When you read the name of this mascara, you think this is some kickass mascara which bad-a** girls use and have those large, fluttery lashes. While I have no intentions of going bad-a**, who doesn’t want those fluttery lashes!! I have heard so many things about Benefit They’re Real Mascara and I thought this would, if not that good, be a little brother of that!! Boy, I was wrong!
My natural lashes are anyways long and are naturally thick so I want my mascara to give me those fluttery thick lashes which I get from my Rimmel mascara. This mascara is like “my lashes but better” kinds. It gives some thickness and length with 2 coats but does not give that dramatic look. Plus this is not waterproof. There is a waterproof version in this but that was not available. So somebody like me who cries at the drop of a hat plus this summer heat and now rains….just a really bad idea!!
I always use waterproof mascaras so this neither gives me volume nor length nor color I like. But I know girls who only use non-waterproof mascaras so this is a nice option for them. It is not that pigmented so if you expect dramatic eyelashes, then this definitely not the best bet for you. Removal is definitely easy as compared to waterproof mascaras. So in a nutshell, this is a nice option for those who like natural but better eyelashes and like using non-waterproof mascaras. For those like me who like dramatic fluttery lashes, there are so many amazing options available in Rimmel London and Maybelline.
Pros of Benefit Bad Gal Lash mascara:-
- It gives a nice natural curl to the lashes.
- Good option for girls who use Non-waterproof mascaras.
- Available in both non-waterproof and waterproof version.
- Easy to remove.
- The wand is huge and covers the lashes in one go.
Cons of Benefit Bad Gal Lash mascara:-
- Does not have good pigmentation and only lightly coats the lashes with a faint black colour.
- Does not give volume or length to lashes.
- Smudges all over your face if you cry, it rains or due to heat. This point pretty much sums up my life :P
- Feels clumpy if you layer 2-3 coats.
- Pricy for mascara. I bought the travel size for 5 $ and the full size mascara retails for 19 $ which is approx 1230 INR.
Price: 19 $ (approx 1230 INR)
Recommendation: Definitely NO if you want your mascara to really pack on the volume and length and give you a dramatic effect. Yes for people who like to collect mascara’s, and don’t mind just a natural looking mascara at this price! You can try the waterproof version of this but I will still suggest to go for “they’re real”!
Guest Review By Guest Blogger Mily
About the Blogger: Mily recently started her blog Pinkrimage to share her love for makeup and beauty with the online community. You will find product reviews on makeup, skincare and hair/body care products on her blog apart from Makeup Tutorials, Looks, Celebrity Makeup breakdowns, DIYs and a little bit about her life and other passions like fitness, health and books!
Subscribe Updates, Its FREE!