Maybelline The Jewels Colorsensational Lipstick in Berry Brilliant: Swatches & Review
I know it is spring/summer but it’s never to late to prepare for fall with a deep glossy berry plum shade for that perfect fall pout. Touted to be a dupe for Mac Rebel, this one transforms into a vampy lip whenever you need. Though it has been sometime the Maybelline Jewel Lipsticks were introduced it’s never too late to discuss lipsticks that are worth flaunting, so let’sindulge!
Collection: The Jewels
Packaging: Standard sturdy Maybelline packaging with graphical pink cap that reflects light which is blingy, girly and attractive.
Shade: It is deep berry plum shade in the tube, looks soft pinky plum in the swatch and develops in to perfect berry plum on the lips with 2-3 swipes.
Texture: Super soft and feels quite smooth to apply, very moisturizing and imparts gloss like fine finish to the lips.
Pigmentation: Though it looks quite deep in the tube, it turns out to light and soft glossy texture in the swatch. It is sheer on the lips in the first swipe, but 2-3 swipes later you will get good pigmentation and near opaque coverage
- When used as a stain, it gives rose pink glossy lips which are perfect for day and I love it!
- With 2-3 swipes, this lipstick tends to make me look vampy, so I usually avoid deep application (this could be because of my pigmented lips, may not be a problem for non-pigmented lips)
- Though it doesn’t have any purple undertones, it tends to settle on a subtle purpler side on me, I have no idea why. This somehow reminds me of Revlon Lip butter in Lollipop on Mehak.
- Good alternative for MAC Rebel and Revlon Lip butter in Lollipop.
- Flattering shade for all most all skin tones
- Can work as both stain and lipstick
- Light, moisturizing and hydrating (No need of lip balm pre/post application)
- Extra brownie points for the glossy finish
- Perfect fall shade with no second thoughts
- Decent wear time (5-6hours)
- Leaves behind a beautiful berry tint (a fan of it)
- No ingredient list and lipstick tube is not sealed
- Sheer and light on single swipe may not give intense coverage for pigmented lips
- When deeply applied, lips might turn vampy
- Bleeds in the corners when intensely applied
Price: 350 INR for 4g
Will I Repurchase? No, not this shade .
Final Verdict: Maybelline Colorsensational “Berry Brilliant” is a pink plummy shade which develops in to intense deep berry plum shade which is perfect for fall/winters. if you are someone who likes to rock the vampy lip, this is for you, if not you can probably skip this . Considered to be a dupe for Mac Rebel Lipstick, this is for the edgy girls.
Other reviews in this range: Check out Rose Quartz
Guest Review By Anusha
Follow peachesandblush on Instagram.