olive oil with the goodness of almond protein and aloe vera, thoughtfully chosen after taking into consideration the problems that have long bothered millions of women. From big hair problems like hair fall, flaky scalp, brittle hair to minor hair woes such as dry hair, frizzy hair or split ends, vatika olive hair oil has the potential to answer them all.”
Whats to like about this thing:
– It doesn’t smell like oil. I dont know what it really smells like -maybe eucalyptus but it actually smells kind of nice and fragrant
– Its relatively thinner than coconut oil, and not as greasy. While it coats my strands well, I dont feel that ‘oil dripping’ sensation I get with other oils
– It gets washed out really quickly which is like hurrayyy for me, because I have zero patience and time
– My hair really does feel Bouncy and silky at the same time. There is a definite shine to it, when I wash my hair and it feels soft to touch but at the same time it doesnt feel limp and weighed down, its like some life has been infused into my hair which is more than I can say for any other hair oil I have used.
Whats not to like
– Nothing really- I haven’t used it long enough to see a dramatic reduction in hair fall but I shall update this review with my findings in a month or so.
Recommendation: This Vatika Enriched Olive Oil has become a part of my regular hair care routine now – I can see the difference when I use this before my shampoo, and when I dont . While i cannot vouch for hairfall control what I can vouch for is that this gives silky, bouncy hair which has some life in it !
I asked Dabur if they could give away a bottle of one of these to our readers to test out and they nicely agreed. So all you need to do is comment below and tell me WHY you need the dabur vatika oil in your life !
Subscribe Updates, Its FREE!