Sonam Kapoor at Cannes 2014: Vintage with Elie Saab

by Mehak Shahani on May 19, 2014

in Celebrity

Its kind of become this yearly mystery- what is Sonam Kapoor wearing to cannes? And while in 2014, we knew it was going to be Elie Saab (plenty of clues were there on Instagram via Namrati Soni and Rhea Kapoor), this stunning, black gown totally took my breath away !

sonam-kapoor2 I pretty much believe Elie Saab can do no wrong- there has rarely been an Elie Saab which Iv seen and not gone drooling over- but this black embroidered piece with embroidery almost resembling lace was beyond gorge! I love that the accessories were negligible- no bracelets and just earrings to set the dress.

sonamk-cannesNamrata Soni kept her look vintagey, with her hair in those signature vintage waves stuck to one side and red lips.

sonam-kapoor-cannes-2014

Is it just me by the way, or after that Koffee with karan episode your perception of Sonam has changed a bit for the worse?

See what she wore the previous years:

Ashima May 19, 2014 at 2:20 pm

Totally agree with your last statement Mehak! My perception of her has definitely changed after that episode! But have to say she looked lovely in the Elie Saab! She always ends up looking Fab!

mehak May 19, 2014 at 2:30 pm

True..she is definitely a fashion icon and this time her look was perfect…that dress is so pretty!

Pinktrends May 19, 2014 at 2:21 pm

I too liked her overall look..but the dress is quite humongous…

laks May 19, 2014 at 2:34 pm

Seems like she was preparing the whole year for Cannes :D . I hate her after KWK :| .

Gowthami@BeautyFrontline May 19, 2014 at 2:35 pm

I really liked the hair-do and she is gorg..

pooja May 19, 2014 at 2:43 pm

That episode really put a seal on all the rumors that she is nothing but a big mouth! all those “yooouuu knooowwww….its liiiiiike…….i meaaaaann…….whadever……” Sounding like a fourteen year old is her definition of being stylish! Gosh that was just too toxic to be cleansed out ever (not even by wearing Elie Saab and Chopard)!!!

Shikha May 19, 2014 at 2:56 pm

I love her dressing style and what I like her about most is way she open to experiment.. While most of Indian actress play safe either with curls and those high buns.. she is someone I always look for.. something new….

Manasi May 19, 2014 at 3:09 pm

She looks pretty!

Lisha@HeartBowsMakeup May 19, 2014 at 3:44 pm

I loved her makeup but I guess I’m the only one who did not like her gown! And yeah after the Koffee With Karan saga I just can’t seem to stand her!

Ramitha May 19, 2014 at 4:17 pm

I agree completely after KWK , Anything related to sonam is annoying me, she is so full of herself..!!

Priyanka Jain May 19, 2014 at 4:28 pm

L.O.V.E her gown <3 <3 and the makeup is just classic :)!!!

Ananya May 19, 2014 at 5:01 pm

I love the dress but I feel that this time the dress is wearing her, instead of being the other way round. She is drowning in it. But the makeup and hair are so gorgeous.The red lips and a faux bob totally reflect the old vintage Hollywood charm.
And I’ve totally lost the little bit respect and admiration I had for her after watching her KWK episode. She went really overboard this time. It came across as obnoxious and narcissist rather than being fun and frank. She should really keep a check on her tongue.

Vini @dndb May 19, 2014 at 5:24 pm

She did sound extremely judgmental after the show. And in the recent front row also she was very bitchy. DUnno what it is about her tho!! But this outfit has blown me away too :D

mily May 19, 2014 at 5:51 pm

definitely not just you…and i dont know why..but i have started hating her and aliya bhatt after KWK episodes..cant stand these two speaking! Can a person be that dumb? there is no upper limit on dumbness?

Aditi @ The Happy Purse May 19, 2014 at 6:56 pm

‘a bit’? hahaha more like a lot. but i’ve always thought of her as a fashion icon in her own right, and no matter how ridiculously stupid she is, you cant take that away from her.. these pics are proof! :) flawless makeup too :)

Sumathi May 19, 2014 at 9:28 pm

I too find her extremely annoying.. But ya she is very stylish, no doubt about that.
I would just prefer to look at her when the mouth is closed.. Otherwise I feel like punching her
straight from the TV :/

Hems May 19, 2014 at 10:38 pm

I didn’t like what she was wearing much…its okay..love her makeup and hair though.. And regarding her fashion choices, isn’t it her sister who does most of her styles.. she probably should be credited for sonam’s fashion icon status..

xo, Hems

Pallavi May 19, 2014 at 10:40 pm

Well, I think most people with a lot ofd money can turn out well. I love the Elie Saab dress, but just cannot tolerate this woman anymore! To start with I was not a fan, and her toxic personality is no good. She’s “like” the local Kardashian now, “you know what I mean”, “I mean” she’s so full of herself that it’s “like rubbish”. “Whatever”.

Aayushi May 19, 2014 at 11:05 pm

Well said …That rubbish word was everywhere in the episode…. couldn’t stand it

Aayushi May 19, 2014 at 10:54 pm

I have started hating Sonam Kapoor after watching that episode of Koffee With Karan 4 ….. The dress is drool worthy and it is just her dress and makeup that is doing wonders for her.. nothing wonderful about Sonam Kapoor though. It is like a maid dressed in an utterly gorgeous gown and did good makeup and hair… But not a Cinderalla thing.. She is so evil and keeps blowing her own trumpet :D

Bonny May 19, 2014 at 10:58 pm

Like her 2nd look too….she is a style icon.

Chris May 19, 2014 at 11:39 pm

I like the voluminous skirt and the sheer material. It’s a nice take on black lace. Updated and elegant.

lenskart May 20, 2014 at 3:13 am

my perception of Sonam is what it used to be, this woman knows how to carry her self its just that she doesn’t know how to speak elegantly

swati May 20, 2014 at 9:09 am

I think she’s beautiful, and I do look forward to seeing what she’s wearing. . . but watching her speak makes me cringe a bit.

Clothes and Creativity May 20, 2014 at 12:08 pm

The gown is sort of nice, albeit a little pouf-y! And to be honest, I was never really a fan of Sonam Kapoor’s acting talent, but after KWK, her image took a downer for the worse- never seen/heard the word “like” being abused so much! Also, didn’t quite like her styling on the show.

TA May 20, 2014 at 2:50 pm

As always she looked stunning and u r so right ES can never be wrong!

Karishma May 21, 2014 at 6:47 pm

She looks breathtaking. Now if only she would stop giving weird interviews.