My Experience at the Jamuna Pai Blush Clinic: The Intense Hydration Facial!

by Mehak Shahani on May 29, 2014

in Skincare

white-salon-jamuna-pai-blush-clinic-001 Pretty Flowers and all white decor

There are so many things going on in the background you guys, that I am close to dropping down in a pile on the floor right now. Partly because the temperature outside is 44 degrees, partly because there is a lot of action around youtube channels, new layouts and ofcourse wedmegood keeping me busy (Yup..youtube channel is in the pipeline for P&B folks.). So my ‘me time’ has seriously taken a backseat in the past few weeks. My skin has been behaving, dull, dehydrated and completely sallow so when I was invited to the blush clinic for an experiential , it could n;t have come at a better time. I was in desperate need of some TLC.

I first entered this all-white space and took a seat flipping through the latest Vogue and Cosmo as I waited for my turn. I spotted a lot of brides to be, and newly married girls coming in and getting treatments etc done. Fifteen minutes later I  met Jamuna Pai (girl crush happening- her skin GLOWS, and she looks years younger than her age). We chatted a bit about PCOS (anyone else here have it. High five ! lol), hairfall, skin dullness and then I was whisked away into the room where the facial was happening.

blush-januma-pai-clinic-001

The facial itself was not just relaxing but SUPER informative. This is what happened once i was in the room:

- Cleansing: Regular cleansing procedure that you usually have before any facial. Her hands were super soft though, so yknow how those random parlour people end up hurting your face almost. This felt almost spa-like.

- Peach Scrub: They applied a very mild peach scrub on me. Didn’t feel like a scrub honestly more like a moisturizer.

- Bleach: Nice, fruity smelling mild bleach applied to my face. Didn’t burn my eyes like normal bleach does

- Steam: This fancy machine blew steam on me while I lay on my back

- Blackhead removal : Again, like a routine facial the blackhead removal thing, they used those metal picks to remove blackheads. The good thing- I sometimes writhe in pain when they do this in facials, but the touch was so gentle I almost felt like its not going to be effective enough

- Neosporin Powder: This is like an antiseptic powder which they applied on me.  The funda behind the same was that since we had just done steam to open up our pores , this antiseptic powder would ensure they dont get infected

-High pressure O2: This is when the tech stuff started to kick in and I was like Whoaa this is not a regular facial ! High pressure O2 was applied to disperse the Neosporin powder evenly on my face (or well, something like that!).

- Galvanic Gel & Electroporation: The name scared me- Electroporation . It sounded like something with needles and nodes and stuff. But I needn’t have worried. They applied some Galvanic Gel on my face and then made me hold a metal bar. Then they use the other end of the metal device on my face . This procedure, I was told was to ensure that the galvanic gel seeps into my skin and is absorbed by it.

- Gel Mask: Finally, they applied a gel mask to end the facial and I was in a super rush so I couldn’t sit through the entire procedure so they had to remove it in about 10-12 minutes.

I was told not to wash my face, but i kind of had to because I was heading out to Monkey bar at night and I couldn’t have gone with wet hair !

jamunapai-blush1

Left: Before I went to the salon. Right: Without any foundation- this is skin after the facial – definite tan reduction and more healthier looking skin . Actually the proper effects can be seen a day after!

The result:

• Immediate results: Definitely could see an immediate reduction in tan
  • Also could see an immediate relaxing of the skin. My skin felt well rested- I almost looked like I have just woken up from my sleep
  • My skin definitely had a glow and evenness to it, the glow was similar to the Casmara facials I love but the difference was that the effect was very long lasting. I could see my skin behaving better for an entire week to ten days after the facial which never happens  usually with regular facials
  • Overall my dehydrated skin got a surge of moisture, suppleness and stress free relaxation that was long lasting and not just a 1 day affair.
  • People could definitely see a difference. Even the most ignorant about all things girly person- the boy noticed . You look like you have slept a lot – were his comments !

What I loved:

• The girl who did my facial – she was so patient, and her hands were so soft! (This sounds so wierd, but it makes SO much of a difference. I have had facials where people were literally slapping my face. This felt like butter)
  • She also told me about each step. What it meant, why it was being done so that made it interesting and informative
  • The room itself a nice, calming feel with soothing music
  • Attention to detail- the girl who did my facial changed the air con temperature almost every 15 minutes to ensure I was never freezing/ feeling hot .

What could be better

• I wish they made it more salon like (the interiors ) and less clinic-like ..but then it is called Blush Clinic after all.

Price: Rs 4000/-

I definitely think you should atleast go and check out the clinic, see their offerings and see what you would like. It is a very different experience from a regular salon and you will come out having learnt a lot, and having experienced some funky new age stuff , not to mention with better skin!

Address: Blush Clinics – New Delhi
E-20, First Floor, Defence Colony,
New Delhi 100024

Shruti May 29, 2014 at 7:23 pm

Wow! I was thinking of a cleansing treatment from the Blush clinic all day long today.. you couldn’t have posted this at a better time..
Why are your eyes red though in the after pic?

mehak May 29, 2014 at 9:55 pm

its after a shower- shampoo in my eyes

S May 29, 2014 at 7:49 pm

YouTube channel!! Yayy!! Waiting….

Xuvious May 29, 2014 at 8:04 pm

Never heard of them before but very intriguing! :)

Simran@leavepillow May 29, 2014 at 8:08 pm

Your face is looking gr8…do they have their branches???

Gowthami May 29, 2014 at 9:03 pm

Sounds great! Never heard about this one, your skin is simply awesome!

PinkTrends May 29, 2014 at 10:02 pm

Had seen Jamuna Pai mostly in BBB giving skin makeovers to the brides. The facial looks quite intense. Though it is on higher side, but any decent salon these days is taking arnd 2/2.5 k. The anything below that, actually is a torture to one’s skin and those beauty parlour ladies really need to go easy on us..

mily May 29, 2014 at 10:04 pm

high five for the PCOD :( not something to be proud of but i dont care anymore :D is there a jamuna pai clinic here?

A Golden Tulip May 29, 2014 at 11:56 pm

Your face glows…def seeing the difference…

xo

Vineetha May 30, 2014 at 1:09 am

Your skin definitely looks healthier with a noticeable tan reduction! :-)

Swati May 30, 2014 at 1:34 am

you skin is looking so glowy!

Himani May 30, 2014 at 6:31 am

Hey Mehak I have been a silent follower of ur blog for long now.. Congratulations on the You-Tube channel.. Cant wait!!!
Thanks for such a detailed post.. Luvd ur skin post facial.. Definite wonders :)

mehak May 30, 2014 at 11:20 am

Thank you so much Himani. Im so nervous !

laks May 30, 2014 at 9:49 am

can easy make out the tan reduction . Jamuna Pai seems good and reasonably.

Rachita May 30, 2014 at 10:34 am

PCOS has led to so many pimples on my face and hair fall ! Thank you so much for the review Mehak.Will definitely check it out tho facials dont suit me coz of oily skin :(

E May 30, 2014 at 11:20 am

I had been thinking of asking you if you had plans to start a YouTube channel and so, this bit of news is awesome! Your skin really shows the difference! I’ll look into some hydrating facials here- I never find them relaxing though.

mehak May 30, 2014 at 11:21 am

We need to start a P&B international/ WMG international for readers liek you !lol

Crazy Indian Bride May 30, 2014 at 11:24 am

Perfect! Now we can collab. once you start your YouTube too :D

Krupa May 30, 2014 at 11:26 am

YouTube!! yaaay!! Can’t wait for that..
Sounds like a nice place. Maybe some day if and when I come to Delhi I will check it out.

Ankita Singh May 30, 2014 at 11:45 am

Hi mehak,

Your skin definitely looks much better, but then you’ve always had good skin :-) Given your description i was expecting this treatment to be priced around ~10 K or something and I was like no way can I afford a treatment that expensive. But at 4 K I’m pleasantly surprised! I’ve had face slapping, metal blackhead thing poking and skin torture facials for 4K, this seems like paradise. Will definitely check it out. Thanks for this and please do post about salons in Delhi. I’m new to Delhi and would love to know which are the good ones where one can go for some well deserved TLC. You’re awesome, by the way :-)

Manasi May 30, 2014 at 12:12 pm

You look so pretty!

Shivi@COSMOCHICS May 30, 2014 at 12:15 pm

Attention to detail is so important! I freeze every time when go for spa and have to ask them to turn it(AC) off!
The results are very visible! I too get those kind of eyes …all red and teary! lol
I thing the price is justified as the regular salons, the one which i visit charge upto INR 3000 and m not sure they even work or not!
Do tell us for how many days the skin remained smooth and nice! Very imp to know! :)
Thanks for the details!

Shreya May 30, 2014 at 12:17 pm

Wow you described the experience so beautifully dear

Tina May 30, 2014 at 1:16 pm

Hey Mehak,

Youtube channel is really awesome news! You have at least one reader in me who looks forward to opening P&B everyday and of late, I was a bit disappointed. Your posts actually take away a lot of stress from my mind on some days. Still loyal to you though :D, and this news definitely makes me very happy.

mehak May 30, 2014 at 1:40 pm

Haha yes its going to get better hopefully !!

Jyoti May 30, 2014 at 1:34 pm

I have never heard about it..But this seems to be great :)

Bonny May 30, 2014 at 5:47 pm

Mehak,, do let us know how long does the glow last.

coralcrue May 30, 2014 at 6:17 pm

wow! that’s a really good facial. gentle and effective! congrats on the youtube channel..yaaay! :)

Aayushi May 30, 2014 at 9:51 pm

Nice Mehak …. Looking forward to your channel.

Achina December 6, 2014 at 11:19 pm

I have a bad experience with treatment I took from blush clinic,I had heard a Lott from people majorly from website reviews that its a beauty clinic with difference…but disappointed… I had taken a treatment for blemishes on my face …the dermatologists suggested dermamelan élan treatment and promised at least fifty percent of benefit , although they claim that people come up with 80 percent of reduction in dark spots…..it’s quite an expensive treatment It required one sitting and costed thirty thousand plus…..which I spent. And was expecting atleast a fifty percent of benefit from the treatment…but not even single person from my family or friend cud identify any difference. I still kept patience as was very positive that It will show result…but now it’s almost eight months it’s still the same ..back to square one ….again. Looking for some home remedies to help ….tried contacting doctors there they say send pics but have recd no response till now….so in all no special treatments it’s all same like other small centres and fake promises…